Club Bing thread 5 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Anyone have experience with the Ogio bags? Looks like a good bag to carry around my stuff for the gym.[/QUOTE]

they are pretty handy and seem pretty durable, I use it to carry my games when I go to a friends house or what not, it should be good for gym purposes :cool:

[quote name='killer9']eww gi joe really lol[/QUOTE]

while GI Joe was a terrible movie at least this means we maybe have some hope for them to add more recent movies, all the other movies they added were at least a year or two old, GI Joe is only a couple months old.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Anyone have experience with the Ogio bags? Looks like a good bag to carry around my stuff for the gym.[/QUOTE]

I got one of the blue ones this past summer. In terms of quality it's a good bag. To me though, it's a relatively small duffel bag. There isn't a whole lot of room to spare after I put in a pair of jeans, any shirt that isn't a t-shirt, socks, boxers and a pair of size 12 shoes (or toiletry bag) - without smashing/wrinkling my clothes into every crevice, of course ;).

If you plan on using this as a gym bag to carry only 1 change of clothes (that aren't too bulky) and a pair of shoes, it should be more than fine then. The front pocket is only a little bigger than to fit an ipod, so just don't expect much else there.

[quote name='neverletthem']Got the camera today, ordered 12/11[/QUOTE]

was it black? because if they were random colors i'd be mad if i got blue

[quote name='killer9']just got shipping info for the sony camera and flashlight no hand blender yet[/QUOTE]

is the flashlight still "billing received" for you on the ups site or did it ship? because mine has been at billing recieved since friday

Got a delivery slip for my play and charge kit from 12/11, still missing my toaster oven from late November though :(

[quote name='freightliner']is the flashlight still "billing received" for you on the ups site or did it ship? because mine has been at billing recieved since friday[/QUOTE]

nope mine is being delivered 12-14

[quote name='cyberduelist2']anyone order the oven awhile back? i ordered it on 11/29 and still nothing..[/QUOTE]

Ordered 11/23, shipped on 12/22. Maybe they're backordered?

I don't know if this is the topic for this forum, but if anyone can help me out, it'd be great.
I'm doing this one Chicktionary puzzle and for the life of me cannot get the last word. The main word is "VERANDA". It's missing a 5-letter word. These are the words I got already (anear, arena, daven, drave, raved, raven, redan, vanda, vaned, varna). It wouldn't take DENAR, NAVAR.
I looked up anagram sites and nothing helps. I've run into puzzles with weird words before, but this one really stumps me. If anyone know the answer, I would REALLY appreciate it.

[quote name='julie']I don't know if this is the topic for this forum, but if anyone can help me out, it'd be great.
I'm doing this one Chicktionary puzzle and for the life of me cannot get the last word. The main word is "VERANDA". It's missing a 5-letter word. These are the words I got already (anear, arena, daven, drave, raved, raven, redan, vanda, vaned, varna). It wouldn't take DENAR, NAVAR.
I looked up anagram sites and nothing helps. I've run into puzzles with weird words before, but this one really stumps me. If anyone know the answer, I would REALLY appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

Prolly a bugged puzzle, just give up take the 19 tickets and move on they put them in there to mess with bots, even though bots have ways around bugged puzzles

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Prolly a bugged puzzle, just give up take the 19 tickets and move on they put them in there to mess with bots, even though bots have ways around bugged puzzles (or so I've heard...:cool:)[/QUOTE]

Couldn't he just ask for a hint? Search page refreshes, and usually the word that the anagram de-puzzlers don't have is like the first or send searched item...

I've had to do that to 3 puzzles when trying to figure out a few words.

[quote name='julie']I don't know if this is the topic for this forum, but if anyone can help me out, it'd be great.
I looked up anagram sites and nothing helps. I've run into puzzles with weird words before, but this one really stumps me. If anyone know the answer, I would REALLY appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
It is a 'broken' puzzle. The reason is that the Bing profanity filter is not allowing you to search for the last word(s) needed. It would seem that the people making the puzzles are not using the same word filter to check their puzzles. Also, the 3 anagrams puzzles are not using the same filters, so what may work for one (ex Chick) but not on another (ex Slugger). Keep in mind that their filter has some very odd words in it, including some foreign or slang terms. View the source of the Club Bing Profanity XML page to get an idea of how many words are filtered, and the odd wild-cards being applied.

Examples:

- WHOPPER cannot be solved because you cannot 'search' on the term WHORE.
- BEWITCH and COHABIT cannot be solved because can't enter BITCH.
- SEXTANT does not work because you can't use any words starting with SEX...

Here is my list of 'broken' puzzle words: AMATEUR, ANYBODY, BEWITCH, COHABIT, CONDEMN, COUNTRY, DUDGEON, DURABLE, HEROISM, HOSTESS, HUNDRED, LEGIBLE, OCTAGON, OPENING, PARTAKE, POLECAT, PRAIRIE, PRODIGY, ROUNDUP, SEXTANT, SURPASS, THUNDER, TOPPING, TOWPATH, UNHEARD, VERANDA, WHATNOT, WHEREOF, WHOPPER.

Same thing happened to me, possibly on the same puzzle, even. I tried for about twenty minutes to solve it before finally gaving up. Still got nineteen tickets for it, though, nine of which I ended up donating to the Humane Society (couldn't stand the odd number staring at me every night).

Yeah I hate the odd number as well... But you should just get used to it, because it happens enough, that you'll be donating a lot of tickets, but that's not a bad thing. =D

Actually, if you skip a puzzle with one word missing every day, you can get 1024 tickets... Play whatever games you like until you get 999 tickets for the day, and then play one last game of Flexicon (25 tickets). Admittedly not much more on a daily basis, and every 5 days you would end up on a nice round number and 120 extra tickets... ;)

I got my shipping confirmation for the Play and Charge kit that I ordered on 12/13. It's coming in on 1/18.

[quote name='GamerKingFaiz']Yeah I hate the odd number as well... But you should just get used to it, because it happens enough, that you'll be donating a lot of tickets, but that's not a bad thing. =D[/QUOTE]

Well, I've maxed out Chicktionary, Word Slugger, and Spelling Bee, and I'm currently 6,000 tickets into Flexicon, and it's only happened to me the one time. There have been a few instance where the anagram solver wouldn't give me all the words, but save that one time it's been limited strictly to three-letter ones, which I was able to solve easily on my own. Some words that don't come back on the solver website but register as words for the games, off the top of my head, are kev, von, and vin.

Has anybody got shipping confirmation for a wireless 360 headset ordered around 12/5? That's the only thing of mine that hasn't shipped so possibly back ordered?

I know some people on here have had issues with the prizes they've received being damaged and I was wondering how you handled it. I got the Sony camera yesterday and upon powering up, the lens got stuck out and the screen says to turn the power off and back on. This doesn't help -- the message just repeats each time it is powered up.

Inside the box there's a message that says to contact Sony rather than returning the device to the "store", but I haven't called the number yet. Before I do, I was just wondering how others handled issues with their prizes.

[quote name='free_willy']I know some people on here have had issues with the prizes they've received being damaged and I was wondering how you handled it.
...[/QUOTE]
For all tech items (GPS, console, cameras, etc) you are better off if you contact the manufacturer direct first. Use your Club Bing shipping/tracking email as your receipt.

If that fails, or for the 'commodity' items (books, DVDs, trinkets, etc), contact Club Bing Email or submit a request via the Feedback Form. However, if they don't have the prize in stock any more, they will refund you the tickets, which is probably not what you want.

[quote name='A Gamer']For all tech items (GPS, console, cameras, etc) you are better off if you contact the manufacturer direct first. Use your Club Bing shipping/tracking email as your receipt.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I'll try this first.

I really wish I would have found out about Club Bing sooner... This is awesome =D. On a side note, one of the cat/dog pictures I had pop up looked like two men hugging, no animal anywhere in the picture. lol. As much as the pictures screamed, 'these men are obviously pu*****', I figured Bing did not intend this to be a cat reference.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']For anybody who has received the Sony camera, is it refurbished because I plan to sell mine so a refurb could cause some problems.[/QUOTE]

What kind of problems would it cause? Just curious.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']For anybody who has received the Sony camera, is it refurbished because I plan to sell mine so a refurb could cause some problems.[/QUOTE]

My wife opened it before I got home, but as far as I know it was in the original packaging -- not sure how else to tell if it was a refurb.

I did contact Sony about the lens being stuck on mine, and they said it's under warranty. I have to ship it to Texas with the order confirmation, shipping confirmation, and a service form they emailed me. Even though I have to pay to ship it there, I'm sure it will be better than waiting on Club Bing to handle it. They said it should take about 7-10 business days for the repair.

[quote name='kingofpittsburgh']less profit for that scumbag[/QUOTE]

Yes, cause selling something makes you a scumbag.....

[quote name='Shuino']Yes, cause selling something makes you a scumbag.....[/QUOTE]
Well if it is a refurb I would list it as a refurb. If I sell it as new and it turns out to be a refurb (like somebody on ebay would know) I could get screwed out of some money. So yea it does matter whether it is a refurb or not. How would you like if you bought something listed as new at it turned out to be refurbished?

Got the camera and GPS today. Haven't fooled around with the GPS yet, because it's my first, and I want to examine the manual before I dive headfirst into it. Glad to have it, though, because I'm terrible on directions, and I'm hoping it will give me added confidence on road trips. Who knows? I may start visiting my brother more than once a month now.

Anyway, the camera is awesome. First off, mine is black, so I guess they are sending out an assortment of colors. Very small, but the screen is huge, taking up nearly all of the rear side. Doesn't appear to be a refurb from what I can tell (no stickers on the packaging or product, and the box and all its components appeared intact), and it works absolutely perfectly. I'm absolutely blown away by the quality and functionality, but then again, my last camera was a Casio 6 megapixel that couldn't record film. Also wasn't expecting it to have a lithium batter, and I love having a rechargeable power source instead of burning through AAs constantly.

On a related note, Monday's my birthday, and I'm expecting a 16GB pro duo for my PSP, at which point my current 4GB card will be put in this thing permanently; I'll be set for a while when it comes to capturing memories, I think. Very, very happy. Anyone on the fence on this who needs a camera, redeem it immediately.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Well if it is a refurb I would list it as a refurb. If I sell it as new and it turns out to be a refurb (like somebody on ebay would know) I could get screwed out of some money. So yea it does matter whether it is a refurb or not. How would you like if you bought something listed as new at it turned out to be refurbished?[/QUOTE]

Yes I know, I was agreeing with you before I was using sarcasm with the guy who called you a scumbag.

When I play the chicktionary types of games on my new laptop I periodically run into a problem. Sometimes when a new game starts I am not able to type in the letters, I am only able to click on the letters. If I type nothing happens. If I close the window and open it back up it works fine. It happens a couple times each time I play. Anyone know what the deal is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back