Clearance at Fred Meyer + 25%

jim.flack

CAG Veteran
I stopped by my local Fred Meyer Store here in Western Washington (it's large store/grocery chain in the NW) and I was checking out the clearance video games. Most are $9.97 to $8.97 (at least for XBOX and GameCube) but the clerk told me that they were going to have a 25% reduction in prices on all clearance video games in the entertainment department, chain-wide. They had lots of PS2, and a smattering of XBOX and Gamecube, BUT....for $6 - $7.50, you may find something you like.

I'll keep an eye out, although the store nearest me is small and doesn't have much of a selection. There are a couple bigger ones across town that I will look into.

Fred Meyer often has good unadvertised specials. 10% off is common, as are "buy from this list of games, and get one of these games" type specials--except for good games(!). A couple of months ago I grabbed Prince of Persia: Two Thrones for $30 and got Jade Empire for free.

Fred Meyers in Vancouver was where I bought a clearance Gitaroo-Man a looong time ago. That Fred Meyers has (and still does!) treated me well.

Well, for a lot of these games 25% isn't that good. La Pucelle Tactics has been "clearanced" at $45 for well over a year now. Though I have found Gallop Racer 2004 and King of Fighters 00/01 for $10 each. It's real hit and miss, but glad to hear some sort of discount is coming.

[quote name='sonderiaom']Hey jim, I have to question which store you currently go to?[/quote]

I go the one in Covington in SE King County. I picked up Swingerz Golf last night for $8.95. The packaging is quite misleading, but I had one heck of time playing it with my son last night! We were both wooping it up!!:bouncy:

[quote name='wannabepunktony']Well, for a lot of these games 25% isn't that good. La Pucelle Tactics has been "clearanced" at $45 for well over a year now. Though I have found Gallop Racer 2004 and King of Fighters 00/01 for $10 each. It's real hit and miss, but glad to hear some sort of discount is coming.[/quote]

That is true. La Pucelle probably wasn't the best example but the only one I could think of. My memory is terrible.

The best time is when the clearance games are 50% off. I never know when that happens and usually its just random when I happen to be looking. And every so often I'll see old or lesser common games like from Playstation.

bread's done
Back