Club Nintendo Coin Values for Gamer Registration dropping on 7/1/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

z3razerviper

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The points you gain for registering games will be changing on 7/1 on club Nintendo. Some are going up (very few) and MANY MANY are going down. A lot to about 40% their original values (60% drop). So that will make some Nintendo rewards much more expensive. If you have any backlog get them registered if they are going down.

Yes I know it can be argued this is not a deal or it can be argued it is. If the mods want to move this they can. The link below has the new values note the tabs for each different console.

https://club.nintendo.com/coin-values.do

[quote name='Chrono Gear']If I didn't already have that one I would. Thanks for the offer though. :)[/QUOTE]

Any specific that you need? I have various games available.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Um, I believe somewhere on the top of page four of this thread explains how to add multiple copies of the same game to 1 account. I had 4 codes for Wii Party and used them all on the same account.[/QUOTE]

There is and I know about it. But I'd rather not take a freebie code that someone else could use. Not worth double redeeming just for coins I don't really need when he's giving them away to the needy.

[quote name='Romeo']Any specific that you need? I have various games available.[/QUOTE]
Only codes I was looking for were Zelda: TP, Mario Galaxy, and Animal Crossing. All the Nintendo Selects editions. No biggie, not trying to be greedy I've already platted about 200 coins ago.

Hey does anyone have an extra code they want to swap for a $5 amazon gift card code. I just registered all my games and totally miscalculated and am now 10 points short of platinum status. Thank, Julie

[quote name='jaa81']Hey does anyone have an extra code they want to swap for a $5 amazon gift card code. I just registered all my games and totally miscalculated and am now 10 points short of platinum status. Thank, Julie[/QUOTE]

See this person needs the code Romeo offered me more than I do. I'd rather she get it if it's useful to her.

EjJRQ.jpg
Anybody got a spare DS code they don't need :whistle2:#

[quote name='Chrono Gear']See this person needs the code Romeo offered me more than I do. I'd rather she get it if it's useful to her.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was going to ask him to repay the club nintendo point debt's I've accumulated before my daughters are made to work at the local brothel, but I don't have any daughters and those people just points away from platinum/gold need more immediate help anyway.

Time for sleep. I finally finished registering all the codes that are going to drop tomorrow. It ended up being 1360. I'm sure I'll find more later, but I can't stay up any longer.

Thanks again to the OP. You saved me a lot of nintendo points. Hopefully Disney rewards never does this same kind of point dropping crap because I have a bunch of those to register too.

[quote name='mitchondria']anyone have any clues on what the reward for platinum is this year?[/QUOTE]

This is my first day with any experience with Nintendo points, but people said earlier that it might be the Mario pillow they got in Japan. Apparently the US and Japan usually have the same reward.

Honestly, I'm not knowledgable about this topic, but I'm just repeating what others in the thread have said.

[quote name='jaa81']Hey does anyone have an extra code they want to swap for a $5 amazon gift card code. I just registered all my games and totally miscalculated and am now 10 points short of platinum status. Thank, Julie[/QUOTE]

Did you get your points you needed? I don't recall seeing your name in my inbox though tonight I've been inundated with PMs.

Saw that the new monthly games were up and decided to redeem 10 coins from a post-play survey and it didn't go towards platinum/gold...so just to warn people not to jump onto registering your saved up codes just yet (if going for next years plat/gold)

EDIT: At least thats my assumption since the bar isn't any more full and there isn't yet a section in coins and status for 2012; but its best to be on the safe side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just did a few post-play surveys myself and the coins show as 7/1 in the coins and status tab. My bar hasn't increased either but it's possible it increases in increments of 30 or just isn't updated yet. I'm sure worst case scenario you could file a ticket as long as it showed proof you earned the coins on 7/1 or later.

Edit - Ok ruled out the first possibility, just registered another 3DS and I went up 160 coins without the bar filling at all.

[quote name='KtMack23']when will they announce the rewards for platinum? Haven't done this club stuff before this year.[/QUOTE]

I know you're antsy to know but try to forget about it. Nintendo doesn't ship the reward until December.

A game I didn't complete the registration survey for yesterday is showing up on my to-do list with last year's coin value. I wish I knew those values would have carried over, I would have started the surveys and finished them today! I could have had about 200 coins towards this year's goal!

Oh well, the WiiU is out this year and unless I intend to break my "never missed a system launch" streak I'll be getting a boatload of coins from that purchase anyway. If I bought a 3DS at launch I might as well buy a WiiU, I have virtually no interest in either product, but what the hell. They are Nintendo systems after all and I'm all but guaranteed to find a game I want to play on them eventually...

[quote name='Chrono Gear']A game I didn't complete the registration survey for yesterday is showing up on my to-do list with last year's coin value. I wish I knew those values would have carried over, I would have started the surveys and finished them today! I could have had about 200 coins towards this year's goal![/QUOTE]

DAMMIT, thats exactly what I was suggesting everyone (and myself included) look into; but everyone seemed to think I was wrong!!!

[quote name='EarthBoundX5']DAMMIT, thats exactly what I was suggesting everyone (and myself included) look into; but everyone seemed to think I was wrong!!![/QUOTE]

It would have neen nice if nintendo had clarified but they didnt so it was a gamble.

The bar seems to be filling up fine for me.

Just a warning though: While in the "to do" list registrations might show with last year's points value, once you complete the survey you will get this years coins instead of last years anyway (happened to me with 2 games already).

[quote name='Chrono Gear']A game I didn't complete the registration survey for yesterday is showing up on my to-do list with last year's coin value. I wish I knew those values would have carried over, I would have started the surveys and finished them today! I could have had about 200 coins towards this year's goal!

Oh well, the WiiU is out this year and unless I intend to break my "never missed a system launch" streak I'll be getting a boatload of coins from that purchase anyway. If I bought a 3DS at launch I might as well buy a WiiU, I have virtually no interest in either product, but what the hell. They are Nintendo systems after all and I'm all but guaranteed to find a game I want to play on them eventually...[/QUOTE]
i took what was supposed to be a 20 point survey today, and it only gave me 10 coins, so i wouldn't worry about it.

Got platinum status super quick earlier in the year. I've only gotten platinum twice. Last year (for the pins) and this year. Sucks because I wish I would have gotten that statue from two years ago.

[quote name='wugenius']Got platinum status super quick earlier in the year. I've only gotten platinum twice. Last year (for the pins) and this year. Sucks because I wish I would have gotten that statue from two years ago.[/QUOTE]

You can buy it online pretty easily. I missed out on the first year.

I missed the first year too, was waiting for them to announce what the prize was and then decide whether to register my games for it. Didn't know that we couldn't register after it was announced. Now I just get the coins every year and hope for the best, and yea that statue is easily the best prize. I really wish I could have gotten the Punch-Out prize though.

I was 30 coins away from hitting Platinum this year. If I had registered my games 2 weeks ago like I had intended I could've filled out the post-play surveys and gotten it.

=*((( Super sad panda face.

i got 3 accounts to platinum and one to gold so im pretty happy and i have more then enough codes to get 6+ plats this year and a gold or two. went lil crazy this year since last year was mario i was hoping we would get a zelda 25th thing this year.

[quote name='gauu']i got 3 accounts to platinum and one to gold so im pretty happy and i have more then enough codes to get 6+ plats this year and a gold or two. went lil crazy this year since last year was mario i was hoping we would get a zelda 25th thing this year.[/QUOTE]

I maxed out the number of family members I could add to one account and then it would just freeze when I tried to do another. Then when I tried to make a new account with my dad's name/address/info it also just froze up. Do you know if they track IPs or something? Seems like overkill, but I can't figure out why it would not let me add a person or create a new account if they were not tracking IPs.

I also had a bunch of leftover KEY, DKCR, OtherM, and some random other codes that I could not register anymore that I was going to post here, but apparently making a joke post in another thread means you get banned for a week :(

[quote name='gauu']i got 3 accounts to platinum and one to gold so im pretty happy and i have more then enough codes to get 6+ plats this year and a gold or two. went lil crazy this year since last year was mario i was hoping we would get a zelda 25th thing this year.[/QUOTE]

fuck I registered over 1200 points to the same account. I should have taken a minute to think and made 2 accounts. I'm stupid. I was just frantically trying to finish before midnight and wasn't thinking.

There won't be an announcement for a few weeks. They usually take their time announcing it. It doesn't matter much because they won't ship until October/November anyway.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']A game I didn't complete the registration survey for yesterday is showing up on my to-do list with last year's coin value. I wish I knew those values would have carried over, I would have started the surveys and finished them today! I could have had about 200 coins towards this year's goal! [/QUOTE]

Yeah, as someone else pointed out, it might say you will get last year's value, but when you actually go to do it, you get the new values. This happened in reverse for me. I accidentally entered one of the ones that was going up and it said only +30 on my Todo but when I did it I got 40.

[quote name='Strell']Just wanted to give everyone in this thread a heads up about the Club Nintendo thread over here in the Nintendo board.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had no idea there was this other thread or I would have killed it off long ago. Club Nintendo/point discussion belongs in the Club Nintendo thread that Strell linked. I'm closing this one now. There's also a trade thread for Club coin codes:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207895

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back