Cmosfm's brand new UPDATED collection pictures! CLASSY!

Cmosfm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Ok, since I'm a regular poster here I figure I'd share my collection with you guys! I posted them over at Digital Press this morning being that's my "main forum" as you could say.

Anyway, commence copy/paste from my DP topic....

It's been a LONG time since I updated my collection pics, not only has my collection grown immensely, but I've also moved and my setup is a lot different as well. There are 25 pics here in this album...

1-5 are my bookshelves on the right hand wall as soon as you come in
6-9 are my game "closet" floor shelves
10-13 are my game "closet" top shelves
14 is my game "closet" corner
15-16 are my entertainment center
17-21 are my assorted under-bed boxes
22-23 are my arcade machine
24 is my record collection
25 is my dog
26 is my avatar (don't mind that one)

The pics aren't actually numbered, but you can get the jist of what I'm talking about once you see the album. This is also my bedroom (yeah, i'm 21, I live at home...sue me...once I get outta buisness debt though! *shakes fist*) I included the record collection and some other assorted collectables in the pics as well, enjoy them, I do. Most of em are stuff from my childhood I've bought again from thrift stores or eBay.

Enjoy them, ask questions! I like questions. :D

CLICK HERE TO SEE CMOSFM'S PHOTO ALBUM

I was going to say "Fuuck You who cares." That was until I saw the pictures.

Now, I'd like to say "what is your address?" so I can come and murder you in your sleep for your video games.

Good haul man.

[quote name='godhatesjustyou']wow jeez. questions eh? what was the first game you bought?[/quote]

That started my collecting....it would be Stinger for NES. :)

on a side note, I too expected some really lame collection. Chalk that up to too much time spent at gamefaqs where every other topic is "Rate my Collection" and you click on it and they have a list of about 8 games consisting of MGS and GTA games.

I'll give you $10 shipped for it. That Barry Manilow album really brings down the value.

Not really. Actual comment: wow. Just...wow.

that's alot of games, are all boxes sealed or do you open your games then keep the boxes ? I throw all my boxes away, I just don't have the room to keep all that stuff.

holy_crap.jpg

DAMNATIONS!!!!

You are the only person I ever seen with a Vectrex in their collection. I saw you had all 7 seasons of Ranma 1/2 too. Coolness!

I DONT DESERVE TO CALL MYSELF A GAMER..........my collection looks like a crumb from a cookie compared to your collection!

WAY 2 GO!

I swear IGN had you featured on their site!!! I tried to find it for you, but I could not find the article. It was when they had started doing articles on users and their collections. The old pics and the name was familiar. You have one helluva collection. How old are you btw?

I know you're probably more interested in collecting as ooposed to playing but how many have you completed? Impressive collection. Most impressive.

Wow, I didn't expect to have so many responses, and so many things to respond to! lol. Lemme start....

@Qbe - I guess I have to give you money to take it, as there are 15 more Barry Manilow records in that pile. :p

@spidey - Brand new, full boxes of cereal. There's actually 4, 2 behind the front 2 as well....all 4 color bowls!

@KingDox - Just about every game is open, I don't have many sealed games. You throw away your boxes! next time, lemme know what you have before you throw them out...I'll buy em off of you. :)

@GuilewasNK - Vectrex ROCKS! It's actually plugged up to play in the closet as well....and you can stand up to play it arcade style. It's truely amazing to play with the door shut in complete darkness. Ranma 1/2 is awesome, I have the 2 movies and extremely overpriced OVA set as well. :)

@controlcommerce - I have more saturns stored in a box that's not pic'd...I think I have about...10 loose ones. LOL As for selling them, never going anywhere unless they have to.

@coolcps - me thinks your crazy! Nah, really, try and find it cause I'm still wanting to know.

@SoulEdgeVII - I've played a LOT of those games, as for completing them, the numbers are very small. I hardley have any time to play due to a hectic work schedule. But one day I will be able to enjoy them.

Thanks for the comments and questions guys, keep em coming, I love answering them. :D

Self employeed, and you be surprised at how cheap some of this stuff can come if you know how to shop and STAY AWAY FROM EBAY!

@coolcps - 21 years old!

WOW that is amazing your only 21 and have that much stuff!!! I thought that my collection was huge for being only 17, mine could never amount to yours anytime soon. I would have though you would be older with all the really old systems. I want to be an apprentice to that collecting! :) I'll look around IGN some more, anyone else remember the featured user articles?

What's really amazing is if he found all that stuff in the Spartanburg, SC area. I live in that area too, and I thought I was good at finding good deals on games. My collection's not exactly tiny, but it doesn't even approach that one. I'd actually be kinda interested to know where he finds some of his stuff.

[quote name='Liontamer']What's really amazing is if he found all that stuff in the Spartanburg, SC area. I live in that area too, and I thought I was good at finding good deals on games. My collection's not exactly tiny, but it doesn't even approach that one. I'd actually be kinda interested to know where he finds some of his stuff.[/quote]

Can't share my hot spots! Even though most of the REALLY good stuff I've cleared out and the good finds I actually do get I usually find outta town. Not too far, but a little traveling is required. :)

Wow, that's simply insane. I dub thee - THE COLLECTOR! Until someone can top you, I don't think anyone on these boards can claim to have a collection.

Well yeah, considering that most of the ones trailing him for the second or third largest collections on CAG are about half the size.

Its a lot of games, but where is the awesome TV, and the surroun sound, I figure with all the money you spent on them games you could afford one. So where are is the big tv and surroun sound

[quote name='yeahokthenfu']Its a lot of games, but where is the awesome TV, and the surroun sound, I figure with all the money you spent on them games you could afford one. So where are is the big tv and surroun sound[/quote]

That's why he's smarter than you. He didn't spend obscene amounts of money to piece it together. If you're a smart shopper, getting a large number of current games cheap is an easy task, and if you buy from people in bulk or in lots, getting retro hardware and games is easier too.

He doesn't fall into the pitfall that a great number of you do.. buying retro games one by one and chasing the games in demand.

Your collection rocks man! I'm very impressed, and in fact, i need to find my turtle cereal bowl.

My one question...

Spongebob Squarepants sheets? I mean....Spongebob?

wow, all I have to do is show these pics to my wife and she will hush up about all the games I have, thanks dude

oh yeah... impressive collection of games

Very nice collection. My collection is probably about 60% of what you have there, but yours also edges mine out for presentation.

I think I might borrow a few ideas from you.

My first post, and not a bargain to be found. :D

[quote name='Fanboy']Very nice collection. My collection is probably about 60% of what you have there, but yours also edges mine out for presentation.

I think I might borrow a few ideas from you.

My first post, and not a bargain to be found. :D[/quote]

I highly doubt it, unless the number of games in your possesion exceeds 800-1000 games.

DAMN... If to never have traded any games away or sell them, I'd have maybe... 25% of that... all that gaming gear and anime... and a Big Bird encyclopedia sits on the shelf with it all... ha ha ha...

Thanks again guys, really, I love comments and questions. So lemme comment back again! :D

@yeahokthenfu - I believe JSweeney summed it up well. I personally don't care for a large tv or surround sound. If you notice I have a POS 50.00 surround sound system in the closet i'm too lazy to set up because last time I had it out I never used it. LOL

@Ericnmel99 - It's "Manilow"! LOL Well, as for the avatar it's the one I normally use over at Digital Press...I'm a fan of great music and he's the best there is...in my opinion...so PLEASE don't turn this into a "this music is better than that music" thread. :)

@legion_stxds - FFXI server, personally I wish I could tell you but I have no idea. I haven't played in a while due to hectic work schedules. I will get back to you on that. Intellivision - nope...don't have one. I pick em up as I find em reasonably priced and I have yet to find ANY intellivision systems in this area. :(

@bone_matrix - Spongebob sheets, well, I happened to take pics on the "I haven't washed sheets in forever and my old ones were dirty and these are all that are available" day. Personally they don't bother me cause no one ever sees them...too bad I didn't notice and let everyone on the web see em. Meh, don't really care though! :D

@Fanboy - borrow my ideas! I'd like to see your pics when you get done.

@Fatesealer - Ahhhh, the big bird encyclopedia set! Classic memorbilia from my childhood. It's one of those things that someone 20+ in age will respect but 18- will laugh at. Either way, I'm glad I have em! I'm missing volume 3 and 15, need to hit the thrift stores to find em!

I'm still surprised no one's said a thing about my collection's pride and joy, the Primal Rage arcade machine. LOL, I guess when it comes down to it...it pales in comparison to other stuff there. :) It's still my baby!

Funny you should say that Cmosfm... even though i was in awe of all the games, the bed sheets (which i totally understand) stood out. But then at the end, I actually said Holy S***!! outloud when I saw Primal Rage. I would rather have an arcade machine than half of your collection...no offense :)

Free admission my friends!

Actually, stlunasmitts, I live in Jonesville...about a 1/2 hour drive from Spartanburg. I put Spartanburg on EVERYTHING because my store is in the Spartanburg Westgate Mall, I have most of my mail here, and I'm here more than I'm at home...so I pretty much live here!

bread's done
Back