CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='RandyTsai']that and they dumb down the mp.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, I thought I was the only one who didn't like the maps. As far as going the full 10 minutes, most of my matches do.

I don't really camp but I usually stay in 2 or 3 small areas until a few teammates are around to roll with. I've found that's really the only way to do it.

So far in about the 20 or so matches I've played using this technique and having someone with a riot shield destroys. It's funny to see everyone fire at the riot shield and then get destroyed by other people.

I think it's mostly Multi Player. I was playing Domination (yes my favorite match type cause I can rank up easily :D ) and my team.....WHOLE ENTIRE ,Team except for my self, camped the C spot. Didn't care that A and B were taken, nope had to spawn C. Sometimes you get good teamates then you get a group of freaking campers, On Domination none the less. I gotta admit, the 3rd person is quite odd. Maybe I'm just not use to it yet.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']You got to figure the bulk of MW2 sales are coming from brand new games. Gamestop makes the majority of their profit from used games. With everyone buying the game new, Gamestop has to make more money somewhere. I bet the employees were pressured to encourage customers to buy the guide too.

Any retail employee gets pressured to ask customers for stuff they might not want.[/QUOTE]

i hear that, work at a clothing stores, people act like its my idea to ask them if they want to buy a pair of socks or a tie.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I think it's mostly Multi Player. I was playing Domination (yes my favorite match type cause I can rank up easily :D ) and my team.....WHOLE ENTIRE ,Team except for my self, camped the C spot. Didn't care that A and B were taken, nope had to spawn C. Sometimes you get good teamates then you get a group of freaking campers, On Domination none the less. I gotta admit, the 3rd person is quite odd. Maybe I'm just not use to it yet.[/QUOTE]

Domination is the main gametype that me and my friends play. We all go for each point or defend/attack the same point.

[quote name='menikmati']Domination is the main gametype that me and my friends play. We all go for each point or defend/attack the same point.[/QUOTE]

Add me to your friends list then. Love to play with another CAG as most of my CAG friends are playing team deathmatch. Not really my cup of tea honestly. I like capturing stuff heh

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Is there a CAG gamertag for this? I could make one, but just wanted to know if we already had one established.[/QUOTE]If you need help setting up the 360 Clan thread, then feel free to use mine for the PS3 as a guideline.

Gamestop also makes more money selling those shitty guide books than the actual games.

It's probably over $10 profit for the books, ~$5 for most new games. Which would you want to sell?

Just got the MW2 xbox. I'm having trouble transferring the data out of my 120gb hdd and into my 250 hdd. The data cable doesn't seem to work after the "connect transfer cable" screen. Can anyone help? Thanks

I've just discovered the unbridled awesome that is a silenced TAR with ACOG on these huge maps. Now having gone 30/10 in my last game after adapting to the new range I couldn't be more impressed. I should have experimented sooner although I will miss my grenade launcher... for about five seconds. I can't wait to slap one on my shotty and go nuts. >_>;

Now all that stands between me and Fall camo is 40 FMJ kills. Woot! ^_^

EDIT - Ugh. I just noticed the unlock requirements for the remaining camo are headshots. Not again... -_-'

Last edited by a moderator:
one thing I've noticed is the lack of snipers now..I hardly see snipers in MW2. They were running wild in MW1.

Great game, I like the new features, but I agree that the maps are really busy -- tons of buildings, tons of windows.....it's like every map is a "chinatown".

What is with MW2's emblems and titles ect. There is too much shit on your name. There should be: just the title image (no text) and YOUR name is over the title image. Also, they should take the emblem out and put the gun you got killed by there.

"I've never played Street Fighter IV." - DarkNessBear

They show you the name of the gun on the killcam when it shows you how you got killed.

So...just finished off Veteran. I hate Loose Ends so much. Especially the part where they put me at a checkpoint where I almost insantly die if I didn't move the exact right way near the end. Just...RARGAGAGARTARRT^AREFARTWAETAETAGHAETFAWEYQ#!!!

Once you get past that it's really downhill from there. Now just to get those remaining 35 Intel. Ugh. At least I'll be able to enjoy that by putting it on Recruit so I can take rockets to the face and laugh.

[quote name='zewone']"I've never played Street Fighter IV." - DarkNessBear

They show you the name of the gun on the killcam when it shows you how you got killed.[/QUOTE]
I've played SFIV - why does it have the same type of name system?

And I just mean where the emblem is a picture of the gun - I don't see the point in the emblem AND a title.

So far i like it. Im still getting used to the maps, but so far they dont seem as good as the past ones. Its probably just me not being used to them though. But a lot of maps with buildings, corners, walls everywhere. Then there is that one map where its nothing but grass and underground tunnels. I dont really like that map. I dunno, hopefully ill learn to love these maps as much as i do the ones from COD4 and CODWAW. But it just seems like there arent any unique maps.

It's already been said but I also saw the 4.7 million copies sold in the US/UK on the CBS national news. They said the 310 million makes it the biggest release of all time in the entertainment world beating out all big screen movies, games, cds etc etc. That's something to hang your hat on and they still have the weekend!

Finally got the M16 tonight once I unlock it to my liking i'll be a force. :D

Anyone here got a tactical nuke yet? I had a 21 streak tonight (with 3 killstreak items) but obiviously didn't have it on as it's a waste for most normal players. It's pretty freaking awesome when it happens though. I for real for real played with a British kid the other night and he got it in two straight games. I backed out and found a new room! :)

I agree, most of the maps are lame. There are two maps I like so far: Karachi and that one in the desert. The one with all the grass is super lame. Guys that already unlock that heat-sensitive sniper rifle get most of the kills.

I've only been playing TDM. I could imagine some of the goal-oriented game modes make the maps seem even more terrible. The Terminal map would've been so much better if that rooftop wasn't there.

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Is there a CAG gamertag for this? I could make one, but just wanted to know if we already had one established.[/QUOTE]

The CAG gamertag is "CAG CoD MW2" (without quotes).

[quote name='Wet Ninja']The CAG gamertag is "CAG CoD MW2" (without quotes).[/QUOTE]

Yeah I found out soon after, just waiting for the FR to be accepted.

Played a lot of Special Ops last night. What a great addition to the game that has been. Trying to 3 start them all is tough.

[quote name='KingBroly']So...just finished off Veteran. I hate Loose Ends so much. Especially the part where they put me at a checkpoint where I almost insantly die if I didn't move the exact right way near the end. Just...RARGAGAGARTARRT^AREFARTWAETAETAGHAETFAWEYQ#!!!

Once you get past that it's really downhill from there. Now just to get those remaining 35 Intel. Ugh. At least I'll be able to enjoy that by putting it on Recruit so I can take rockets to the face and laugh.[/QUOTE]

I finished it last night on Veteran too. The end of Loose Ends was really the only hard part of the game for me. It was all about
flashbangs and luck
. Now on to Special Ops...

wow, the only thing I can say I wish they could improve on about this game is the cheesy looking achievement icons...photoshop gradient tool ftl.

For someone not familiar with the game (nor with the entire series), what is the point of having a tactical nuke that just ends the game? That just seems stupid. I must be missing something, though.

I've gotten the Tactical Nuke twice.. both on the same match and same mode HCTDM.

The level is the "highrise" one with all the cranes and shit.

I was playing for the Nuke in both the game so I could get that accolade or whatever you call it where you need to call in 2 nukes to unlock it.

p90/Magnum Bling Pro, Cold Blooded Pro and Commando Pro were my perks.

My killstreaks were Hind, Pavelow and Nuke. both times I got the hind after a 7 kill streak, got the Pavelow with the help from the hind so it came right after. Got about 6 kills out of that. Then just ran around in the underground tunnel picking people off.

and for crunchewy... a 25 kill streak is "hard" to obtain. A lot of people have a hard time getting a 20kill streak let alone a 25 one. I think a tactical nuke that awards someone for accomplishing something pretty "rare" liike a 25 kill streak is good way of doing it.

If you allow someone to get a 25 kill streak the game definitely deserves to end "quickly."

I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I'm playing online through a router, and I opened the 4 Xbox Live ports for the router. The first day I played this game I lagged on the first map because of the host, I backed out and joined a new party and didn't lag once. Since that first day, I've been having lag every single day no matter what time of day I play. I have no idea why and its ungodly frustrating to have 5 kills and 15 deaths just because of lag. I've never had any problems on any other Xbox Live games, it appears to be just this one. Any ideas?

Beat campaign on vet and made it to level 10 online last night after just starting off. I don't see this game getting old for me anytime soon.

Going to make a recruit run for the intel locations and a few other achievements I missed, then a spec ops run for the 69 stars, then it will be time to really focus on the online section. Got a few friends picking up the game today, so I'm looking forward to the online spec ops and multiplayer with them.

Awesome game.

I beat the Campaign on regular and was a little disappointed. It's like they HAD to have slo-mo every 5 seconds. However, I think it'll be a lot more fun on Veteran.

[quote name='Azumangaman']I beat the Campaign on regular and was a little disappointed. It's like they HAD to have slo-mo every 5 seconds. However, I think it'll be a lot more fun on Veteran.[/QUOTE]

Even veteran won't be much more fun for you imo. Since i played on hardened first, it only took me 7 hours for veteran. Took me 14 hours 58 minutes to 100 percent sp.

Didn't get a chance to read this whole thread, but did a search and didn't find anything. Does anyone know where the option to turn on/off the "offensive level" is? When I first started the game I got the option to skip or play it. My brother and another friend both said they didn't get the option. My brother even started a new game and still didn't get the option.

I think people are nuts for thinking the maps are lame. The maps are way awesome. They actually have size unlike the previous. You can actually snipe if you wanna. Plus there is a good variety.

I just beat the game on veteran and I was confused by the story. Can anyone explain to me
what the deal was with Shepherd? What ever happened to Makarov? Maybe just a straight up explanation of what happened?

Still on the edge on whether to get this game or not. I sort of enjoyed CoD4, but didn't really think it was great at all. I simply bought it because I had friends who had the game.

Does anyone recommend it if I thought the game was so-so?

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Still on the edge on whether to get this game or not. I sort of enjoyed CoD4, but didn't really think it was great at all. I simply bought it because I had friends who had the game.

Does anyone recommend it if I thought the game was so-so?[/QUOTE]
Don't get it for the single player. And multiplayer is fun... but nothing different from COD4. If you have friends that are going to stick with it - then I recommend it.

I didnt understand what you guys meant when you said the game was "busy," but damn I get it now.

I ran into a room and checked the door to the left, then the window in the middle, then the hole in the wall right, then was shot in the head by from the crack in the floor.

Its not that I really dislike it but damn..can not every room have 50 ways to get shot from?

Other than that I love all of the new features of the multiplayer.

[quote name='rrotundo']Didn't get a chance to read this whole thread, but did a search and didn't find anything. Does anyone know where the option to turn on/off the "offensive level" is? When I first started the game I got the option to skip or play it. My brother and another friend both said they didn't get the option. My brother even started a new game and still didn't get the option.[/QUOTE]
It depends on if he is connected to Live cause it was an update they put out so you can have the option. If your not connected to Live then you don't have access to it.

Roughly 17 and half hours for 100% on Campaign for me. I must've spent 45 minutes just idling at menus (It counts that!).

Now I just want to try some Spec Ops, but I cannot find a partner.

[quote name='KingBroly']Roughly 17 and half hours for 100% on Campaign for me. I must've spent 45 minutes just idling at menus (It counts that!).

Now I just want to try some Spec Ops, but I cannot find a partner.[/QUOTE]

Hit me up sometime.

[quote name='BackInBlack']Hit me up sometime.[/QUOTE]
Me too!

[quote name='cdietschrun'] I just beat the game on veteran and I was confused by the story. Can anyone explain to me [/QUOTE]
How was it on vet? As hard as the first one? I played the first one forever to get all the achievements I could and beat it. I only just started playing through this one on vet. Looks great.

Per fourzerotwo on Twitter:

"New Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer playlists added on all platforms. Mosh Pit, 3rd Person Team Tactical, and Team Deathmatch Express!"

What, What!!:twoguns:

[quote name='DarkNessBear']Uh, what is Team Deathmatch Express?

Also - does anybody want to play? Special ops or online. Hit me up: DarknessBearX[/QUOTE]

Here's the info on the new playlists: PL Descriptions

bread's done
Back