Cloverfield Movie Thread - DVD Out on April 22nd

[quote name='slidecage']i(if i dont see the movie the first week it comes out then its not worth going to see)[/QUOTE]

Does the movie automatically suck after it's been out for a week?

To those that are going to see it tonight or in the near future... make sure to stay til' after the credits. There is a little something something there for you to "hear"...

Correct me if I'm wrong but it almost seems as if Lily does indeed make it out alive. I mean we can't know for sure obviously but she definetly gets in that first helicopter and they don't show us anything happening to it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']
Correct me if I'm wrong but it almost seems as if Lily does indeed make it out alive. I mean we can't know for sure obviously but she definetly gets in that first helicopter and they don't show us anything happening to it.
[/quote]

You can actually see a helicopter crashing into a building afer Hud and co take off- it's implied that she was on that chopper.

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']Does the movie automatically suck after it's been out for a week?[/QUOTE]

i figure if i havent seen it in the first week i can wait 2 or 3 weeks and catch it for a buck show.

I went anyways (got off work early)

BEST MOVIE OF 2008 RIGHT HERE..... will buy this movie first day it comes out on DVD

Also the sound at the end of the movie what are they saying ( my sound card went out so can someone post what they say)

love the little crab monsters. Best Fx since JP i would say

[quote name='slidecage']i figure if i havent seen it in the first week i can wait 2 or 3 weeks and catch it for a buck show.

I went anyways (got off work early)

BEST MOVIE OF 2008 RIGHT HERE..... will buy this movie first day it comes out on DVD

Also the sound at the end of the movie what are they saying ( my sound card went out so can someone post what they say)

love the little crab monsters. Best Fx since JP i would say[/QUOTE]

wait....your sound card.....you were watching it on your computer....FOR SHAME!

[quote name='slidecage']Also the sound at the end of the movie what are they saying ( my sound card went out so can someone post what they say)[/QUOTE]
This has been posted a couple times now...but just to make it easy for you:
The voice at the end says "It's still alive," in reverse. Listen here:
http://boomp3.com/m/bd034dfca370

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']this movie sucks hardcore. save your money. thank me later.

the best part was the hellboy 2 trailer[/QUOTE]
And yet most people disgree with you?

Wierd huh?

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']this movie sucks hardcore. save your money. thank me later.

the best part was the hellboy 2 trailer[/QUOTE]

will depend on your theather. no hellboy 2 here

some stupid fighting movie never back down or something
Ironman
and i think another lame preview

anyone notice the time and date disappear from the bottom of the screen. If they were taping non stop from the time the thing started I wonder where they got an 7 hour tape and an 7 hour battery.

another werid thing is when those two went out into the hallway to talk it was like 1130 and when it showed them coming back in to the room it was like 1 or 2 ..... so they spent 2 1/2 hours talking (doubtful)

I still say this will be the best thriller movie of 2008 i would go see it again
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
you sound like this dude at our theather. dude probally weight 400 pds and at the end of the show he got up and started yelling

DUde: This was the most retarded movie ever I demand my money and everyone elses money back.

DUde wouldnt move blocking the isle of about 15 people and someone finally told him to move his ass and maybe

KUNG FU PANDA

will be more of his liking

the whole theather busted into laughter

anyone see the cutout cardboard signs of that India dude night something

showed cars sitting empty along the road.... how badly his last movies flopped im shocked there is still studios that green light his movies

If you are 100% against un answered questions do not see this film
They dont tell you anything

Oh and for those that watched:
when seeing those little fuckers, did any one else think "GIANT ENEMY CRABS" or am I alone?

[quote name='anomynous']And yet most people disgree with you?

Wierd huh?[/quote]
poor taste...on their part? i don't know. i don't care. i'm just telling you it's a really shitty movie. it's called an opinion, dick.

[quote name='slidecage']

anyone notice the time and date disappear from the bottom of the screen. If they were taping non stop from the time the thing started I wonder where they got an 7 hour tape and an 7 hour battery.

[/quote]

I know this does not make up for the long recording but in the beginning where the text says where the camera was found, it says that the recording was recorded on an SD card.

Still it does not explain why the battery or SD card lasted so long

[quote name='JDUB X']I know this does not make up for the long recording but in the beginning where the text says where the camera was found, it says that the recording was recorded on an SD card.

Still it does not explain why the battery or SD card lasted so long[/QUOTE]

That is another werid thing. It says it was found on a SD CARD but that dude ask the person recording if he took out the old TAPE and was using another one

also dont see why the camera would make it the card would been destoryed i would think

could been worse.

the rip off MONSTER . half of the screen were black like they kept turning the camera on and off. though they did say they used 4 or 5 tapes and battiers in that show : )

2 GB card i think tapes 150 mins . so they would need around an 8 gb i guess would be big enough to hold 7+ hours

kind of sucks they just blasted though what happen to the people who got bit.

also why was the helicopters flying over the bombing LOL you would think they would flown the other way

the baby monsters were way cooler then the big one

[quote name='anomynous']And yet most people disgree with you?

Wierd huh?[/quote]

Like he said, it's his opinion. Just like him thinking My Chemical Romance is good enough to be an Avatar. Really, who other than 12 year old girls listen to that? I know my girlfriend's daughters stoped liking them when they hit 13.

Course that's our opinion too. :cool:

[quote name='JDUB X']I know this does not make up for the long recording but in the beginning where the text says where the camera was found, it says that the recording was recorded on an SD card.

Still it does not explain why the battery or SD card lasted so long[/QUOTE]
Just to be cautious, I'm gonna put this in spoiler tags:
First off, I actually found the bit where the video is identified as coming from a SD card to be a big discrepancy in the concept of the film. If it was an SD card, there would be no "taping over" of any of the earlier footage on the card. Cameras don't store video as one continuous stream on digital media cards...they store them as separate files, usually. If it was using DV tape, that might make sense, but SD, no. Not a huge deal, but still, worth mentioning.

Anyways, I don't see why people find the battery life thing to be such a big deal, or a plot problem with the movie. The camera recorded barely 75 minutes of footage, so it may have only been on for those 75 minutes. And if Rob's camera was supposed to be similar to the one used to actually film parts of the movie, the Panasonic HVX-200 (the Thomson Grass Valley Viper and Sony F23 were also used in filming the movie), well, those have battery lives of up to three hours. So, 75 minutes would be no problem (and there are certainly SD cards big enough to hold this much). The movie never provides evidence that Rob hasn't seen fit to invest several thousand dollars in a high-end prosumer camera, so since that possibility is there, there is not really a for-sure discrepancy regarding the camera and it's battery life.

[quote name='slidecage']That is another werid thing. It says it was found on a SD CARD but that dude ask the person recording if he took out the old TAPE and was using another one

[/quote]

I also found that to be strange. I wonder if he just said tape and just really meant SD card.

Like many things, I guess we will never know.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Just to be cautious, I'm gonna put this in spoiler tags:
First off, I actually found the bit where the video is identified as coming from a SD card to be a big discrepancy in the concept of the film. If it was an SD card, there would be no "taping over" of any of the earlier footage on the card. Cameras don't store video as one continuous stream on digital media cards...they store them as separate files, usually. If it was using DV tape, that might make sense, but SD, no. Not a huge deal, but still, worth mentioning.

Anyways, I don't see why people find the battery life thing to be such a big deal, or a plot problem with the movie. The camera recorded barely 75 minutes of footage, so it may have only been on for those 75 minutes. And if Rob's camera was supposed to be similar to the one used to actually film parts of the movie, the Panasonic HVX-200, well, those have battery lives of up to three hours. So, 75 minutes would be no problem (and there are certainly SD cards big enough to hold this much). The movie never provides evidence that Rob hasn't seen fit to invest several thousand dollars in a high-end prosumer camera, so since that possibility is there, there is not really a for-sure discrepancy regarding the camera and it's battery life.[/quote]

Yeah, Im right there with ya, I just have a hard time believeing that someone would really take the time to turn the Camera on and off during a Monster attack. I guess that is why it is a movie right?

[quote name='SithFran']Like he said, it's his opinion. Just like him thinking My Chemical Romance is good enough to be an Avatar. Really, who other than 12 year old girls listen to that? I know my girlfriend's daughters stoped liking them when they hit 13.

Course that's our opinion too. :cool:[/quote]

i bet you're really cool outside of message boards

I watched this earlier today and I really enjoyed it.

As expected, nearly half the theater booed when the movie ended. I'm guessing a lot of the people went into this expecting some epic monster flick a la Godzilla.

What surprises me is how much this movie cost to make. I've read around 30 million. The SFX in this movie are pretty good and realistic. How much did that turd of a movie, I am Legend, cost I wonder.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i bet you're really cool outside of message boards[/quote]

That's what my mom keeps telling me.

Chill guy, you're taking things too seriously.

Did anyone hear what the message was at the end after the credits?

was it
"Its still alive"? and who do you think said it?

Anyway, the movie was fantastic, it was the thrill ride of the year ( so far lol ). The people that didn't like this movie went in thinking it was going to be like godzilla and about the monster. This is NOT about the monster, but about a group of people in the city.

IMO, this movie DEFINETLY lives up to the hype

Saw it. Liked it. Definately don't go in thinking it's like Godzilla or something, cause it ain't....at all.

[quote name='JDUB X']Still it does not explain why the battery or SD card lasted so long[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JDUB X']I also found that to be strange. I wonder if he just said tape and just really meant SD card.[/QUOTE]

Incredibly unimportant details.

[quote name='evanft']Saw it. Liked it. Definately don't go in thinking it's like Godzilla or something, cause it ain't....at all.

Incredibly unimportant details.[/quote]
Well of course. I was just commenting on a conversation that was already occuring.

Anyway, can anyone confirm this Part from the Wikipedia entry?:

The movie then cuts to a scene from Rob and Beth enjoying their Coney Island date a month before. The lovers turn the camera towards the fairgrounds and the pier, and an object can be seen crashing into the sea on the right-hand horizon.[citation needed] The camera is turned back to Rob and Beth, still happy and carefree. Rob asks Beth to comment on her experience. Beth ends the film by saying, "I had a good day."

If this is true I did not notice it.

[quote name='JDUB X']Well of course. I was just commenting on a conversation that was already occuring.

The movie then cuts to a scene from Rob and Beth enjoying their Coney Island date a month before. The lovers turn the camera towards the fairgrounds and the pier, and an object can be seen crashing into the sea on the right-hand horizon.[citation needed] The camera is turned back to Rob and Beth, still happy and carefree. Rob asks Beth to comment on her experience. Beth ends the film by saying, "I had a good day."

If this is true I did not notice it.[/quote]

i definetly did not see that...i might go see it again, so ill look out for that

EDIT: I just remembered, for anyone thats been following the viral videos on youtube/myspace for cloverfield:
the girl passed out on the couch at the party is Jamie Lascano from the videos!

[quote name='JDUB X']Well of course. I was just commenting on a conversation that was already occuring.

If this is true I did not notice it.[/quote]

Yes it's true.

Just short of the horizon, you see a black object crash into the ocean making a splash. It doesn't seem big enough to be the monster, but... it may be reeeeally far away,

You guys read too far into shit. What is the problem with believing that it was just filmed. That's it. No more.

Honestly, I found the movie fulfilling. I expected it to be about the people, not the monster.

By the way...
That Lilly or whatever the other girl who was with them escape? She boarded the other helicopter, but did it get shot down? I dunno if I had missed it or not.

I really enjoyed it. It presented a feeling I did not get often and was one of the more "Funner" movies of 08. The ending was the definition of anti-climatic and there HAS to be a sequel. If there isnt, then i am unsatisfied

[quote name='linkpwns']You guys read too far into shit.[/QUOTE]
This is a JJ Abrams production, dude. It's impossible to read too far into it.

[quote name='ITDEFX']so no funny parts huh? all serious?[/quote]
Just go see it yourself. I was worried that I wouldn't like it or that I would be underwhelmed by the movie but seriously, I thought it was awesome. It's a fun movie so I don't think you'll regret spending a few bucks on it. I know I didn't.

I saw it today and loved every second of it.

If you go in expecting a masterpiece, you'll leave hating it.

But if you go in expecting what it is, a monster movie, you'll love it.

My favorite parts had to be the part where
the helicopter is spinning before it crashes and the night vision part in the tunnels.

[quote name='djkunai']Except for the flaming homeless guys.[/quote]

exactly.

Hud is the comic relief for the movie and its VERY EFFECTIVE. Hud says some things that are hilarious and everyone in the theatre would laugh.

[quote name='JJSP']I've got a Slusho t-shirt. :)[/quote]

I want to get one too, where'd you find yours. I've seen them on the net and ebaY for about $20, was hoping to find them at a retail store for cheaper.

Did you guys see in the extremely last scene where...
Rob was on the train with the girl, and a pod flew into the ocean... that's where the monster is from. Sillys.

[quote name='linkpwns']Did you guys see in the extremely last scene where...
Rob was on the train with the girl, and a pod flew into the ocean... that's where the monster is from. Sillys.
[/QUOTE]
They were on a ferris wheel, not a train. And that wasn't a pod containing the monster; it was a piece of a satellite. You'll only know what that's about if you dig through the viral ad sites.

bread's done
Back