Club Nintendo Bonus Survey - 20 Free Coins! [Update: 2010 Awards Now Available]

leapfrogX

CAGiversary!
Club Nintendo is offering 20 free coins for completing a bonus survey. Just check out the "Earn Coins" section of your account and you should see the bonus survey as one of your options. It'll help ya earn the neat Mario posters they put up a month or two back.

Edit: Seems like relatively recently they've added a "Thank You" series of surveys as well, if you've registered a console. I saw 20 coins for the Wii survey and 10 for the DS Lite survey, but there may be more. These expire June 30th so don't let em slip!

Edit: Confoosious pointed out that there is a thread dedicated to trading codes here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207895.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, thanks OP. Getting close to those posters. So far I've gotten the Game and Watch DS game (wasn't really worth it though) and the Zelda posters. The Zelda posters are awesome and great quality, that's why I want the Mario ones next.

Is it a new one? I already did one about a few months ago. Now I just wish for the Club Platinum 2010 they'll give free SMG2 OST. I can only wish.... :whistle2:D

They're at most a month or two old...yea I don't check my Club Nintendo account that often :p They're definitely new relative to the 30 coin bonus survey they had earlier.

[quote name='Ness3']Awesome, thanks OP. Getting close to those posters. So far I've gotten the Game and Watch DS game (wasn't really worth it though) and the Zelda posters. The Zelda posters are awesome and great quality, that's why I want the Mario ones next.[/QUOTE]

I

[quote name='mitnosi']Japan Club Nintendo got the SMG2 soundtrack :([/QUOTE]

The Mario Hat is worth more than a silly album.

[quote name='Nohbdy']The Mario Hat is worth more than a silly album.[/QUOTE]
I believe that soundtrack is just an item that you purchase with coins, while the Mario Hat was a reward for being a Platinum member.

Thanks OP! I've been trying to keep an eye on the changes they would eventually make.

Theres also the intend to buy for sin and punishment guys!

Now just 430 more coins to go and I can get those sweet, sweet Hanafuda cards. At the rate I buy Wii games that'll probably be around 2032 or so. Sad.

Don't registration cards only usually come with First Party titles? They should extend that to any Wii/DS game.

Thanks for the heads up! So close to platinum status, will be curious to see what they give out this year if I can make it.

I got the Zelda posters a few months back, and they're all cool, high-quality posters. I recommend them if you want to spend some Club Nintendo points.

[quote name='mitnosi']Japan Club Nintendo got the SMG2 soundtrack :([/QUOTE]

I think most if not all of the SMG2 soundtrack is on Youtube.

[quote name='apathylad']I think most if not all of the SMG2 soundtrack is on Youtube.[/QUOTE]

You have a YouTube player in your car?

Don't forget you need Gold/Platinum by the end of June (I think), assuming they do rewards again for achieving that status during the year.

Stupid question - how is everyone getting to Club Nintendo? Every time I've tried to check it out in the past week or so, it says the site is down for maintenance.

Mario Hat, Posters...I'm a grown ass man, can't we get something worthwhile? Game and Watch Collection is a neat idea but if that were in a store I wouldn't pay $5 for it so I'm not going to spend 800 coins on it.

A soundtrack is a much better gift/reward, or a controller or something functional would be nice.

I think older games would be a reward, 600 coins is a lot of money to be spent on nintendo stuff, I say DO a Super Mario All Stars exclusive the club, make it for DS for hitting plat. That would be having a lot of people focusing more on getting the points. Soundtracks are long overdue as standard rewards as well.

Thanks for the heads up, OP. :)

BTW those Mario posters are awesome! Just need to get some frames for them now...

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I cheated this year. I hadn't registered anything on the site since 2006, so now once I open up Super Mario Galaxy 2, I'll have platinum status with only buying one new Nintendo game this year.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I feel like I cheated this year. I hadn't registered anything on the site since 2006, so now once I open up Super Mario Galaxy 2, I'll have platinum status with only buying one new Nintendo game this year.[/QUOTE]

How would you get that? Gold/platinum status is based on coins earned within the Nintendo year (July 1 - June 30), so it sounds like you would just have 50 coins for SMG2 plus any bonus survey coins...

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']I feel like I cheated this year. I hadn't registered anything on the site since 2006, so now once I open up Super Mario Galaxy 2, I'll have platinum status with only buying one new Nintendo game this year.[/QUOTE]

If you have more than 600 coins worth (including bonus surveys), don't forget to save some of those for after July 1 to start building status for next year. ;)

You can actually put in the codes now and just take the surveys later, as it's all based on coins earned, which only happens after you take the survey.

[quote name='worshipsf']If you have more than 600 coins worth (including bonus surveys), don't forget to save some of those for after July 1 to start building status for next year. ;)

You can actually put in the codes now and just take the surveys later, as it's all based on coins earned, which only happens after you take the survey.[/QUOTE]

Mmmmhmm, I'm at 560 right now so I'll be pretty close to par once I register SMG2. If I happen to pick up anything else before July 1st, definitely going to wait, despite me craving those Zelda posters.

[quote name='ZForce915']Mario Hat, Posters...I'm a grown ass man, can't we get something worthwhile? Game and Watch Collection is a neat idea but if that were in a store I wouldn't pay $5 for it so I'm not going to spend 800 coins on it.

A soundtrack is a much better gift/reward, or a controller or something functional would be nice.[/QUOTE]
I collect the DS games (why those over any other system, I don't know.) so I've been happy with the two Game and Watch Collections. But I'm with on wishing they'd offer some more worthwhile items, than the (apologies ahead of time folks for anyone I offend) more frivolous rewards such as posters. I'd definitely love a soundtrack or two.

I've ordered both sets of posters, better than nothing. Oh and I also picked up the silver DSlite case, works well so I have no complaints.

[quote name='worshipsf']If you have more than 600 coins worth (including bonus surveys), don't forget to save some of those for after July 1 to start building status for next year. ;)

You can actually put in the codes now and just take the surveys later, as it's all based on coins earned, which only happens after you take the survey.[/QUOTE]

This is what I've been doing since I hit platinum... I now have 2 or 3 games ready to go for July when everything resets

Yeah I did these as well. I am so close to platinum as well, I just need 30 coins... dangit. I must find a ds game code somewhere! I WANT THAT HAT PILLOW!

I'm still 170 points from Platinum for this year. But I should get 70 coins for SMG2, with the Intend to Buy and Post Play Surveys. I'll just have to crack open a couple more sealed games to get the rest of the 100 coins.

So these bonuses expire on the 30th of this year? I have too many surveys on the front page so these don't show up on my first page where it tells expiration dates. I have been plat for quite a while and have been saving all the extra surveys until the new club year...anyone confirm that these bonus surveys end on June 30th this year? If not I can save them to get plat easier for the next year.

*EDIT* Ahh nevermind...I got a Wii survey as well, has date listed as 6/30/2010...so they cannot be saved for later.

Ordered the Zelda posters last night; completely forgot about this site. I was going to get the Mario one's, but don't like the second poster in the set, and the third would not match anything in my home. Maybe if I get another 300 points, I'll grab them anyway; doesn't seem to be much else on there worthwhile (I have about 20+ surveys just sitting there still).

[quote name='KyRoen']Yeah I did these as well. I am so close to platinum as well, I just need 30 coins... dangit. I must find a ds game code somewhere! I WANT THAT HAT PILLOW![/QUOTE]
Hat pillow? Have they even announced the plat/gold rewards for this year? If you are talkin about the Mario hat from last years plat status then you already missed it...unless they happen to offer it along with the new choices this year.

I have the Zelda posters and the Mario posters. They are SUCH high quality, and really good for any fan of either series. I'm just sad because I haven't purchased as many nintendo games this year, and it doesn't look like I'm gonna hit Platinum status this year :(

[quote name='kroberts11']I have the Zelda posters and the Mario posters. They are SUCH high quality, and really good for any fan of either series. I'm just sad because I haven't purchased as many nintendo games this year, and it doesn't look like I'm gonna hit Platinum status this year :([/QUOTE]

SHOPPING SPREE!!!!!

[quote name='guinaevere']I collect the DS games (why those over any other system, I don't know.) so I've been happy with the two Game and Watch Collections. But I'm with on wishing they'd offer some more worthwhile items, than the (apologies ahead of time folks for anyone I offend) more frivolous rewards such as posters. I'd definitely love a soundtrack or two.[/QUOTE]

I will certainly grant you that the Game and Watch Collections are worthwhile in that at least they are games. They are not for me, but I'd take them over a poster. I'll be 30 years old in a month and I just don't see myself wanting to put posters on my wall (even if they are framed).

I wonder why the Club Nintendo in Japan gets such drastically different items. Maybe the number of people that would appreciate a game soundtrack in the US is much lower than in Japan.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']SHOPPING SPREE!!!!![/QUOTE]

I would love to. I need 40 points for gold, 340 for Plat. I don't know if I can spend that much money by the end of June though :p

It's so tempting to go check out that Kmart deal though..

bread's done
Back