Closed please delete

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='EdEddandEdge']This is a good deal but wouldn't say this deal would go down in CAG history.[/QUOTE]

Definetly not CAG history. Leave that to the penny games from amazon on the $8 pre orders at K-Mart.

[quote name='209chromatic']Amazon 1 penny sale! To bad I wasn't around when that happened :/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KtMack23']Definetly not CAG history. Leave that to the penny games from amazon on the $8 pre orders at K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for reminding me of both of these epic deals. Missed both.

the store that couldn't find any and changed the pickup status to 'unavailable' this morning happened to have 3 on the shelf. derp.

[quote name='myl0r']Thanks for reminding me of both of these epic deals. Missed both.[/QUOTE]

I missed the Amazon one, and my K-Matt orders were canceled, all I got was a $10 gc for my troubles.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']This is a good deal but wouldn't say this deal would go down in CAG history.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='209chromatic']Amazon 1 penny sale! To bad I wasn't around when that happened :/[/QUOTE]

[quote name='KtMack23']Definetly not CAG history. Leave that to the penny games from amazon on the $8 pre orders at K-Mart.[/QUOTE]

not about the deal itself, just the fact that we ordered it when we weren't supposed to.

Well, just gonna have to go check my stores to see if these are in stock, since you guys are finding them. Got an email about Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 being backordered (but they charged me anyway? What's up with that?), so maybe they'll have that too.

Worth a shot I guess.

[quote name='chrisflyer']the store that couldn't find any and changed the pickup status to 'unavailable' this morning happened to have 3 on the shelf. derp.[/QUOTE]

derp indeed. Did you buy all 3?

Even though I did not take advantage of this deal I am glad lots of you people have been able to get it. I bought a LEgendary edition months back at bestbuy for like $50 and sold the DLC for $45 :applause: I dont have the game anymore i sold that for another $30 later on but im not much of a halo fan so im stuck with all the legendary stuff .....

[quote name='onyzukae']wow.... Lots of cags selling on ebay i guess....[/QUOTE]

Problem is thats one of the few options when you want to get some return on something.. I would gladly put more items for sale on CAG but say said item was $4.95 at a store but I got it at a different store for $30 that doesnt matter... the CAG wants it for $4.95 then because said store had it at that price even though the said store had none in stock,etc or else they wouldnt be looking for the item,etc....

Since it was back ordered online, I switched to in store pickup at a BB about 20 minutes out of my way on my trip home from Thanksgiving. I'm really glad I did. Not only was I able to snag the game, but they had 6 or 7 Reach guides which were pennied out several weeks ago. I got it for free :) I just wish I lived closer to that store since they seem lax on their penny guide pulls.

[quote name='Allwhowander']Since it was back ordered online, I switched to in store pickup at a BB about 20 minutes out of my way on my trip home from Thanksgiving. I'm really glad I did. Not only was I able to snag the game, but they had 6 or 7 Reach guides which were pennied out several weeks ago. I got it for free :) I just wish I lived closer to that store since they seem lax on their penny guide pulls.[/QUOTE]

How do you switch it?

[quote name='n64ra']How do you switch it?[/QUOTE]

The email saying it was back ordered had a customer service number where you could supposedly get it switched. But, the hold time was over 20 minutes, so I just cancelled it online and reordered it with store pickup.

Since the sale is over, you'll probably have to call customer service and change it to store pickup.

Wanted my friend to get this; convinced him but could only do store pickup at a semi-far location. The next day his order was cancelled because they said they had none available...checked a day later and it was IN STOCK AT THAT STORE BUT AT THE $49.99 PRICE!!

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Wanted my friend to get this; convinced him but could only do store pickup at a semi-far location. The next day his order was cancelled because they said they had none available...checked a day later and it was IN STOCK AT THAT STORE BUT AT THE $49.99 PRICE!![/QUOTE]

I was almost same situation 11/25 ..ordered 2xLE and ready to pick up

only one. so i just picked one up(11/26)

I went BB today( 11/27)

and it was there! and.,.....its rang up 49.99;;

so I go CS desk and shows my canceled e-mail (iphone 4s)...

"why you guys cenceled my order yesterday ...etc "

the woman call the manager and he just PMed.. no issue.

You should give it a shot

[quote name='Allwhowander']The email saying it was back ordered had a customer service number where you could supposedly get it switched. But, the hold time was over 20 minutes, so I just cancelled it online and reordered it with store pickup.

Since the sale is over, you'll probably have to call customer service and change it to store pickup.[/QUOTE]

I tried this today. Couldnt switch because the locator shows not in stock in my area even though I was standing in store holding the damn thing. I was told by the manager they couldnt switch it because the price would jump up to $50. Couldn't price match what I bought it at because I bought it on black friday (I 'm pretty sure it wasn't part of the sale, I didnt order until close to midnight friday into saturday) which kinda pushed my buttons. I didn't argue I just left as it wasnt my local BBY anyway. Just seems kinda stupid I buy a game at a low price, you tell me afterwards its backordered and I have to wait 2 weeks or cancel. I find it in store whereas your locator CANT a couple days later and you cant pricematch the price I paid/cancel my order? Whatever just venting and waiting for delivery.

[quote name='onyzukae']I was almost same situation 11/25 ..ordered 2xLE and ready to pick up
only one. so i just picked one up(11/26)
I went BB today( 11/27)
and it was there! and.,.....its rang up 49.99;;
so I go CS desk and shows my canceled e-mail (iphone 4s)...
"why you guys cenceled my order yesterday ...etc "
the woman call the manager and he just PMed.. no issue.
You should give it a shot[/QUOTE]

Ya, today I called the store. Was rudely told that they had not counted up there inventory yet so the computer inventory was wrong. She didn't even look it up or anything (I know this because of what happened later). So I went to Walmart to try and PM it. Was almost able to, CSM even accepted it after clearing it with the Asst. Manager. Then the cashier woman went HYSTERICAL (NOT OVER EXAGGERATING HERE) about needing to speak with her Asst. Manager directly about it first. Asst. Manager came and asked why she wasn't PM it...so then he double checks the order I show him and comes back 20 mins later indirectly claiming we were trying to fraud them... So went to Best Buy nearby just to check if maybe they had some and the online site was wrong or something. They then confirmed that the store I ordered it from said they had 3 ON HAND!! He found some other stores nearby that had it (that had been OoS online) and we drove even further to that one. Explained the situation (still had to wait 10-15 mins) and later walked out with the game.

NEVER going to trust the first store for anything ever again. And I am wondering if I should report the Walmart incident. Because the woman was literally hysterically yelling at her CSM in front of us....it was really awkward....and it was BS because both the CSM and Asst. Manager told us they would price match and later said no (I understand PMing is not a right like many think it is, but they both said they would first and reneged on the promise).

[quote name='emozolik']I don't even see it on the BB website anymore. What are the chances we will get this?[/QUOTE]

Cristmas comming... = )

Just got my halo reach limited edition. Is the blue card supposed to be a little beat up? After opening my Limited edition it looked like it was scratched up

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ya, today I called the store. Was rudely told that they had not counted up there inventory yet so the computer inventory was wrong. She didn't even look it up or anything (I know this because of what happened later). So I went to Walmart to try and PM it. Was almost able to, CSM even accepted it after clearing it with the Asst. Manager. Then the cashier woman went HYSTERICAL (NOT OVER EXAGGERATING HERE) about needing to speak with her Asst. Manager directly about it first. Asst. Manager came and asked why she wasn't PM it...so then he double checks the order I show him and comes back 20 mins later indirectly claiming we were trying to fraud them... So went to Best Buy nearby just to check if maybe they had some and the online site was wrong or something. They then confirmed that the store I ordered it from said they had 3 ON HAND!! He found some other stores nearby that had it (that had been OoS online) and we drove even further to that one. Explained the situation (still had to wait 10-15 mins) and later walked out with the game.

NEVER going to trust the first store for anything ever again. And I am wondering if I should report the Walmart incident. Because the woman was literally hysterically yelling at her CSM in front of us....it was really awkward....and it was BS because both the CSM and Asst. Manager told us they would price match and later said no (I understand PMing is not a right like many think it is, but they both said they would first and reneged on the promise).[/QUOTE]

Explained the situation (still had to wait 10-15 mins) and later walked out with the game.
:applause: Thats what im sayin!

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']Ya, today I called the store. Was rudely told that they had not counted up there inventory yet so the computer inventory was wrong. She didn't even look it up or anything (I know this because of what happened later). So I went to Walmart to try and PM it. Was almost able to, CSM even accepted it after clearing it with the Asst. Manager. Then the cashier woman went HYSTERICAL (NOT OVER EXAGGERATING HERE) about needing to speak with her Asst. Manager directly about it first. Asst. Manager came and asked why she wasn't PM it...so then he double checks the order I show him and comes back 20 mins later indirectly claiming we were trying to fraud them... So went to Best Buy nearby just to check if maybe they had some and the online site was wrong or something. They then confirmed that the store I ordered it from said they had 3 ON HAND!! He found some other stores nearby that had it (that had been OoS online) and we drove even further to that one. Explained the situation (still had to wait 10-15 mins) and later walked out with the game.

NEVER going to trust the first store for anything ever again. And I am wondering if I should report the Walmart incident. Because the woman was literally hysterically yelling at her CSM in front of us....it was really awkward....and it was BS because both the CSM and Asst. Manager told us they would price match and later said no (I understand PMing is not a right like many think it is, but they both said they would first and reneged on the promise).[/QUOTE]

I would complain to the Store Manager or Market Manager about the Walmart situation. Also the accusation could be considered slander or libel.

I saw this in store the other day but it is no longer on clearance. That really sucks. 14.50 would have been really nice to pick it up for.

[quote name='hwmusic']mine is still backordered and i ordered it on 11/25[/QUOTE]

I just received an email of an order confirmation that I created on 11/24. I have no idea what is going on with their system, but I think I will let it go through since it includes this Halo Reach Limited Edition.

if it helps any I got the backordered email so I called, POLITELY complained, and was given a $20 store credit for my troubles. Had to cancel the order though. Apparently the backorder date is now out to 90 days. I just took the credit to the Best Buy by my work... they had a few of the Legendary boxes on clearance for $50, so walked out of the store with it having paid only $30 :)

I would report it. I had a similar issue this summer when Target had the Back to the Future Blurays on sale for $15. The assistant manager implied I was trying to defraud them and all that. I wrote an email to corporate with his name saying how I felt insulted and explained what happened and I had a physical target ad with me. I got a call back from their store manager later that week apologizing and they ended up just giving me the bluray set for free. I accepted even though I never said anything about wanting anything, just expressed my disappointment since they insulted me.

[quote name='lordopus99']Also in the same boat, still backordered from 11/25.[/QUOTE]

patience.jpg

just called, was told there was nothing they could do and that it wasn't available for shipping. i don't know what i'm gonna do know. my bioshock 2 is still back ordered also.

I got one of these. I have no interest in the special code cards or the extras in the bundle itself. I just decided I'd buy back the game at a cheaper price after I had sold mine back to Amazon. If you bought it for the extras PM me and maybe we can figure something out.

The charges are showing up on my debit card transactions. I don't know if they've been there all along or if they just showed up because my orders for both Halo Reach Limited and STWFU II Collector's are about to ship. Anyone else?

[quote name='kingsnuff']I tried this today. Couldnt switch because the locator shows not in stock in my area even though I was standing in store holding the damn thing. I was told by the manager they couldnt switch it because the price would jump up to $50. Couldn't price match what I bought it at because I bought it on black friday (I 'm pretty sure it wasn't part of the sale, I didnt order until close to midnight friday into saturday) which kinda pushed my buttons. I didn't argue I just left as it wasnt my local BBY anyway. Just seems kinda stupid I buy a game at a low price, you tell me afterwards its backordered and I have to wait 2 weeks or cancel. I find it in store whereas your locator CANT a couple days later and you cant pricematch the price I paid/cancel my order? Whatever just venting and waiting for delivery.[/QUOTE]

Happened to me too.
I called them & told them to switch my order to in-store pick up after I saw a copy in-store (it wasn't showing up in the store locator). They told me they did that, BUT when I went, they said the computer was not updated yet, so they could not give it to me at that price. Apparently I was jerked around on the phone the first time.

Called again & got a nice lady who updated the order to show up on the computer & finally got the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back