Club Bing thread 4 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='The93owner']What's the academic version of the Zune? o_O never heard of it before.[/QUOTE]

I think he means the academic version of Office 2007, though I got the full one when I redeemed for it back in April.

[quote name='GuyLee']Someone on slickdeals got an order confirmation for a 6/6 Vista.[/QUOTE]

Woot? So do I get my confirmation tomorrow then? hehe

[quote name='meatwad3000']yeah Shafted is correct , the 30 GB zunes are most likely refurbs or academic edition since they don't have as high of a resell value.

I'm really close to a 30GB zune but I'm ordering it for one of my parents since they've been wanting a MP3 player for awhile and I have no need for a zune[/QUOTE]

I got one last summer. They're the same as the retail ones.

Well the packages were not mine as they didn't show up today. But they would have been a week early if they were. Not that I would have minded that. lol I guess there's someone else in my city playing CB after all.

Turns out whatever game that was coming to my city wasn't mine either.
Waiting on pgr4 6/4 and play and charge kit 6/11 on different accounts.

That 1.00 lb package, sig required, that was scheduled to arrive today (probably a controller but I didn't order one) is still on the tracker...it was updated an hour ago. Do USPS orders show up on the tracker? I'm waiting for my flashlight, which was shipped via USPS yesterday and would like to know when to expect it..

Gave my mom a KitchenAid Timer as a small gift today. The timer is REALLY nice - high quality. Color is black. I would recommend this as a gift for anyone who's into cooking. :applause:

[quote name='The93owner']That 1.00 lb package, sig required, that was scheduled to arrive today (probably a controller but I didn't order one) is still on the tracker...it was updated an hour ago. Do USPS orders show up on the tracker? I'm waiting for my flashlight, which was shipped via USPS yesterday and would like to know when to expect it..[/QUOTE]

UPS only. USPS can't be tracked through that website.

[quote name='major morgan']UPS only. USPS can't be tracked through that website.[/QUOTE]
Okay thanks. About how long does it usually take for those of you who have received prizes via USPS?

[quote name='caralisia']Gave my mom a KitchenAid Timer as a small gift today. The timer is REALLY nice - high quality. Color is black. I would recommend this as a gift for anyone who's into cooking. :applause:[/QUOTE]
Confirmation email?

The tracking site listed 1 item being delivered, but I haven't receive anything. It might not be mine or the UPS guy might be done for today. Report back tomorrow.

originally posted by cin8412 : I think he means the academic version of Office 2007, though I got the full one when I redeemed for it back in April.

Actually I beileve it was a student edition zune , it was a solid red color and the box said student edition on it.

[quote name='cin84_12']I think he means the academic version of Office 2007, though I got the full one when I redeemed for it back in April.[/QUOTE]

Microsoft does offer "Academic editions" of Zune hardware.

Here's the 120GB AE version,
http://www.microsoft.journeyed.com/itemDetail.asp?itmNo=90161474

The box looks something like this,
90719796.jpg

It's the same as the retail version but the AE designation depresses the resale value.

[quote name='dtownindian']Yeah, so i got my xbox 360 yesterday, and immediately got a trade offer for a wii. I'm taking it. What do y'all think?[/QUOTE]
What condition is the Wii in? I'd take it if it was new, because a new Wii is definitely worth more than a refurbished 20 gig 360.

You could probably resell the Wii and buy a newer 360 if you really wanted to.

[quote name='dtownindian']Yeah, so i got my xbox 360 yesterday, and immediately got a trade offer for a wii. I'm taking it. What do y'all think?[/QUOTE]

Just be honest and forthright about how you got it and tell them that all sales are final. But yeah, that's a hell of a trade, IMO.

[quote name='dtownindian']Yeah, so i got my xbox 360 yesterday, and immediately got a trade offer for a wii. I'm taking it. What do y'all think?[/QUOTE]have fun playing games designed for 5 year olds.

if I already had the 360 i'd trade it for the wii in a heartbeat but that's only because I already have a xbox360 >__> if I didn't however i'd keep the 360 since I feel it's the better console

[quote name='kaydensmom69']have fun playing games designed for 5 year olds.[/QUOTE]

I know this is getting off topic, but I am really sick and tired of dumping on the Wii. Both the Wii and 360 have a handful of very good exclusive games t, and enough of them to keep someone busy for a while. Where the 360 has the Wii beat is in the quality of the cross platform games, but even then the PC version, not the 360 version, is usually the best. Sure some of the very worst games known to mankind have come out on the Wii, but I don't think anyone on CAG was going to accidentally pick up one of those expecting a good game. In short if you judge just on the best games, those a CAG might actually play, the Wii is a fun console. Of course if you care more about boosting your gamer score than actually playing the games disregard this and buy a 360.

And now back to the discussion of why none of us are receiving prizes anymore.....

A_Gamer posted a pretty good theory as to what's going on elsewhere, maybe he would like to share it here.

Advice needed: I have 3 accounts with prizes that I ordered to the same addresses, but the prizes have not been processed yet. On another account I made just to get a Zune, I'm about 10 days away from ordering that Zune. Should I wait until all the dust is cleared to order the Zune or does it not matter?

[quote name='GuyLee']Advice needed: I have 3 accounts with prizes that I ordered to the same addresses, but the prizes have not been processed yet. On another account I made just to get a Zune, I'm about 10 days away from ordering that Zune. Should I wait until all the dust is cleared to order the Zune or does it not matter?[/QUOTE]
Wait until everything is cleared up or send it to a friends address who has never used bing. I'm currently building one of my other accounts up until this mess is cleared up. Just hold out.

You think my Zune account is in any danger right at this moment? I know it's all guesses, but I'm still curious about what others think.

[quote name='GuyLee']You think my Zune account is in any danger right at this moment? I know it's all guesses, but I'm still curious about what others think.[/QUOTE]
I don't think it is in danger, but don't order it the same address that you ordered your other prizes at the moment. Things are very shaky right now as you can probably tell.

One of the theories is that if you had two accounts and gained points on them on the same day, you're flagged when you try to order something on the 2nd account after ordering on the first to the same address.

I wish they'd explain the rules better. What exactly does the 'using more than one Live ID to avoid restrictions' really mean? What happens if we completely max out an account? Are we never allowed to use Club Bing again? Wouldn't we need to make a new account then? Doesn't make any sense. Why are they cracking down all of a sudden anyway?

I agree that guy is a total douche and he's ruining the site for legitimate players. Now I'm gonna have to wait out on ordering the Zune I planned on ordering in a couple days X_X

That video reminds me of the pics people were posting when we were raping and pillaging Pepsi Stuff. That guy probably made $1,000+. I've seen a guy who had something like 50 controllers and 15-20 Vista Ultimates.

apparantly you guys cannot read none absolutely no talk of this if you cannot obey that get out of the thread b4 it gets locked

this question is for anyone who ordered a zune and received it already

what color was it?

has anyone ever gotten a pink one?

Grrrrrrr.

I had been playing 3 accounts at a time, ordered and received first 3 prizes, but now waiting on the following:

Gears of War ordered 5/31
Tool Kit ordered 6/1
SceneIt? 2 ordered 6/6
Vista Ultimate ordered 6/7
Forza 2 ordered 6/7

Anyone else get any of those prizes ordered around the same time? I have checked and nothing on the shipping site and no shipping email.

[quote name='cin84_12']I wish they'd explain the rules better. What exactly does the 'using more than one Live ID to avoid restrictions' really mean? What happens if we completely max out an account? Are we never allowed to use Club Bing again? Wouldn't we need to make a new account then? Doesn't make any sense. Why are they cracking down all of a sudden anyway?[/QUOTE]

The reason they are cracking down is simple, some idiots are ordering hundreds of copies of vista just to resell it, and Microsoft is tired of it. They haven't been successful in preventing those people from earning tickets, so now they are trying to keep them from redeeming those tickets. I agree however that the TOS are purposely unclear.

We know that the volume of prizes shipping is way down thanks to the tracking site, and we know that this is hitting everyone including legit players. The theory which best explains this goes something like the following (credit to A_Gamer): when they check your address for compliance with the 1/household rule they are now checking for other accounts that have had prizes shipped to the same address to see whether they earned tickets on any of the same days, and if so flagging both accounts.

If true, people SHOULD raise a stink about this as the TOS have never limited accounts to one per household, nor have they said only one account per household may earn tickets in a day, just one per person. In order to justify such an action based on the current TOS they would have to be able to prove that multiple accounts were being used by the same person on the same day, and that can't be done using server logs or any other information the games can transmit. Of course that's why they also have language in the TOS that they can screw you any time they feel like it (note the word suspected, not proved).

"Microsoft reserves the right to withhold tickets, prizes, and charitable donations from any user suspected of activities that violate the Terms or are otherwise unlawful."

[quote name='kvadair']The reason they are cracking down is simple, some idiots are ordering hundreds of copies of vista just to resell it, and Microsoft is tired of it.
[/QUOTE]
[snip]

It's a video of what some people do to Club Bing and possibly why we all have to suffer. I'd post the youtube link, but it embeds the video automatically.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kvadair']The reason they are cracking down is simple, some idiots are ordering hundreds of copies of vista just to resell it, and Microsoft is tired of it. They haven't been successful in preventing those people from earning tickets, so now they are trying to keep them from redeeming those tickets. I agree however that the TOS are purposely unclear.

We know that the volume of prizes shipping is way down thanks to the tracking site, and we know that this is hitting everyone including legit players. The theory which best explains this goes something like the following (credit to A_Gamer): when they check your address for compliance with the 1/household rule they are now checking for other accounts that have had prizes shipped to the same address to see whether they earned tickets on any of the same days, and if so flagging both accounts.

If true, people SHOULD raise a stink about this as the TOS have never limited accounts to one per household, nor have they said only one account per household may earn tickets in a day, just one per person. In order to justify such an action based on the current TOS they would have to be able to prove that multiple accounts were being used by the same person on the same day, and that can't be done using server logs or any other information the games can transmit. Of course that's why they also have language in the TOS that they can screw you any time they feel like it (note the word suspected, not proved).

"Microsoft reserves the right to withhold tickets, prizes, and charitable donations from any user suspected of activities that violate the Terms or are otherwise unlawful."[/QUOTE]

Microsoft will now lose back that market share gain on Google in regards to searches. Cracking down is not a wise idea. There are only a few people who actually abuse the system. Most of us don't have time to do what this guy does. Club Bing will close shop soon, thanks to the new rules.

If you say so. Basically it's a video of some guy that got stacks, actual stacks, of prizes from Bing. What we do here at CAG--multiple accounts, multiple addresses--is absolutely nothing (and is/was according to the ToS).

Well people on another site thought they were smart with an address trick and i think that error in judgment has lead to this. I'm gonna wait and see if my stuff from June arrives, but if not...then I'm done. :) an extra hour a day hmm what to do lol

hey guys, I'm receiving Sceneit? 2 and too human on the 14th, and I've received a deck of cards, pens, windows controller, white 360 controller, and black 360 controller, will post pics when they come

How in the world did he get them to the same address though, wouldn't Microsoft find out that 50 earbuds were ordered to the same address?

Anyways after I get my flashlight I'm probably done with Bing anyways.

MS should know, but I guess they aren't scrupulous enough to catch something so obvious, yet they will take on people who use a couple accounts. UPS should have picked up on it, as well, and done something.

Oh, and let's not talk about ordering so many to the same address. It's against the Bing ToS (or should be) and it's illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back