Class of Heroes 2 PSP / Vita Presale Now Open!

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Many have argued whether or not this is a deal, and I don't know how anyone could argue that its not. To drive awareness after multiple delays, I felt this deserved a new thread.

$36.99 gets you, " a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN)."

This will be an incredibly rare UMD, and the digital download code will be emailed to purchasers separately allowing them to keep the original sealed if they wish to do so. The digital copy will play on Vita as well as PSP. Enjoy :D

May 8th is the last day to place an order for a physical UMD.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

A lot of questions you may have about the game can most likely be answered at the official forums here: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forumdisplay.php?4-Gaijin-Outpost

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bojay1997']I really don't understand your argument. Are you trying to make some kind of claim that Vic stole all that merchandise? How do you know he didn't pay for it or wasn't owed money when WD folded and accepted the goods as payment? Should the games have just been destroyed when the company folded? It's not like any of the games you listed are super rare and they have only gone up in value quite a bit in the past few years, long after Vic sold them.

As for this release, I'm getting pretty disgusted with people making outrageous claims about Vic planning to not fulfill orders or scalping Kickstarter versions himself. If you don't want to buy it, fine, but take your ridiculous speculation and unfounded attacks somewhere else.[/QUOTE]

why cant he scalp the kickstarts as long as he fullfills all of the orders that was placed i really dont care if he had 200 left and sold them at 10X value as long as the people who placed the orders get them

ALSO what is up with this

Still waiting on QA. We had a problem with the ad-hoc network trading that got borked when we took the opening animation out. No, really. It was stupid. Anyway, it's worked out, but it extended the time in QA.

i sort of find this fishy they are not just saying this when people asked days or even weeks ago about the psn and they said it was on time....

first they go they did not think they would have problem using a copy right song in a game (YEA RIGHT anyone would saw that lawsuit coming)

I hope we get the items in june BUT it would not shock me if they pulled some bullcrap and we never see the games until fall and then they try to blame sony on this crap

[quote name='Vinny']Looks like they're almost there... over 2400 now.[/QUOTE]

where do you see it...no longer can find the baby LOL

I wonder if they are selling them at cost or what it cost to make them...

just think if it was at cost and needed 2500 to break even if they only sold 2200

300 x 37

ouch would had to eat a 11k loss no wonder why they extended the dates

[quote name='slidecage']where do you see it...no longer can find the baby LOL

I wonder if they are selling them at cost or what it cost to make them...

just think if it was at cost and needed 2500 to break even if they only sold 2200

300 x 37

ouch would had to eat a 11k loss no wonder why they extended the dates[/QUOTE]

http://www.gaijinworks.com/

Vic posted earlier today and said they are at 2,450 this should meet the 2,500 by tonight if it hasn't already. Aside from pre-orders, I really hope this sells well on PSN. Yes, it's a PSP game, but my Vita needs some good RPGs, even if they are from the previous platform.

[quote name='RainFall']I don't see why it's unreasonable that he would do the latter.[/QUOTE]
I don't see how it's reasonable in ANY way that he WOULD.

It's absurd

[quote name='RainFall']Then you're bad at capitalism.[/QUOTE]

There's a difference between capitalism and flatout stealing money. The odds of that happening are considerably low, as in less than 1%. If you don't want this to succeed, or aren't interested, why do you keep posting? And if you are interested, why such a pessimistic attitude?

[quote name='bojay1997']He only had some copies of the Sega CD and Saturn games, so it wasn't anywhere close to everything they released. He had no copies of the harder to find Turbo Grafx stuff and I don't believe he even had any of the Playstation stuff. In any event, he waited for over a decade to sell those copies, so I think it's pretty unlikely he is going to get into Ebay resale of this particular game anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

He's certainly not going to sell extras to non-Kickstarter backers, that's for sure.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I dont even know wtf you guys are blabbering about. Im just waiting for a copy of the game in the next month or 2[/QUOTE]

Amen. Remember when this thread was about the video game? I can't even follow the toxic de-evolution that has occurred. A company is making a game. I'm buying it. In the near future, I will be able to play it. I am happy.:bouncy:

[quote name='MrBonk']I don't see how it's reasonable in ANY way that he WOULD.

It's absurd[/QUOTE]

As far as reselling oes, he did it in the past (as both Vinny and I have mentioned). I'm not saying it's wrong - I'm the kind of person who admires that kind of stuff. If I remember correctly, Atlus made it part of their early business plan to artificially create rarity. Low print run upfront equals instant rarity, rarity then drives people to want a game even if they don't actually want it. It's a pretty smooth plan - Atlus still does it from time to time.

When Vic decided to hold on to the WD games he was selling between 2003 and now, he did so knowing they would be valuable. That's perfectly fine. All I intended with my original post was to say Vic has no reason to sell any extra KS versions to non-backers. He can sell them himself in a few years for a huge profit. Once again, I'm totally cool with that.

Bickering aside (not even sure why there was bickering), I'm really looking forward to this on my Vita. The colors should really pop and I've been wanting a non-action RPG for awhile now. Hopefully we find out when the digital copy will be ready to release soon. Fingers still crossed for end of the month at the latest.

[quote name='SynGamer']There's a difference between capitalism and flatout stealing money. The odds of that happening are considerably low, as in less than 1%. If you don't want this to succeed, or aren't interested, why do you keep posting? And if you are interested, why such a pessimistic attitude?[/QUOTE]

It seems we have a bit of Dunning-Kruger going on here. Why? You're the pessimist. Only negative, ignorant people think of actions like that as stealing. Educated people know that this is "creative accounting" or other various tricks. No one said anyone was stealing. That was your own cynical projection.

Most of society is bad at capitalism. I'd say 95% of people are. It's not a negative thing. It's reality. I'm sorry that you have an emotional attachment to objective statements. I understand it's part of your conditioning.

[quote name='RainFall']It seems we have a bit of Dunning-Kruger going on here. Why? You're the pessimist. Only negative, ignorant people think of actions like that as stealing. Educated people know that this is "creative accounting" or other various tricks. No one said anyone was stealing. That was your own cynical projection.

Most of society is bad at capitalism. I'd say 95% of people are. It's not a negative thing. It's reality. I'm sorry that you have an emotional attachment to objective statements. I understand it's part of your conditioning.[/QUOTE]

I need to apologize. I read the comment you quoted and thought you were suggesting Vic wouldn't fulfill the orders, hence "stealing". I completely mis-read that, and having re-read it again, I don't see what the harm would be if Vic sold the KS leftover UMDs. They were manufactured and need to be sold...

[quote name='SynGamer']I need to apologize. I read the comment you quoted and thought you were suggesting Vic wouldn't fulfill the orders, hence "stealing". I completely mis-read that, and having re-read it again, I don't see what the harm would be if Vic sold the KS leftover UMDs. They were manufactured and need to be sold...[/QUOTE]

They weren't manufactured. He is manufacturing them to order once the pre-orders close tomorrow night. While I'm sure there may be some extras, I am just as certain that they aren't going to be sold anytime soon. Vic wants this approach to distribution to go for more releases. If he gets involved in reselling it would undermine his credibility with the Kickstarter backers he is seeking to reward with this special variant. Making the maximum profit is not the only consideration here. Vic is looking for the long-term play and profitability by building a positive reputation with fans of his games.

[quote name='bojay1997']They weren't manufactured. He is manufacturing them to order once the pre-orders close tomorrow night. While I'm sure there may be some extras, I am just as certain that they aren't going to be sold anytime soon. Vic wants this approach to distribution to go for more releases. If he gets involved in reselling it would undermine his credibility with the Kickstarter backers he is seeking to reward with this special variant. Making the maximum profit is not the only consideration here. Vic is looking for the long-term play and profitability by building a positive reputation with fans of his games.[/QUOTE]

I don't see how the KS backers would be fused if a dozen or two copies were sold post-production. I mean, 2 dozen copies is close to $1000...but regardless, I think the fact that this has surpassed the 2,500 goal says a lot for future projects.

Does the man behind the curtain REALLY matter? The way I see it, I wouldn't get to play this game if some guy hadn't gone and done some company stuff to bring it here. I don't care if he's homeless or is trying to profiteer the world's most sacred game collection to pay for his daily infusion of Ferrari Enzos. We literally wouldn't get to play an english release of this game (physical or otherwise) if this guy hadn't made his company and done the crap he's done. Do we REALLY need 3+ pages of political commentary on video game mr. martha stewart's inside trading? Good lord.

[quote name='SynGamer']On a happier note, in case people missed it, Vic posted on Twitter earlier that they surpassed 2,500 today.[/QUOTE]

That IS awesome, because it should mean it gets into production and shipping all the sooner, right?

[quote name='SynGamer']I don't see how the KS backers would be fused if a dozen or two copies were sold post-production. I mean, 2 dozen copies is close to $1000...but regardless, I think the fact that this has surpassed the 2,500 goal says a lot for future projects.[/QUOTE]

Vic already said he wouldn't do it, so it would be a problem because people wouldn't be able to trust his word about things and would be less likely to preorder future games. As such, I can guarantee it's not going to happen, at least not for many, many years just like the WD games he sold long after the company and platforms for them were dead and buried.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Can I still place an order for the physical and digital copy? Seems the link is still active but it is past the 8th...[/QUOTE]

Yep. Preorders now run through 11:59 p.m. tomorrow evening.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Thank you!!! Any reason why this game is so sought after?[/QUOTE]

These reasons: The consoles it will be playable on have bad sparse releases lately, the series has a following, it could end up a rare and/or sa ought after game for collectors, and it is the closest thing that fans of Working Designs have to a new release from their favorite studio.

Its just ultra low print run is all. The game itself is really not that great. Its the poor man's Etrian Odyssey at best. I mean, its not IDEA FACTORY bad. I guess you could say its middling.

Just ten more minutes left until the preorders come to a close so if you're still thinking about pulling the trigger, don't hesitate for too long.

[quote name='Drclaw411']Grabs popcorn and waits for "I ORDERED THE KICKSTARTER AND WAS SENT THE REGULAR! PAINFUL DEATH TO ALL INVOLVED!"[/QUOTE]

It has begun!! - Shang Tsung

[quote name='Drclaw411']Grabs popcorn and waits for "I ORDERED THE KICKSTARTER AND WAS SENT THE REGULAR! PAINFUL DEATH TO ALL INVOLVED!"[/QUOTE]

lol... I gave a big though about picking this one up but decided not too, the PSP is pretty much dead. I never picked up the first one so I didn't have much reason to get the second one, limited or not.

The first four rows to the left are all sealed, don't really need another one to sit there.

Yeah, Sony screwed us over, for those of us that still have signficant psp umd collections. It would have been nice if they could have at least offered a discount program like they did in Japan, so you don't have to rebuy the digital versions at full price (for example, to play on the vita, with better load times, more control options, and bilinear-filtered graphics).

No reason we can't hang onto a PSP. I play mine all the time. I also play my Game Gear semi regularly, I'm sure I'll still be playing my PSP in 15 years so I need plenty of games for it, lol.

[quote name='bruceg']Yeah, Sony screwed us over, for those of us that still have signficant psp umd collections. It would have been nice if they could have at least offered a discount program like they did in Japan, so you don't have to rebuy the digital versions at full price (for example, to play on the vita, with better load times, more control options, and bilinear-filtered graphics).[/QUOTE]

Didnt they make the people in JAPAN send in the UMDS though you did not get to keep them did you...

some games cost as low as 10 bucks on PSN so if they charged 5 to 10 bucks per flip that means your giving your psp game away FREE or 5 bucks (i mean disgaea 2 is only 15 bucks via gamestop) or even 20 online) if they charged you 10 bucks to flip it your selling the game for 10... you can easy get 30 for it on ebay.

also you can do it yourself... sell the PSP games on ebay and then use that money to buy the PSN verisons

[quote name='slidecage']Didnt they make the people in JAPAN send in the UMDS though you did not get to keep them did you...

some games cost as low as 10 bucks on PSN so if they charged 5 to 10 bucks per flip that means your giving your psp game away FREE or 5 bucks (i mean disgaea 2 is only 15 bucks via gamestop) or even 20 online) if they charged you 10 bucks to flip it your selling the game for 10... you can easy get 30 for it on ebay.

also you can do it yourself... sell the PSP games on ebay and then use that money to buy the PSN verisons[/QUOTE]

No, nothing to mail in

[quote name='callmewoof']That IS awesome, because it should mean it gets into production and shipping all the sooner, right?[/QUOTE]

Whoa, wait, you mean this hasn't gone into production yet? I got a message from Amazon saying it had shipped! Well at least that 'splains why it hasn't arrived yet.

EDIT: Ach, never mind. I re-read the confirmation from Gaijinworks and figured it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vireland']Class of Heroes 2 for the PSP has passed Sony QA and we're waiting for confirmation of the PSN date now![/QUOTE]

Woot! Hoping we get the game before the end of the month.

[quote name='SynGamer']Woot! Hoping we get the game before the end of the month.[/QUOTE]

they only update on Tuesday right???

i doubt we get it on the 21th (this tuesday)
the following week is a hoilday
so i would not expect it before June 4 BUT love to see it hit next week

[quote name='slidecage']they said they should have the PSN date by tomorrow

AGAIN THAT IS RELEASE DATE

not the release[/QUOTE]

Correct, no need to freak out :)

The plan as of a few months ago was to have the game out around the end of May, and they are still on target to hopefully do that. I know RPGFan is getting an early review code so I'm looking forward to that being posted *hopefully* around the time the game comes out, though before the game would be great.

[quote name='SynGamer']Correct, no need to freak out :)

The plan as of a few months ago was to have the game out around the end of May, and they are still on target to hopefully do that. I know RPGFan is getting an early review code so I'm looking forward to that being posted *hopefully* around the time the game comes out, though before the game would be great.[/QUOTE]

just did not want people saying saturday where the game wheres the game ...

i still say a month away hopefully next week but doubt before june

[quote name='VACRMH']Looks like the PSN version will be available on 6/4.[/QUOTE]

Yep, just saw Vics post. That makes sense and is only 2.5 weeks away.

bread's done
Back