CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

The new trailer is amazing. It convinced me to finally put down my pre-order with Amazon. ECA + $10 credit = great deal. I hope the campaign is longer than the first MW.

I have been able to keep my hype for this game pretty low by avoiding pretty much everything about it.

Then I saw a trailer while watching football and pretty much......well lets say I had to change pants.

I am just happy NBA 2k10 comes out tomorrow to distract me from this until next month.

i got tired of playing cod4 online, only thing I played really. Traded it in for the batman game, glad to get away from it for awhile. Just waiting now for amazon, used the 50% off on the hardend edition.

Looks like there is another bundle/package coming out for Modern Warfare 2

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=445&wt.mc_id=tweet

Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Bundle w/“Captain Soap MacTavish” ultra-premium ARTFX Statue sculpted by Kotobukiya $139.99

So that brings the tally of Modern Warfare merchandise to...

Modern Warfare 2 Regular Edition PS3
Modern Warfare 2 Regular Edition 360
Modern Warfare 2 Regular EditionPC
Modern Warfare 2 Mobilized DS
Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition PS3
Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition 360
Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition PS3
Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition 360
Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 360 Console System
Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Edition w/Statue 360
Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Edition w/Statue PC
Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Edition w/Statue PS3
Modern Warfare 2 Strategy Guide
Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition Strategy Guide
Modern Warfare 2 PS3 MadCatz Controller
Modern Warfare 2 360 MadCatz Controller
Modern Warfare 2 Throat Communicator Headset 360

and also coming out 11.10.09
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex Wii (yes its not Modern Warfare 2, but still...)

that is 18 different Modern Warfare labeled games/packages/accessories/hardware that is going to be sold on 11.10.09

The Modern Warfare 2 game has 4 different versions (Regular, Hardened, Veteran, and Prestige)

Activision & Infinity Ward are looking to take over the video game industry with this game.

[quote name='tenzor']Looks like there is another bundle/package coming out for Modern Warfare 2

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/ProductMerch.aspx?groupid=445&wt.mc_id=tweet

Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Bundle w/“Captain Soap MacTavish” ultra-premium ARTFX Statue sculpted by Kotobukiya $139.99

So that brings the tally of Modern Warfare merchandise to...

Modern Warfare 2 Regular Edition PS3
Modern Warfare 2 Regular Edition 360
Modern Warfare 2 Regular EditionPC
Modern Warfare 2 Mobilized DS
Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition PS3
Modern Warfare 2 Hardened Edition 360
Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition PS3
Modern Warfare 2 Prestige Edition 360
Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition 360 Console System
Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Edition w/Statue 360
Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Edition w/Statue PC
Modern Warfare 2 Veteran Edition w/Statue PS3
Modern Warfare 2 Strategy Guide
Modern Warfare 2 Limited Edition Strategy Guide
Modern Warfare 2 PS3 MadCatz Controller
Modern Warfare 2 360 MadCatz Controller
Modern Warfare 2 Throat Communicator Headset 360

and also coming out 11.10.09
Call of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex Wii (yes its not Modern Warfare 2, but still...)

that is 18 different Modern Warfare labeled games/packages/accessories/hardware that is going to be sold on 11.10.09

The Modern Warfare 2 game has 4 different versions (Regular, Hardened, Veteran, and Prestige)

Activision & Infinity Ward are looking to take over the video game industry with this game.[/QUOTE]

You forgot the Monster Energy Drink too.
Why not. Same thing happened with Halo 3.

Mountain Dew
Console
Legendary Edition
Limited Edition
Regular
Todd McFarlane toys
Short Films

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Trakan']The creator of Family Guy made Halo toys?

Crazy.[/QUOTE]

BAAAHHAHAHAHAA. I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.

Did anyone enter that gamestop preorder contest where you enter two times a day? I decided to preorder, but everytime i try to enter the code and my email the thing just flashes then just goes back to the same page. Has anyone tried this?

[quote name='tgk2044']BAAAHHAHAHAHAA. I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.[/QUOTE]

Isnt Mcfarlane toy's owned by Todd Mcfarlane?

Anyone buy the Monster energy drink with the MW2 contest on it?

I just picked up a pack and won a dashboard theme. The theme kinda sucks IMO.

Anyone win anything else? I wonder if you can even win the map pack yet.

Not really. If you think about it the maps are going to be $10 and I assume the drunk will be ~$4 or so. So if you can win within the first two packs then maybe. Otherwise no. Unless you enjoy Monster. Personally I do not.

[quote name='Coraanu']Where are you guys finding the MW2 energy drinks? Might be worth it for a shot at the map pack.[/QUOTE]

I've seen at Walmart and Target. There isn't much of a difference from the regular packaging and the MW2 packaging, just that the MW2 has a little strip on the top front of the box telling you about the contest. I think I missed it the first time.

The 4 pack cost $6 so it depends if you like Monster or energy drinks at all if you should bother with this contest. I drink energy drinks about once a week at work so I'm actually saving money by buying the 4 pack instead of 4 individual cans.

Infinity Ward's bullshit is making me want to cancel my preorder for this even though I want it pretty damn bad. As a lifelong PC gamer and an original Call of Duty player on PC I feel somewhat betrayed and shit on by Activision and IW in this whole PC saga. Oh well, just one more developer that can only see $$ signs and doesn't give a fuck about their loyal fans anymore. I pretty sure CoD4 sold well and made them a lot of money on PC too so I really just don't get it. Oh well, I will just take my medicine and play it on 360 like everyone else.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Anyone buy the Monster energy drink with the MW2 contest on it?

I just picked up a pack and won a dashboard theme. The theme kinda sucks IMO.

Anyone win anything else? I wonder if you can even win the map pack yet.[/QUOTE]

I got one today and won the theme, my younger brother won a map pack on his

i cant seem to find any of the mw2 monster drinks anywhere. looks like i cant get anything from this contest. i'll just end up buying the map pack or wait for someone to get an extra code and have a contest type thing.

Hey guys do you think it is worth it for me? Ever since I played bad company I felt all other modern shooters were just not the same, but do you think that I should just wait for bad company 2 or bite on this?

[quote name='tominater12']Hey guys do you think it is worth it for me? Ever since I played bad company I felt all other modern shooters were just not the same, but do you think that I should just wait for bad company 2 or bite on this?[/QUOTE]

If you need to ask, just wait for BC2, lmao.

Third Person mode actually looks pretty cool - IF it is just a Hardcore competitive game type. It kind of reminds me of the no cursor mode in COD1 - most fun mode ever.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but will the Hardened Edition be available in b&m stores, specifically Target? I've got a $25 gift card and want the Hardened Edition, but if they won't be carrying it, I'll use my gift card on Forza 3 instead. Thanks!

^^^
Vid of the level on gametrailers

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/modern-warfare-2-airport/333416

-edit-
Nevermind, they took it down

[quote name='SumOG']...did anyone see the xbox live subscription that came with the modern warfare tshirt?
anyone got a link?[/QUOTE]

SumOG posted this on 9/22, is there any info about this? I need a new subscription by the 11/10 and would like a MW2 shirt.

EDIT: It is available on bestbuy.com (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microso...5240&skuId=9504066&st=12 month Live&cp=1&lp=6) and it looks like the shirt is an XL. Too big for me :(

Last edited by a moderator:
If anyone is wondering, how? Apparently, Microsoft, in their infinite wisdom, sent out some of those Modern Warfare consoles that have the game packaged in with them early. The game alone isnt leaving the warehouses until late next week.

I'm intentionally not watching this video, not because it bothers me, but because I want to "experience" myself when I play the game for the first time.

[quote name='moojuice']Fight Against Grenade Spam

XD.

Also, @ the player's name in the beginning. Really?[/QUOTE]

If you mean the "Blunt Trauma" thing, that's a title that you can unlock I think along with the pot leaf pic.

Yeah...the whole thing though; his GT, his icon, and his title.

Just...wow. Guess IW was going for a certain demo. with that intro.

bread's done
Back