Circuit City is cheapass gaming heaven right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braden

CAGiversary!
I'm sure that most of you have already seen these deals posted on the main page, BUT!...

...most of them show that they are SOLD OUT on Circuit City's website!

Still, there is hope!

I went into my local Circuit City yesterday to see if they still had any of the following games in stock that were advertised cheap on this website, but were sold out on THEIR website. I found the following (all for PS2, btw)-

Alter Echo- Priced @ $20, but rang up for $10
Breath Of Fire: Dragon Quarter- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Tenchu: Wrath Of Heaven- Priced @ 40, but rang up for $15
Wild Arms 3- Priced @ $30, but rang up for $10
Zone Of The Enders: The 2nd Runner- Priced @ $30, but rang up for a cool $15!

And lastly, for you Gamecube owners...

I found a copy of Resident Evil: RE pricemarked @ $30, but ringing up for $20! I brought this up to them, on the wim, that as it was an older game, it would probably ring up cheaper than marked. I was right!

I dropped a little less than $90 (after tax), but walked out with 6, count 'em, SIX!, "decent to good to GREAT!" games!!!

That averages out to less than $15 per game people!

The guy that scanned them for me even admitted that they had some Re-pricing to do! So, now is the time to hit Circuit City! Before they catch up with their pricing, and other shoppers SEE the bargains!

If you have a CC in your town, do as I did...

Start by searching their website games (even if they show that they are "out of stock"!), then compile a list of what you want. Go to the store and hunt them down. Take a pile of games up to a clerk, or register, regardless of the "marked" price, and have that person scan them. They should match the website price. @ least they have @ my local CC here in Springfield, MO.!

Don't waste another minute. Plan your strategy now as Black Friday's coming and after that, they may be GONE, due to all of the bargain shoppers!!!

~~When life gives you lemons, return 'em @ Wal-Mart for higher credit! LOL~~

Is it a bad idea to print a list of games and bring it with me? Like, will the employees get mad at me if they see me looking at it?

?

I don't see why they would have any trouble with you bringing a list of prices for games that they sell at their store, so you should be fine...=D

I brought the list with me and I even gave it to one of the employees after because he was amazed at the deals.

[quote name='Querjek']Is it a bad idea to print a list of games and bring it with me? Like, will the employees get mad at me if they see me looking at it?[/quote]

It is a good idea to bring a list. An employee who would get mad at you for having a list so that you know what you are looking for, is a messed up employee. A list will be especially useful, since most games probably will not be properly tagged, and it will save the employee from having to do countless price-checks to find out the real prices.

[quote name='Querjek']Is it a bad idea to print a list of games and bring it with me? Like, will the employees get mad at me if they see me looking at it?[/quote]
I don't really see how they could get mad at you. It's just your shopping list :) If you don't see a game, ask them to help, I mean they are their to help. I know there are some aceholes out there, but it doesn't hurt to try. Bring that list with you, and if you are done with your shopping, maybe even give it to someone who seems interested in buying some cheap ass games.

You don't have to Bring the LIST with you. Just ask the Cashier whoever working in Videogames Department (The have the list with 3 Pages long)

:)

came back from a cheapass trip and bought the last phantasy star collection they had. The clerk wouldn't let me get bloodrayne for $10 from the 50% off bin.

I don't think so. When I went to mine I had a list with me and I looked through every singe Xbox game they had making sure I didn't miss anything. The guy was shocked (didn't show him the list but told him about it) but not mad.

X2 Wolverine's Revenge for the PS2 is $9.99 at CC's website. I'm not sure if that's a permanent deal though so I wouldn't add it to the list until that's confirmed.

Post from www.vgtalk.com thread...

Circuit City Sale List – Updated!

PLAYSTATION 2
Mobile Light Force 2(PS2) - $4.99
Shinobi(PS2) - $4.99
Gungrave(PS2) - $4.99
Red Faction II(PS2) - $4.99
Wreckless(PS2) - $4.99
Britney's Dance Beat(PS2) - $7.49
Clocktower 3(PS2) - $9.99
Gitaroo Man(PS2) - $9.99
Eve of Extinction(PS2) - $9.99
Herdy Gerdy(PS2) - $9.99
Maximo(PS2) - $9.99
Jade Cocoon 2(PS2) - $9.99
Simpsons Skateboarding(PS2) - $9.99
Dues Ex (PS2) - $9.99
Alter Echo(PS2) - $9.99
X2 Wolverines Revenge(PS2) - $9.99
Timesplitters 2(PS2) - $9.99
Wipeout Fusion(PS2) - $9.99
ICO(PS2) - $14.99
Kinetica (PS2) - $14.99
.hack - Infection(PS2) - $14.99
Parappa the Rapper 2(PS2) - $14.99
Zone of Enders 2: The 2nd Runner(PS2) - $14.99
Shadow Hearts(PS2) - $14.99
Extermination(PS2) - $14.99
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance(PS2) - $19.99
R.A.D. – Robot Alchemic Drive(PS2) - $19.99
Primal(PS2) - $19.99
Guilty Gear X2(PS2) - $19.99
Amplitude(PS2) - $19.99
Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore(PS2) - $19.99
Fatal Frame (PS2) - $24.99
Rez(PS2) - $24.99
Rygar(PS2) - $24.99

XBOX
Exhibition Volume 3(XBOX) - $0.99
Triple Play 2002(XBOX) - $4.99
Quantum Redshift(XBOX) - $4.99
Murakumo(XBOX) - $4.99
Wreckless(XBOX) - $4.99
Jet Set Radio Future(XBOX) - $4.99
Crazy Taxi 3(XBOX) - $9.99
Defender(XBOX) - $9.99
Unreal Championship(XBOX) - $9.99
Bloodrayne(XBOX) - $14.99
Fatal Frame(XBOX) - $24.99

GAMECUBE
Lost Kingdoms(GCN) - $4.99
Defender(GCN) - $4.99
Batman Vengence(GCN) - $4.99
BloodRayne(GCN) - $4.99
NHL Hitz 2003(GCN) - $4.99
Tiger Woods 2003(GCN) - $4.99
NBA 2K2(GCN) - $4.99
FreekStyle(GCN) - $7.49
Robotech: Battlecry(GCN) - $7.49
All Star Baseball 2003(GCN) - $7.49
Dead to Rights(GCN) - $9.99
Resident Evil(GCN) - $9.99
Home Run King (GCN) - $9.99
Gauntlet Dark Legacy(GCN) - $9.99
MLB Slugfest 2003(GCN) - $9.99
Hitman 2(GCN) - $9.99
Rogue Squadron II(GCN) - $9.99
SSX Tricky(GCN) - $9.99
Spy Hunter(GCN) - $9.99
Waverace: Blue Storm(GCN) - $9.99
Resident Evil 2(GCN) - $9.99
MX Superfly(GCN) - $9.99
Timesplitters 2 (GCN) - $9.99
Red Faction 2 (GCN) - $9.99
007 Bond: Agend Under Fire(GCN) - $9.99
NBA Street(GCN) - $9.99
Star Wars: Clone Wars(GCN) - $9.99
UFC Tap Out(GCN) - $14.99
Ikaruga(GCN) - $19.99
Def Jam Vendetta(GCN) - $19.99
Skies of Arcadia Legends(GCN) - $24.99
Phantasy Star Online(GCN) - $24.99
Sega Soccer Slam (GCN) - $24.99

GAMEBOY ADVANCE
Super Ghouls and Ghosts(GBA) - $4.99
Pinball of the Dead(GBA) - $4.99
Contra Advance (GBA) - $7.49
Phantasy Star Collection(GBA) - $9.99
Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow(GBA) - $14.99
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance(GBA) - $14.99
Castlevania: Circle of the Moon(GBA) - $14.99
F-Zero(GBA) - $14.99

PSONE
Master Blaster(PS1) - $4.99
Final Fantasy Origins(PS1) - $9.99 - $14.99

The new price list must be regional or just not completely accurate. I just bought NHL hitz 2003 GC for 9.99, same price for both xbox and gamecube. GC bloodrayne is still 9.99, I had it scanned. for the most part, the list is accurate except for the few $5 games. I was looking for some cheap games to tradein.

tiger woods 2003 GC is not $5, more like $15. Red Faction II PS2 is $10, not $5. They also must have changed the price on BOF:dragon quarter, it came up as $29.99, I had them entered both the actual upc and their own tag.

I could be wrong, but congrats for scoring on these deals.

Thanks for the list, but as the poster above just noted....some of the prices are inaccurate. A lot of people that contributed to that list got the $20 discount due to the CC cashier ringing them up wrong. That's makes some of those prices YMMV at best.

I was at CC today and Hitman 2 (GCN) rings up at $14.99 (not $9.99) and Super Ghouls and Ghosts (GBA) rings up at $9.99 (not $4.99). Those are 2 games which I can confirm.

To expand what I said before about the CC cashier ringing people up wrong....

Circuit City has a promotion right now where you get a $10 discount if you buy 2 games priced at $19.99 or higher, or a $20 discount if you buy 3 games priced at $20 or higher.

Some people have gotten the $10/$20 discount even though they bought games priced below $19.99 due to the CC cashier ringing them up wrong. The $10/$20 discount is applied evenly to the games you bought on your receipt. That's the reason why people posted wrong prices such as Hitman 2 for $9.99 (the $10/$20 discount was mistakely applied by the cashier). So YMMV on some of those prices on that list.

Yeah Lost Kingdoms for Gamecube is actually 9.99.

Also I don't see Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 for Gamecube at 24.99

[quote name='MarkMan']Post from www.vgtalk.com thread...

Circuit City Sale List – Updated!

XBOX
Exhibition Volume 3(XBOX) - $0.99
Triple Play 2002(XBOX) - $4.99
Quantum Redshift(XBOX) - $4.99
Murakumo(XBOX) - $4.99
Wreckless(XBOX) - $4.99
Jet Set Radio Future(XBOX) - $4.99
Crazy Taxi 3(XBOX) - $9.99
Defender(XBOX) - $9.99
Unreal Championship(XBOX) - $9.99
Bloodrayne(XBOX) - $14.99
Fatal Frame(XBOX) - $24.99[/quote]

Wow, Quantum Redshift (Xbox) $4.99 now! I need to go back to Circuit City and take my receipt to get a $5 refund, cause I paid $9.99 for the game...

Hmm, Crazy Taxi 3 (Xbox) $9.99! I hope my CC has that game instock...

Unreal Championship (Xbox) $9.99! Is that price for the original version or the Platinum Hits version?...

Wow, Fatal Frame (Xbox) $24.99! That's a good price for a rare and hard to find game...

Is C-12 Final Resistance (PS1) $4.99, any good?...

When I went to CC 2 weeks ago, NCAA College Football 2K3 (Xbox) was $14.99. I don't know if the game is $9.99 now...

Made my first cheap-ass purchase today at CC.

JSRF
Freaky Flyers
Mat Hoffman x2
Quantum Redshift
Haven
WWE Crush Hour
Amplitude

Almost all for trade-in anyway, since I don't even have an Xbox.

[quote name='Uncle Fuz']Made my first cheap-ass purchase today at CC.

JSRF
Freaky Flyers
Mat Hoffman x2
Quantum Redshift
Haven
WWE Crush Hour
Amplitude

Almost all for trade-in anyway, since I don't even have an Xbox.[/quote]

Oh boy, here we go again. Look, people, this behavior makes me want to puke. When you trade in these games to electronics boutique, they will open them up, check the disc, then sell it as used. Meaning that you just screwed a fellow CAGer from owning a brand new game at a cheap price. It's people like this that will in the end ruin this website because no one will want to post deals anymore. They will hoarde these deals for themselves.

Yeah, what do you expect people to do when you post shit like that? Woo! you totally are screwing a bunch of people out of games that they will actually play so you can make a quick buck! Dork.

How about we focus on the Circuit City deals? This thread has been off topic before, there's no avoiding it. People will buy copies for their own benefit. Gotta live with it. That's how life is. Complaining on this small forum will do nothing to change that.

[quote name='MarkMan']How about we focus on the Circuit City deals? This thread has been off topic before, there's no avoiding it. People will buy copies for their own benefit. Gotta live with it. That's how life is. Complaining on this small forum will do nothing to change that.[/quote]

The problem, MarkMan, is that the deals will be gone before you can take advantage of them because people will a) buy them as trade-ins or b) sell them on ebay to make a quick buck. No wonder why my CC hasn't had most of these deals. They were gone before I got a chance to go check them out. How would you like it if that happened to your CC store? Ebay scalpers picked up every copy of Shinobi, Phantasy Star Online, and every other cheap deal at your CC. I guess that's life, huh MarkMan?

Yeah, I got Shinobied. Where's my Shinobi? Every time a CAGer buys 10 copies of the same game another CAGer cries :(

It really pisses the hell out of me as well. The most copies I ever bought of a cheap ass deal is when I buy a copy for myself and a copy for a friend or relative. To buy them to sell or trade in just screws the rest of us out of a chance to get a deal.

Hell, the BB I go to had a bunch of copies of several of the .01 guides one day. I came here, saw they were 1 cent, went back to BB the next day and all were gone.

...and I feel for you C_A. Where is my Wario World? :D Oh, I know, somebody is selling it on eBay for 40 bucks, that is where it went.

Damn people buying them out to sell them or trade them in.

I got gungraved, shinobi'ed and every other game that was 5 bucks! I guess there are some real cheap asses in california!!

I don't understand the moaning from the people who can't find certain games. This deal has been going on for more than 1.5 months now (2wks before black friday). These games were first avail on the web and then sold out. Most people who got in the deals had to do their own foot work and search them at BM stores. Why are people bellyaching about a deal that has been going on for at least 6 weeks and still going? If you are too lazy to drive to different stores to find them or too afraid to ask for price checks, then stop complaining. You snooze, you lose---if you want the games for cheap, you have to work for it. I got in on some cheap $5 games, but I had to drive to 3 different CC to find them, the same complainers would say that I am insane for putting in so much effort for some $5 games.

Complaining about people buying up cheap games before you do is like faulting people for picking up a $20 laying on the street.

Apparantly you failed to read what everybody was saying. We are complaining about people who buy dozens of the same game to sell them for profit...

people get disappointed due to people grabbing tons of copies..
I have looked since black friday, driven to several stores and asked for price checks..
I am moaning now because it seems fairly certain I won't find any of the games I want..especially when a store clerk asks me "whats up with shinobi? a guy guy came in and bought 6 of them!"

How many copies per game does each store carry? My guess is about 10-15 max. Do you think you and your 1 friend are the only cheapskates in town?

You can still get these games on ebay for cheap, much cheaper than most retail shoppers are paying for them. Most of you are just pissed because you missed out on the 'below' cost values.

I am sure the people who purchased these games on ebay 'for cheap' are quite happy with their savings.

BTW, these games are cheap because they are not very good or old. But they still have the 39.99-49.99 price tags, you just have to ask the clerks to price scan it for you.

Again, what are you bellyaching about? You had 6+ weeks for these deals. I can understand your complaint if these games were bought after the first day, but you have no ground to complaint 3 days after the initial sale. And nobody here expected that this sale is a permanent markdown. So, better luck next time, or better prepared next time.

"Most of you are just pissed because you missed out on the 'below' cost values."

uh, yeah, that's IS the point! heheheh!

Man I cleaned up

XBOX jsrf /sega gt .01
XBOX clone wars/tetris online .01
XBOX Nightcaster 4.99
PS2 Rez 24.99
PS2 Gitaroo Man 9.99
PS2 Breath of Fire 9.99
GBA Phantasy Star Collection 9.99

question how does this recipt thing work i bought Gungrave last friday and quantum redshift so how does this work. cause i heard people saying they were getting money back.

I bought Shinobi for $10 last week and went back on Monday to price match to their $4.99 price. I simply brought the game and my receipt with me and told them "Hey, I want to price match this to your new in store price. I believe it's $4.99 now." So they scanned the barcode from the game and the new price appeared on screen, so they checked my receipt and gave me my $5. P

I don't think we really have to worry too much about people hoarding copies. This thread came about because Circuit City does not mark their prices and most people do not know to check the prices in the store.

Examples:

Circuit City one has had a stack of Waveraces for weeks. It is slowly dwindling so people are buying it but most don't know so its still there.

Circuit City one and two both have a handful of Zone of the Enders.

Circuit City one and two has a stack of Gungrave marked at 49.99 not moving.

Both had Rez.

Finally Circuit City one had one copy of Shinobi. It sat there for a month at 19.99 before I realized it was 9.96.

My point is that most people do not know about these prices, and some games like Shinobi are simply in low quantities, so if you've haven't found a game it's because you just haven't been lucky or quite frankly you need to search harder.

I've been to only 2 Circuit Cities and have found whatever I wanted, and theres still more in driving distance

Where have people been finding these copies of JSRF/Segaa GT and Star Wars: CW/Tetris Worlds Online? Were they on the shelves with the other games?

[quote name='Querjek']Where have people been finding these copies of JSRF/Segaa GT and Star Wars: CW/Tetris Worlds Online? Were they on the shelves with the other games?[/quote]

They should be on the shelves with the other Xbox games. I was able to get 7 JSRF/Sega GT games for 7 cents the other day. They were priced at $99.99 but rang up at a penny. Flame me all you want, but I'm not passing up a 1-cent game, and I doubt most of you would too.

I tried to the the Star Wars/Tetris game today, but it was ringing up at $99.99, so YMMV on that.

[quote name='DriftChamp'][quote name='Querjek']Where have people been finding these copies of JSRF/Segaa GT and Star Wars: CW/Tetris Worlds Online? Were they on the shelves with the other games?[/quote]

They should be on the shelves with the other Xbox games. I was able to get 7 JSRF/Sega GT games for 7 cents the other day. They were priced at $99.99 but rang up at a penny. Flame me all you want, but I'm not passing up a 1-cent game, and I doubt most of you would too.

I tried to the the Star Wars/Tetris game today, but it was ringing up at $99.99, so YMMV on that.[/quote]

I don't think anyone expects you to 'pass up' a 1-cent game. Some people may be upset about you getting 7 of them (when they are the same game).

Mickey Mouse Magical Mirror GC 19.96
Phantasy Star Online GC 24.99
Batman Sin Tzu Special Edition with Comic GC 19.99
MINUS $20 for sale (I, talked manager into taking the 19.96 game :) )

GBA Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance 14.99
Matt Hoffman's Pro BMX 2 X-Box 4.96
GBA Iron Man 4.96
GBA Defender 7.46
Lost Kingdoms GC 9.96
Gamecube Survival Pack (4 coasters/popcorn/game board) 1 cent
X-Box Demo Disc #4 4.99
Resident Evil 3 GC 14.99

:)

[quote name='Wario64']My Circuit City wont give me the SegaGT/JSRF pack for 1 penny[/quote]

Do they try and tell you that it's a promotional item, and since it's priced so high, it isn't meant to be sold? That's the story I got at my CC, but I asked if they could sell it to me so I could just get the case, and they said fine.

would ANYONE be kind enough to pick up gitaroo man for me? I'll pay you back and do the same for you if there's any game deal that's not local to your area. my best buy had most of the other games, just not gitaroo man. happy new years!

[quote name='chinkee']would ANYONE be kind enough to pick up gitaroo man for me? I'll pay you back and do the same for you if there's any game deal that's not local to your area. my best buy had most of the other games, just not gitaroo man. happy new years![/quote]

I doubt BB would have Gitaroo Man. Why don't you check out CC?

[quote name='E-Z-B']

The problem, MarkMan, is that the deals will be gone before you can take advantage of them because people will a) buy them as trade-ins or b) sell them on ebay to make a quick buck. No wonder why my CC hasn't had most of these deals. They were gone before I got a chance to go check them out. How would you like it if that happened to your CC store? Ebay scalpers picked up every copy of Shinobi, Phantasy Star Online, and every other cheap deal at your CC. I guess that's life, huh MarkMan?[/quote]

I hear ya. But me, being the CAG that I am. Will always be the first in line for deals like this. So I won't be any tears on my side. That's life. You gotta get up early and take advantage of these things.

I went to all 5 Circuit City locations in San Diego the past week. I'm glad I found all I was looking for. :) For any San Diego people, you should check out the CCs still because there are plenty of Shinobi and Gungraves around.

im new here.. ive read almost all the posts and most are griping about people hoarding some cheap games. whats the catch? what will you do with 10 shinobis??? where could you trade them for some newer games?? need help people..

what people do is buy like 10 $5 games and were going and trading them in at EB for $10 a piece while others havn't gotten in on the deals. so there spending like $25 and trading them in and getting $50. thats the problem.

I ended up getting 7 games for about $70, then turning 2 of those games in (total cost $8) for $34 in tradein value to get 2 -other- games. Granted, none of these were dupes or anything. I'm quite happy though with my 7 new GC/PS2 games. Just wish I could have gotten PSO, or could have afforded Arc The Lad as well.

Stuff:

Xenosaga - $19.96
Activision Anthology - $9.99
Skies of Arcadia Legends - $24.99
Wild Arms 2 - $9.96
Shinobi - $4.99
Evergrace - $9.99
Summoner (GC) - $9.99

For some reason SOA:L, Summoner and the Activision Anthology all went for the buy 3 and get $20 off deal, so SOA:L was like $18, Evergrace was $3 and Summoner was $3. I took Summoner and Shinobi to a gamestore that I saw had a used Animal Crossing in, got $34 tradein for the $8 of money I spent, got Animal Crossing and VF4:Evo instead.

If anyone hits Circuit City or elsewhere and sees the following games (NEW/SEALED), i'll make it worth their while:

PS2 REZ --- ccprice: $25+/- ; I'll buy for=$40*
PS2 Gitaroo Man --- ccprice: $10+/- ; I'll buy for=$21*
PS2 Robot Alchemic Drive (RAD) ccprice: $18+/- ; I'll buy for=$24*

(my buy prices already include $2 shipping for each, please subtract $1 for each add'l game I get from you - yes I'm a cheap-ass.)

I have a very hard time finding these games locally but many of you seem to see "plenty" in your area so I think I'll use the power of CAG to make this a win/win situation for everyone.

The circuit city "buy 3 games above $20 & save $20" ends 01/03/04

I'll pay via paypal and link to my stellar ebay (buys) feedback.

Need at least 4 of each Rez/Git and 2 more RADs for my group of friends.

Please email-me:

mrrhee "at" mail "dot" com

thanks all. if anyone deems this post inappropriate please understand that I'm desperate to find these, the sale ends soon, and many CAGers see lots of these games lining their local store shelves. plus for every one of these games I find thru CAG I'll donate $1 to the CAG fund. in fact, I just donated $5.42 to CAG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back