Circuit City - Maryland CAGers. Idea inside

simpsonps121

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Hi Guys,
I know there are at least 4 of you. Probably a ton more. If we can post where we have been, what we have picked up and what we are looking for, we can collectively take care of each other.

I know of at least 2 I can get to, but I would like to know what I could pick up for others when I go.
1. Arundel Mills Location (Probably picked through.)
2. Security Square location - (Probably pretty well stocked.)

I will pick up what you want me to.
Let me know,
Matthew

Hey man, I had no idea there were guys from Maryland around here. By the way I'm from Laurel.

Anyways, I went to the Arundel Mills one and it was TORE UP. There were NO gamecube games left, but they had some crap Ps2 and XBOX titles left.

If you could find Mario Party 4 or Viewtiful Joe for me, it would be GREATLY appreciated. I looked at two Circuit City stores, can't remember where the other one was (I'll ask me dad).

Thanks.

Landover is more or less picked over , Beltsville as well and according to a friend Anaplolis pulled the games until the 11th.

[quote name='skulls dont fade']i'm going to the one off 81, mainly looking for the DMC series, MMX7, disgaea, doom II (gba), mario party 4, and skies of arcadia. oh and viewtiful joe.[/quote]

Good luck, you'll need it :)

the one off 81 was pretty picked. i got there right as the door opened i was able to score MMX7, Street Fighter EX3, and Chaos Legion. i know there was a CAG in there with me. pulling out a list and looking around. so either he posts here or he just views over it. if you do post - what else did you pick up? i noticed the employees started taking the games away right after i got through with some (there was a bin, but some was left on the shelf). no gamecube games for me...which sucks.

edit: i think i'll try the one in frederick, md on the 11th, i think it's possible that some of these games may still be in the stockroom and they'll put them out. i think CAG would be able to find some like Viewtiful Joe...(i'm just trying to reassure myself)

I am a Marylander as well, checked the Rockville and Gaithersburg CC, nothing...

employee told me that they just realized they have this deal which is supposed to be valid starting from tomorrow!!! He told me some guys has walked in on Saturday and storm everything in the store.. man.. that was cruel..

Here are games I was hoping to get:

Dynasty Warriors 4
Marvel vs Capcom 2
RAD
Mario Party 4
Viewtiful Joe
Disgaea
GGX2
Suikoden 3

If anyone of you have any one of those, let me know, thank you!

this is what I got at the arundel mills curcit city this morning:

Resident Evil Code Veronica, Deus EX, Spy hunter, Robin Hood:Defender of the crown, Roadkill, Terminator:DOF, Okage Shadow King, Extermination, Outlaw Golf, Smashing Drive, Jeremy Mcgrath Supercross World, Dave Mirra BMX2, Monsters Inc., Jet X20, Space Channel 5, Jet Grind Radion, Dragon Ball Z: Legond of Goku, Zoo Cube, Pikman, and Time Splitters

At the one on jennifer road in annapolis:
Onimusha II Metal Dungon, TimeSplitters 2, Defender, Black Stone, Shenmue II, Kung Fu Chaos, Dynasty Warriors 3, Top Gun, MDK2 Armageddon, Tribes, Ninja Assault, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Sim City 2000

and the one by marley station:
Spy Kids 3D, Minority Report, Prizim

Anyone know if the Arundel Mills CC is gonna restock or have any GCN games left? When I went their on July 4 they had no GCN games. I think I tsaw a CC employee taking games off the shelves.

Whats this I hear about the sale starting the 11th?

I registered here a long time ago, but never posted, mainly because I forgot I registered. After hearing about the CC clearance at GameFAQs, I revisited these forums, and I'm still logged in! Anyway, back on topic:

[quote name='auralia']
and the one by marley station:
Spy Kids 3D, Minority Report, Prizim[/quote]
Were a lot of the clearanced games left there? I don't live very far from the CC near Marley Station, and I am planning to make a trip there tomorrow to hopefully buy some games.

Rumor said CC will start the $5 sale again on the 11th. Rumor or not, I will be there and I wont be late this time. :)

all stores I listed were pretty well picked through after i got throught w/ them with the exception of maybe having about 20 5$ games left at each store w/ the store on jennifer road being the one w/ the most left. (I didn't buy doubles of anything)

i picked through arundel mills yesterday, and found 12 games. I went to the timonium store at lunch time and bought 20 games. there is an 18 game limit, so i had to make 2 purchases, but they actually have the bin setup, although i still pulled some off the shelves

I'm near the Bel Air CC. I haven't been there in a while but they looked pretty bare. If the 11th rumor pans out I'll try to get there early and see what they have.

I have meager but unlikely wants - Ape Escape 2 and DDR.

I was at the Bel Air Circuit City tonight. They had some good stuff, but not a ton. When I was there, the employees were setting up $4.99 bins, and actively looking for the games on the official lists they had. I was able to snag AvP: Extinction, Gladius, Celebrity Deathmatch, and Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown, all Xbox. If anyone wanted one of these and has Viewtiful Joe, I'll gladly trade. Also, there's one Panzer Dragoon Orta at the Bel Air one. At closing, it was still hidden on the bottom shelf behind some other junk.

MjC

I hit the Bel Air one last night and they were trying to organize the area and place all of the 5 buck games in the bin.

I searched the PS2 section only and found these:
Beyond Good & Evil (4 copies)
Kinetica
Robotech
Minority Report (3)
Summoner
Herdy Gerdy
Deus Ex (2)
Freaky Flyers (2)
Roadkill (2)
Extermination (2)
No One Lives Forever (4)
Driven (2)
Headhunter
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
Legaia 2
PaRappa the Rapper 2 (shelf)
Okage: Shadow King (shelf)
Black & Bruided (shelf)
Devil May Cry (shelf)

If anyone spots an extra Ape Escape 2, DDR, Disgaea or .hack Pt 1, please let me know.

I guess no one is listening but I'll post this just in case.

I visited the Golden Ring CC today. They are pretty weak on the PS2s. A bunch of old sports titles. Nothing that I think is much coveted. I did pick up the last copy of Chamber of Secrets. I know it's not great but probably good enough for 5 bucks.

I've long felt that the Golden Ring Store was terrible. I never find anything good there. When the last clearance was on, they had a bin of bad sports games, and that was it. Everything on the shelf was brand new. Nothing aging or old. And to Kliq, yes the Bel Air store had some GC titles, though not many. No VJ, no RE:CV. I picked up Universal, but I think I'll take it back after reading all the scathing reviews.

MjC

Hey MCal, maybe I'll see you there Sunday. I'm gonna give it a shot that they restocked.

BTW, most of what they had left were X-Box.

I was lucky enough to get some great deals at my local CC. I had two things going for me...one was that I went to the Salisbury store, which is much more a rural area then you folks "on the other side of the bridge", and two, I was lucky to hit the store early last Sunday, before the masses came in to wipe everything out, hell...I was there so early even the employees didn't know what the hell was going on as they scanned my 4.99 games. Anyways, my modest loot:

Disgaea (2 copies) I'll probably sell or trade 1
Gitaroo Man (2 copies) Same
Viewtiful Joe
Shining Soul
Dark Cloud 2
Wild Arms 3
Ico
Timesplitters 2 (GC)
Bomberman Generations (GC)
Devil May Cry 2
Ape Escape 2
The Sims
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
The Haunted Mansion
Metropolismania
Some Pokemon collesium preview disk-1 cent-(that my son begged for)

I could have been a real whore and totally hoarded a bunch of games, as I was probably the first dude in the store that knew of the deal. Passed on Mega Man X7 because I didn't think I would like it, passed on several games that I should have picked up just for trade bait but passed so others could have. They had several copies of Mario Kart: Super Circuit, but I didn't know it was part of the deal, or I would have picked up a copy. I've been trying to trade my copy of Shining Soul for one, but to no avail.

Hey Brimrand, I didn't go today. Went to the Oriole game. Any chance you asked if they're a restock store? I asked last time I was there, but the checkout girl thought it was probably just what was in stock. But also said maybe more will come, she wasn't sure. And yeah, I noticed that most of what they had that was worth getting was Xbox. I only got 2 non Xbox titles, and one of them (Universal Studios GC) is going back.

MjC

[quote name='Simply Dave']I was lucky enough to get some great deals at my local CC. I had two things going for me...one was that I went to the Salisbury store, which is much more a rural area then you folks "on the other side of the bridge", and two, I was lucky to hit the store early last Sunday, before the masses came in to wipe everything out, hell...I was there so early even the employees didn't know what the hell was going on as they scanned my 4.99 games. Anyways, my modest loot:

Disgaea (2 copies) I'll probably sell or trade 1
Gitaroo Man (2 copies) Same
Viewtiful Joe
Shining Soul
Dark Cloud 2
Wild Arms 3
Ico
Timesplitters 2 (GC)
Bomberman Generations (GC)
Devil May Cry 2
Ape Escape 2
The Sims
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger
The Haunted Mansion
Metropolismania
Some Pokemon collesium preview disk-1 cent-(that my son begged for)

I could have been a real whore and totally hoarded a bunch of games, as I was probably the first dude in the store that knew of the deal. Passed on Mega Man X7 because I didn't think I would like it, passed on several games that I should have picked up just for trade bait but passed so others could have. They had several copies of Mario Kart: Super Circuit, but I didn't know it was part of the deal, or I would have picked up a copy. I've been trying to trade my copy of Shining Soul for one, but to no avail.[/quote]

First post, and I've got to laugh cause I went to the same store on Monday and all I got was Wrestlemania 19, Medal of Honor Frontline and Viewtiful Joe (last copy I think, it was burried behind some Mickey Mouse Games so Im betting someone was saving it, but I got it..). I saw Megaman NT but I didnt want it although in retropsect I probably should have gotten it. The cashier was like "Wow, these are $4.99?" and after he finished with me he started looking over the PS2 games and scanning them to see if he could find one that would ring up $4.99.

Hi Guys,
You all are doing a great job on keeping this post active.

I went to the Anne Arundul store on the 5th - it was basically picked over. I met 2 or 3 other CAGers and pointed out 4 or 5 games to them. (Gun Valkrie, Dark Cloud etc.)

I went to the store off of 40 (or 695 depending on which way you came from.) I bought 24 games there, about 1/2 were nice titles. While there a korean family was behind me, ran in front of me and bought every single $4.99 game that they saw. At first the kid would not say a word to me, but then when I started talking to his father about my list, he was really friendly. I actually had a really good time with the family. They were nice and we pointed games out to each other. All in all, it was a great haul. The game I really wanted (Gladius) I was able to pick up.

I picked up some games for people at church, and it has been great to give them out. I will check the 40 store again today, but I doubt I will find anything.

Take Care guys,
Matthew

MCalvert1, no I didn't ask. They didn't have anything new when they opened. I did pick up a copy of Onimusha: Warlords that wasn't there on Sat. I'm guessing someone returned it. I'm going to check them again at lunch to see if there are any miracles. Is there anything you're looking for? I can keep an eye out for ya or pick one up , if you want.

PaRappa was still on the self when I was there.

BTW, you're diehard for going to the game. It's tough to keep the faith after so many disappointing seasons.

Simply Dave, you dog. You found an Ape Escape 2. That was one of the few that I was really hoping to find. Oh well, I had never seen it on the shelf at my CC, so it was probably never in the bin. At least that's what keeps the knife from my wrist :wink:

You've got me curious since the Golden Ring store is on 40 near 695 but that's a far trek for you. If you were able to find 24 titles at GR you would have gotten a lot of F1 2001. :lol:

Ah, ok. You went after I was there. I went on the 6th.

I will happily meet people somewhere to exchange games or whatever. Whatever does not move, I am going to FYE to trade in. Boy, this sale has killed me.

Thanks,
Matthew

[quote name='simpsonps121']The Golden ring - is it right across from a Home Depot? Not too far away from Security Square?
[/quote]

No. There's an HD down the road but not across. A TRU is closest to being across the street.

I'm sorry but you don't have anything on your trade list that I'm looking for. That's a shame. It'd be nice to trade with someone local - Saves on the shipping.

I'm from Philly but I was vacationing in Solomon's Island over the weekend.(It's beautiful down there!)
On my way home I stopped at the Annapolis store.
Not much to choose from for GC and PS2, but I was able to pick up a Medabots GBA game for my nephew, in the $4.99 sale bin they made up.

[quote name='simpsonps121']Hmmm... I don't know where that CC is. Thanks for the reply.
Matthew[/quote]

I wouldn't worry about them. They had nothing worthwhile when I was there and MCalvert1 mentioned earlier that he thought they were terrible.

I live in Columbia (30 minutes from Baltimore) I went to the Arundel Mills location like a week ago. Some games were full instock, some were long gone. Its worth a check. My friend went yesterday and said he got some good deals. He said some good games were still there. Check it out.

I have not checked my local Columbia store yet. I am sure they are totally picked over by now though

I live in Columbia (30 minutes from Baltimore) I went to the Arundel Mills location like a week ago. Some games were full instock, some were long gone. Its worth a check. My friend went yesterday and said he got some good deals. He said some good games were still there. Check it out.

Hey all you MDers. I had no idea there were some many of us. Maybe actually replying to that MeetUp email next time I get it would be worth it. Anyway, to Mathew: The Golden Ring store in on route 40, but the other side of the Beltway (Pulaski Highway). And I'm both happy for you and surprised that you got a load of titles at the Catonsville/Ellicott City one. I checked that place numerous times during the last sale. They were completely packed with good titles, but the problem was, most of the supposedly discounted games were not in the computer system and the manager would not let me have them for anything but the sticker price (mostly $49.99). I figured because of that, it wouldn't be worth it to drive over there. It's kinda far for me, unless I'm on my way to see my girl.

MjC

Maxgle: I don't live over by you, but my girlfriend does, so I'm down that way frequently. I thought that the gaithersburg store had some good stuff last sale (Gungrave, Breath of Fire, Shinobi). No opportunity to check for this sale though.

Brimrand: Yeah, I guess I'm sort of a die hard O's fan. This'll be the 7th consecutive losing season, but I still bought a 13 game plan.

All: Here's a link to my trade page

http://cheapassgamer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21849

Would be glad to meet and trade in person with anyone I can get to reasonably. Thanks.

MjC

i never noticed this thread

i live in harford county, md

anyone else???

i hit up the bel air, golden ring, glen burnie, and towson stores

i found a crap load of titles....be mad, be very mad

but i didnt buy out the store, i bought single copy games for myself and then about 30 throughout the past 2 weeks for trading (which helped me get a lot of titles that were nowhere to be found at those locations)

the cc in bel air is the closest to me (10 minutes) and they still have pretty many games there, you just have to know what to look for

last night i saw a crap load of games....i listed them in another thread yesterday but that thread is now buried and i dont feel like looking for it....some memories are...

sub rebellion
kinetica
deus ex
sx superstar
jimmy neutron
dora the explorer
wakeboarding
buffy
tenchu
azurik
beyond good and evil
zoocube
universal studios
cat in the hat
shrek super party
justice league
beach bandits
sports games
etc....

good luck if you're interested

be aware though, the employees were following me around like i was stealing....2 of them even followed me to the register and were being dickheads to me because i was buying some of the "4.99 games"....i asked the 2 of them if they had a problem and then they stepped off....they're both blonde and they're both bastards....have fun....

Hey Trust, I think I remember the two guys you're talking about. They were both very cool to me the times I bought $5 games. In fact, everyone at that store has been helpful and friendly to me. I work right near the border of harford county, on the baltimore county side.

MjC

Hi guys,
MC Calvert - Yes, the Route 40 Ellicott City store did not have the right prices on about 5 of the games. So I did not even bother with those games. But I did get Konami Collection for $3.99 though. IT rang up as $14.99 and I asked them to check the web site. Alas, $4.99 there - they pricematched plus 10%. Very nice.

Fragger1191 - Wow - I checked Anne Arundal on the 6th, and it had nothing. I will go back tomorrow. :) But I am glad it worked out for you and your friends. You mention a Columbia store - Which one?

Also guys, if you want to trade, let me know. The link is posted on page 2. I will sell to you guys in MD for $5.24 if you meet me somewhere. :)

Thanks,
Matthew

bread's done
Back