Club Nintendo 2012 (Club Year Ends 6/30/12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally forgot about this Club Nintendo thing! I signed up on the first day when they were having all kinds of crazy computer issues, and then just sort of forgot about it.

How many coins do you need to get Platinum status? Club Nintendo website is blocked at work, so I can't peruse.

Edit: 600?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='foltzie']Were all 650 coings from this past year? Did you previously see a Platinum badge on the website?[/QUOTE]
My year started off with 130 conins and ended with 650 but I never saw a status changed.:bomb:

[quote name='celegus']I totally forgot about this Club Nintendo thing! I signed up on the first day when they were having all kinds of crazy computer issues, and then just sort of forgot about it.

How many coins do you need to get Platinum status? Club Nintendo website is blocked at work, so I can't peruse.

Edit: 600?[/QUOTE]

Gold = 300 coins earned in that year
Platinum = 600 coins earned in that year

Coins that carry over do not count toward status.

[quote name='E_Man']My year started off with 130 conins and ended with 650 but I never saw a status changed.:bomb:[/QUOTE]

That menas you only earned 520 coins last year. That is why you are gold and not platinum.

Sorry :whistle2:(

THE STATUE IS AMAZING!!!!! So much better than last year IMO!

Unfortunately... I was double platinum this year because last year I hated that I had a choice!

What a waste.

I was really keeping my fingers crossed for the Super Mario Galaxy 2 OST, so the statue falls short of that.

Is anyone else having issues redeeming their reward? I don't see anywhere on the site that shows I've redeemed it, but when I go to the platinum rewards page I see, "You are not eligible for this reward."

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Have you received it? I'm still waiting.[/QUOTE]

oh, no not at all. but just time from ordering it to time to hearing anything about it is ridiculous.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']That menas you only earned 520 coins last year. That is why you are gold and not platinum.

Sorry :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
Really? Wow, that fuckin' sucks!!! Screw Nintendo!!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I was really keeping my fingers crossed for the Super Mario Galaxy 2 OST, so the statue falls short of that.[/QUOTE]

The SMG2 OST should really just be an available reward to purchase with coins. There's no reason why Nintendo can't make that available to us, it would cost them practically nothing to produce.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I was really keeping my fingers crossed for the Super Mario Galaxy 2 OST, so the statue falls short of that.

Is anyone else having issues redeeming their reward? I don't see anywhere on the site that shows I've redeemed it, but when I go to the platinum rewards page I see, "You are not eligible for this reward."[/QUOTE]

It's glitchy because the site is getting hammered. It also shows coins as 0.0. Gotta give it a little while for the horde of people to stop trying to redeem.

Just remember

error_image.jpg

[quote name='Wolfpup']Well, the whole thing is confusing as heck.[/QUOTE]

What confusing about reward levels being gold and platinum, with a bar that shows the progress?

At least they didnt leave everybody platinum from the year before (like square enix did this year)... so you have to find the link to see how many points you actually need.

[quote name='KingBroly']I went with the statue. They should really let Platinum members get both though.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if we could at least get the calendar or statue with coins. But I guess the idea is to make it limited edition, and henceforth, special.

[quote name='devil_blog_dracula']In for a statue. I got the calendar last year and it's TINY.[/QUOTE]

Hm...not standard wall size? If that's so, I'm probably not interested. I like to write on my calendars.

[quote name='dyeknom']Thats a tiny statue[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'd like it to be a little bigger too, but it stills looks really nice in the picture.

[quote name='E_Man']Really? Wow, that fuckin' sucks!!! Screw Nintendo!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='ChibiJosh']It's your own fault.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Wolfpup']Well, the whole thing is confusing as heck.[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for E_man about the Gold status. I will admit that the Club Nintendo thing doesn't make the most sense in the world, but E_man would have totally had a Gold shield on his account to indicate Gold status. So in that sense, I agree with ChibiJosh. It was obviously overlooked by E_man, but still, the whole thing is a bit wonky.

I'm sorry. Perhaps when you get the calendar, you can list it on eBay towards your funds for someone selling the statue?

I can't redee my platinum reward right now. That's fine, I don't mind. Tomorrow- I will register some surveys and claim my statue.

It reminds me of the statue that is coming with the Halo Reach Legendary Edition. I wish Nintendo games (Yes I know... Metroid Prime Trilogy...) had a special edition with cool swag like this!

My kids are really going to like the statue. Which is good, because we're getting two of them. :) Oh well. I suppose, on the other hand, that they may have dropped the choice of items because people were disappointed in having to choose only one of them? That's also why I tried for double-platinum this year, so maybe this is indeed just as well. I won't have to make any effort to do that now. Of course, then next year there'll be three choices or something. :)

EDIT: Wait... wait - we do have a choice! We can chose either the platinum or the gold award! Yeah! So now I get both! Woohoo!

Wait, so the statue is really small? Are we talking Pokemon HG/SS figurine small? If so I'll probably just sell it, as that Pokemon figurine was way too small.

I dont think I believe that the page is too confusing. There is a status shield next to your name when you login. I could think of some tweaks, but nothing earth shattering. Maybe a modal that says 1 week left, you are Platinum, Gold, Goomba, ect...

Yeah, I didn't find it confusing either, but I can see how it could be a little unclear. Maybe they should have an indication, below the shield, of how many more coins you need to reach the next status level.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yeah, I didn't find it confusing either, but I can see how it could be a little unclear. Maybe they should have an indication, below the shield, of how many more coins you need to reach the next status level.[/QUOTE]

They do if you click on the shield... so maybe room for improvement there.... But honestly, how much of this is complaining for the sake of complaining? If you are going to try and work the system, know the 'rules'.

[quote name='crunchewy']Yeah, I didn't find it confusing either, but I can see how it could be a little unclear. Maybe they should have an indication, below the shield, of how many more coins you need to reach the next status level.[/QUOTE]

There is a way, it shows a bar with the gold shield and then the platinum one.

Click https://club.nintendo.com/history.do
and then maybe "Learn more about Elite Status" but I cant get it to work, the site is being hammered.

I suspect that later this month or next month they'll come out with a set of 3 Metroid posters.

Also remember that you won't be able to register some games for coins after a certain point. TP registration period ends on the 19th of November. The first of the older Wii games to go. That reminds me; I need to update which games have expired registration periods.

[quote name='nbballard']Wish their site would stop acting foolish so I could get my elite status for 2011. :([/QUOTE]

I'm a little worried right now because I've tried 3 times now. First time I got the Wario picture and the 2 times after that I got a notice saying I'm not eligible for platinum status reward :bomb:. I am gonna be pissed if I don't get the statue.

[quote name='KingBroly']I suspect that later this month or next month they'll come out with a set of 3 Metroid posters.[/QUOTE]

I would most likely pick those up.

Wow, Nintendo is actually on top of the rewards thing this year. That's kinda neat.

The statue is cool and all, but it does remind me of all the gashapon I got in Japan two years ago that was Mario Galaxy themed. The Bowser looks identical to the one I have.

Probably going to wait a day to let the site activity slow down, and then get my surveys in for this year and order the rewards.

Congrats if you made platinum!

[quote name='Strell']Probably going to wait a day to let the site activity slow down, and then get my surveys in for this year and order the rewards.[/QUOTE]

This.

Guess I should have waited till later to redeem the statue, got an error on the order page, hopefully I can just reorder. Now I try and redeem it and I get
"
Unfortunately, you did not earn enough Coins in the previous Club Nintendo year (July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009) to qualify as an Elite Status member.
The good news is that you have an entire year to earn an Elite Status for next year!"

[quote name='Strell']Probably going to wait a day to let the site activity slow down, and then get my surveys in for this year and order the rewards.[/QUOTE]

Indeed, I plan to wait a few days before I enter in the codes and do the surveys I have on the site. I should get to 300 or so out of 600, so getting Platinum won't be too difficult.

The 3DS comes out this year (in terms of CN year). By the time the launch of that is done, pretty much anyone should be able to get gold at LEAST.

[quote name='Strell']The statue is cool and all, but it does remind me of all the gashapon I got in Japan two years ago that was Mario Galaxy themed. The Bowser looks identical to the one I have.[/QUOTE]

I noticed that exact same thing when I saw the statue.

See, that's the thing. We put on a saucy puppet show in which Bowser nailed a hentai gashapon we bought, and then acted like Rosalina was his wife and walked in on him.

Oh, we were drunk.

[quote name='Strell']Wow, Nintendo is actually on top of the rewards thing this year. That's kinda neat.

The statue is cool and all, but it does remind me of all the gashapon I got in Japan two years ago that was Mario Galaxy themed. The Bowser looks identical to the one I have.

Probably going to wait a day to let the site activity slow down, and then get my surveys in for this year and order the rewards.

Congrats if you made platinum![/QUOTE]

Oh, snap. This statue thing probably is a collection of other Nintendo mini figs. The Toad is the same as a keychain they made before.
http://www.toy-store.com.au/images/uploads/keychain/toad-keychain.JPG

[quote name='KingBroly']I suspect that later this month or next month they'll come out with a set of 3 Metroid posters.

Also remember that you won't be able to register some games for coins after a certain point. TP registration period ends on the 19th of November. The first of the older Wii games to go. That reminds me; I need to update which games have expired registration periods.[/QUOTE]
You sure about that? All my Wii launch games got expiration dates bumped back to 2016 - anything that launched before Club Nintendo, I think. Wouldn't its original expiration have been 2011, anyway? 5 years, I thought.

Or perhaps that's because mine are post-play. Hard to tell.

My first expiring survey is WarioWare: Smooth Moves, 1/15/2012.

[quote name='naruto179']Oh, snap. This statue thing probably is a collection of other Nintendo mini figs. The Toad is the same as a keychain they made before.
http://www.toy-store.com.au/images/uploads/keychain/toad-keychain.JPG[/QUOTE]

The Luigi sculpt is from another set of figures, too: http://media.photobucket.com/image/luigi figure/Vibon/IMG_2700.jpg

There was a Goomba/Bob-omb two-pack from the same assortment, which I suspect is what they used for the Goomba figure. The Mario/Yoshi and the Peach are the only two I don't recognize from something else.

Edit: Scratch that, the Goomba/Bob-omb set actually had a Paragoomba. But still, there are plenty of Goomba figures to pull from.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Ditto. Hope they're not as small.[/QUOTE]

The dimensions were on the order page. It was less than 4" tall and slightly more than 4" in diameter.

I am confused, I had earned platinum status nearly two weeks ago and had a total of 700 points. In turn, i redeemed these points for both the Zelda and Mario posters, leaving me with 0 coins but still retaining my platinum level. Upon logging in today, it says "Unfortunately you did not reach elite status this year" when I try to redeem for the statue. Should I call nintendo's help line or is it an issue with overloaded servers?

EDIT: Was I not supposed to spend my points before June 30th in order to retain my platinum level after the June 30th reset?

I think everybody's having issues redeeming, if you earned 600 points in the 2009-2010 club year then you should be fine. Try again later.

yorksj - that shouldn't matter at all since the elite status rewards cost 0 coins. I actually haven't spent any of my coins so I still have them and am having the same problem as you right now - when I try to actually redeem my platinum level reward for the figurine, it comes back with the same message that you're seeing. Guess their website is fubar'd right now. ;)

I redeemed mine around 8:30est this morning and it went fine, so I'm guessing the website just sort of went down at some point.

The statue is... well, the statue is something I'll reserve judgment on until it shows up. It really is all going to depend on the quality.

I suspect it's just plastic figures stuck to a plastic base. It sure looks like that. I don't think the quality is going to be that great, given how it looks in pictures (things always look better in pictures then reality). On the other hand, the quality of the Mario hat was pretty damn good, so maybe this will surprise me. At first glance, though, I'd rather they picked something as nice as the Mario Hat. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back