Club Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've finally given in and have registered my games. there are a few that i've sold that i wish i could still register. as is, i could only register 4 games, my wii, and my wife's dslite. as for my dslite, the serial number has actually rubbed off.

as for the rewards. at this point, the Hanafuda Cards look pretty cool. or maybe the animal crossing playing cards. the Nintendo DS Game Card and Stylus Sets looked pretty interesting. but i don't know what i'd do with it.

i liked being able to give my thoughts on the games. i doubt i'll have any effect. but still it's nice to write something that somebody will read.

All my old registered games brought me up to 540 but I have no idea when I'll be able to add more. I haven't played a Wii game in ages...

[quote name='Chitown021']My account says I am at Elite status and I only have 850 coins...[/quote]
Screeny?

Someone post a screen that tells what it looks like to be it?

[quote name='Chitown021']My account says I am at Elite status and I only have 850 coins...[/quote]

ya onlyz needz 600 points to be teh platinum statuszzzZZZzzzz zz z z zz zzzzzz:D

So it sounds like reaching Gold or Platinum = an Elite status with Club Nintendo

MyNintendoClubStatus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet sassy molassy you're right. Looks like you just need to be Gold or Platinum to be Elite. So Elite = people who will be getting something at the end of the year.

So has anyone gotten the early registration bonus and/or intend to buy bonus? I got 40 points for Fire Emblem, but it doesn't tell me which of the two bonuses I received. It does recognize the Intend to Buy when looking at all the details for the game, but no points attached to it.

I don't think "elite" means anything. It's only Gold and Platinum that are relevant. I think all that's meant by "elite status coins" is that that's the total coins you've earned this "year", not considering any you've spent, and that total is what matters for Gold and Platinum status. The elite statuses are "Gold" and "Platinum".

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't think "elite" means anything. It's only Gold and Platinum that are relevant. I think all that's meant by "elite status coins" is that that's the total coins you've earned this "year", not considering any you've spent, and that total is what matters for Gold and Platinum status. The elite statuses are "Gold" and "Platinum".[/quote]

This.

When people started talking about the 'Elite' status, I was expecting a hidden status but it clearly says in that icon what you are.

Anyone else having problems with the FE:SD intent to buy points not showing up or do you have to complete the product registration before it works (I already registered the code, just didn't do the survey)

[quote name='maigoyume']Anyone else having problems with the FE:SD intent to buy points not showing up or do you have to complete the product registration before it works (I already registered the code, just didn't do the survey)[/quote]
I assume it's the intend to buy that's broken (which is why we don't have Pikmin or Mario Tennis yet), but since it doesn't say anywhere where the extra 10 points come from, it could be the early registration points that are broken.

[quote name='MightySlacker']I have a bunch of duplicate codes laying around, is there any way to see if they've been used or not so i can trade them? If i tried to register a used code that was also a game I previous registered, would the "code already used" or "game already registered" message come up?

Dave[/QUOTE]

When you try to register a duplicate game, it will tell you "You've already registered this title". The code will still be active, though, so you could trade it to someone else.

The other option is to create a family account and register it under one of your children's names. Child accounts don't require any personal info (email, address, etc) just a different username and password. It WILL let you register dupllicate titles this way and it DOES give you the points. I've registered up to 3 of the same title this way (1 on my account, one for my daughter and one for my son). I got the 30 points for each (it was the same DS title). When you enter it, the text will say you've received 0 points, but the old/new point balance shows that you get the additional points.

I have no idea if they'll fix this or not, but as of now, it's working. Kinda makes me nervous if they'd ever come back and deduct the points or not. I'd say it's safer to trade your duplicate codes for a title you haven't registered, but if all else fails, you can do this to get your gold/platinum status or push your points to the level you need to order a prize. I guess if you redeem them right away they probably wouldn't give you a negative point balance if they ever tried to correct this.

As a side note, the Mario 3-on-3 basketball will let you register the code, but it politely tells you that you earn no points for registering the title (I confirmed it's not on the list in the FAQ). So for whatever reason, they don't give you credit for that one.

[quote name='maigoyume']Anyone else having problems with the FE:SD intent to buy points not showing up or do you have to complete the product registration before it works (I already registered the code, just didn't do the survey)[/quote]
It seems like after I did the survey, I got the 50 points. For whatever reason, in my history, it only shows 40 coins, but I know my coins went up by 50 when I registered it, because I went from 450 to 500. Seems to be maybe a little buggy... But I did get all the coins that I should have.

Well that looks insanely lame. It's all crap, and you'd need to buy like 6 Wii games just to afford the cheapest thing!

[quote name='Canuck']Well that looks insanely lame. It's all crap, and you'd need to buy like 6 Wii games just to afford the cheapest thing![/quote]

If youre buying games, just for a single free bonus gift... you're doing it all wrong.

Nah, I'm not even bothering to sign up, but that's the thing... the stuff isn't even worth getting for free imo.

[quote name='dyeknom']If youre buying games, just for a single free bonus gift... you're doing it all wrong.[/QUOTE]

that's really funny. i definitely agree.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']It seems like after I did the survey, I got the 50 points. For whatever reason, in my history, it only shows 40 coins, but I know my coins went up by 50 when I registered it, because I went from 450 to 500. Seems to be maybe a little buggy... But I did get all the coins that I should have.[/quote]Just did the survey, got my 10+30 points (you're right though, it doesn't show the 10 from the intend to buy) and I haven't done a post-play survey yet, so thats another 10 points for later.

I signed up for Club Nintendo back before and signed everything up. Once they switched over to Club Nintendo I never got the points I should have for signing up and only have 100 points now. Plus all of the crap they have listed is just that... crap.

Why do Japanese players get nice junk and stuff and Americans can't get anything worth while. Why would I want a Wiimote holder? A crappy one at that.

I don't think Japan was instantly rolling in Super Famicom VC controllers and Club Nintendo-themed Gamecube memory cards. I'm waiting until the next batch of stuff shows up to either condemn or praise the program.

It still is annoying that I can't do my EWJ survey. If it comes down to it I suppose I'll email them and get the big 10 points that way.

[quote name='Halo05']I don't think Japan was instantly rolling in Super Famicom VC controllers and Club Nintendo-themed Gamecube memory cards. I'm waiting until the next batch of stuff shows up to either condemn or praise the program.

It still is annoying that I can't do my EWJ survey. If it comes down to it I suppose I'll email them and get the big 10 points that way.[/QUOTE]

Even still, most of that stuff was end-of-the-year rewards, so we have yet to see what NOA will decide to bring here in the US. As long as its not something silly like the golden wheel, I'll be somewhat happy.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Even still, most of that stuff was end-of-the-year rewards, so we have yet to see what NOA will decide to bring here in the US. As long as its not something silly like the golden wheel, I'll be somewhat happy.[/quote]
I still want the golden wheel...

[quote name='cranguy']D'oh. *submits resume to Nintendo for copy editor position[/quote]
I here they peared down their staff to a bear minimum and lost their copy editor in the process.

Unused points expire two full Club Nintendo years from when they were entered plus whatever is left in the current year. See the Club Nintendo faq.

I wonder why Pikmin/Mario Tennis aren't on intend to buy? They're coming out this week.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Unused points expire two full Club Nintendo years from when they were entered plus whatever is left in the current year. See the Club Nintendo faq.

I wonder why Pikmin/Mario Tennis aren't on intend to buy? They're coming out this week.[/quote]

Pikmin/Mario Tennis already came out. I saw them last Friday @ Toy R US b&m when I was purchasing Resident Evil 5.

I think I must've gotten my weeks mixed up. I could've sworn they were supposed to be out this week.

In either case, I don't ever remember seeing them on the intend to buy list.

are they not out yet? Costco had a TON of them, and i thought i saw them at target.

nevermind- i should have refreshed.. (Mario Tennis was 26 at costco)

[quote name='BlueLobstah']I think I must've gotten my weeks mixed up. I could've sworn they were supposed to be out this week.

In either case, I don't ever remember seeing them on the intend to buy list.[/quote]
They weren't. Must not have wanted to give people an extra 10 points for $30 games, since you can already get 60.

What do you all think about those mass emails for platinum members to sample the new DSi? Anybody plan on going to their local one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back