Circuit City - Maryland CAGers. Idea inside

[quote name='trustcompany1013']i never noticed this thread

i live in harford county, md

anyone else???

i hit up the bel air, golden ring, glen burnie, and towson stores
[/quote]

I knew you were a local so I was surprised that you didn't post in this topic. I'm in Harford Co too. Even closer to CC than you are. That's why I PM'ed ya after you said you wiped out some stores. I didn't want to drive around to find a bunch of Onis.

I saw those BG&Es in Bel Air. I so would have jumped all over that if I and everyone else I know didn't already have it. Really good game.

I searched for your list but didn't see it. Did you find a copy of Ape Escape 2 or .hack Pt 1?

It sounds like you were stalked in the BA store. Those people were really great to me. There's a girl there, Amanda, that was always looking to help. She asked more than once if I was looking for a certain title and she would look it up to see if it was on their list.

BTW, Bel Air now has two PS2 titles left. Pretty empty. Not intersted in the other consoles so I don't know if they have anything good. There are still several xbox games left.

[quote name='MCalvert1']I work right near the border of harford county, on the baltimore county side.[/quote]

Hey, are you talking down Rt 40 or Rt 7 near J-towne? I grew up in that area.

[quote name='Brimrand'][quote name='MCalvert1']I work right near the border of harford county, on the baltimore county side.[/quote]

Hey, are you talking down Rt 40 or Rt 7 near J-towne? I grew up in that area.[/quote]

No, more north than that. Right off 165. But I know where you're talking about.

MjC

I live in Gaithersburg, MD. From July 3-11, I made seven trips to four Maryland locations (Rockville, Gaithersburg, Wheaton, Landover). The last, located by FedEx Field, was the real mother-lode. I didn't go there until 7/11, but there was still a good supply of games to be had. I shared my lists, helped some kids to find the cheap GBA games, identified the discounted games for the clerks (I think it's hilarious that CAG has better intel than CC). I didn't run into one reseller, hoarder, or lame-ass clerk. This has been one of the best shopping experiences of my gaming days. My total haul:

GameCube: Fifa Soccer 2004, Mario Party 4, Mega Man Network Transmission, Rugrats Royal Ransom

Xbox: Crimson Sea, DOA:XBV, ESPN NHL Hockey, Fatal Frame, SWAT, ToeJam & Earl III

PS2: Dark Cloud 2, Disgaea, Frequency, Shox, War of the Monsters

GBA: Baseball Advance, Contra Advance, Fifa Soccer 2004, Max Payne, Mega Man Battle Network 2, Sim City 2000

GBC: Zelda:Oracle of Seasons

I was at the Landover store from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm. Other games I saw: (GBA) Agassi Tennis, Backyard Hockey, Billy Blaze Rescue Ranger, Defender of the Crown, Disney's Party, Fairly Odd Parents, GT Advance 2: Rally Racing, GT Advance 3: Pro Concept Racing, Justice League: Chronicles, Mat Hofman Pro BMX 2, Medabots: Metabee, Medabots: Rokusho, Metabots Rokusho Ver. AX, Medal Of Honor Underground, Munch's Oddysee, (GC) Big Mutha Truckas, Disney's Extreme Skate Adventure, Home Run King, MLB Slugfest 200?, Zoocube, (PS2) Defender, Gungriffin Blaze, No One Lives Forever, Super Trucks Racing, (Xbox) Cat in the Hat, Colin McRae Rally 03, Enclave, Jet Set Radio, Run Like Hell, Sega GT 2002, UFC Tapout 2, WWF Raw.

[quote name='maxgle']:) no one here live around Rockville or Gaithersburg area?[/quote]

I'm in Rockville, but there wasn't anything on the 11th. Same stuff they had on the 7th when I went.

Just a minor update. I drove right past the Golden Ring CC today for work, so I decided to stop in. Predictably bad, but found a surprisingly large amount of PS1 games. Road Rash Jailbreak was in the $4.99 bin, with a $4.99 tag. And Fear Effect 2 was on the regular shelf, marked $15 I think. It should be $4.99. If anyone in the area wants them, feel free to stop in for them. I haven't got the desire to go back there for anything. (unless of course someone offered to trade a VJ or Disgaea!)

Speaking of which, Brimrand, where did you find a Disgaea? Or did you pay full price for it?

Also for anyone in the area, there's a new store in Golden Ring called "Preplayed". They've got tons of CDs, games, movies, and some arcade games that I'm pretty sure are just for use, not sale. The one time I went there (not today) I didn't find anything that I was looking for, but the prices seemed pretty good on most stuff. And lots of stock. No clue what they give for trade ins. Cya.

MjC

I'm thinking of taking a ride out to the CC off 40 tomorrow, how do you know which games are discounted? I'm looking for the $5 - $10 games.

[quote name='MCalvert1']Speaking of which, Brimrand, where did you find a Disgaea? Or did you pay full price for it?MjC[/quote]

Sorry MjC, I didn't mean to imply that I found it for $5. Heck, I had a hard enough time finding the darn thing, let alone getting it on sale. I stumbled onto a copy at EB about a month ago. I forget what I paid but it was more than I had spent on a game since I found this site. But then again, if I hadn't found this place, I never would have heard of this game or how great it was. It is a blast - in a quirky way.

BTW, I made my daily pilgrimage to the Bel Air CC yesterday. They still have several xbox games and a few other PS2s popped up. Nothing good. Robotech and Battered and Bruised were there. I so wish that Robotech didn't stink.

I did see the "Preplayed" store when they were just about finished throwing up that building. I've never been in. Let me know if they turn out to be worth visiting. They're a little bit of a ride for me so I won't normally be going past there. Thanks.

MCalvert1: lol, I guess adamsappel was ahead both of us around the Gaithersburg and Rockville stores and that is why we missed out a few titles..but its cool... haha

By the way, I do get a chance to grab a few games.

Dragon Ball Z: Legendary Super Warriors, it's a GBC game
Metropolismania
PaRappa the Rapper 2

if anyone has Mega Man X6, I'd love to trade my game for it, I never played X6 before, so I am looking forward to.

I stopped by the CC in Catonsville, but there was nothing left but old sports titles. I also stopped by the CC in Beltsville and found a few more titles, nothing incredible except Frequency for PS2, which I picked up (last copy). Just thought I'd post my success.

Thanks for the update Gregory4545. It looks like the thrill is gone. But at least I found out there are several of us MD CAGers. Maybe we'll be able put that to use someday.

I recently moved to Baltimore and managed to hit 3 CC stores (plus 2 in Minnesota on a trip). One in Catonsville, one in Lutherville and the one on 40 by 695. All were pretty cleared out but I did manage to pick up NHL 2003 for XBOX. That was the newest sports title I could find. Couldn't find Gladius or DOA volleyball, two I was really looking for.

Yeah, I definitly like the idea of keeping the MD CAGers in touch for deals and all, I promise to do my part if I come across any deals in the future. :D

[quote name='meotraix']Have any of you guys checked Hagerstown?[/quote]

Too far for me.

If I've added it up correctly we have 17 CAGers spread across the state.

I looked at the PM module and it doesn't look like there is a way of making a distribution list. Does anyone think it would be a good idea to collect up the email of us MD CAGers? (Don't post it here.) For some of the YMMV deals it might be helpful to contact some close-by folks. Just a thought.

[quote name='meotraix']Have any of you guys checked Hagerstown?[/quote]

i went twice, cleaned OUT. i went on the 5th, got Chaos Legion, Street Fighter EX3, and Megaman X7. went back on the 11th, nothing.

this thread keeps getting lost to me somehow....but brimrand...i know that amanda girl...shes really friendly and does everything she can to help out...

the email thing seems to be a good idea too...i just dont know how good it would work....

how old are you guys? i'm 21

brim...i saw that you said you go to the CC in bel air daily...they have a few games left on the shelves as well, you just have to thumb through 'em....by the way, with you going there so often, they dont give you any dirty looks? i'm not a mean looking guy or anything, 99% of the time i draw really positive attention from ppl when they see me...but the more frequently i go there, the dirtier the looks i receive...'cept for amanda and some dude in the gaming dept

[quote name='trustcompany1013']this thread keeps getting lost to me somehow....but brimrand...i know that amanda girl...shes really friendly and does everything she can to help out...

the email thing seems to be a good idea too...i just dont know how good it would work....

how old are you guys? i'm 21

brim...i saw that you said you go to the CC in bel air daily...they have a few games left on the shelves as well, you just have to thumb through 'em....by the way, with you going there so often, they dont give you any dirty looks? i'm not a mean looking guy or anything, 99% of the time i draw really positive attention from ppl when they see me...but the more frequently i go there, the dirtier the looks i receive...'cept for amanda and some dude in the gaming dept[/quote]

We'll let you go on losing this thread if you'll keep us ahead of the curve with the sale ads. :D

I agree about Amanda - good girl. I suppose I should let her boss know that. Saying it here doesn't do her any good.

My suggestion on the email thing is that everyone that is interested, PM me your email. Once it looks like I have most of the people in, I'll send an email out to everyone with everyone elses email address. That way each person can make their own distribution list. I hate spam, so I promise not to make any emails public.

My thought on when we would us it would be for deals that are only local. Say there's a single copy of something at your Target. Someone on the list might want it. They could either go get it or have a local person get it and they could meet somewhere. I'm cheap so I like to avoid shipping charges when I can.

I might be the old timer here at 35. Shoot, I was probably playing my Atari VCS (2600) before you were born. OK, now I feel almost dead.

As far as my daily visits, I've never noticed any dirty looks. I'm in the store for about a minute, so I don't think anyone ever notices me. It doesn't take long to see that they still have one copy of Robotech.

Thanks for the heads-up on the titles on the shelf. I have looked and the ones I found I wasn't interested in getting. I did notice that they have MetropolisMania in the value bin. I think it's on the $5 list but it has bad reviews so I was going to pass.

Wow, nice to see so many Marylanders. I live in downtown Silver Spring near the Wheaton CC. I went on July 8 and July 11 and couldn't find anything I wanted, except for Buffy on Xbox. I could've checked out the Rockville CC but I thought it'd be even worse off than the Wheaton one.

I like the idea of a local only deals mailing list, so long as such a venture isn't unfriendly to Cheapy D. Yahoo groups does a nice job for email lists. I don't feel like I have the time or level of interest to maintain such a thing though, so it's just a suggestion for anyone interested. And maybe I'm the middle of the road on the age, since I'm 25.

MjC

Oh, I definitely do not want to step on Cheapy's toes. Where would we be wthout this site? I don't think it would be bad to go off-site for the "onesy" deals. In fact, it may focus it to an interested audience and save everyone else from having to filter through it.

I hadn't thought of doing a mailinglist. That's a doable way too. Any thoughts?

the tru on rt 40...the golden ring one has a couple of really good deals...if you can put up with the old blonde lady behind the counter that will ask you a million times if you have madden 05...and if you want to preorder every game that isnt out yet....shes a real pain in the ass and didn't believe me about the 50% off deal....she swore that all of the games that are 50% are already marked, but she felt retarded shortly afterwards....anyways, heres what i saw....and they still had about an hr ago

the quantity are estimates...more/less

disgaea - 10 copies - $25
cima - 5 copies - $15
onimusha tactics - 15 copies - $10
super monkey ball - 3 - $10

i dont remember much more then that....but whoever created this thread, please take the CC out of the title and change it to deals in MD or deals near bmore, md

hi fellow CAG'S. This is my first post here. I live in Randallstown, MD and i went to the TRU on Reisterstown Rd. Picked up Panzer Dragoon Orta, Beyond Good and Evil, Morrowind all for Xbox and Arc the Lad collection for PS1. that was last copy of Arc the Lad but they were at least 2 copies left of the other ones. That was at around 1:00 this afternoon. About to head over to the one on 40 and see whats left.

TRU in Wheaton had maybe 3 BGEs for XBox on Saturday, and in general a better selection that Rockville or Langley Park, where I got the last PoP. Couldn't find a Zelda GC anywhere, I called like the 11 closest TRUs. Anybody know where I can get a GC or Freedom Fighters for XBox?

Trust, thanks for posting your finds and at the same time keeping this thread alive.

If you missed Disgea at CC, $25 is a good deal.

bread's done
Back