CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='Pck21']Couple that with the fact that they spent $60 to sit and camp for hours on end. How much fun is that, seriously? The sad part is that it works on me because I have so much fun running around, so my KDR is off because I die so much from campers.[/QUOTE]

This.

Everyone on here is complaining about the nukes. I have put in about 27-30 hrs into multiplayer, and literally haven't seen a single nuke. Although, most of my games are free for all, so i suppose thats a lot harder to get that when the game is only to 30 kills

I really, really hate the fucking FMJs.

Anyway, I am very confused at air support. Why is it that sometimes it only takes 1 stinger to blow up a chopper and other times I shoot up to 4 without it even hitting?

It doesnt happen often but everyone once and a while it seems like it impossible to shoot something down.

Just got a nuke while playing domination from clearing out the other team's capture points with about 15 knife kills and 10 chopper gunner kills. I can see why people think it's cheap in objective games, but why people don't swap to an anti air class as soon as a killstreak pops up is beyond me. I was surprised that they didn't kill me while I was in the chopper gunner since they had UAV and I was near their only cature point without any stealth perks. Only the second time I've seen a nuke, the other time was in FFA.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Anyway, I am very confused at air support. Why is it that sometimes it only takes 1 stinger to blow up a chopper and other times I shoot up to 4 without it even hitting?

It doesnt happen often but everyone once and a while it seems like it impossible to shoot something down.[/QUOTE]The Pavelow & Chopper Gunner have 1 flare each that will distract a missile, then any other missiles will destroy it. Then the AC130 has 2 flares that each will distract a missile.

However, the 'Javelin' can 1 shot any of the aircraft because the missile lands from above & ultimately misses the flares. The 'AT4' can't lock onto the AC130, but it can to any other air support. Even after all the flares and what not, missile can and do tend to miss alot.

[quote name='Sdawg']Just got a nuke while playing domination from clearing out the other team's capture points with about 15 knife kills and 10 chopper gunner kills. I can see why people think it's cheap in objective games, but why people don't swap to an anti air class as soon as a killstreak pops up is beyond me. I was surprised that they didn't kill me while I was in the chopper gunner since they had UAV and I was near their only cature point without any stealth perks. Only the second time I've seen a nuke, the other time was in FFA.[/QUOTE]

Although I agree that not enough people go after the air support but its not as easy as it seems. Its not like people can wish the choppers to blow up, if you dont have Cold blooded on you can expect to die at least twice for even daring to look at the air support.

I am just saying there has been plenty of matches where I see 2 or 3 people trying to take out the air support but they either get shot in the back due to the their not protecting them or constantly get killed by the air support itself.

True, if you don't have a cold blooded+anti air equipped class it's a pain to shoot stuff out of the sky. On a side note, I do find it funny when people decide to run up to me while I'm locking on to an air support and instead of protecting me decide to start firing at the thing with their assault rifle, usually drawing the enemy team and killstreak reward to shoot me. At least they got the idea that they should be doing something, although it needs a bit of refining,lol.

I laugh/get angry when someone on my team actually tries shooting down air support with a weapon. It makes no sense now that the rockets can lock on. Was only a good idea to use a LMG in CoD4 because the rockets did not lock on. But now with 2 stingers there is no reason to even look at it unless you have one.

Anyone interested in doing some spec ops missions on veteran (360)? Most of my friends either suck / get frustrated at repeated attempts, or don't play often enough to try some of the more serious challenges.

Add me if you are interested, live account: wizard341.

See you in game!

[quote name='LordKefka06']The Pavelow & Chopper Gunner have 1 flare each that will distract a missile, then any other missiles will destroy it. Then the AC130 has 2 flares that each will distract a missile.

However, the 'Javelin' can 1 shot any of the aircraft because the missile lands from above & ultimately misses the flares. The 'AT4' can't lock onto the AC130, but it can to any other air support. Even after all the flares and what not, missile can and do tend to miss alot.[/QUOTE]

That Javelin can be distracted by the flares though. I use the Jav alot and I've seen it happen many times. It goes straight up, and then straight down into the flares.

[quote name='-BigC-']I laugh/get angry when someone on my team actually tries shooting down air support with a weapon. It makes no sense now that the rockets can lock on. Was only a good idea to use a LMG in CoD4 because the rockets did not lock on. But now with 2 stingers there is no reason to even look at it unless you have one.[/QUOTE]

If I have an LMG, (not often) and nobody on my team has died yet, I'm going to try to at least weaken whatever's up there.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']do I need to play part 1 to understand part 2?[/QUOTE]

Even if you played part 1, part 2 won't make any sense.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']do I need to play part 1 to understand part 2?[/QUOTE]
I'd play CoD4 second. It's a much better game than CoD6.

[quote name='Trakan']If I have an LMG, (not often) and nobody on my team has died yet, I'm going to try to at least weaken whatever's up there.[/QUOTE]

Amen. Especially if it's a damn Pavelow as the Javelin isn't always a one hit kill. Well... assuming it doesn't miss or get flared. Plus it only takes one guy firing at it to spurn support from most of the team to get their act together unless it's an AC.

One level left until I can finally get my hands on a Model then only three remain before my AK and maybe Prestige. I've been growing legs this past week for the Marathon-Lightweight-Commando set up in preparation for Akimbo 87s (always been more of a run and gun player) only to find I'm having the time of my life harassing people with the riot shield. Almost more so than honing my knife skills because it is SO fucking annoying for randoms to deal with once you've figured out how to make the most of it.

I just wish I could find a decent FAQ so I could tackle better players. I've grown tired of getting stunned before I can line up a second melee or throwing knife.

Is anyone else finding this game to be very, very, very inconsistent online? It's really starting to tick me off. I've been playing pretty heavily this weekend and I've noticed that no matter what layout I choose, or what gun/perk/attachment/ I use, or whatever, I can never consistently kill someone.

I'm very disappointed by this game so far. I think COD4 was a much better game both offline and online.

Having put more time into the MP, I'm liking it more now. This could be because I'm getting better at reading the levels, but they've settled into something more resembling CoD4 than I originally thought a few weeks ago. There's more people running around, generally less camping, etc.

I do think some levels are still pretty bad, in the sense that a game can become lopsided in seconds. Estate and the one with the central bunker surrounded by a wide open field come to mind, since it's difficult to get a beat on where you are safe. Favela does this a bit as well, since it's more attuned to vertical play than anything.

But I'm having a lot of fun, and think it's very well made. I'd love to see an option to get the CoD4 maps, and then set up an option where you play only those. Of course this might happen as buyable DLC, which would be somewhat annoying, in that I'd totally buy it.

the problem with multiplayer for me is I can't tell who the bads guys are lol the red names don't appear until your very close to them and by them im dead

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']the problem with multiplayer for me is I can't tell who the bads guys are lol the red names don't appear until your very close to them and by them im dead[/QUOTE]You shoot at anybody that doesn't have a tag....

[quote name='Rocko']I'm sure this has been mentioned, but the model 1887 shotgun is rage-inducing. It has the most unbelievable range.[/QUOTE]That motherfucker can shoot halfway across the map, even without steady aim.

Seems like Free For All is my best mode. I suck ass in team death match--K/D .51 or so. Played Free For All tonight and was postive every game. Best was 20-7, worst was 15-14.

LOL. I netted over 13,000 exp in challenges in one match because of those beauties. If you get drop on someone you'll dominate close and mid-range because whatever you can't one shot you'll be sure to finish off in a few seconds with a follow up after cover. Basically anyone with a half decent grasp of the maps, right perks and solid reaction time can clean house one-on-one or two-on-one provided the group is close enough. Throw Last Stand in the mix if you happen to be feeling particularly evil for a guaranteed lobby cursing afterward. Aside from hardcore camping (which I have absolutely no interest in doing) 87s are probably my only shot at earning a legit Nuke.

Great guns are great but against serious teams and the usual campers I'd imagine you'll have to dig deep and earn your kills or prepare to get wrecked. In public though? You're almost guaranteed to go positive most of the time.

Anyway with these demon cannons I'm looking forward to unlocking my AK more than ever to main with them for a while before switching back to maining a regular pump with commando. I guess I won't be prestiging for some time.

I'm really sick of getting "fake" nuked. A guy joins his friend's game, gets on the opposite team and tactically spawns next to him to die 25 times and give him a free nuke.

fucking fix that shit, Infinity Ward.

I know you guys are playing way more then me probably. I just hit 23 hours. Been playing a little Search and Destroy and a crap ton of Team Death Match. Yet to see a nuke.

What mode are you playing Trakan that you see the fake nukes? ...so I know what to avoid.

I mostly play mosh pit so it switches it up all the time, but it's usually domination that people are able to do it. We would have won the game every single time that shit happened. It's unbelievable that IW overlooked something so important - internet $$$$$$s.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Is there a site that has all the requirements to get call signs and emblems?[/QUOTE]

Here's a SITE that has "most" of the requirements and gets updated quite frequently. Credit to LordKefka06.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']Is there a site that has all the requirements to get call signs and emblems?
[/QUOTE]

you can also see them all from x360a - HERE

They show all the callsigns on all the pages. Just if u wanted to see what all of them look like. (edit - didn't notice cod wiki updated for all callsign pics) Has details on most how they unlock. No emblems on x360a, u gotta go to cod wiki for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordKefka06']You shoot at anybody that doesn't have a tag....[/QUOTE]

That doesn't work too well for me since I play on HC. I almost ended up TKing three or four of my guys since I aim over them and their names never appeared till I tried to shoot them.

[quote name='Trakan']I'm really sick of getting "fake" nuked. A guy joins his friend's game, gets on the opposite team and tactically spawns next to him to die 25 times and give him a free nuke.

fucking fix that shit, Infinity Ward.[/QUOTE]

lol, i haven't run into this...sounds weak. Guess it helps to run with a party of 6 people that know each other, to prevent this from happening.

99138229.jpg
Tac-Knife is that amazing.

As for the "fake" nukes, that shit is annoying. I think that the best way to avoid it is to start paying attention to the death skulls if you see anyone with a low KDR.

[quote name='moojuice']
[IG]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/2796/99138229.jpg[/IMG]

[/QUOTE]

You know, with the way the knives work in MW1 and MW2, it's just not fun for the person being knifed. If someone has a gun and shoots better than I do, I can accept that and it's fair game and fun. But even the stock knife without all the new knife upgrades/perks has a ridiculously long range. Reach out 20 feet and stab someone.

There are other games that do melee weapons right, like TF2 and L4D2, but not this game.

I'm glad you're enjoying your new knife upgrades but it's a net loss for the game as a whole.

This nuke boosting is becoming borderline absurd. I shouldn't need to confine myself to six or seven hoppers just to avoid them. I think my encounter rate of them in Ground War is around 40% and some other objective hoppers aren't too far behind that.

This has completely raped my W/L ratio because every time my team is winning, we get nuked by the losing team who clearly didn't obtain the nuke in any fair way. I really don't want to be forced to get a full party every time I want to play a damned objective game.

/* End Rant */

Yeah, they need to take nukes out of objective games and only have them in the deathmatch modes.

Hasn't happened to me yet. Only seen a nuke once, and it was by a teammate--Attacking MVP a fellow CAG.

^

maybe run a check on the nuke killstreak that you killed more than 2-3 different player names? Or have it so you can't kill a single player X amount of times and receive rewards? So you can't just go 5-0 then slaughter PlayerA to boost your killstreak and receive the reward. I dont program so I dont know if thats easy to add.

I did some see code on x360a during the EMP vs Nuke debate. For those who dont know an EMP will never take out a nuke. EMP doesn't even look for a nuke during its checks, which disables sent guns, harriers, choppers..etc. Wonder if they can run a check like this against who you have killed or can't have you kill 1 player over and over.

[quote name='moojuice']
99138229.jpg

As for the "fake" nukes, that shit is annoying. I think that the best way to avoid it is to start paying attention to the death skulls if you see anyone with a low KDR.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I agree, its not impressive at all in this game. The two classes that have become the biggest shells of their former glory would be the knife class and the shotgun class.

Teleporting 3 ft through 6 bullets to stab someone isnt really that awesome, neither is the dual wielding shotguns.

Now I am not saying I dont take advantage of these flaws but they are pretty damn lame.

Domination is about capturing the flag points so you all are right, the game shouldn't end due to a nuke. They should just disable that or get rid of nukes in team based objective games like domination. Plus the fact that I always get these really low ranked, people with no common sense on my team sucks because they just give deaths and let the other team get an ac130 and it's basically game over. Why don't people try and shoot the chopper down and/or just get an rgp or some missile to shoot it down? Also annoying is when people just go running around, knifing people the whole game or when they just use the riot shield over and over entirely. It's a shooting game..

Just played a match on highrise where this guy had 3 sentry guns and I had one. He positioned his on either side of the helicopter with one facing the stairs and I placed my sentry facing the other set of stairs. Before the other team really knew what happened the match was over. Something like 7500 to 2100. I'm pretty sure they finally blew one of them up with grenades but that was one of the cheapest/smartest things I've seen so far on the game. He ended up with 41 and 1.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah, they need to take nukes out of objective games and only have them in the deathmatch modes.

Hasn't happened to me yet. Only seen a nuke once, and it was by a teammate--Attacking MVP a fellow CAG.[/QUOTE]

:D

It was glorious, the team we were playing were absolute idiots. After I used my chopper gunner I look up and there were two guys in the same room as me shooting out the same window I had used to continually wipe out their whole team. I knifed one and put one in last stand and killed him with the last bullet of my clip.

[quote name='MillerTime2523']I'm really not quite sure what happened.[/QUOTE]

Trust me we weren't either. He threw it at the harrier and it either bounced off the harrier or just over a building and nailed the guy.

bread's done
Back