Circuit City October clearance

neocisco

CAGiversary!
Feedback
313 (100%)
I know what you're saying. "That's it!? Those are all of the games!?" Yup. That's it. At least for this week. Hopefully there will be more next week. Until then keep your feet on the ground and keep reachin' for the stars.

:ps2:
American Idol: Karaoke (no microphone) $12.96
Barbie: 12 Dancing Princesses $12.96
Eragon $12.96
King Kong $12.96
NCAA March Madness 07 $8.96 (formerly$12.96)
NHL 07 $8.96 (formerly $12.96)
Yakuza $16.96

:xbox:
NCAA March Madness 06 $4.96

:ds:
Mech Assault: Phantom War $12.96
Turn It Around! $12.96

:psp:
Kingdom of Paradise $12.96

That's it!? Those are all of the games!

jk. thanks neo. hey did Mario Party 7 came down yet? as well as the GBA Micro Famicom edition?

Damn, I was just there today and saw some copies of Yakuza (still marked at $29.99 of course, since they're always slow at updating clearance prices). Would have bought one if I knew it was that cheap.

I was all excited when I saw this thread pop up... Then I read the OP.

Better luck next week I guess.

[quote name='neocisco']

:ps2:
Barbie: 12 Dancing Princesses $12.96
[/quote]

Sweet! You just made my week!! :applause:

Seriously though, I need to check mine for Yakuza.

[quote name='deathscythehe']I'm surprised no one mentioned American Idol Karaoke Revolution. Is 12.96 the price for the game alone or the bundle?[/quote]

I was just wondering the same thing. I'd get it at that price for my kids.

[quote name='deathscythehe']I'm surprised no one mentioned American Idol Karaoke Revolution. Is 12.96 the price for the game alone or the bundle?[/quote]On their website, it's the game alone for $12.96. The bundle is $29.99. I'm thinking it'd be the same in-store since some of the other October clearance games are listed at the 12.96/16.96 price online.

Nothing for me, but thanks again, OP.

Thanks , I've been looking for a deal on Barbie for my 3 yr old daughter , to play when she's old enough .
I didn't want to pay full price for a game that's going to sit around for probably over a year .

[quote name='slidecage']i would pick up a copy ps2 games but i heard that the 40gb PS3 that is coming for 400 bucks Will not play any Ps2 games[/QUOTE]
i HIGHLY doubt that, theyre software emulated now, unlike the first ones that were hardware emulated

[quote name='Kuma']i HIGHLY doubt that, theyre software emulated now, unlike the first ones that were hardware emulated[/quote]Kotaku

From PressCentre
The new model is no longer backwards compatible with PlayStation®2 titles, reflecting both the reduced emphasis placed on this feature amongst later purchasers of PS3, as well as the availability of a more extensive line-up of PS3 specific titles (a total of 65 titles across all genres by Christmas).

From X-Bit labs
Given that modern PlayStation 3 60GB (PAL) and 80GB (NTSC) do not feature build-in PlayStation 2 processors for backwards compatibility, but rely on software-based approach, it is unclear why would Sony reportedly axed this feature, if PS2 games are still supported on more expensive PS3 versions.
no no it's 'true' the new rumor.. rather strong rumor is that the PS3 for $400 will have not just no hardware emu but no software emo as well. Zero backwards compatability. This rumor is coming from sources that know the difference b/w hardward and software emu.

A lot of people mixed up lack of BC with lack of hardware BC. So it's not like slidecage was mixed up. The (as yet not 100% confirmed) rumor is saying Zero BC.

Wow dropping PS2 compatibility is a major mistake, especially seeing as Sony is still supporting and selling their last gen console. I guess they don't want to spend the time and money constantly updating the EMU software. I wonder if eventually the first gen units will become more valuable as they have either the software or hardware emulation built in?

This capability was one of the big factors in my choice to purchase a PS3 over the 360.

Agreed, I still have been debating whether to replace my PS2 or pick up a PS3. I was considering the 40GB for $399 but with no PS2 support, I'd rather pick up a PS2 for $129 or hopefully $99 soon.

[quote name='canedaddy']I was just wondering the same thing. I'd get it at that price for my kids.[/QUOTE]

Check Target. I saw the bundle being clearanced for $15.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Agreed, I still have been debating whether to replace my PS2 or pick up a PS3. I was considering the 40GB for $399 but with no PS2 support, I'd rather pick up a PS2 for $129 or hopefully $99 soon.[/quote]

Plus if you're able to play your PS2 games on your PS3 you can sell your PS2 to help absorb some of the cost (that's what I did with my PS2 slim).

Here's hoping for more clearance games next week. Other than Yakuza, there isn't anything that I am interested in. Hopefully, Ace Combat Zero and Ace Combat X will go clearance so I can complete my AC collection before AC 6 is released.

[quote name='Chitown021']Plus if you're able to play your PS2 games on your PS3 you can sell your PS2 to help absorb some of the cost (that's what I did with my PS2 slim).[/QUOTE]

LOL that is what i was going to do. i got a 2 year warrenty on my ps 2 that is sort of messed up. was going to return it to best buy for 130 and just take that and buy a ps3. BUT no since in doing it since it wont run any ps2 games and i dont feel like having 200 games and no system

well thats terrible, really PS2 games, I didn't know stores still sold those, but I guess you have to play something on your PS3. Haha

[quote name='Poolking99']well thats terrible, really PS2 games, I didn't know stores still sold those, but I guess you have to play something on your PS3. Haha[/quote]

And we have our first fanboy/troll... Was wondering how long it would take. Sorry to get the thread off track. I'm also hoping that we see more titles hit the clearance bin this month.

[quote name='Chitown021']And we have our first fanboy/troll... Was wondering how long it would take. Sorry to get the thread off track. I'm also hoping that we see more titles hit the clearance bin this month.[/quote]

a present for you: 7 bananas, 7 monkeynuts, 1 grown monkeynut tree and 1 grown banana tree

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP--I got Yakuza today for $18.21 after tax, and I love it! For those of you who haven't tried this game yet, it's time to pull the trigger, 'cause this game is incredible. I can't believe it's published by SEGA!

[quote name='monkeydeew']a present for you: 7 bananas, 7 monkeynuts, 1 grown monkeynut tree and 1 grown banana tree[/quote]

Don't look now but the King of the thread trolls has made an appearance. :lol:

I went to CC and had a employee price check some games for me.

Final Fantasy IV Advance $12.96
Karaoke Revolution Country no mic $16.96
Karaoke Revolution American Idol no mic $12.96
Spartan Total Warrior PS2 $16.96

All four games were marked full price but scanned at the clearance price.

Karaoke Revolution Party PS2 version $9.99 price marked correctly.

[quote name='CGH']I went to CC and had a employee price check some games for me.

Final Fantasy IV Advance $12.96[...] marked full price but scanned at the clearance price.

Karaoke Revolution Party PS2 version $9.99 price marked correctly.[/quote]Where in the USA are you? I'd LOVE another copy of :gba:FFIV. You should definitely get it. It was hard to find even before :ds:FFIV was announced

wow lost PS2 support is really bullshit, i wonder if that will be the case when it hits here. I also wonder if the higher end model will be that way. And heres the kicker, will it have PS1 support?

[quote name='Kuma']wow lost PS2 support is really bullshit, i wonder if that will be the case when it hits here. I also wonder if the higher end model will be that way. And heres the kicker, will it have PS1 support?[/quote]I think in one of the articles I linked or another one I found said that it would have PS1 support.

[quote name='Wolfkin']I think in one of the articles I linked or another one I found said that it would have PS1 support.[/quote]

PS1 support for games downloaded from PSN or actual support for playing the games on physical discs?

That would be stupid if they gave the new 40GB machines the ability to play PS1 games but not PS2. It's just retarded from a sales standpoint. If people can play the PS2 games on the PS3 then they're more likely to buy the newer titles that come out. That equals more sales.

Back on topic, I found Yakuza for $12.92 at the East Madison Circuit City. I have no idea why it was priced that on the case, but I wasn't going to fight it. It rang up at $16.96, and they adjusted the price right at the register. Nice and easy.

last time i was at cc i was in a bit of a hurry to get in and out but as i passed the "sale" game bin i caught a glimpse of god of war in there. didn't see a sticker, could be a mistake (though last time they made a mistake like that i got the game discounted anyway)...anyone else seen it or know more?

My CC tosses Greatest Hits titles in with the clearance ones all the time, but they are never on clearance. They're probably just too lazy to put them back the right section.

I picked up the last copy of Yakuza at the CC I went to. It was still on the shelf with the normal games and the price sticker for $2x.xx. It was behind another game and didn't have its own plastic marker on the shelf. I got it for $16.96 as noted in the OP but was hoping to score it at 2 different BBs I went to for their lower price but was out of luck.

[quote name='Wolfkin']Where in the USA are you? I'd LOVE another copy of :gba:FFIV. You should definitely get it. It was hard to find even before :ds:FFIV was announced[/quote]I'd try your local Sears, if you haven't already. Mine had a lot of copies of FFIV for $4.97.

Thanks, OP. Picked up Yakuza today for $16.96, stickered at $29.99 still.

[quote name='rarebucky']Anyone need a Yakuza guide? $2+shipping. It goes in the garbage at the end of the week if not. Someone please take it![/quote]

If anybody wants a guide for Yakuza, PM rarebucky.

bread's done
Back