Clearance sale at Fred Meyer

earvcunanan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
300 (100%)
They're clearing out some stuff with an extra 20% off the lowest marked prices. Here's what I got after 20% off:

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - $19.98
Zack and Wiki (Wii) - $11.98
Dark Messiah (360) - $11.98
Blue Dragon (360) - $6.38

I saw these before 20% off:

Devil May Cry 4 (360) - $19.98
Mass Effect (360, first release edition) - $14.97
Assassin's Creed (DS) - $14.97
Jumper (360) - $4.57

And there was a bunch of other stuff that I didn't really get a chance to look at. I'm going back to a different store this weekend to see what else they've got on clearance.

I picked up Blue Dragon (it was marked 7.49 then gave me an additional discount at checkout). Looking for Uncharted for a friend...

Picked up Turok and Dark Messiah 360, those two were 14.97 before the 20 percent off, couldn't pass up Beowulf 360 for I think it was 4.97 before 20 percent off. But I did pass up JUMPER 360 for that same price, heh.

Other titles I would have picked up for sub $7 if I didn't have them already would have been Blue Dragon, Jericho, and Conan.

[quote name='loomis1975']Picked up Turok and Dark Messiah 360, those two were 14.97 before the 20 percent off, couldn't pass up Beowulf 360 for I think it was 4.97 before 20 percent off. But I did pass up JUMPER 360 for that same price, heh.

Other titles I would have picked up for sub $7 if I didn't have them already would have been Blue Dragon, Jericho, and Conan.[/QUOTE]

Is Beowulf any good?

Beowulf is not that good so far. I'm comparing it to Conan where you had the different weapons/moves to master and the corny moments like Ron Pearlman's dialog "DIE!" to an enemy just after a nearby naked chick said "...I don't want to die!".

I'd say its definitely worse than Conan, and a bit worse than Vikings.

I liked Conan and Vikings, so of course I'll take a flyer on Beowulf for that cheap, especially because I haven't had any prior negative personal experience with the title.

Not so with some other games that I've tried at friends or watch other people play at friends, two games come to mind, Shrek and Jumper, oh and that Burning something game where you can get all 1000 achievement points in like 5 minutes. I won't buy/play that game just because of that. IF I was interested in that Anime or whatever the game is based off of, I'd probably get it in spite of that, but I am not.

My 2 Freddies had several copies of that game by the way, is it Avatar Burning Earth? for $14.97 before 20 percent off, for any achievement junkies.

I think that's the best price I've seen for the bundle. $40 before 20% discount. Amazon is still $50 for the bundle. You'll see a different selection of rhythm/music bundles on clearance at each Fred Meyer.

I saw some other stuff:

Warhawk + blue tooth headset bundle for $29.xx before 20% off.
Resident Evil The Essential Collection - $19.98 after 20% off.

yea, they had 40% off clearance about a month ago - i thought about posting it hear but really, there was -nothing- on the racks worth mentioning at the two i hit up. they added a ton new to clearance when they dropped it to 20%.

usually, their 'clearance' prices are terrible. uncharted is a rare exception, especially since you figure all the new slims out there plus the upcoming sequel would mean this one would move at normal prices.

No Uncharted at my location.

Mine has almost two shelves of 360 clearance, and about 1 shelf of PS3 clearance. But nothing worth buying. Mostly sports games and DMC4.

Grabbed a GH:WT Full Bundle for $76 (20% off of $95). Actually just wanted the drums, but they are still full-priced at $99.99. Sure, I'll pay $20 less for the extra guitar, game and mike. One store had 3 of the 360, another had 2 PS3.

40% off sale on electronics clearance started today. I picked up
Warhawk Headset bundle - $18
Beowolf 360 - $3
Endless Ocean Wii - $15
Big Brain Academy Wii - $12

Had a lot of first party Wii games for $28 after discount. Mario Strikers, Metroid Prime 3, Paper Mario, Warioware. If anyone can still find DMC4 CE it would only be $15, but those have been out of stock in my area for awhile now (thanks a lot OP :p), though I was able to find one when I was out of town a couple weeks ago so there probably are still some out there.

Ok. I picked up X:360 Blacksite: Area 51 for $8.98 (no tax state) at fred meyers after discount. Some other titles for xbox included Lost Odysey, Blue Dragon, Splinter Cell Double Agent, FEAR Files.
PS 3 had a bunch of games as well, Unreal Tournament 3, The Simpsons Game come to mind, but they have a bunch more. (Same with Wii & DS games.)

It's worth a shot to check just incase they have any older games you may have missed on any of the current systems.

Picked up Jumper and Beowlf for $3.99 each after the additional 20%. I heard these were crap games, but hey, they're dirt cheap anyway.

I made a run to another Fred Meyer, picked up Warhawk (PS3) for $18 as a gift, I figured at worse at least he will have another bluetooth headset. I also found the last copy of Bully (X360) for $9. Oh, and it's 40% off at both the Fred Meyers I visited today.

bread's done
Back