COD: Black Ops Special Editions Announced: Prestige & Hardened

xXTwilightXx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
"Due out this November, the special edition of Call of Duty: Black Ops will include a tiny remote control "video surveillance vehicle" inspired by the game's multiplayer.

The remote control vehicle, inspired by the RC-XD found in the game's multiplayer, has a range of about 200 feet and a fully-functioning remote camera that transmits both color video and audio (there is a small screen on the remote for the video) . The car will only come with the yet-to-be-officially-priced Prestige Edition of the game, which also comes with all of the extras included with the Hardened Edition.

Included in the Prestige Edition of the game will be all of the components of the Hardened Edition including a custom Black Ops limited edition medal, exclusive Black Ops Avatar outfit (for either Live or Home), as well as four playable cooperative maps (not in the standard edition.)

Both editions will be coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 when the game ships on Nov. 9. No official price has been announced for either edition, but GameStop lists the Prestige Edition for $150 and the Hardened Edition for $80.

No word on who is manufacturing the vehicle, but since the night vision rig looked an awful lot like it was made by toy maker EyeClops, and toy maker Spy Gear also makes a video camera-sporting truck, I suspect it could be a toy company."

source
http://kotaku.com/5611235/call-of-duty-black-ops-special-edition-includes-video-surveillance-vehicle?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+kotaku/full+%28Kotaku%29

Also included:
the Prestige Edition of the game will be all of the components of the Hardened Edition, which are a custom Black Ops limited edition medal w/case, the premium, special-edition SteelBookâ„¢ case, exclusive Black Ops Avatar outfit, and four extra playable cooperative maps not in the standard edition.

LoL
now for all those CoD fans, you can now play your remote controlled RC car at night w/ your night vision goggles!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']You do realize that you don't have to buy this, right?[/QUOTE]

And you do realize that your an idiot for wasting 150 for a special edition they will have every year for a call of duty game

[quote name='petersa1d']And you do realize that your an idiot for wasting 150 for a special edition they will have every year for a call of duty game[/QUOTE]

Except that I'm not buying this?

The difference between you and me is that I don't throw a pissy fit over something that I'm not interested in.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']The difference between you and me is that I don't throw a pissy fit over something that I'm not interested in.[/QUOTE]
Some of us actually like this internet drama. No one's forcing you to read past the first comment in each thread :roll:

I got MW2 hardened for $49 on Amazon back in January, I'd probably bite on BO hardened for the same price - IF it turns out the game is on par with MW1/2, which would be a pleasant surprise because the old IW was leaps and bounds better than Treyarch ever was.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Some of us actually like this internet drama. No one's forcing you to read past the first comment in each thread :roll:[/QUOTE]

Hahah, wow.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Except that I'm not buying this?

The difference between you and me is that I don't throw a pissy fit over something that I'm not interested in.[/QUOTE]

Then dont quote me when im stating FACTS

You know whats crazy these will probably still sell out. christmas and cod of duty franchise = $$$$$$. I know some people were having a hard time getting the prestige last year, I see this year being no different.

[quote name='Viol8tor']Im gona stick with the Hardened edition this time around.

My Prestige version of Warfare 2 is just collecting dust, never put the night vision goggles to use. :)[/QUOTE]

It's never too late to become a peeping tom. ;)
I bet the camera on the RV car would make it even more fun and easy. ;)

But I guess there's really no point when we have the internet. :roll:

[quote name='ssjmichael']These Prestige editions are saving stalkers tons of money if you think about it.[/QUOTE]
Thermal goggles would have been the shiznit.

In for the hardened. I got MW2's Prestige but that's because I actually got a bit of use out of the goggles while camping. I don't really see myself using this remote control vehicle.

[quote name='jewsdidwtc']Hi, my name is Clueless Sucker. I buy each new Call of Duty game because the minor changes it has from its immediate predecessor are very compelling to me. NEW KILLSTREAKS AND PERKS!1!1!!1[/QUOTE]

Are you new to video games? You do realize what you just said applies to 95% of games that come out every year right?

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I'm in for the Hardened Edition. Like the guy in the 2nd post said, hopefully amazon has at least $10 videogame credit with the hardened edition.[/QUOTE]Walmart just posted $20 eGiftcards for both Hardened and Prestige versions of the game, and Amazon usually does match Walmart's moves on gift certificates.

It might be a couple of weeks, though I think they'll come around with the pre-order matching for the GC.

[quote name='shrike4242']Walmart just posted $20 eGiftcards for both Hardened and Prestige versions of the game, and Amazon usually does match Walmart's moves on gift certificates.

It might be a couple of weeks, though I think they'll come around with the pre-order matching for the GC.[/QUOTE]

I was just about to say the same thing. I'll definitely be getting the hardened edition from Amazon since I bet like you said they'll match the $20 credit, plus $20 more for the extras you're getting really isn't too bad.

Let's hope amazon matches walmart. Even with 1 day shipping walmart estimates delivery on Nov 15? Some of my group will already have prestiged by then.

I thought I got $20 back from Amazon last year for the Hardened Edition.

In any case, no bonus PSN games means I'll get the regular on clearance in the future.

[quote name='oper00']wait is it JUST the maps used in zombies or is it WITH zombies?[/QUOTE]
Zombie mode, or w/e it's called, was confirmed to be back from what I saw while browsing news.

[quote name='dallow']I thought I got $20 back from Amazon last year for the Hardened Edition.

In any case, no bonus PSN games means I'll get the regular on clearance in the future.[/QUOTE]

you did. Amazon had the 20 credit for all versions last year.

If they were to bring the dedicated servers back on the PC and if the Prestige edition was going to be out for the PC I might pick it up. Atleast if the RC car seems to be well made. If it is junk and seems to be for of a toy then I would have to say no to it. For me I think it would all depend on how well the RC car is made if I got the Prestige or not. However with this chances are having no dedicated servers like 4 had and the Prestige not even anounced for the PC unless I missed something then I don't need to worry about it.

I will keep an eye on the Prestige just to see what the RC car looks like.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I was just about to say the same thing. I'll definitely be getting the hardened edition from Amazon since I bet like you said they'll match the $20 credit, plus $20 more for the extras you're getting really isn't too bad.[/QUOTE]

if you guys dont want to wait for gaming credit through amazon, check the go hastings 20% off thread. they have a bunch of collectors editions listed, picked up about $300 worth at 20% off. shipping came to about $2 per item though, no sales tax for me (in Cali).

you enter coupon at very last page before ordering, if code does not work, just make a new email sign up (make sure you checked the box to be emailed for their offers, doesnt matter if you got an email for the coupon or not, just that you checked the box).

prices included shipping, no sales tax for me.

black ops prestiege ~ 123
gran turismo collectors ~ $82
they also had a bad company 2 ultimate (all dlc included i think) for $60+2 ship-20% ~$50
also got a bunch of ps3 move titles preordered for $34 instead of $40 +tax
a bunch of other possibilities considering the amount of "collectors" editions coming out here.

ENJOY!!
didnt see LBP2 collectors or assassins creed brother hood collectors listed though. =(

[quote name='rudiger94949']if you guys dont want to wait for gaming credit through amazon, check the go hastings 20% off thread. they have a bunch of collectors editions listed, picked up about $300 worth at 20% off. shipping came to about $2 per item though, no sales tax for me (in Cali).

you enter coupon at very last page before ordering, if code does not work, just make a new email sign up (make sure you checked the box to be emailed for their offers, doesnt matter if you got an email for the coupon or not, just that you checked the box).

prices included shipping, no sales tax for me.

black ops prestiege ~ 123
gran turismo collectors ~ $82
they also had a bad company 2 ultimate (all dlc included i think) for $60+2 ship-20% ~$50
also got a bunch of ps3 move titles preordered for $34 instead of $40 +tax
a bunch of other possibilities considering the amount of "collectors" editions coming out here.

ENJOY!!
didnt see LBP2 collectors or assassins creed brother hood collectors listed though. =([/QUOTE]

Hope you don't care about condition of those games. Go Hastings may be cheaper sometimes, but they do a horrible job of packing and are notorious for sending things that get damaged in transit. Then it's a huge hassle to get a refund or return. As such, I wouldn't ever buy anything from them that isn't in a standard hard game case.

[quote name='bojay1997']Hope you don't care about condition of those games. Go Hastings may be cheaper sometimes, but they do a horrible job of packing and are notorious for sending things that get damaged in transit. Then it's a huge hassle to get a refund or return. As such, I wouldn't ever buy anything from them that isn't in a standard hard game case.[/QUOTE]

I've ordered a few things from there before, never had any issues... guess YMMV. but I have only bought brand new from them.

[quote name='rudiger94949']I've ordered a few things from there before, never had any issues... guess YMMV. but I have only bought brand new from them.[/QUOTE]

Yes, for regular case games they are fine. For collector's stuff with soft boxes and odd shapes, not so much.

why try if people are still going to buy it anyway on day one

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']At least the MW2 hardened came with Call of Duty Classic, which was a $15 value. It's like they're not even trying to provide good monetary value in these collector editions anymore.[/QUOTE]

why try if people are still going to buy it anyway on day one

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']At least the MW2 hardened came with Call of Duty Classic, which was a $15 value. It's like they're not even trying to provide good monetary value in these collector editions anymore.[/QUOTE]
Btw, when does the COD Classic download voucher from the MW2 hardened edition expire?

If the 4 co-op maps are the zombie maps from WaW, that just sold me on the Hardened Edition.

I also agree that exclusive in game content is a step in the right direction for collector's editions. Much more incentive to buy for me.

bread's done
Back