:ds:
Jam Sessions $19.99

:psp:
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2 $19.99
Napoleon Dynamite $14.99
Rainbow Six: Vegas $19.99
Test Drive Unlimited $29.99

[quote name='Richlough']Test Drive is really good .[/quote]

Any other feedback on Test Drive Unlimited? How is the online play on the 360? Is anybody still online?

I just picked up the 360 Wireless Racing Wheel and this is one of the few games listed that supports it.

[quote name='gantt']Any other feedback on Test Drive Unlimited? How is the online play on the 360? Is anybody still online?

I just picked up the 360 Wireless Racing Wheel and this is one of the few games listed that supports it.[/QUOTE]

I enjoyed it when I rented it a while back; I don't normally care for racing games, but it was quite relaxing being able to drive around the entire island without a worry. I didn't exactly get to test the online play, but it was quite seamless being online with others (as I didn't know I was online until I heard other people talking through my speakers. ^_^;;; ).

[quote name='gantt']Any other feedback on Test Drive Unlimited? How is the online play on the 360? Is anybody still online?

I just picked up the 360 Wireless Racing Wheel and this is one of the few games listed that supports it.[/QUOTE]

It's more of a driving game than a racing game most of the time .
It's very cool to cruise around and reveal more of the map and discover the challenges .
The roads are based on actual GPS data so they are pretty flat .
As a result very high speed driving is very risky .
If you can get over the fact that the island is not artificially engineered [like NFS] to haul ass on , you'll enjoy it .

Thanks for the info. I put 4 of those games that are $19.99 aside at the store I work at and am planning on waiting until they have a buy 2 for $30 sale so they're even cheaper.

[quote name='expane']typical circuit city garbage crap deals[/quote]

These are universal, not clearance, I believe. ;)

test drive for $20 is worth it, i'd say. x360 version. handling is kinda weird but if it doesnt bother you (try the demo), it's a pretty lengthy game for just $20. not as awesome as ridge racer 6 though, heh.

That's weird, Test Drive for PS2 isn't available for in store pickup at Circuit City and there aren't any Best Buys in my region that have it in stock either. I went to a Target while out tonight and they didn't have it so I'll probably end up having to order it. Too bad the PS2 version doesn't have any of the motorcycles. And what is the deal with the mirrors being blurred out? It doesn't make any sense to me why they would do that. Now I'm actually wondering if it is worth $20 lol.
:whistle2:(

TDU is kind of like a rough cut of Burnout Paradise. Basically Criterion took the idea of TDU and polished the hell out of it. Still, for $20, I'd pick it up again if I can find it locally. I seem to remember my CC having some. The one bad thing about TDU is unfortunately a lot of the cars handle really weird. That might sound like a deal-breaker in a racing game, but it just really takes a little getting used to.

Test Drive: Unlimited is a great game, especially on the PSP :). I am really enjoying it. And they have DBZ: Tenkaichi 3 on sale? YESS!

[quote name='Lucky13']That's weird, Test Drive for PS2 isn't available for in store pickup at Circuit City and there aren't any Best Buys in my region that have it in stock either. I went to a Target while out tonight and they didn't have it so I'll probably end up having to order it. Too bad the PS2 version doesn't have any of the motorcycles. And what is the deal with the mirrors being blurred out? It doesn't make any sense to me why they would do that. Now I'm actually wondering if it is worth $20 lol.
:whistle2:([/quote]
Test Drive Unlimited for PS2 and PSP is dead so don't bother. The servers have been offline for two weeks now and no announcements from Atari either.

The Xbox 360 version however is still going strong and people are still online playing and racing.

I just picked up the 360 Wireless Racing Wheel and this is one of the few games listed that supports it.[/quote]

I really liked it, but when I was playing it there were a ton of serious glitches. One of them was it wouldn't let me buy anymore cars. Don't know why, but it would freeze up every time I entered a dealership. So, without the ability to buy new cars, the game was pretty much dead to me. Which is sad because I really enjoyed it.

However, the dealership glitch never happened on my brother's GT(same disc, same xbox) so maybe it's an isolated event. I even erased my saved file and tried again, but to no avail.. :(

[quote name='mrfreeziexp']I really liked it, but when I was playing it there were a ton of serious glitches. One of them was it wouldn't let me buy anymore cars. Don't know why, but it would freeze up every time I entered a dealership. So, without the ability to buy new cars, the game was pretty much dead to me. Which is sad because I really enjoyed it.

However, the dealership glitch never happened on my brother's GT(same disc, same xbox) so maybe it's an isolated event. I even erased my saved file and tried again, but to no avail.. :([/quote]

That happened to me also.I bought it used at GS so assumed that it was b/c I got a bad used copy but I guess I'm not the only one (same exact issue with the freezing in dealerships)....

Bout time Test Drive Unlimited dropped

only problem is, in a "Post Burnout Paradise" world, I have no interest in TDU

A year ago, I would of been all over it. Anyway, Thanks OP :)

[quote name='JDUB X']Bout time Test Drive Unlimited dropped

only problem is, in a "Post Burnout Paradise" world, I have no interest in TDU

A year ago, I would of been all over it. Anyway, Thanks OP :)[/quote]

A couple of differences in favor of TDU, it seems to me:
1. TDU set in realistic Oahu, vs. fictitious setting; interesting if you live there or plan to visit. I always appreciate racing games with real world settings, and if I can choose my route through the actual roads, all the better.

2. $20 vs. $50-60. This... is... CAG!

[quote name='Richlough']Test Drive is really good .[/QUOTE]
I thought it was great... I might buy it again.

bread's done
Back