CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='woodcan']

1. Search by locale --- I don't know how many times I've been put into a laggy foreign hosted match in MW2
  2. Back out with party --- don't even get me started about what a pain this can be with large numbers of people on your friends list playing MW2 coming and going at different times. This especially with some of the annoying loud children on XBL
  3. Lobby leaderboards --- you can see what you're going up against since Prestige/Rank means little plus you can call out all those crap-talking morons on their stats (even those artificially good due to boosting)
[/quote]

1. There is that already present. I'm constantly getting matched up with people from San Diego, CA (my area).

2. I can't stress how much I want this. I'm the leader of the MW2 PS3 CAG Clan and it's a fucking pain in the ass when you constantly have to back out.

3. Sounds good.

I was satisfied with my purchase once I completed the single player the first time, let alone the following playthroughs on Veteran. Everything since then has just been gravy.

Love the game, don't regret it one bit even when I'm getting pwned by glitchers (which is pretty rare).

One thing I wanted to ask you guys about is ice skating. I've seen it done once by a guy using the care package glitch as well (when he was skating, I couldn't hit him AT ALL. He went like 42-6 or something of the like).

I looked it up, but don't know how to do it or how its done? Some people say its a hack that somebody can do, but how?

I just laugh when people lose and start saying "campers" after the match, no matter if you did or not. One guy called me a camper cos i had like 20+ kills and 2-3 of those were in one spot while i was prone. The rest of the game i was running all around the map.

Then i got the last kill which shows the replay, and i was running around, seen some people going up the escalators, so i backed up and waited 2 seconds for them to get to the top and killed them. Of course some guy started to say camper. LOL.

Today i went 22-0 in a match before getting killed. When i get close to a nuke i panic. LOL I get nervous, start running around trying to get more kills. I died and there was still 3 minutes left. I should have just waited a bit.

[quote name='Trakan']Lag.[/QUOTE]

Knew somebody was going to post that. Everyone is so quick to blame anything weird on lag. Its not lag, its an actual thing/glitch/hack/whatever. I see lag all the time, and know what it looks like. This ice skating is something else entirely. I just can't find out what it is exactly (aka, how its caused).

[quote name='The 7th Number']I just laugh when people lose and start saying "campers" after the match, no matter if you did or not. One guy called me a camper cos i had like 20+ kills and 2-3 of those were in one spot while i was prone. The rest of the game i was running all around the map.

Then i got the last kill which shows the replay, and i was running around, seen some people going up the escalators, so i backed up and waited 2 seconds for them to get to the top and killed them. Of course some guy started to say camper. LOL.

Today i went 22-0 in a match before getting killed. When i get close to a nuke i panic. LOL I get nervous, start running around trying to get more kills. I died and there was still 3 minutes left. I should have just waited a bit.[/QUOTE]

Hehehehe, "campers". I snipe all the time and I never play with mics anymore (for obvious reason), but I can imagine when I kill 3 guys from one spot, move, kill another 3, move, kill another 3 how the mics are flaring on the other team.:bouncy:

fuck Yeah! The Grind is over! :whee:

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Knew somebody was going to post that. Everyone is so quick to blame anything weird on lag. Its not lag, its an actual thing/glitch/hack/whatever. I see lag all the time, and know what it looks like. This ice skating is something else entirely. I just can't find out what it is exactly (aka, how its caused).[/QUOTE]

It has something to do with the same type of thing that had the infinite ammo glitch. They do something with a private match that spreads it wherever they go and it spreads throughout to everyone else. I don't know how it is done really and have no intentions on finding out really, but that is what I have heard for this one.

[quote name='Mojimbo']You play that much, with a party, on PSN and you're only like a 1.8?[/QUOTE]I can get a 2.4 if I grind FFA/DM, but I only play Demo & CTF. Also, I'm the leader of the PSN clan, so I have about 70 people on my list from that. Which most of them aren't the greatest when it comes to kills, but we mainly go for objectives.

[quote name='zewone']PSN lol.[/QUOTE]Go ahead, you can continue to borrow 360's from them...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordKefka06']
Go ahead, you can continue to borrow 360's from them...[/QUOTE]

Sure, if it means I'll have any real competition.

[quote name='Mojimbo']You play that much, with a party, on PSN and you're only like a 1.8?[/QUOTE]

That is what I was thinking. PSN and he can only get a 1.8.

[quote name='life.exe']That is what I was thinking. PSN and he can only get a 1.8.[/QUOTE]

Cat fight:applause:

On another note...congrats NoKill

You guys bitch about people who only worry about kills instead of the objectives in objective maps and then two minutes later start giving Kefka shit for having ONLY a 1.8 when he plays Demo/CTF? Make up your fucking minds.

This one guy on my friends list(never met him before), he just tenth prestiged and his KDR is 3.81. I think hes a booster(he has multiple acounts with quite a few of them having a KD spread in the negative thousands) but thats still impressive, IMO

^---I have one friend who has an account, only demo and ctf and domination(methinks)(he also has an acount in which he uses nothing but the knife/tact knife) and his KDR is 2.4, hes also a camping bitch who uses the nubetubes and models exclusiveley. These guys are giving(Klefka) him shit because i think they assume he plays for kills not objectives and the PSN has a reputation for having really shitty players.

[quote name='RobMinhas']This one guy on my friends list(never met him before), he just tenth prestiged and his KDR is 3.81. I think hes a booster(he has multiple acounts with quite a few of them having a KD spread in the negative thousands) but thats still impressive, IMO

^---I have one friend who has an account, only demo and ctf and domination(methinks)(he also has an acount in which he uses nothing but the knife/tact knife) and his KDR is 2.4, hes also a camping bitch who uses the nubetubes and models exclusiveley. These guys are giving(Klefka) him shit because i think they assume he plays for kills not objectives and the PSN has a reputation for having really shitty players.[/QUOTE]I don't use the M16, FAMAS, Raffica, Launchers (other than stinger), & partially noobtubes. Since all those ruin objective based modes. The only exception I have for using a noobtube, is when the other team has 2+ people mashing noobtubes. I'll then switch to my OMA/DC/noobtube class to give them some of their own medicine. That is how I ultimately plan on getting all the noobtube challenges done. I also never camp if it is not part of the game mode, such as defending an objective (HQ, Demo, Flag...etc).

Also, I plan on making a "Only Use Knife" account, once I complete almost all the MP.

[quote name='Mojimbo']You play that much, with a party, on PSN and you're only like a 1.8?[/QUOTE]You also gotta take into account that I pretty much played riot shield + C4 only for the later half of that prestige. And that my brother plays on my account, but we play exactly the same (skills, reflexes, classes/guns... etc).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='LordKefka06']I don't use the M16, FAMAS, Raffica, Launchers (other than stinger), & partially noobtubes. Since all those ruin objective based modes. The only exception I have for using a noobtube, is when the other team has 2+ people mashing noobtubes. I'll then switch to my OMA/DC/noobtube class to give them some of their own medicine. That is how I ultimately plan on getting all the noobtube challenges done. I also never camp if it is not part of the game mode, such as defending an objective (HQ, Demo, Flag...etc).

Also, I plan on making a "Only Use Knife" account, once I complete almost all the MP.

You also gotta take into account that I pretty much played riot shield + C4 only for the later half of that prestige. And that my brother plays on my account, but we play exactly the same (skills, reflexes, classes/guns... etc).[/QUOTE]

How is the Famas/M16/Raffica in the same category as the projectile explosives?

Your KD is fine, anyone who thinks KD means anything is a joke at the game. Half of the people with over 2.0 kd just play objective games and camp.

fyi, ign is playing mw2 for haiti. so if you run into them give them a few kills. every time they rank up they will donate a certain amount of money and newscorp (shudder) will match them. i think they are playing ground war so keep an eye out and change your gamertag to haiti in support.

I figured out how to do the care package glitch last night around 5am.

At about 5:20am my team was defeated by people using the care package glitch.

At 5:30am I went to bed. :p

I wonder when IW will announce a patch for the infinite cp (and sentry and ead) glitch. I mainly play domination and try to do it whenever I can since I would like to get as many of the killstreak challenges done (1000 c/uavs and 1000 armed heli's are gonna be a bitch). I hate it when people just camp, and then spam them like crazy to pad their kills. I don't need killstreak rewards defending of flags, that's what OMA/C4 is for. I also finished the multi-c4 challenge (50 multi kills). I only have 2 for Clay-more and 0 for multi-frag (and I hate frags). I reached level 65 too (is prestige 70 or 71?).

Man my K/D is only .96 and I've put 6+ days into this game just going on third prestige. How many days did you put in Kefka? lol. I don't have my mic on I just play with randoms tho I'm hoping to change that soon by getting a few people on my list.

I've put over 8 days into this game and I'm still on my second prestige, level 62, I really used to suck. At one point my K/D was about .70 and now I have it up 1.08. I mostly play with randoms or my brother. If anyone wants to play I am on a lot and my XBL gamertag is TakeoverClown so send me an invite.

My K/D is around 1.08 too. I only play with randoms. I think i got about 6 hours or so, at level 68 after 1 prestige. It took me 4 days 2 hours and 17 minutes to prestige the first time.

I am really loving the UMP45. Its a really good gun for me. But i use the increased bullet damage perk. But its really good with long distance shots too.

Anybody ever use the P90, its a nice gun, like the f2000 with more range and less kick. Had fun with it in the last match i got a harrier, chopper gunner and EMP from a clip and a half. Anyone got any gun reccommendations?

[quote name='noone13']I've put over 8 days into this game and I'm still on my second prestige, level 62, I really used to suck. At one point my K/D was about .70 and now I have it up 1.08. I mostly play with randoms or my brother. If anyone wants to play I am on a lot and my XBL gamertag is TakeoverClown so send me an invite.[/QUOTE]

8 Days and your only 2nd prestige??
:applause:

[quote name='The 7th Number']My K/D is around 1.08 too. I only play with randoms. I think i got about 6 hours or so, at level 68 after 1 prestige. It took me 4 days 2 hours and 17 minutes to prestige the first time.

I am really loving the UMP45. Its a really good gun for me. But i use the increased bullet damage perk. But its really good with long distance shots too.[/QUOTE]

You don't really need stopping power with the UMP since it kills in 3 shots without it at any distance.

Screw K/D ratios. Mine was 1.93 and if I find a useless team I find it very therapeutic to just cook grenades to suicide instead of yelling at every dumb move my team makes (I yell at TV since I don't use a mic online). 0/80 is my record!

God, how I wish there was a zombies mode in this.

[quote name='life.exe']You don't really need stopping power with the UMP since it kills in 3 shots without it at any distance.[/QUOTE]

Well i like to use stopping power, FMJ, Rapid fire on some guns because i feel i have a slow connection. (120 ping) People start shooting me before i realize it. I think using those perks/attachments help level that delay out for me.

Im on level 69, gunna try to prestige today! :bouncy:

Since we're talking KD's, mine is currently at 1.89 but floats up to about 1.92 on occasion.

Also, just a couple of quick comments on playing on the PS3 vs 360 since I have the game on both. Granted, I've played a fraction of time on the PS3 version vs the 360.

1) There seems to be WAY more people with lag issues on the PS3. There are at least 2-3 on the enemy team every match that skip around the map vs 1 every once in a while on the 360. I wonder if this is due to more people using wireless on PSN vs XBL given the built-in wireless capability of the majority of PS3s.

2) The game (maybe lag?) seems to freeze for a split second about once every match or every other match.

3) At least every match I get this strange (maybe same as #2) situation where my guns will fire an extra shot about a second after I stop shooting. I'm not talking about the double-shooting that can occur sometimes when you shoot as being shot.

4) There are a LOT of 10th prestige people and not one of them I've encountered seems legit because every single one of them has sucked ass. Pretty much every match I've played has at least 1 of them. I assume there are also a lot of situations like Kefka's where they have multiple people playing on the same account so it's just a matter of sheer amount of gametime rather than any amount of skill for those other people.

I use the same connection/router for both my 360 and PS3 so I can rule that out for lag on my end.

[quote name='woodcan']4) There are a LOT of 10th prestige people and not one of them I've encountered seems legit because every single one of them has sucked ass. Pretty much every match I've played has at least 1 of them. I assume there are also a lot of situations like Kefka's where they have multiple people playing on the same account so it's just a matter of sheer amount of gametime rather than any amount of skill for those other people.[/QUOTE]

The 10th prestige mode was easier on PS3, that's why you see so many. All you needed was a zip drive.

My KD is around .6.

I regularly get the accolades for most bombs planted, most targets destroyed, most bombs defused, etc.

KDR is bullshit. If you're in an objective based game and not helping your team, you have no right to brag about anything.

I hope the care package glitch gets patched soon. I don't mind people running around with canisters and knifing people up...but having someone sit in the back of the map jumping over a small step popping care packages gets pretty annoying.

I had about 4 games last night which had a person on the other team doing the very easy to do glitch. Only 1 person actually admitted to doing it. I was actually pretty happy to hear the enemy team upset with the their teammate for doing it also. I am not gonna lie...I tried it out in a public match and its way to easy to achieve, even if you dont spam it you are having a care package at every death.

I dont care about people glitching out of karachi, placing Sentry guns in the underpass support beams, 1887 having the old range w/ akimbo FMJ, or people speeding by me knifing me. I just want a patch for this new carepackage glitch, hopefully its amended semi quickly like the javelin since I am getting sick of seeing it being overly abused. All the other glitches are used but hardly ruin the game map after map.

[quote name='Doomed']My KD is around .6.

I regularly get the accolades for most bombs planted, most targets destroyed, most bombs defused, etc.

KDR is bullshit. If you're in an objective based game and not helping your team, you have no right to brag about anything.[/QUOTE]

This right here is the reason I liked Gears 2 split game type stat tracking. Was funny seeing people with 2.5+ on objective game and less then 1.5 on execution/warzone.

[quote name='naiku']I hope the care package glitch gets patched soon. I don't mind people running around with canisters and knifing people up...but having someone sit in the back of the map jumping over a small step popping care packages gets pretty annoying.

I had about 4 games last night which had a person on the other team doing the very easy to do glitch. Only 1 person actually admitted to doing it. I was actually pretty happy to hear the enemy team upset with the their teammate for doing it also.[/QUOTE]

Someone on one of my teams last night was doing it in a game of domination. I called him out on it. I even filed complaint/negative repped him while the match was going on. Usually I wait til the match is over. We were winning before he started glitching, but then lost all three points because half the team was trying to take packages. If I could have team killed, I would have.

I've been on the other team when this has happened as well. It almost becomes easier because everyone is trying to steal packages, it's much easier to win. That occasional C130 or Chopper Gunner won't help win after it's shot down. Grrr.

Because of the care package glitch, all of my classes have cold blooded now. I seem to be getting more killstreak kills then my kills and deaths together.

Just prestiged a 2nd time. First time was at 4 days 2 hours and 17 minutes. 2nd was at 6 days 20 hours and 51 minutes. So overall the 2nd time only took 2 days 18 hours and 34 minutes. But what i noticed was that some of my challenges kept on going. Like everyone in Prestige that i didnt complete. I have 47/50 kills with a heli. But ones i got like killing someone with a care package is reset. Also weapon veteran and master challenges are saved over. I assume this is how it works?

[quote name='The 7th Number'] But what i noticed was that some of my challenges kept on going. Like everyone in Prestige that i didnt complete. I have 47/50 kills with a heli. But ones i got like killing someone with a care package is reset. Also weapon veteran and master challenges are saved over. I assume this is how it works?[/QUOTE]

Correct... All gun Master and Veteran prestige challenges that unlock upon your first prestige will continue throughout. As will the "So many kills with _________". I am not sure as to whether or not the "Heads Up" challenge in the Prestige challenge list resets or not. I do know that the all of the challenges (I think there are 4) after the AC130 challenge in Prestige do reset each time (I think they are the ones for killing people with silencer, knife, stun, and flash).

[quote name='Doomed']My KD is around .6.

KDR is bullshit. If you're in an objective based game and not helping your team, you have no right to brag about anything.[/QUOTE]

Not always true, there have been plenty of times where even as a bomb carrier/planter I get 4 or 5 to 1 k/d's because I am pushing to plant, but don't blindly rush in to do it. There are also plenty of times I am defending a bomb carrier and getting huge amounts of kills since they focus on them and then I can post up and defend when it is planted. Then again, in sabotage I always try to win as fast as possible, especially since everyone gets mad about us winning in about a minute when they want to go for kills and they all go negative.

Even domination usually gives me a pretty good k/d spread, I start out a little bad at first usually since I am usually the one rushing for the middle flag and then after it is captured my kills shoot up from defending. I just haven't ever understood why people feel the need to capture all 3 flags, holding 2 the entire game gives you the win by far and keeps them spawning in one general area as well as forcing them to try to attack.

I wont talk bad about anyone for having a low k/d so long as you are actually helping your team win and not giving people good kill streaks that can end up causing your plan to plant the bomb the most to backfire since their killstreaks can force you back and even allow them to plant and keep it covered half the time.

Now I will admit that if you are just camping for killstreaks and high k/d's on an objective based game your k/d means shit to me and regardless of if your team wins or not I find my view on the person doing it to be very negative the rest of the time.

bread's done
Back