Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Strell']Basic math is HARD.[/QUOTE]

Indeed and that shield on the page that pops up a current year scale isnt useful either.

In all seriousness, you have a badge that shows a scale when you click on it on the left side of the page.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']And how does it work? How can one transfer data from console to console... is a wire needed? Details![/QUOTE]
1000079yx1.jpg

tyZHl.jpg

The Wii Backup Disc is a service disc apparently used inside Official Nintendo Repair shops to transfer personal data like savegames and console settings between Wiis as part of a repair.
It's not entirely clear what it does; something it does *not* do -- even though it appears it might -- is allow VC games to be transferred between consoles. Instead, it transfers the license so that the user can redownload the games from Wii Shop Channel for free.
Note: "Change WiiId" is mostly useless. WiiId is only used as your "Wii Number" that you give to your friends so they can send you Wii Mail. When you pick it, it assigns you a new random ID.
It also doesn't boot on full bricked Wiis and it's unlikely that it repairs half bricked Wiis since delete all only deletes savegames/settings and not any channel content (Weather/News/Games..) or the firmware.
The so called "DevCerts" are two .wads on the disc FS called 'dummy-cls.wad' and 'dummy-loc.wad' both have one content which is 0x40 bytes one is empty the other one seems to be just random data. The 'dummy-loc.wad' file also has a CertChain which only works an a devkit. 'dummy-cls.wad' has a ticket which the Wii doesn't accept, therefore you can't install it.

[quote name='Doomed']
1000079yx1.jpg

tyZHl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Interesting. How do you transfer the the license from one console to another though?

What's up with the kissing fish?!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KnuxSonic8']WAIT. The bonus surveys expire today? They can't be used after this term? :eek:[/QUOTE]

The coins will carry over. You just can't use them for next year's status.

So chop chop.

If you haven't done them yet, you can fill them out to count towards next year once next year's Status once the next year begins.

[quote name='Doomed']The Wii Backup Disc is a service disc apparently used inside Official Nintendo Repair shops to transfer personal data like savegames and console settings between Wiis as part of a repair.
It's not entirely clear what it does; something it does *not* do -- even though it appears it might -- is allow VC games to be transferred between consoles. Instead, it transfers the license so that the user can redownload the games from Wii Shop Channel for free.
Note: "Change WiiId" is mostly useless. WiiId is only used as your "Wii Number" that you give to your friends so they can send you Wii Mail. When you pick it, it assigns you a new random ID.
It also doesn't boot on full bricked Wiis and it's unlikely that it repairs half bricked Wiis since delete all only deletes savegames/settings and not any channel content (Weather/News/Games..) or the firmware.
The so called "DevCerts" are two .wads on the disc FS called 'dummy-cls.wad' and 'dummy-loc.wad' both have one content which is 0x40 bytes one is empty the other one seems to be just random data. The 'dummy-loc.wad' file also has a CertChain which only works an a devkit. 'dummy-cls.wad' has a ticket which the Wii doesn't accept, therefore you can't install it.[/QUOTE]

Great, lots of potential to package this up in a nice GUI and make it more user friendly.

Nintendo, while printing cash, is still dealing with a data management structure built for the GCN and it shows...

[quote name='foltzie']Great, lots of potential to package this up in a nice GUI and make it more user friendly.

Nintendo, while printing cash, is still dealing with a data management structure built for the GCN and it shows...[/QUOTE]

Well, the whole "Blocks" idea gave it away.

[quote name='foltzie']Great, lots of potential to package this up in a nice GUI and make it more user friendly.

Nintendo, while printing cash, is still dealing with a data management structure built for the GCN and it shows...[/QUOTE]

Well, the whole "Blocks" idea gave it away.

How would they release it? Once you transfer the licenses, you still have the games on the original console. Easy to abuse.

[quote name='KingBroly']The coins will carry over. You just can't use them for next year's status.

So chop chop.[/QUOTE]

So the bonus surveys will disappear after today? I was saving them for next term since I've been at Platinum for months. Someone please confirm this.

Alright, thanks very much. I didn't even look into them because, as I said, I didn't see a need to. Looks like I gotta fill these out tonight. :)

[quote name='KnuxSonic8']No. Don't panic.[/QUOTE]

cool cool. I have 610 points and I dont see anything I want from the reward store at all. im waiting until they add different things. maybe 3DS stuff after its release?

it says iv been a member since 1/31/2010 how long do I have until they expire?

I have the same amount. :p

I'm sure they'll add stuff really soon. Let's say you got your very first set of coins today (e.g., 10). they don't expire for another two years. :)

[quote name='KnuxSonic8']I have the same amount. :p

I'm sure they'll add stuff really soon. Let's say you got your very first set of coins today (e.g., 10). they don't expire for another two years. :)[/QUOTE]

ahh niiice! so iv got a ton of time before they expire. really hope they add some decent prizes.

and cool we have the same amount haha.

any idea when we receive our reward for achieving platinum?

What time zone do we have? I meant to enter in all my games, but forgot to bring them to work. I get home at 10PM PST, so I'd have to work fast if they're also doing this from the PST, but does anyone know for sure?

[quote name='Redeema']What time zone do we have? I meant to enter in all my games, but forgot to bring them to work. I get home at 10PM PST, so I'd have to work fast if they're also doing this from the PST, but does anyone know for sure?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing it's Pacific Time since Nintendo of America is in Washington state, but I don't know for sure.

[quote name='Doomed']How would they release it? Once you transfer the licenses, you still have the games on the original console. Easy to abuse.[/QUOTE]
The games would be on the original console, but it couldn't play them because it wouldn't have the license to anymore.

Nintendo can also transfer licenses remotely, when I sent my Wii in to get fixed they didn't transfer my shop channel account over so I emailed them and a few days later they transferred it over to my new Wii.

Just to let everyone know..the site is going crazy slow right now. Be prepared to refresh quite a few times. I had to do a couple post play surveys to hit platinum and took about 30 minutes. I guess that's what you get for waiting till June 30th.

Grrr... Stupid Club Nintendo.. stayed up until 2 O'Clock (my time) waiting for the new year to start (Happy New Year! Had streamers and everything!). Had a ton of surveys filled out, just waiting to hit submit in the background.

2 O'Clock hits (Midnight Nintendo time) and bamn... the site is down for maintenance. I wanna hit platinum! :(

Wow, so am I really the first CAG to see the rewards?

It looks like there is one platinum and one gold and you can pick one or the other (assuming you are platinum of course).

The platinum appears to be a statue/figure set of all the big Mario characters (all together on a round base). The gold appears to be a calendar.

It says you have till July 31st to select one. Yeah, I'd say I'd have to go with the figure set.

Edit: OK, I clicked on the Platinum one to get it and got more info:

Super Mario Characters Figurine
The ultimate collector's item for Mario fans!

This collectible figurine features beloved characters from Super Mario games. It measures approx. 3.9 inches in height and 4.6 inches in diameter, and comes enclosed in decorative packaging.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Looks pretty cool. Hopefully these ship out sooner than the hat did.[/QUOTE]

Don't count on it:

Your Elite Status Reward will be distributed before the end of December, 2010.

I like the statue, nice reward. Platinums should totally get both prizes though, especially considering the gold is always a calendar or something like that...

I'm kinda glad there was only 1 platinum reward, and its good that people can choose which reward ( gold or plat ) but its kinda meh, that its a calendar again. Guess we should assume there's no reason to be gold from now on, always aim for plat.

I can't wait for my figure/statue on that note! :)

[quote name='doodofdoods']Looks pretty cool. Hopefully these ship out sooner than the hat did.[/QUOTE]

I hope it arrives faster than the Square Enix elite reward at least.

I went ahead and redeemed for the statue, but I really want that calendar too. I'd happily display it in my kitchen all next year! Guess I'll have to try to get it from someone/eBay when the rewards start shipping.

In for the statue.

It would be cool if they offered a statue like this every year, but changed up the character roster (like next year could be a Metroid or Zelda theme).

requested a statue. filled out surveys left in my account and now platinum for the 2011 calendar year as well. wheee.

[quote name='Arakias']I hope it arrives faster than the Square Enix elite reward at least.[/QUOTE]
Have you received it? I'm still waiting.

That statue is sweet! Probably has a cheap feel to it, but it does appear to be pretty detailed.

[quote name='KingBroly']I went with the statue. They should really let Platinum members get both though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I liked the looks of that calendar, and I'd love it, except that it's temporary, while the statue thing is permanent.

At least in the picture it looks like it's pretty high quality, so I guess I might as well order it since there's only two choices.

[quote name='Doomed']"Wii reminiscence transfer" - :lol:

Nintendo accidentally sent the disc back inside someone's Wii.[/QUOTE]

Dang Nintendo. Microsoft fixed their activation, why can't you? :bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

fuck you Nintendo.

I guess this means I can find my pile of unregistered games to register to count towards NEXT year. What's funny is I've been platinum both years, and yet I don't feel like I buy that much Nintendo stuff since the Wii era :lol:

So, is it safe to start answering survey's again? I guess so, so here goes...

Wish it would just carry over to the next year once you pass 600 coins.

[quote name='E_Man']WTF!? I have 650 coins and they considered me a GOLD status!!!!????[/QUOTE]

Are you sure you earned them in the same year?

[quote name='Wolfpup']So, is it safe to start answering survey's again? I guess so, so here goes...

Wish it would just carry over to the next year once you pass 600 coins.

Are you sure you earned them in the same year?[/QUOTE]
Sure did. My last game I registered was Sin & Punishment and that was this past Tuesday June 29th!!

[quote name='E_Man']WTF!? I have 650 coins and they considered me a GOLD status!!!!????[/QUOTE]

Were all 650 coings from this past year? Did you previously see a Platinum badge on the website?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back