Club Nintendo Bonus Survey - 20 Free Coins! [Update: 2010 Awards Now Available]

leapfrogX

CAGiversary!
Club Nintendo is offering 20 free coins for completing a bonus survey. Just check out the "Earn Coins" section of your account and you should see the bonus survey as one of your options. It'll help ya earn the neat Mario posters they put up a month or two back.

Edit: Seems like relatively recently they've added a "Thank You" series of surveys as well, if you've registered a console. I saw 20 coins for the Wii survey and 10 for the DS Lite survey, but there may be more. These expire June 30th so don't let em slip!

Edit: Confoosious pointed out that there is a thread dedicated to trading codes here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207895.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ZForce915']I will certainly grant you that the Game and Watch Collections are worthwhile in that at least they are games. They are not for me, but I'd take them over a poster. I'll be 30 years old in a month and I just don't see myself wanting to put posters on my wall (even if they are framed).

I wonder why the Club Nintendo in Japan gets such drastically different items. Maybe the number of people that would appreciate a game soundtrack in the US is much lower than in Japan.[/QUOTE]

Aww, I'm 31 and I have an awesome framed poster collection (mostly movie posters, but still). Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

People looking to increase their points might also want to consider Glory of Heracles (DS) from Amazon. It's $11 right now and comes with a $10 videogame credit and $5 MP3 credit, so it's practically free.

People looking to increase their points might also want to consider Glory of Heracles (DS) from Amazon. It's $11 right now and comes with a $10 videogame credit and $5 MP3 credit, so it's practically free.

[quote name='eastx']
People looking to increase their points might also want to consider Glory of Heracles (DS) from Amazon. It's $11 right now and comes with a $10 videogame credit and $5 MP3 credit, so it's practically free.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I had no idea this game was eligible. Thanks!

[quote name='mkelehan']You have a YouTube player in your car?[/QUOTE]

I guess you haven't heard of an Youtube to Mp3 converter.

I have the original Hanafuda cards from Japan's Club Mario. Hanafuda had been my wife and my main card game we played together for years. She picked up this set for me on eBay for our anniversary a few years ago. They are very high quality, but they are the Japanese style Hanafuda cards, so they are multifold paper + coating style. They're durable, but they can be bent if you get brutal with them. Our actual playing deck is from Korea, which theirs are very think and feel closer to tiles.

Got the Hat last year and already Platinum again this year. I haven't gotten anything w/ coins. Thinking about getting ANOTHER Hanafuda deck (for the office) and perhaps the Animal Crossing playing cards and the Zelda posters.

I'm confused by how this Club Nintendo stuff works. I got platinum last year and got a Mario Hat for it, but I think I'm above the Platinum level again this year, so earning more coins does me no good-I've got 4 registration slips I'm going to enter in after the 30th of June (when it resets?)

But separately from that, am I ever at risk of losing my coins I can spend on random stuff?

[quote name='Pumaman']Stupid question - how is everyone getting to Club Nintendo? Every time I've tried to check it out in the past week or so, it says the site is down for maintenance.[/QUOTE]

I'd suggest trying a different browser.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I'm confused by how this Club Nintendo stuff works. I got platinum last year and got a Mario Hat for it, but I think I'm above the Platinum level again this year, so earning more coins does me no good-I've got 4 registration slips I'm going to enter in after the 30th of June (when it resets?)

But separately from that, am I ever at risk of losing my coins I can spend on random stuff?[/QUOTE]
The points you earn towards your leveled status (Platinum, etc) is kept "separate" from your coins for the "store". If you "buy" things from the store, you're not going to drop your status level.

Nintendo has never acted like coins expire.

BTW, don't forget that you get more coins for registering a game if you register it within a month of it's release. (So hanging on to the slips isn't a good idea if it's a new game.)

What did gold status get last year? I can make it this year but wondering if I should save stuff until the new year starts and try for platinum.

I remeber seeing something that did say coins you can spend will start to expire this or next year but I have been to lazy to confirm/research it.

I think Gold got a calendar last year if I'm not mistaken...not nearly as cool as the Mario hat! As for coins expiring:

"When do my Coins expire?

The length of time that Coins are valid is measured in Club Nintendo years. A Club Nintendo year runs from July 1 to June 30. Coins are valid for at least two Club Nintendo years; they expire on the third June 30th after their issuance. For example, if you are issued Coins on February 14, 2009, they will expire on June 30, 2011."

I just got enough to hit Platinum after SMG2 and the two bonus surveys. I've got some more to do, but will wait until July to start getting Platinum again.

And, the Mario Hat is still awesome.

[quote name='leapfrogX']I think Gold got a calendar last year if I'm not mistaken...not nearly as cool as the Mario hat! As for coins expiring:

The length of time that Coins are valid is measured in Club Nintendo years. A Club Nintendo year runs from July 1 to June 30. Coins are valid for at least two Club Nintendo years; they expire on the third June 30th after their issuance. For example, if you are issued Coins on February 14, 2009, they will expire on June 30, 2011."[/QUOTE]

So the coins I added on 12/17/08 are going to expire in June? Or am I understanding that wrong?

[quote name='mkelehan']You have a YouTube player in your car?[/QUOTE]

Youtube downloader makes short work of any video on the tube and converts them to several formats, including MP3.

Granted this is piracy.

But I'd gladly pay, mind you....if it were for sale stateside.

Also while im here. I picked up the G&W collection. Left it unopened. I want the G&W 2, but those posters are far too tempting :( Tough decisions ahead.

[quote name='eastx']Aww, I'm 31 and I have an awesome framed poster collection (mostly movie posters, but still). Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

People looking to increase their points might also want to consider Glory of Heracles (DS) from Amazon. It's $11 right now and comes with a $10 videogame credit and $5 MP3 credit, so it's practically free.[/QUOTE]

:D

I'll make an exception for the framed movie posters, I knew a guy that had a couple of theater-size posters of Indiana Jones and Chasing Amy and they really did look bad ass.

I guess done right those posters could be cool, I suppose I just don't have the right location for them.

[quote name='guinaevere']I collect the DS games (why those over any other system, I don't know.) so I've been happy with the two Game and Watch Collections. But I'm with on wishing they'd offer some more worthwhile items, than the (apologies ahead of time folks for anyone I offend) more frivolous rewards such as posters. I'd definitely love a soundtrack or two.[/QUOTE]

I'm offended by your apology. :lol: Some kind of world we live in when people feel the need to apologize for having a different opinion than someone else! :lol:

[quote name='smoger']BTW there's also a 20 coin survey if you set up Netflix on your wii[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads-up! I just got my Wii Netflix cd today! :bouncy:

[quote name='xGunCrazyx']Thanks OP :)[/QUOTE]

Ditto.

I have no idea how close I am to Platinum... last year's Gold prize SUCKED, though. I actually had gold and MISSED THE DEADLINE to get the prize! Then I found out it was an Animal Crossing calendar. Suddenly, I was grateful for my "misfortune"! :rofl:

[quote name='Magikarp830']
I have no idea how close I am to Platinum... last year's Gold prize SUCKED, though. I actually had gold and MISSED THE DEADLINE to get the prize! Then I found out it was an Animal Crossing calendar. Suddenly, I was grateful for my "misfortune"! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

If you log into your account and click the shield icon next to your name, it will tell you how close you are to the next status.

I am already platinum and the extra bonus surveys expire on June 30th. Do you think I can take the surveys on June 30th and get the points to count for the 2010-11 gold/platinum status?

[quote name='ZForce915']So the coins I added on 12/17/08 are going to expire in June? Or am I understanding that wrong?[/QUOTE]

They would expire on June 30 2011:

[quote name='leapfrogX']...they expire on the third June 30th after their issuance...[/QUOTE]

Your coins from 12/17/08 progress along June 30 2009 then June 30 2010 before finally expiring on
June 30, 2011.

Thanks OP. With these surveys and SMG 2, I have enough to get both the Mario and Zelda posters. I wonder what Gold members will get?

So I just logged on and added all my games after only reading the first post... Im at 540 points now and just finished reading the rest of the thread. So lemme get this straight, if I get SMG2 and another game or something and hit 600, do I automatically get a reward sent to me or does it just allow you to use your coins to get the platinum stuff?

[quote name='Optical']So I just logged on and added all my games after only reading the first post... Im at 540 points now and just finished reading the rest of the thread. So lemme get this straight, if I get SMG2 and another game or something and hit 600, do I automatically get a reward sent to me or does it just allow you to use your coins to get the platinum stuff?[/QUOTE]

You will more than likely have a choice between two platinum rewards. You will get an e-mail saying when you can order the yearly platinum reward (the announcement about the rewards should be incoming sometime in June). The platinum reward is separate from the club items and does not use your coins...so you can use those coins to order whatever you want. Once you hit platinum you stay there for the year until the next yearly cycle no matter what you do with the earned coins

[quote name='the4thnobleman']Youtube downloader makes short work of any video on the tube and converts them to several formats, including MP3.

Granted this is piracy.

But I'd gladly pay, mind you....if it were for sale stateside.

Also while im here. I picked up the G&W collection. Left it unopened. I want the G&W 2, but those posters are far too tempting :( Tough decisions ahead.[/QUOTE]

It's a sketchy subject. Some would argue that just listening to them on Youtube is piracy. (and some wouldn't). The question is whether the delivery method changes the definition of the act.

Besides.. you bought the game, right? The music is on the disc.. why shouldn't you be allowed to access the music outside the context of the game?

What if you could rip it right from the disc?(is that worse than ripping an album from your favorite band?) What if you fed your Wii's audio to a computer and recorded it in realtime? What if you booted up the game and just let mario sit idle while you listened to the music?

BTW don't get me wrong.. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with anyone and I'm certainly not condemning anyone.. my Zune is full of stuff from Playlist.com. Just pointing out how convoluted copyright issues can get and why it's probably best not to lose too much sleep over it. many times the differences boil down to splitting hairs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='emperordahc']The points you earn towards your leveled status (Platinum, etc) is kept "separate" from your coins for the "store". If you "buy" things from the store, you're not going to drop your status level.

Nintendo has never acted like coins expire.

BTW, don't forget that you get more coins for registering a game if you register it within a month of it's release. (So hanging on to the slips isn't a good idea if it's a new game.)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='leapfrogX']As for coins expiring:

The length of time that Coins are valid is measured in Club Nintendo years. A Club Nintendo year runs from July 1 to June 30. Coins are valid for at least two Club Nintendo years; they expire on the third June 30th after their issuance. For example, if you are issued Coins on February 14, 2009, they will expire on June 30, 2011."[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']Is there any way to actually tell if your coins are about to expire?[/QUOTE]

Okay, can I say this coins expiring thing is both stupid and confusing as hell?

If I'm understanding this right, my 2008 coins don't expire until June 2011? Because they're the same 'Club year' as ones from February 2009?

Didn't know registering a game close to it's release was a benefit, but either way I'm already past Platinum status so I want to hold off until July 1.

If Nintendo weren't dicks, they'd roll over any extra coins into the next year's status, and not have points expire.

But if they weren't dicks, they'd also let you move content between Wiis, remove DRM from save files, and maybe have current gen hardware in there :roll: :sigh:

Oh well, the gold and platinum rewards last year were pretty cool. I got the freaking hat :whistle2:D

[quote name='Optical']So I just logged on and added all my games after only reading the first post... Im at 540 points now and just finished reading the rest of the thread. So lemme get this straight, if I get SMG2 and another game or something and hit 600, do I automatically get a reward sent to me or does it just allow you to use your coins to get the platinum stuff?[/QUOTE]

If you get and register SMG2 within the next 3 weeks, you will also get 10 "Early Registration" bonus coins + 50 regular coins from the game = Platinum status for you!

[quote name='zeb06']Hat pillow? Have they even announced the plat/gold rewards for this year? If you are talkin about the Mario hat from last years plat status then you already missed it...unless they happen to offer it along with the new choices this year.[/QUOTE]

Aw dangit I didn't notice that... it says LAST year's rewards... that sucks... I wanted that hat, it's probably going to be something I don't like as much, unless they do a Luigi pillow hat!

Also, does anyone have any random DS club Nintendo codes that they can't use due to already registering the game once because I would be very happy if someone randomly had an extra one that they could pm me due to the fact that I only need one more code. :D

oh you have got to be kidding me! i read that coins expire on june 30th but didn't think about it and just entered all 4 codes i found in my ds games today... i saved 3 wii codes and i can sync my dsi so i guess congrats to me for screwing up again.

[quote name='jab1235']oh you have got to be kidding me! i read that coins expire on june 30th but didn't think about it and just entered all 4 codes i found in my ds games today... i saved 3 wii codes and i can sync my dsi so i guess congrats to me for screwing up again.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry - coins don't expire every June 30th, they expire the 3rd June 30th since you redeemed them. Your gold/platinum status does reset at that date, but that doesn't mean you can't spend those coins on a reward later this year or next year.

1. Glory of Heracles confirmed 30 points with survey (possibly 10 more with post-play survey if they issue one)

2. Luigi hat (pillow?) will not be this year's platinum, they sell this in stores (saw it at F.Y.E. last week, same exact mold/design as Platinum Mario hat from last year)

3. I really wish they would offer more varied prizes, I've been sitting on my 600+ points since last June.

Does anyone else think that Nintendo will make the Super Mario Galaxy 2 soundtrack the platinum reward this year? I need to get some surveys done, just in case.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Does anyone else think that Nintendo will make the Super Mario Galaxy 2 soundtrack the platinum reward this year? I need to get some surveys done, just in case.[/QUOTE]

If it's not the Platninum reward, I'll but it with all my coins... loved the first SMG1 OST... bought it via Playasia... like I said before, US always get the shaft... :whistle2:(

[quote name='leapfrogX']Don't worry - coins don't expire every June 30th, they expire the 3rd June 30th since you redeemed them. Your gold/platinum status does reset at that date, but that doesn't mean you can't spend those coins on a reward later this year or next year.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clear explanation! I think I understand it now :lol: Guess I'm fine for another year then. I hate blowing my coins on stuff I only half want, in case there's something really cool down the pipe.

[quote name='BlueSwim']Does anyone else think that Nintendo will make the Super Mario Galaxy 2 soundtrack the platinum reward this year? I need to get some surveys done, just in case.[/QUOTE]

Is it a good soundtrack? I have it, but it's sitting in The Backlog of Doom(TM, but I'm on my laptop and can't do the cool TM symbol easily, so that has to do ;) )

Remember if you have more than 1 copy of the games with codes your other family members can register them in your family account.

I own more than one of the same game. Can I register the same type of game more than once?
Each member of your Club Nintendo Family can register one of each game in their individual account.

[quote name='freeorelse']Remember if you have more than 1 copy of the games with codes your other family members can register them in your family account.[/QUOTE]

:D. thank you thank you'

do u have any idea how to link them together? or better yet ill look ;)

[quote name='david12795']:D. thank you thank you'

do u have any idea how to link them together? or better yet ill look ;)[/QUOTE]

You use your main account to set up a family account (there should be a link under your name, on the left), then put in the info for the additional family members to invite them to join Club Nintendo. You can't add existing Club Nintendo accounts to the family account, so if that's what you're trying to do you will need to contact Nintendo for a possible account merge.

Anyone mind helping out a cheap ass gamer?

I'm only 20 coins away from 800(Game and Watch Collection). Anyone know where the survery is? Anyone mind sending me a code? I just joined club nintendo a week ago and registered all my stuff and did the post play surveys yesterday, but I'm still 20 away. Also, sort of a noob question, but if I buy something will I lose my status of platinum?

Thanks op, did the survey.

Then I realized there is a gold and platinum membership bonus. How have I never known about this? I have a ton of Wii games that I had never registered, so I did a bunch of them today until I got to platinum. I'll save the rest for after my platinum resets.

[quote name='Mr.Zurkon']Anyone mind helping out a cheap ass gamer?

I'm only 20 coins away from 800(Game and Watch Collection). Anyone know where the survery is? Anyone mind sending me a code? I just joined club nintendo a week ago and registered all my stuff and did the post play surveys yesterday, but I'm still 20 away. Also, sort of a noob question, but if I buy something will I lose my status of platinum?[/QUOTE]

People who join the site just to beg for codes are lame.

bread's done
Back