Class of Heroes 2 PSP Physical Signup *2,500 Reached!"

[quote name='SynGamer']I was under the impression that Vic and the gang were going to have a LIMITED production run for the physical edition, right? So let's just say that 2,700 people signed up with the intentions of buying a copy. Even if they print 2,700 copies, resellers can completely screw others over. Heck, they could print 3,000 copies and resellers could still possibly take a copy away from someone who wants one.

That's all I'm pointing out/asking.[/QUOTE]

....and that's where you are lost.

Vic is going to take orders before even printing it out, so he's not going to request it till he has the cash ON HAND to ORDER production....

so even if 1000 bought it, that's all he's going to get made.

[quote name='xycury']....and that's where you are lost.

Vic is going to take orders before even printing it out, so he's not going to request it till he has the cash ON HAND to ORDER production....

so even if 1000 bought it, that's all he's going to get made.[/QUOTE]

OK, that makes more sense now. I thought the subscription idea was to see how many he should put an order in for.

[quote name='SynGamer']OK, that makes more sense now. I thought the subscription idea was to see how many he should put an order in for.[/QUOTE]

I think that was just to feel for demand... if we were to get up to 2500, it would be then worth it.

Vic Ireland of Gaijinworks has a projected date for CoH 2 on the Playstation Network. It'll be released on 3/26 since approvals weren't done in time for a 3/19 release date.

He also states the preorders for the physical+digital bundle for CoH2 will start either late this week or next week. There will be no limit for the regular CoH2 bundles but he isn't sure if the same will apply towards the special bundles for the Kickstarter supporters.

However for the time being, there's no limit for either bundle.

I super super love the second boxart they selected, the one on the left just is a bit too busy for me. I bet the one I like will be the KS-exclusive one though :(

We are still on hold for both the physical and digital release of the game. Don't worry, there is nothing technically wrong, the game is still cleared through Sony Q/A and verified to be Vita compatible using its PSP emulation, but an unexpected rights issue needs to be cleared on the opening song before we can proceed with release. Our only alternative to clearing this issue would be to take the opening song and animation out of the game completely. We didn't want that, and we know most if not all fans wouldn't be happy with that, either.

The small bit of good in this delay is that the physical release will now be much closer to the digital release. The physical+digital presale links are also on hold. The manufacturing details are worked out, but we've decided not to open the presales while we're uncertain about when this rights issue will be resolved. We're working hard to get it in the rearview mirror, but it hasn't happened yet.

Also, some fans have asked about the UMD labels for the two different physical versions. Each art type will have a special UMD label with distinct art, but we're keeping the UMD labels a secret until you have the game in your hands.

We'll post another video or two this week. If there's some specific activity or area of the game you'd like to see in motion, tweet @gaijin4life with the request and we'll do the one(s) that get the most requests.

Anyone else beginning to wonder if this is actually happening?

[quote name='Drclaw411']Anyone else beginning to wonder if this is actually happening?[/QUOTE]
I've been wary since the first time they delayed the voting.. but it seems as if delays have always been with this publisher.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Anyone else beginning to wonder if this is actually happening?[/QUOTE]

Sigh....you're seriously lazy enough you can't go to the website and see what's going on...? =/

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

but an unexpected rights issue needs to be cleared on the opening song before we can proceed with release. Our only alternative to clearing this issue would be to take the opening song and animation out of the game completely. We didn't want that, and we know most if not all fans wouldn't be happy with that, either.

It boils down to they dubbed the opening song, had some copyrights issues and they now have to clear it with the companies in JPN before they get the greenlight.

Can't really blame Vic on this one, who woulda thunk there'd be an issue with dubbing a song? o_O;

Whoa...so this is kind of like a new Working Designs release? As I recall, the first game got terrible reviews, but just based on it being Working Designs and for the PSP I'm super tempted to buy this (as a physical release).

[quote name='uncle5555']Sigh....you're seriously lazy enough you can't go to the website and see what's going on...? =/

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

It boils down to they dubbed the opening song, had some copyrights issues and they now have to clear it with the companies in JPN before they get the greenlight.

Can't really blame Vic on this one, who woulda thunk there'd be an issue with dubbing a song? o_O;[/QUOTE]

most people who run a company would.. why would anyone think you would NOT NEED the rights to dub a copyright song.

[quote name='slidecage']most people who run a company would.. why would anyone think you would NOT NEED the rights to dub a copyright song.[/QUOTE]

Vic's answer was they did it before (Lunar), and it's mostly a rights issue with the Seiyu singing the song, hence he didn't think they'd object to the use of the song with their english dub. He guessed wrong.

Update from Vic

[quote name='Vic Ireland']
Class of Heroes 2 Update 4/19/2013

First of all, thanks to all of you for hanging in there! We've had a completed game for months, so it seems weird to still be talking about a game you can't play yet. But, we're almost there.

Okay, let's get the Bad News out of the way:

So, after weeks of working to resolve a licensing issue that came up with the opening song to the opening animation literally days before it went live on PSN, we're still not close to having it resolved.

Our Solution (Good News):
Rather than hold the game up even longer while we're trying to work this out, we are resubmitting the game (both digital and physical format) to Sony QA WITHOUT the opening animation and song. Once the rights issue is resolved, we'll put the opening back in, run it through QA again, and put it on PSN for everyone to download. This way, fans will finally be able to play the game, we can gauge interest and enthusiasm for our work, and it won't push Class of Heroes 3 into 2014 by waiting forever to release a finished Class of Heroes 2.

Note that the final opening animation may or may not include the original song. If we can't resolve the rights issue, we're discussing getting a replacement song from Acquire. One way or another, though, the opening will be put back.

Even Better News:

The physical+digital presales will open on the GAIJINWORKS site next week. They will only be open for 7-10 days, and once those sales are closed, there will be no way to get a physical version of the game. There will be no re-runs, ever, so digital on PSN will be the only way to get it after that point.

The Best News So Far:
We've been working with Sony on this somewhat unusual bit of fanservice, and it looks like we will be able to have the fan-preferred method of emailing the download codes for physical+digital edition buyers. This means that even if the physical product lags the PSN debut, fans that buy the physical+digital edition will be able to download the game immediately, in advance of the actual boxed product with the download code delivered via email.

Okay, one more Bad Bit:
We had to raise the price $2 to $36.99 on the digital+physical version to account for slightly higher shipping, manufacture, and fulfillment costs than we originally estimated, due to the very low run of units. The PSN digital-only version is still $24.99.

Thanks again for hanging in there! We're looking forward to letting you play in the world we've been living in!​
[/quote]

My quick thoughts as some people have been in a uproar over loosing the lame intro as a possibility, but first, the intro...(link grabbed from Neogaf, where there are people throwing fits about this....)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79IZTaF84LQ

Seriously, how many here are going to watch it once, then jam the start button over and over cursing it is taking too long for the game to load up since they have to wait for that dang intro to load up...again.

To me it's not that big of a loss or something that will affect the quality of the game, it's been delayed a month already bring it out, I say, no more time to waste dilly-dallying around with something so trivial.

I couldn't care less about the intro. I watch it once and then start enjoying the game. If anything, I would suggest Gaijin release it as an HD video for members to download/watch on Youtube or something. No need to waste time resubmitting to Sony and such.

Also, $37 for physical + digital = not bad at all. I can play the digital version on my PS Vita while waiting for the PSP boxed version to arrive.

So is this game actually any GOOD? I'd love to buy it 'cause of the Working Designs connection and my love for PSP games, but I remember the previous one got iffy reviews...

And yeah, price doesn't seem bad, I mean that's right in line with what games cost now.

[quote name='Wolfpup']So is this game actually any GOOD? I'd love to buy it 'cause of the Working Designs connection and my love for PSP games, but I remember the previous one got iffy reviews...

And yeah, price doesn't seem bad, I mean that's right in line with what games cost now.[/QUOTE]

Vic says its a lot more streamlined and tighter than COH 1.

But why listen to me check this gameplay trailer out and see if it interested you instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBz5KHm4rBU

^ That's footage of the PS3 version. In some countries you can probably get thrown in jail for false advertising like that, but whatever, they've been doing it since the Kickstarter, and no one seems to care.

It's not -- that's the whole problem. They've been releasing PS3 footage to show off a PSP game, and yet, there won't even be a PS3 release in the West so they had no business capturing that footage in the first place. They've actually managed to fool a bunch of sites into uploading PS3 screenshots to the PSP version page. You shouldn't be allowed to get away with that.

[quote name='Axersia']It's not -- that's the whole problem. They've been releasing PS3 footage to show off a PSP game, and yet, there won't even be a PS3 release in the West so they had no business capturing that footage in the first place. They've actually managed to fool a bunch of sites into uploading PS3 screenshots to the PSP version page. You shouldn't be allowed to get away with that.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you mentioned this, though it won't change my desire to buy the game. I asked about this on the YT channel and actually got a response:

Q: Is this PSP footage? Because the video for the KS page shows graphics that just don't seem possible for the PSP. Now, if this was a PS Vita-only project, that video on the KS page would seem entirely possible. I'm hearing rumors that this was originally supposed to be a PS3 project and that the video shows PS3 footage?

A: This is PSP footage from the actual game. The KS page was PS3 footage because we didn't have the dev systems and that's all we could capture at the time.

Well, the trailer up there ^ is definitely from the PS3 version. An easy way to tell the difference is by the character portraits. On the PSP they are hugging the borders of the screen, whereas on the PS3 the entire battle interface is floating in the center.

Also, not having a PSP dev unit is a pretty weak excuse. First off, you don't need one to capture PSP footage, and secondly, they could've just repurposed some media from the Japanese site.

Admittedly I hadn't checked the Gaijinworks YouTube channel until now, and it looks they finally added some actual PSP footage in February, but that's a long time to have all your promotional material come from a superior version. Even to this day, the MonkeyPaw site just shows PS3 footage. It remains pretty shady as they haven't been upfront about it.

^ I got the e-mail containing the preorder link too.

This is for the generic "anyone who wants one can purchase one" edition right?

And was it always supposed to be $36.99? For some reason I thought I remember reading it was going to be less then $30.

Ordered 1 copy. It was supposed to be $34.99 I think but they had to raise it $2. Anyway, looking forward to the digital copy sooner rather than later if all goes well :)

[quote name='SynGamer']Ordered 1 copy. It was supposed to be $34.99 I think but they had to raise it $2. Anyway, looking forward to the digital copy sooner rather than later if all goes well :)[/QUOTE]

Could the digital copy be played on the Vita?

I have a functional PSP-3000 (two actually) but I'm not that good with digital content and I didn't know if digital PSP games downloaded from the PS Store can be played on the vita.

It is great to see that this finally went live! I missed out on the original Kickstarter (didn't actually have a PSP at the time so that was completely off the radar) so I am glad I could pitch in for this one. I wonder just how different and also how rare the Kickstarter version will be since many of those ordering will probably be those who supported the original KS.

It seems like the original backers can buy either version via the email they get which is a nice feature. I ended up ordering two so if anyone out there who supported the KS would be interested in trading for a normal version I would certainly appreciate it. In the end though I am just happy to be getting this game in the first place so kudos to everyone who supported this!

[quote name='GBAstar']Could the digital copy be played on the Vita?

I have a functional PSP-3000 (two actually) but I'm not that good with digital content and I didn't know if digital PSP games downloaded from the PS Store can be played on the vita.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe this has been confirmed to be Vita compatible.

[quote name='slidecage']anyone know if you can DOWNLOAD IT RIGHT INTO THE VITA or you need a ps3 to download and then transfer it[/QUOTE]

Not sure yet. Depends on how it is when Sony puts it on the PSN store...

[quote name='SynGamer']Not sure yet. Depends on how it is when Sony puts it on the PSN store...[/QUOTE]

kind of stupid then cause someone can buy this saying they was getting a digital code they said i could use on my vita.. They never said i needed a PS3 to play it and hit them with a chargeback

then again they are not sending the stuff out for up to 8 weeks and by that time you probally cant do a charge back....

[quote name='slidecage']kind of stupid then cause someone can buy this saying they was getting a digital code they said i could use on my vita.. They never said i needed a PS3 to play it and hit them with a chargeback

then again they are not sending the stuff out for up to 8 weeks and by that time you probally cant do a charge back....[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's going to be that dire, but I'm already having second thoughts. I'm not really sold on the first person dungeon crawler aspect, but I've been craving a new RPG lately. Perhaps I'll just throw this up on eBay when I get it unless a CAG wants it.

[quote name='GBAstar']^ I got the e-mail containing the preorder link too.

This is for the generic "anyone who wants one can purchase one" edition right?

And was it always supposed to be $36.99? For some reason I thought I remember reading it was going to be less then $30.[/QUOTE]

You could be thinking of the Digital-only PSN version that will be $24.99 on PSN the day of release. It was always $34.99 for Physical+Digital version, but now with the $2 added on for shipping.

[quote name='SynGamer']I don't think it's going to be that dire, but I'm already having second thoughts. I'm not really sold on the first person dungeon crawler aspect, but I've been craving a new RPG lately. Perhaps I'll just throw this up on eBay when I get it unless a CAG wants it.[/QUOTE]

well that vic person said you can download it right into the vita

It has been approved as Vita-compatible and will be tagged on the Vita store on day one, so you can download straight to the Vita. It's the one thing we heard fans wanted over and over, so we made sure it was taken care of.

so i did a order... if something does come up and they go o you need a ps3 all hell is going to hit the fan

[quote name='slidecage']well that vic person said you can download it right into the vita

It has been approved as Vita-compatible and will be tagged on the Vita store on day one, so you can download straight to the Vita. It's the one thing we heard fans wanted over and over, so we made sure it was taken care of.

so i did a order... if something does come up and they go o you need a ps3 all hell is going to hit the fan[/QUOTE]

I thought I remembered seeing Vic say something about being able to download straight to Vita. I don't think it will be an issue to be honest. It should be up on PSN as a PSP/PS Vita game like you said. Hopefully sooner rather than later. The 4-8 weeks claim sounded more like it was for the physical version.

[quote name='Axersia']Well, the trailer up there ^ is definitely from the PS3 version. An easy way to tell the difference is by the character portraits. On the PSP they are hugging the borders of the screen, whereas on the PS3 the entire battle interface is floating in the center.

Also, not having a PSP dev unit is a pretty weak excuse. First off, you don't need one to capture PSP footage, and secondly, they could've just repurposed some media from the Japanese site.

Admittedly I hadn't checked the Gaijinworks YouTube channel until now, and it looks they finally added some actual PSP footage in February, but that's a long time to have all your promotional material come from a superior version. Even to this day, the MonkeyPaw site just shows PS3 footage. It remains pretty shady as they haven't been upfront about it.[/QUOTE]

I just quick grabbed what I found on Youtube, does it really matter in the end?

Did Vic come to your house kick your dog and slap your Grandma? Seems like there is some vendetta going on there, between you and him...

[quote name='renique46']First world problems[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

[quote name='wasabi5858']so kickstarter was prior to the sign up for the physical version or are these two consider the same thing?[/QUOTE]

And since your question was so politely ignored by everyone....:roll:

The kickstarter was done and over with (and failed) earlier this year, because no one would put out $70 for this game in a similar package.

This is the revamping of that KS idea, but Vic got pledges of interest from fans, and just this week finally opened sales to buy the digital and physical copies (there was an issue with copyright over a silly 90 second song)

If you pledged for the KS, you can get a LE manual and UMD, if not you will get the regular manual and UMD. (only difference is cover on the manual and the sticker on the UMD) And presales go on until May 8th.

Hope that answered your question. ;)

[quote name='uncle5555']The kickstarter was done and over with (and failed) earlier this year, because no one would put out $70 for this game in a similar package.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think they failed because they said the game will be released as digital only unless they can raise $500k(!) for physical versions. People thought the amount was crazy for what little bit they're bringing to the table. I for one didn't bother because I figured it'd be a waste of time, as it would never succeed. They ended with like 10% of what they asked for.

Btw, the kickstarter was over a year ago, and the game is still unreleased. Guess you can't expect more from Victor Ireland.

Edit: They hit $96k.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']It's Victor Ireland. It'll happen, but it'll probably take like 2 extra years because the packaging wasn't up to his standards.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget the added bonus toilet humor from the translation...

But I kid, I really did love Working Designs and hope this does well.

something bugs me about this

what they said
Slowed down from the initial burst, but still decent at a bit over 1700 sold. I know some people are waiting until payday on Friday, so I expect another smaller surge then. If we can do around 100/day on average until the 8th, we'll hit the 2500 minimum

What happens if they dont hit the 2500 min.... they got our cash already

seems they answered it..

they have to eat the loss

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']something bugs me about this

what they said
Slowed down from the initial burst, but still decent at a bit over 1700 sold. I know some people are waiting until payday on Friday, so I expect another smaller surge then. If we can do around 100/day on average until the 8th, we'll hit the 2500 minimum

What happens if they dont hit the 2500 min.... they got our cash already

seems they answered it..

they have to eat the loss[/QUOTE]

Official quote is:

It's the base point where we don't end up spending more than we make to do it. We're DOING it, based on the poll result of 2700. There's no going back now, but if we don't hit 2500, it will end up being an expense for us we'll have to eat.

That said, unless we have a tremendous drop off, we should hit the 2500 we needed. We're only 800 away with a little less than 8 days to go.

So regardless, it'll still be coming either way. I wouldn't mind seeing a counter just to get an idea of where the current "stock" is at. I may purchase an extra copy if I knew they were close to the min. goal and hold onto it for those inevitable late orders/requests from people on the forum (help a fellow CAG out).

EDIT: I got a reply from the "webmaster" and they said:

We should have the actual PSN date late this week or early next as that's when the game is scheduled to come out of Sony QA.

So hopefully we'll have a date for the digital release soon.

Again, not sure if this was posted, but here's a quick list of changes/improvements from Vic:

[quote name='vireland']Off the top of my head (might forget a few)...

1. Appraisal system is GONE.
2. Less level grinding
3. Party money is pooled instead of that crappy discrete money system
4. None of that confusing, annoying multi-random dungeon entrance stuff. Every labyrinth's entrances and exits stay the same.
5. Class is tied to races
6. Main story arc is more engaging
7. Graphics are a bit better
8. Indoor and outdoor labyrinths (1 is quite claustrophobic)
9. Alchemy instructor is much sexier

Basically, they took almost everything there was to hate about CoH1 (there was a lot) and removed or improved it. As a result, CoH2 is a much more enjoyable experience.

CoH2 gives you a bonus if you import your CoH1 save at the beginning, but I wouldn't recommend playing CoH1 if you haven't. It's just too abusive and might turn you off of CoH2 before you even start.[/QUOTE]

If they made it easier to order more than one they would of been reached the 2500 by Play Canada.

Set the system up poorly and this is what you get.

[quote name='elessar123']Actually, I think they failed because they said the game will be released as digital only unless they can raise $500k(!) for physical versions. People thought the amount was crazy for what little bit they're bringing to the table. I for one didn't bother because I figured it'd be a waste of time, as it would never succeed. They ended with like 10% of what they asked for.

Btw, the kickstarter was over a year ago, and the game is still unreleased. Guess you can't expect more from Victor Ireland.

Edit: They hit $96k.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I didn't do my usual fact checking, been busy (I'm shocked its been over a year since that KS failed, time flies). I didn't support it either because the physical level was around $65 which for a PSP game was crazy to me, and as much as I appreciated the WD deluxe packages, I didn't need one. Plus the game didn't and still doesn't totally appeal to me. I supported this for one reason only, the chance to get more PSP physical releases into 2014 and get some niche RPG's we might have never seen released over here. And as you mentioned the amount for production was insane too, there was no way with an unproven IP (even considering the Atlus game, I never heard of it though) for people to support it with that much backing.

And I don't blame Vic it would be out now, if not for this unforeseen issue with the song, who woulda saw that coming honestly. His heart seems to be in the right place, unfortunately, he never anticipates all outcomes and things like this happen and sadly reinforce the stereotype he can't release a game on time for anything....sadly.

On the Gaijinworks forum he posted that he's in talks with various publishers over a whole load of games that might be considered. One of the titles someone asked about was Valkyria Chronicles 3. Read on.

Now he DID NOT say what was being discussed, (and no VC3 was not confirmed) but it's still a cool thing that if possible Vic could get some games from larger series that never made it out and that people are interested in. Also there are some odd requests over there (the evil bear visual novel court game?!?) that honestly would be hard sells anywhere but JPN.

Two things he did confirm though is the Lunar games will not be coming, and neither will Elemental Gearbolt, due to no light gun emulation (which is weird considering its playable with a controller...)

Got 2 emails saying "Your Order with Gaijinworks has shipped!" and "Class of Heroes 2 Electronic Voucher Code Delivery" and went WHAAAAT?!

Reading further it was just a confirmation of payment, and I got a code for the digital version. It's not a PSN code though, just a place-holder? code for when it does release in 4-6 weeks. They called it an "Electronic Reservation Voucher Code".

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Got 2 emails saying "Your Order with Gaijinworks has shipped!" and "Class of Heroes 2 Electronic Voucher Code Delivery" and went WHAAAAT?!

Reading further it was just a confirmation of payment, and I got a code for the digital version. It's not a PSN code though, just a place-holder? code for when it does release in 4-6 weeks. They called it an "Electronic Reservation Voucher Code".[/QUOTE]

Basically just a ticket/receipt should something, somehow go wrong with your order. The physical version will be shipped automatically when it is ready, and we will receive an e-mail with the PSN code a bit later this month hopefully.

bread's done
Back