Class of Heroes 2 PSP / Vita Presale Now Open!

buffbov

CAGiversary!
Many have argued whether or not this is a deal, and I don't know how anyone could argue that its not. To drive awareness after multiple delays, I felt this deserved a new thread.

$36.99 gets you, " a digital voucher that entitles you to a physical copy of Class of Heroes 2 that includes a case with the art shown on the left, a UMD with custom art, and a game manual AS WELL AS a North America PSN (only) digital download code that will allow the game to also be downloaded from the North American PlayStation Network (aka SEN)."

This will be an incredibly rare UMD, and the digital download code will be emailed to purchasers separately allowing them to keep the original sealed if they wish to do so. The digital copy will play on Vita as well as PSP. Enjoy :D

May 8th is the last day to place an order for a physical UMD.

http://www.gaijinworks.com/GW_presale_reg.htm

A lot of questions you may have about the game can most likely be answered at the official forums here: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/forumdisplay.php?4-Gaijin-Outpost

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you get a tracking number? I just got an email last week saying orders are starting to be shipped.
Also the back of the game cover doesn't seem to have any game info like most games.
There was tracking on the package, but they didn't give us that information, likely because of time. My package was shipped out 10/14 so you should have your copy soon.

As for the back cover, it seems a bit bare, but I kind of like that.

Will this b available instore (gamestop, best buy) anytime this year?? Would love to get a copy.

Will this b available instore (gamestop, best buy) anytime this year?? Would love to get a copy.
Unfortunately, no, this was sold for pre-order earlier this summer and that was it. I think only 2700 copies were printed? You can get the digital version on PSN though.

There was tracking on the package, but they didn't give us that information, likely because of time. My package was shipped out 10/14 so you should have your copy soon.

As for the back cover, it seems a bit bare, but I kind of like that.
Where did the package ship from? Also is that the regular or KS exclusive cover? I ordered the regular and got a CAG to get the KS sent to me as well.

I think the first KH game had a empty back cover as well aside from some wording.

Got mine yesterday! Pretty cool that they included the holographic serial number on the certificate of authenticity. What your serial number? Mine is 00065.

Will this b available instore (gamestop, best buy) anytime this year?? Would love to get a copy.

How about this. Pay me for one and I'll ship it to you 8 months later so you can have a true CoH 2 experience! Don't want you to miss out on any of the "awesomeness" that the rest of us were treated to.

How about this. Pay me for one and I'll ship it to you 8 months later so you can have a true CoH 2 experience! Don't want you to miss out on any of the "awesomeness" that the rest of us were treated to.
Preorders closed the first week in May. It's only been about 5 months and frankly, it only cost/tied up $37 of your money and you received a download voucher for the full game 30 days after preorders closed, so the bitching about the delay is really getting tiresome.

$37 dollars is a lot. That's more than half of what a next gen game costs.

And PSP games are last gen. Puts things into perspective when you think about it.

Preorders closed the first week in May. It's only been about 5 months and frankly, it only cost/tied up $37 of your money and you received a download voucher for the full game 30 days after preorders closed, so the bitching about the delay is really getting tiresome.
wont be supporting them again!

$37 dollars is a lot. That's more than half of what a next gen game costs.

And PSP games are last gen. Puts things into perspective when you think about it.
Any next gen game will be a dime a dozen for years to come.

This is highly limited and thus highly collectible, and the delays were to improve the package that we got.

Puts things into perspective when you think about it.

well considering there are what only 2500 copies made period having a bit of a delay isn't that bad. And it's not like you didn't receive a digital version of the game. If people don't understand the risks of backing projects like this they really shouldn't put there money down. I personally would like to encourage to take risks with releasing physical copies of niche games that haven't been made available to play in english. There are tons of psp games that I would like to see brought over. Obviously 5 months is a long time to wait for a game and hopefully next time could be planned better. There were mistakes on Vic's part that caused the delay but there was also things out of his control.

still never got a shipping notice
And we won't. Vic said they got tracking but more as a precaution should issues arise.

well considering there are what only 2500 copies made period having a bit of a delay isn't that bad. And it's not like you didn't receive a digital version of the game. If people don't understand the risks of backing projects like this they really shouldn't put there money down. I personally would like to encourage to take risks with releasing physical copies of niche games that haven't been made available to play in english. There are tons of psp games that I would like to see brought over. Obviously 5 months is a long time to wait for a game and hopefully next time could be planned better. There were mistakes on Vic's part that caused the delay but there was also things out of his control.
Exactly. Not to mention Vic has been quite transparent during the entire process. The best part is this was a learning experience for everyone, including Vic and Monkey Paw Games. Moving forward, there should be a far better expectation and timeline.

And as previously mentioned, we got the digital code ~30 days after pre-orders closed. So it wasn't really the full $37 that was tied up, more like $17 was tied up for the physical edition...

Just got my KS version. The print quality looks like someone used their home printer circa 1995. It's a terrible low-res image. Oh well, I'm selling it anyways. I hated the digital version (despite loving Etrian Odyssey go figure...)

Dammit. Our mail is being held back at my parents home and I had to have my mail forwarded to my new address so I have no idea where my copy is and won't know until next weekend. 

Do the regular copies of the game look bad too? Or is it just the KS version? 

Just got my KS version. The print quality looks like someone used their home printer circa 1995. It's a terrible low-res image. Oh well, I'm selling it anyways. I hated the digital version (despite loving Etrian Odyssey go figure...)
Eh, this isn't like EO at all. EO were my favorite games this past generation, and I hated CoH. I did order a single copy of this though. Maybe it was two. It's been so long, I actually did forget. And I haven't gotten any emails either.

YTVW2Td.jpg
I got my copy in. I'm number 1455. Now I just need something to put the certificate in so it doesn't get damaged. Here's my copy of the non kickstarter copy.

I got a KS copy and I have to agree with Tom Ato. The artwork that they used for the cover isn't high-res at all. Namely the character at the very front. I'm disappointed that they couldn't even manage to get something better after all of the delays, especially since this is for the KS folks. Looks like the regular edition might have a better quality cover...

still haven't received my non-KS copy or the KS copy a CAG ordered for me.

for those that have both, do the covers seem to be printed on different stock?

got my  copy the mail man  drop the freaking package on the ground and  the package bounced into the road and was  ran over by the UPS  man and then before i could pick it up a  steam roller  crushed what was left  

:)    i did get mine today my cousin told me  wont know what it looks like till i get home  (never got an email saying it was shipping)

How many copies of these were actually released? I'm surprised GS doesn't have a used listing for trade ins.

Didn't get my copy yet. I'm starting to get worried.

Anybody else still waiting?
The last US orders went out on Tuesday (yesterday) and apparently multiple copy orders were processed last. International orders are still going out. So, I would give it until the weekend at least before I worried about it.

I live about 4 hours from Redding,CA. I still haven't gotten mine yet either. But I ordered 3 copies so definitely on the tail end

Got mine today. Cover art looks like it was printed with an ink jet printer running low on ink. Will have to wait until i finish Cladun.

Got mine today. Cover art looks like it was printed with an ink jet printer running low on ink. Will have to wait until i finish Cladun.
You're the second person to complain about the cover art looking like it was printed off using a printer.

I'm also worried about my copy because my carrier apparently didn't get the forward mail notice and is returning to sender one of my other packages.

And how many of those are going into his closet so he can resell them later?

PROFIT FTW!
It's funny you say that because when the orders opened is people didn't pay he was going to have to eat the remaining cost out of his own pocket. i don't know why people give him so much shit

the cover doesn't look like it was printed with an inkjet it only looks like that because it's a low resolution. I assume it was done like that to keep costs done. Printing is actually very expensive. Also if it bothers you a lot you could always just replace it with something els. That would involve opening it though.

And how many of those are going into his closet so he can resell them later?

PROFIT FTW!
I'd say enough that he'd make some nice change if he ever needed. Didn't Vic sell a bunch of "left over" games on ebay etc? Also think he signed them.

It's actually not that bad of an idea. He's been in the industry for over a decade so has connections etc. The whole digital age thing definately drives up demand and value for physical copies. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts looking at other lesser known Japanese games to bring over.

I'd say enough that he'd make some nice change if he ever needed. Didn't Vic sell a bunch of "left over" games on ebay etc? Also think he signed them.

It's actually not that bad of an idea. He's been in the industry for over a decade so has connections etc. The whole digital age thing definately drives up demand and value for physical copies. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts looking at other lesser known Japanese games to bring over.
I agree 100%. It's a very good idea indeed.

It's funny you say that because when the orders opened is people didn't pay he was going to have to eat the remaining cost out of his own pocket. i don't know why people give him so much shit

the cover doesn't look like it was printed with an inkjet it only looks like that because it's a low resolution. I assume it was done like that to keep costs done. Printing is actually very expensive. Also if it bothers you a lot you could always just replace it with something els. That would involve opening it though.
I bring up the inkjet issue only because to me, the cover looks faded -- almost as if it was sitting in the sun for a month or so. If your goal was to use as little ink as possible... mission accomplished. To me, that's not something you would cut out of cost since the cover can help attract business.

I bring up the inkjet issue only because to me, the cover looks faded -- almost as if it was sitting in the sun for a month or so. If your goal was to use as little ink as possible... mission accomplished. To me, that's not something you would cut out of cost since the cover can help attract business.
Oh I wasn't defending the art I was just saying why it looked the way it looks. They should have used have used higher resolution assets but they should have also used a better print company. 3000 is a fairly low amount of copies to have made.

I'm pretty disappointed with the results of this project. I was one of the first couple of people on board with the Kickstarter, and to see that everything ended up looking like this in the end is kind of sad. I got one of each, and the difference in quality between the two covers is very stark when they're next to each other. Nothing says "Thanks for the support," like a low-res image that's so zoomed in the top half of the spire on top of the school is cut off. The printed images on both are quite pale (sit it next to another psp game), though the blurry KS copy is the more vibrant of the two. The games are also poorly heat-gun shrinkwrapped. If I had received these from a seller, I'd assume that they were either resealed or bootlegs.

I did laugh at the Certificates of Perspicacity, and I also like the foil seals and stamped packing slips. I have no intention of selling them, but I'm certainly not keeping them next to my copies of the Lunar games.

Got mine and nothing is wrong with them (Shrink wrap is fine on mine. Perhaps temperature changes in transit?) aside from the poor print quality cover. The manual and UMD are both fine. I'm very happy.

bread's done
Back