Class of Heroes 2 PSP Physical Signup *2,500 Reached!"

[quote name='Xombie007']^ Actually, this does concern me a little bit. If GaijinWorks is going to handle the sales themselves, why won't they accept payments from PayPal, or credit/debit cards directly for that matter (like any other merchant would)? Does Amazon Payments offer sellers some added benefit or something?[/QUOTE]
Do you have your credit card info saved already onto your amazon account? You know like when you buy stuff? Because if so when the pre-orders show up just use the email and password you use for your Amazon account and it will automatically take the $35 as if you actually bought something from Amazon not that difficult.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Do you have your credit card info saved already onto your amazon account? You know like when you buy stuff? Because if so when the pre-orders show up just use the email and password you use for your Amazon account and it will automatically take the $35 as if you actually bought something from Amazon not that difficult.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't questioning the "difficulty" or complexity of signing up for/using Amazon payments, but rather WHY GaijinWorks is insisting on this form of payment rather than the more traditionally recognized methods (credit/debit cards, PayPal, etc.).

[quote name='Xombie007']I wasn't questioning the "difficulty" or complexity of signing up for/using Amazon payments, but rather WHY GaijinWorks is insisting on this form of payment rather than the more traditionally recognized methods (credit/debit cards, PayPal, etc.).[/QUOTE]Nut sure but I honestly prefer it I do not care for paypal very much only used it once and that was enough for me and being able to just sign in to my amazon account helps considering i'm just too lazy to put in every piece of credit card info on sites over and over again so this is pretty handy for me.

Is the physical for only those who sign up or will it be readily available? I wouldn't mind getting it, just don't exactly have the funds right now

[quote name='monkeymanofmars']Is the physical for only those who sign up or will it be readily available? I wouldn't mind getting it, just don't exactly have the funds right now[/QUOTE]

It will be readily available for anyone to pre-order on Monday, according to Victor of Gaijinworks. The campaign was to find out if at least 2,500 people are interested in the physical UMD box copy + digital download. However, it'll be best to sign up at their website because he'll be sending the preorder links to everyone who signed up, though I'm sure people will be linking it all around.

The preorder phase will last 7 - 10 days and then, it'll come to a close. No more reprints. Thus, why it'll be a collector's item in the near future, especially the Kickstarter copies with the special UMD artowrk.

[quote name='worrybomb']It will be readily available for anyone to pre-order on Monday, according to Victor of Gaijinworks. The campaign was to find out if at least 2,500 people are interested in the physical UMD box copy + digital download. However, it'll be best to sign up at their website because he'll be sending the preorder links to everyone who signed up, though I'm sure people will be linking it all around.

The preorder phase will last 7 - 10 days and then, it'll come to a close. No more reprints. Thus, why it'll be a collector's item in the near future, especially the Kickstarter copies with the special UMD artowrk.[/QUOTE]

Too bad that's all the game has going for itself is being a rare collectible. In general the game will probably suck.

[quote name='dallow']Less fees via Amazon.[/QUOTE]

^ Yeah, I figured it might be that.

But as a BUYER, what concerns me is that credit card companies and PayPal offer buyer protection incase I'm not satisfied with my purchase. Does Amazon Payments afford the same protection incase I don't like what I receive, and want to return my order? Amazon already has a nasty habit of banning buyers if they don't just quietly accept whatever the seller sends them.

[quote name='needler420']Too bad that's all the game has going for itself is being a rare collectible. In general the game will probably suck.[/QUOTE]

I won't pass judgment on the game until I played it. From the videos I saw of Atlus' localization of CoH to what I read on all the details Gaijinworks did to make CoH2 more accessible, there's a good chance I might end up liking it. Then again, I like dungeon crawlers (though it is not my favorite RPG genre). Now if you're not a fan of those type of games, I doubt CoH2 will be the gamechanger you're looking for.

[quote name='Vinny']Out of curiosity, if someone was part of the Kickstarter, and they ordered two, would both of theirs be the special cover? If that's the case, would anyone be willing to hook me up (cost + shipping + a bit extra obviously)?

I wasn't part of the Kickstarter but I'd love to have a copy of the special Kickstarter cover as well. Hell, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested.[/QUOTE]
I'm also looking for a KS version and would be happy to pay extra :)

I'm a huge psp and retail-games supporter, but I didn't put down any money on the kickstarter either because I felt like there was just too much wrong with it at the time. Now it looks like it'll be ebay or nothing to get that version :T

[quote name='Jedi_Amara']I'm also looking for a KS version and would be happy to pay extra :)[/QUOTE]

Same here. Hopefully we have a few past KS backers here.

Does anyone know how the amazon payments link will work for this?
They say they will send a link and I would guess it links you to the game and you can add it to the cart.
Other question then is how do you pay for the game? Can you use Credit Cart or paypal or do you have to give bank account? If you have to give bank account info, how long does it take for amazon payments to verify?

I know that Amazon won't charge your bank account until the item is shipped.

Also, any chance they might give you a code for the first game? XD

[quote name='TimesTicking']I know that Amazon won't charge your bank account until the item is shipped.[/QUOTE]

That's Amazon's ordering policy which is not the same as Amazon Payments.

Amazon payments are paid immediately, just like PayPal.

[quote name='TimesTicking']
Also, any chance they might give you a code for the first game? XD[/QUOTE]

Wishful thinking at this point. =) Go get it at gamestop used for $10.

[quote name='TimesTicking']I know that Amazon won't charge your bank account until the item is shipped.

Also, any chance they might give you a code for the first game? XD[/QUOTE]

I played the first one. I did not think it was very good. Coupled with the fact that it was incredibly difficult, I gave up about 7-8 hours in.

[quote name='Xombie007']^ Yeah, I figured it might be that.

But as a BUYER, what concerns me is that credit card companies and PayPal offer buyer protection incase I'm not satisfied with my purchase. Does Amazon Payments afford the same protection incase I don't like what I receive, and want to return my order? Amazon already has a nasty habit of banning buyers if they don't just quietly accept whatever the seller sends them.[/QUOTE]
Paypal protection can be a joke at times why i avoid them now. The company is good at stealing to. Who ya gonna call when they delay refund 30+ days then my bank wont reverse after so long. Sooner later people learn to hate payscam.

[quote name='Tigershard']I believe we will be able to order more than the said we would? If so, I'd be willing to buy extra Kickstarter versions for a few CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Sign me up for one if so. I would greatly appreciate it. =]

But yeah, I believe Vic is not putting a limit on how many copies can be purchased by the KS backers.

[quote name='Tigershard']I believe we will be able to order more than the said we would? If so, I'd be willing to buy extra Kickstarter versions for a few CAGs.[/QUOTE]

Why would you offer to do that? The idea is to give a nice little reward to people who supported the KS. Those copies will be slightly more limited than the regular. If you make those available to everyone, it really ruins the whole gesture.

The ability to buy them directly is the gesture. Letting other people get them is his option as a backer. so would be buying up tons of them and scalping on ebay. Either way copies of this game are going to be very rare.

[quote name='Fabrizo']The ability to buy them directly is the gesture. Letting other people get them is his option as a backer. so would be buying up tons of them and scalping on ebay. Either way copies of this game are going to be very rare.[/QUOTE]

We haven't decided if there will be a limit for KS backers, but we're leaning toward letting the market decide. I think that since KS fans backed us (if unsuccessfully in the end), they should be able to do as they please with their money ordering the KS variant(s).

From a post of his on neogaf.

[quote name='bojay1997']Why would you offer to do that? The idea is to give a nice little reward to people who supported the KS. Those copies will be slightly more limited than the regular. If you make those available to everyone, it really ruins the whole gesture.[/QUOTE]

I'm not making them available to everyone, I'm just doing my part to help our community by buying a few extra copies. I know for sure a bunch of people will buy extra KS copies to put on eBay and make a profit from. I'm helping community members who really want the alternate art not get ripped off.

I'd be interested in buying one from you if you end up doing this.

I'm stopping my offer here since I already received a bunch of replies. I will follow up with everyone through PM.

Simmias, if you are reading this, your PM box is full so I can't respond to your message.

I got a reply regarding Vita compatibility and they said:

@gaijin4life @SynGamer Until we pass Q/A that's not for sure, but our goal is vita compatibility, so we're doing what we have to so it is.

I'll take one, too, and thank you!

Just read your update. Nevermind. Lol

[quote name='SynGamer']I got a reply regarding Vita compatibility and they said:

@gaijin4life @SynGamer Until we pass Q/A that's not for sure, but our goal is vita compatibility, so we're doing what we have to so it is.[/QUOTE]

The PSV just runs PSP games in an emulator. It shouldn't be that much work to run the game and check for any compatibility issues.

[quote name='Zaku77']I'll take one, too, and thank you!

Just read your update. Nevermind. Lol[/QUOTE]

I can help you out.

Edit: OK, I think that's all I'm willing to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='needler420']Screw this I'm not giving up my social security number to open some new type of clone paypal just for this game.[/QUOTE]

You are awfully worked up for a pothead. But I agree, I really want this game but have no plans to open a Amazon payments bank account for it. But I've heard some people say you only need to activate the bank account part of it to receive money, if you just want to make a payment to a merchant that uses Amazon payments you can use a credit card like a normal Amazon purchase. If that's not the case, I'm hoping I can work something out with them to use paypal instead which I already have set up.

[quote name='jthieme']You are awfully worked up for a pothead. But I agree, I really want this game but have no plans to open a Amazon payments bank account for it. But I've heard some people say you only need to activate the bank account part of it to receive money, if you just want to make a payment to a merchant that uses Amazon payments you can use a credit card like a normal Amazon purchase. If that's not the case, I'm hoping I can work something out with them to use paypal instead which I already have set up.[/QUOTE]

IMO it's too much of a hassle for too little of a flip. IMO the game will be a utter piece of garbage. An abomination to the JRPG genre.

The only reason I wanted it for was for it's rarity and resale value.

If you can't tell from all the posts no one cares about this game for being a quality game. It's pure collectible,rare mentality.

The only thing that bothers me is missing the chance for some profit but imo it's not worth it. I can take my pothead self and sell my pot and make more money then being hassled with this flip. I have no desire to play the game.

What's puts me off is the fact you need a social security number to activate your account. The only thing I ever want my SS# tied to is a house or car purchase. Or at the very least I would open a paypal account. With this paypal clone though I'm not going to set it up to order one game and then probably never use it again.

[quote name='sabanoo']I can help you out.[/QUOTE]

Are you still taking offers on KS copies? I'm going to send you a PM as well but if you are let me know.

Thanks

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Paypal protection can be a joke at times why i avoid them now. The company is good at stealing to. Who ya gonna call when they delay refund 30+ days then my bank wont reverse after so long. Sooner later people learn to hate payscam.[/QUOTE]

When was the last time you used PayPal? Nowadays, they're HEAVILY in favor of buyers, and if you're not satisfied with your purchase, you're definitely going to get your money back. And that's not all... you can also go through your credit card co. or bank, and do a chargeback through PayPal incase you didn't meet the deadline in submitting your case with PayPal directly.

So PayPal definitely has the buyers' backs, which is why I would want them to be a payment option in any transaction where I'm the buyer. I'm more than a bit concerned now that Amazon Payments may not have these same protection policies for buyers as PayPal would.

[quote name='needler420']IMO it's too much of a hassle for too little of a flip. IMO the game will be a utter piece of garbage. An abomination to the JRPG genre.

The only reason I wanted it for was for it's rarity and resale value.

If you can't tell from all the posts no one cares about this game for being a quality game. It's pure collectible,rare mentality.

The only thing that bothers me is missing the chance for some profit but imo it's not worth it. I can take my pothead self and sell my pot and make more money then being hassled with this flip. I have no desire to play the game.

What's puts me off is the fact you need a social security number to activate your account. The only thing I ever want my SS# tied to is a house or car purchase. Or at the very least I would open a paypal account. With this paypal clone though I'm not going to set it up to order one game and then probably never use it again.[/QUOTE]

Any time you open a bank account you need to provide a ssn, and Amazon payments is a bank account which is why I don't want to sign up as I have enough bank accounts and I don't need another.

But as far as the game goes, I do want it for the game and not to resell. I've been big fan of the Wizardry series and the 1st CoH and this one are essentially ports of PS2 wizardry games. I guess I'm in the minority though.

[quote name='needler420']What's puts me off is the fact you need a social security number to activate your account. The only thing I ever want my SS# tied to is a house or car purchase. Or at the very least I would open a paypal account. With this paypal clone though I'm not going to set it up to order one game and then probably never use it again.[/QUOTE]

You do realize that you don't need an Amazon Payments account to pay someone right?
You only need a payments account to receive money. If you're paying for something a regular Amazon account is all you need.

[quote name='Saroyan']You do realize that you don't need an Amazon Payments account to pay someone right?
You only need a payments account to receive money. If you're paying for something a regular Amazon account is all you need.[/QUOTE]

Ok then why has multiple people said you need to activate your amazon payments account in order to purchase this game?

I already have a regular amazon account with tons of credit on it.

If that is the case why is everyone complaining about needing a amazon payments account?

I think you have no clue what you're talking about. Or tons of people are wrong for thinking they need to activate their amazon paymaents account to be able to purchase this.

[quote name='needler420']Ok then why has multiple people said you need to activate your amazon payments account in order to purchase this game?

I already have a regular amazon account with tons of credit on it.

If that is the case why is everyone complaining about needing a amazon payments account?

I think you have no clue what you're talking about. Or tons of people are wrong for thinking they need to activate their amazon paymaents account to be able to purchase this.[/QUOTE]

There are two types of accounts:

1) An Amazon User Account. This is the account that you trade-in your games, buy your dvd's, etc, from. You pay for items using a credit card. No big deal here.

2) An Amazon Payments account. This is similar to paypal where you can register your credit card or bank information to pay for goods from vendors outside of amazon. The money you receive into this account can be spent on items that are sold by Amazon ONLY. You also have the option to fund/withdraw money from this account and into your bank account should you choose. Should you register only a credit card to your account, anytime you use "amazon payments" you're authorizing a charge to your credit card. The point of confusion is with the bank account information. I think in order to withdraw money from this account, you need to provide a social security number.

Who doesn't have an Amazon.com account by now? I never had to sign up for "Amazon Payments" it was just there. It never used/asked for a bank/SSN. It just uses your saved CC info. Speaking as a buyer only, I'd imagine the bank thing is only if you are setting it up to RECEIVE money. I've bought tons of Indie Bundles with Amazon payments, Amazon.com CC# was charged and I never "signed up" for anything extra.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Who doesn't have an Amazon.com account by now? I never had to sign up for "Amazon Payments" it was just there. It never used/asked for a bank/SSN. It just uses your saved CC info. Speaking as a buyer only, I'd imagine the bank thing is only if you are setting it up to RECEIVE money. I've bought tons of Indie Bundles with Amazon payments, Amazon.com CC# was charged and I never "signed up" for anything extra.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much the same for me. I buy those groupee bundles and some other bundles and etc here and there and I never had to sign up for anything extra. Always had my CC saved onto my Amazon account since I frequently purchase there on a regular basis but have not set it up to receive money so that is probably where the bank info comes in. So if you all are worried don't be just sign in to the email and pass you use with your Amazon account and you should be just fine.

Small publisher success, yay! Super exclusive collector variant, boo.

I'm up for one of the KS variants if anyone's offering, it's really a shame they couldn't just release one version and call it at that because I can't buy a regular version if there's a SPECIAL one floating around so I'll probably buy neither ultimately.

[quote name='redroversk']Small publisher success, yay! Super exclusive collector variant, boo.

I'm up for one of the KS variants if anyone's offering, it's really a shame they couldn't just release one version and call it at that because I can't buy a regular version if there's a SPECIAL one floating around so I'll probably buy neither ultimately.[/QUOTE]

The developers marketing strategy worked then.

[quote name='redroversk']Small publisher success, yay! Super exclusive collector variant, boo.

I'm up for one of the KS variants if anyone's offering, it's really a shame they couldn't just release one version and call it at that because I can't buy a regular version if there's a SPECIAL one floating around so I'll probably buy neither ultimately.[/QUOTE]

Wow...

bread's done
Back