Club Bing thread 5 absolutely no macro bot auto typer cheating return fraud talk !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='louiedog']...
Although, it probably isn't a good idea to talk about sending prizes to imaginary people. That's sort of dumb.[/QUOTE]
Actually, it isn't just sort of dumb -- it is Mail Fraud. Although I doubt UPS/USPS is going to notice/care about a handful of Bing prizes.

[quote name='A Gamer']Actually, it isn't just sort of dumb -- it is Mail Fraud. Although I doubt UPS/USPS is going to notice/care about a handful of Bing prizes.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is mail fraud. I was referring to discussing it here. It probably isn't a good idea. There are other places for that.

[quote name='koji126']Yeah, I did follow the instructions. I just don't think my wireless receiver is getting any power at all. The light on the receiver should at least turn green when connected to a power supply via usb. Tried it on my 360 also and another laptop.[/QUOTE]

I got one that did the same after a couple of months.

Ended up just giving the controller to my boy to use with his xbox 360

Come on guys, all you had to say was: If you want multiple accounts either ship them to other addresses, or to other people in your house.

Back on topic, I am 500pts away from the camera for my brother, if it goes away before the reset I'm gonna lose it.

Funny... I did not see any mention of "bot auto typers any kind of cheating device for club bing no return fraud talk". So, from what I saw, all of the posts were fine.

Nor did I see anyone saying anything about how to commit any kind of fraud, so this forum will be fine, too (i.e. there is nothing posted that the mods need to worry about).

What I did see is someone post that they were considering using fictitious names to order prizes, which I pointed out was actually Mail Fraud (just FYI, that is something quite different from return fraud). My post was to indicate that people should NOT use fictitious names when ordering anything (Bing or otherwise) because they _could_ get in trouble with their local or federal law enforcement agencies.

[quote name='jlewis13']ok to get things on topic anyone get their extra tickets[/QUOTE]
It usually takes a couple days. I would expect to see them show up on Monday?

[quote name='killer9']mail fraud talk is in there let me fix that for you[/QUOTE]
I think you misunderstand why the rule is in place. Please check with a mod before you get on your high horse. Posting that what someone is thinking about doing is not allowed by law (i.e. they indicated that they are considering doing something that unknown to them is actually committing Mail Fraud) is quite different from posting instructions on how to commit/get away with it. The former will prevent someone from doing something stupid, the latter could get the forum in trouble. They are very different.

And, just FYI, your OP is probably in violation of the Bing ToS, and thus probably against your own rules.

Your post:
[quote name='killer9']Multiple Accounts FAQ

Can I have Multiple Accounts?
yes

How Many Accounts Can I Make?
unlimited

Can I get tickets for all my accounts on the same day?
yes[/QUOTE]

Bing ToS:
You may not use more than one Windows Live™ ID to avoid restrictions or other limitations on Activities, tickets, prizes or the Program.

Source: http://www.clubbing.com/Pages/About/TermsAndConditions.aspx

Having multiple Bing/Live accounts is considered as a form of cheating by Bing, and will get the accounts flagged.

[quote name='killer9']happy a gamer fixed it[/QUOTE]
I really don't care either way... You were the one that appeared to be getting all riled up??? I just wanted to clarify that nothing posted was going to be a problem for the mods (i.e. no threat to the forum), and that your OP/FAQ was probably a contributing factor in the discussion at hand. If you have a problem with my posts, feel free to report them to a mod.

I have a question for you guys. I started a second account because my first one ran out of puzzles for flexicon. Well I finally ordered something off of my second account and I have not received it yet. If my second account gets flagged does my other account get flagged too?

I wasn't using both accounts at the same time so I don't see how this is cheating or why my account should be flagged. Also I didn't order any of the same prizes either.

[quote name='laurem7734']I have a question for you guys. I started a second account because my first one ran out of puzzles for flexicon. Well I finally ordered something off of my second account and I have not received it yet. If my second account gets flagged does my other account get flagged too?

I wasn't using both accounts at the same time so I don't see how this is cheating or why my account should be flagged. Also I didn't order any of the same prizes either.[/QUOTE]
Yes. IF your second account got flagged for violating the ToS, then your first one did, too.

Please note that there is a big 'IF' there. It can be difficult to tell if or when an account is actually flagged. Often times fulfillment requests (i.e. what Bing sends to Arvato after the 29-to-32 day validation period) end up on the 'back-order pile' and get filled at some seemingly random date within the 12 week period. So, I would not assume your account has been flagged, even if the same prizes are shipping to other people, unless it has been more than 12 weeks since you ordered. At that point you can email Bing and ask where your prize is. They will either tell you that you violated the ToS, or resubmit the order for immediate fulfillment (or refund the tickets if the prize is no longer available).

The ToS indicates that you cannot use more than one account to avoid the ticket limits, so if you ever used them on the same day (which would be midnight-to-midnight GMT/UTC - or reset-to-reset) then it would be a direct violation of the ToS. You did not indicate if there was any 'wait period' from when you stopped using one account and when you started using the second. Back in Aug I tested this and was able to retire one account, wait a couple days, and then create a new one (i.e. I was not violating the ToS) and received prizes to the same name/address from both.

However, Bing keeps getting more and more restrictive as far as enforcing the rules. A year ago one could order with many accounts to the same name/address/email without any problems. Then in June they changed it so that any accounts that were active on the same day and ordered to the same location were flagged. And, from what I am hearing/reading, they may now be flagging accounts if they can link them to the same person, even if they are not actively gaining tickets on the same days? Not to mention that there is speculation that Bing is actually black-listing addresses for people that flagrantly violated the ToS.

At this point I would recommend that people only have one account per person at any single shipping address.

Just redeemed for the Scrabble game, I really hope they don't add a 360 any time soon since I've been spending my tickets a lot lately and wouldn't be ready.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Just redeemed for the Scrabble game, I really hope they don't add a 360 any time soon since I've been spending my tickets a lot lately and wouldn't be ready.[/QUOTE]

I hope they add it, its what I've been waiting for.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Just redeemed for the Scrabble game, I really hope they don't add a 360 any time soon since I've been spending my tickets a lot lately and wouldn't be ready.[/QUOTE]

Hope your luck is better than mine, it is usually right after I spend my tickets that something great is put up (like the Camcorder, man I wish I got that :cry:)

I think this has been asked before, but I can't find it. How do you get your Xbox to recognize the external hard drive? I've used a flash drive on it for years, but it won't recognize the external so I can play a video.

How do you get your XBox to play any video? Most of the times it will tell me it doesn't have the codec to play back anything other than like uncompressed AVI from a digital camera.

[quote name='cin84_12']I think this has been asked before, but I can't find it. How do you get your Xbox to recognize the external hard drive? I've used a flash drive on it for years, but it won't recognize the external so I can play a video.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure the Xbox 360 doesn't recognize the NTFS file system that your hard drive is probably running. Flash drives tend to be formatted FAT32 because they're not very large.

You can try reformatting your drive. Keep in mind there will be limitations, like a file size limit of 4 GB and you may not be able to use the entire drive.

So, the Kitchen Aid gadgets came in on Friday and I couldn't be happier. They're very nice and were very worth the tickets I spent on them. I haven't actually used them yet, but they look very sturdy and solid. If they come back and you could use them I wouldn't hesitate to snag them.

Have they updated anyone's totals from the other day yet? The last two times, I got it within 24 hours... this time, nothing yet.

[quote name='MaicoWin']How do you get your XBox to play any video? Most of the times it will tell me it doesn't have the codec to play back anything other than like uncompressed AVI from a digital camera.[/QUOTE]

you can use http://tversity.com/ to stream videos to your xbox from your pc. plays most of the stuff you can throw at it.

also you can download the pro version for free.

Doesn't the 360 support divx or xvid or both now? Well, by now I mean as of an update like 18 months ago. You just have to be signed into xbox live to download it when you try to play a file. I don't know if x264 is supported. I do know for sure they updated to include more, let's say internet friendly codecs. I haven't used it much because I use an HTPC to watch stuff on my TV. No need to use both the PC and 360.

Is anyone else having problems with the cat pictures? No matter how many times I pick the cats and push submit it just puts more pics up. :bomb:

[quote name='cllfrank']Is anyone else having problems with the cat pictures? No matter how many times I pick the cats and push submit it just puts more pics up. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Quit out of IE, or possibly even rebooting your computer, should fix it. I get that every once in a while. Not sure what causes it to happen, so I reboot my system, clear the IE cache and then everything works fine again.

Just got Iron Man DVD today, a bit surprised since I didn't know the UPS delivered on MLK Day. I ordered it on 12/15/09 so that would mean it took 37 days to get it. It weighs .24 lbs if anyone cares about weights for this anymore.

[quote name='RockMySocks10']Just got Iron Man DVD today, a bit surprised since I didn't know the UPS delivered on MLK Day. I ordered it on 12/15/09 so that would mean it took 37 days to get it. It weighs .24 lbs if anyone cares about weights for this anymore.[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm supposed to get my play and charge kit today, I was surprised when I realized it was a holiday.

I just got my Digital Camera today, order it 12/17.

I Also just redeemed the Dome Bag. Needed a new carry bag for the gun range and for only 4600 tickets, I thought I'd try the bag out.

Ordered the Guess Watch for my wife one month ago today and just waiting on the shipping email.

Anyone else get the watch? It doesn't seem like it's all that popular of a prize so I was hoping it would process sooner.

Anybody waiting on an xboz 360 wireless headset ordered more than a month ago? One of mine came but the other is MIA. Just checking to see if they are backordered or if I am fucked.

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Anybody waiting on an xboz 360 wireless headset ordered more than a month ago? One of mine came but the other is MIA. Just checking to see if they are backordered or if I am fucked.[/QUOTE]

I order one a bit ago and I got mine no problem.

[quote name='sangredekrazy']Ordered the Guess Watch for my wife one month ago today and just waiting on the shipping email.

Anyone else get the watch? It doesn't seem like it's all that popular of a prize so I was hoping it would process sooner.[/QUOTE]
Bing waits about a month before they actually verify/validate the order and submit it to Avarto for fulfillment. This is most likely to catch people trying to cheat during the month after they submitted their order.

Right now, Avarto is keeping up with the fulfillment requests, so most prizes are shipping out as soon as the requests are received from Bing. There are a few exceptions -- when popular prizes get back-ordered (which tend to ship at some seemingly random later date, long after they have resumed fulfilling current orders), as well as the voted prizes (which often take an extra month). But generally speaking, prizes are shipping about 29-to-32 calendar days from when they were ordered, perhaps a bit longer now because of the holiday breaks.

Order placed 12/13 shipped on Thu 1/14. And nothing shipped on Friday (odd?). So, I would assume orders from 12/14 will be shipping today?

[quote name='iiinightmar3ii']Anybody waiting on an xboz 360 wireless headset ordered more than a month ago? One of mine came but the other is MIA. Just checking to see if they are backordered or if I am fucked.[/QUOTE]
My headsets shipped. They were obviously back-ordered and filled en-mass on 12/23 and 12/28. It is entirely possible that they are still having issues filling all of those orders, so I would not assume the worst just yet... ;)

Ordered a small-ticket prize last night on the second account, no e-mail notice about the prize redemption being confirmed. Just ordered something on my main account, and there was an immediate e-mail notice about redeeming the prize. Don't know why the second one didn't get an e-mail, but I'll keep you posted about what happens.

I still haven't gotten mine, but I also haven't gotten a bunch of other things, which leads me to assume that I've been flagged... =(

And wow, I can't believe they added a music CD, lol.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Ordered the quick charge kit. Really been needing one of these.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, and it comes with 1 battery pack talk about a deal ticket wise :)

Hi,
If anyone orders Bolt or Up, or any Disney movie and is not using the code inside, can I have it? Thank you so much!

(I hope I'm not breaking any rules by asking this)

I just ordered the Quick Charge Kit. Very nice for the number of tickets they're asking for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back