Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did an intend to buy survey for DQIX but didn't get the extra 10 coins when I registered it. Do they give it to you for the post play survey?

Just got an email from nintendo telling me that I needed to get off my ass and choose my elite status reward. I placed the order and got confirmation on day 1.

With as many system issues as they were having that day, you guys might want to go to the website and confirm that your stuff is taken care of too.

I finally quit being lazy and registered my DSi for 160 coins and ordered a set of Hanafuda cards.

I bought the DSi Mario Bundle, is there anyway I can redeem the games that came with it for coins? Games were Mario vs DK and Dr Mario.

[quote name='icedrake523']I finally quit being lazy and registered my DSi for 160 coins and ordered a set of Hanafuda cards.

I bought the DSi Mario Bundle, is there anyway I can redeem the games that came with it for coins? Games were Mario vs DK and Dr Mario.[/QUOTE]

Register DSiware with your Club Nintendo account and they may show up...

[quote name='foltzie']Register DSiware with your Club Nintendo account and they may show up...[/QUOTE]

They are not on the account though. They are preinstalled.

I would think that they don't count towards coins, but I may be wrong.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']They are not on the account though. They are preinstalled.

I would think that they don't count towards coins, but I may be wrong.[/QUOTE]

Hence the may. My DSiWare purchases show up automatically... So its a Nintendo call, but the only way it might work is to link your DSi to your CN account.

Definitely want the statue, but now I have a growing problem of 2750 total coins, and 280 for the 'year' with all the back surveys I had, I should NEVER have a problem with getting Platinum every year.

The pre-installed DSi ware doesn't show up on my Club Nintendo account which kinda sucks.

My Hanafuda cards came earlier this week. Came in strong packaging, not a bubble mailer.

The cards come in a hard case with Mario's face. Inside there's a think cardboard box that holds them. I didn't open it since you have to rip a perforation and I'm not sure I want to do that. I'm glad I got them, definitely the most unique item they offer.

[quote name='icedrake523']The pre-installed DSi ware doesn't show up on my Club Nintendo account which kinda sucks.

My Hanafuda cards came earlier this week. Came in strong packaging, not a bubble mailer.

The cards come in a hard case with Mario's face. Inside there's a think cardboard box that holds them. I didn't open it since you have to rip a perforation and I'm not sure I want to do that. I'm glad I got them, definitely the most unique item they offer.[/QUOTE]

The cards are awesome.

[quote name='momouchi']Does Nintendo let you know before coins expire?[/QUOTE]

That information should be on your list.

[quote name='2DMention']Do you have to buy every Nintendo release to qualify for Platnium status? It seems like it.[/QUOTE]

No. You need to buy 600 coins worth and there's about a year or more worth of still eligible product out there. Don't forget that a good amount of VC and WiiWare also qualify for coins. There are also some bonus surveys occasionally, but those are only good for 20 coins maybe.

[quote name='2DMention']Do you have to buy every Nintendo release to qualify for Platnium status? It seems like it.[/QUOTE]

Not at all, I certainly don't and I end up getting the status twice now and there's still a whole ton of Nintendo games I need to get. :lol:

The surveys for each game you register helps, then there is bonus surveys, then every single VC/WiiWare/DSiWare purchase gets you coins as well.

Compaired to Square-Enix's program (which is near impossible), Nintendo's is extremely fair and pretty damn sweet. I love getting free shit for stuff I am going to buy anyway, so no loss. :D

[quote name='KingBroly']OP updated with a new game that you will "intend" to buy, Metroid: Other M![/QUOTE]

Hopefully this means that it it will not be delayed again.

Thanks!

[quote name='momouchi']Does Nintendo let you know before coins expire?[/QUOTE]

Nobody knows, coins won't start expiring until June 30 2011.

From the Club Nintendo FAQ: "Unredeemed Coins will expire two (2) full Club Nintendo years (July 1 - June 30), plus whatever is left in the current Club Nintendo year, after they are earned. Example: Coins earned in March 2009 would not expire until June 30, 2011."

Since CN started in late 2008 coins registered the first day wouldn't expire until June 30 2011.

[quote name='Chronis']You know.... I think i forgot to redeem my gold reward. :cold: Unless I did and it's not under reward inquiry...[/QUOTE]Well they did give you a month to redeem it, your best bet now is to email nintendo and tell them what happened.

Maybe you guys can help, since I couldn't find it on the Nintendo website... I recently sold my DSi without realizing that apparently the DSi Shop/Club Nintendo link is a completely different wiping process (way to go on that one, Nintendo). My questions are... 1) is there anything to be worried about? I was pretty sure that it doesn't store CC information or anything, but there's no other personal stuff, right? 2) is there a way to unlink the DSi from my Club Nintendo account without having the system? I assume Nintendo can probably do it, but I thought there may be a way to just do it myself.

Any help appreciated. I had been worried about it for a while, but then forgot until yesterday when I checked Club Nintendo and found surveys for DSiWare I certainly didn't buy.

I think you're out of luck. Or in luck since you're getting coins from games you didn't buy. You might have to call Nintendo.

I want to get the posters since they're back in stock. I have 9 DS games I never registered. Those and a post-play survey would get me to 350 (and 550 for the year). But then I'd have an extra 10 pts from the Metroid I2B survey once I register that. Anyone think the posters will still be in stock by the time Other M comes out or should I just deal with having 610 points for this year?

[quote name='icedrake523']I want to get the posters since they're back in stock. I have 9 DS games I never registered. Those and a post-play survey would get me to 350 (and 550 for the year). But then I'd have an extra 10 pts from the Metroid I2B survey once I register that. Anyone think the posters will still be in stock by the time Other M comes out or should I just deal with having 610 points for this year?[/QUOTE]

Do the i2b first and top it off with your DS games and Post Play Surveys till you hit your mark.

I did the I2B but you only get the points when you register the game. So I would have to wait until when I get my hands on my copy of Other M (which won't be until that weekend at the earliest).

[quote name='icedrake523']Anyone think the posters will still be in stock by the time Other M comes out or should I just deal with having 610 points for this year?[/QUOTE]

I dont see em running out anytime soon since they have just been restocked. I am waiting for some new goodies to show up before i order myself a set of them der Mario posters. :D

Wow, 4 new ITB for me. I guess I missed the others when they were posted here - I really only look at the thread title every so often so please keep that up to date.

The following were all new to me:

Wii Party, Samurai Warriors 3, Professor Layton Unwound Future, and the new Pokemon Ranger...

Have we determined yet whether they really enforce the deadline for registering the game to get the extra coins? I thought we were able to register stuff way later before and still get the bonus. But I have a note that I need to register Metroid before Sept. 30th. I could do that since I have it (though I haven't opened it yet) but I always hold off on registering things so I can figure out how much to do at the end of the club year.

[quote name='io']Wow, 4 new ITB for me. I guess I missed the others when they were posted here - I really only look at the thread title every so often so please keep that up to date.

The following were all new to me:

Wii Party, Samurai Warriors 3, Professor Layton Unwound Future, and the new Pokemon Ranger...

Have we determined yet whether they really enforce the deadline for registering the game to get the extra coins? I thought we were able to register stuff way later before and still get the bonus. But I have a note that I need to register Metroid before Sept. 30th. I could do that since I have it (though I haven't opened it yet) but I always hold off on registering things so I can figure out how much to do at the end of the club year.[/QUOTE]

I think it's 20 extra within the first week of release and 10 between that date and Sept. 30th. So if you don't buy it Day 1, it's still worth it to do all the ITBs (assuming you eventually get the game).

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']I think it's 20 extra within the first week of release and 10 between that date and Sept. 30th. So if you don't buy it Day 1, it's still worth it to do all the ITBs (assuming you eventually get the game).[/QUOTE]

I need to look through my points history to maybe figure it out.

But I did enter the code last night and I got two sets of 10 point bonuses so 20 like you said. I looked back and saw I entered a code for Metroid Prime Trilogy but I think that was a few months after it came out. I got one 10 point bonus for that. (And none are post-play surveys as I haven't done those yet).

So I think you get 10 no matter what if you do the ITB (even if you enter the code months later). Maybe the extra 10 is for doing it by Sept. 30th - if there's another 10 for the first week, that would make 30 extra wouldn't it?

Okay, so you get 10 coins if you buy the item and register it within the four-week "Early Registration" window.
10 coins if you I2B and register it anytime (presumably in the first five years)
50/30 coins for registering the software.
10 coins for post-play.

So for standard Wii/DS titles, you can get 80/60 coins.

Here's the trick though - to get the bonus coins for the I2B/Early Registration, all you have to do is click the intend to buy/register your game early - you do NOT have to complete the survey early (you do have to complete the initial I2B survey that gives you no points but registers your intent to buy). I "early registered" games last year, then did the surveys at the start of this Club Nintendo year and got all the bonus coins for it.

coins.jpg
Registered NSMBWii on launch day (11/15/2009) with an I2B. Did the surveys on 7/1/2010 and got the 50+10+10 coins.

What the heck? They have a SNES pad for the Wii, or points cards for your points? Why the heck are we always shortchanged here?

What do we get...some game holder or something?

I spent a couple minutes being mesmerized by the flying Stars around my cursor.

All the prizes there are pretty sweet. Even the foam walls and golden Wii wheel are better than the folders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back