CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='tsg2005']BULLSHIT!

There STILL isn't a care package fix (at least not for the 360) and how long has this game been out?? 4 months? How complicated is it to normalize the speed? EVERY SINGLE GAME i go into has somebody using Marathon/ Lightweight/ Commando. I play to play with strategy using guns. Not to run around like an idiot clicking 1 button to kill somebody in a instant. The sad thing is, even after they fix the care package shit, people will still use that perk combo to run around like crazy. its stupid.

Such an amazing single player game, but when it comes to multiplayer, its the most flawed game I've ever played. I could bitch all day about everything thats wrong with it, but ill leave it at this. and b4 you say "then dont play it", i wont anymore, im just dissappointed cuz it has so much potential to be a much better game.

/end rant[/QUOTE]

Nice rant. =)

They will patch the CP glitch, but they're not going to nerf the sprint class any further, the last patch already reduced the speed boost you get from Lightweight, so that class is already not what it once was.

I think they also reduced damage or range on the 1887's, further nerfing that class. I do admit that akimbo 87's needed to be nerfed somewhat.

It's not a very successful class to play. 90% of the Marathon-Lightweight-Commando/Ninja classes I see barely go positive. I've never seen anyone completely dominate with the class.

It's always fun to see one of them come spritining around the corner faaar away from you, so you have all the time in the world to put them down.

Outside of the glitches and sploits, I don't think the game is that terribly unbalanced. I see people have success with all kinds of setups. Thats what I like about MW2, you can be successful with many different setups and playstyles.

There STILL isn't a care package fix (at least not for the 360) and how long has this game been out?? 4 months? How complicated is it to normalize the speed? EVERY SINGLE GAME i go into has somebody using Marathon/ Lightweight/ Commando. I play to play with strategy using guns. Not to run around like an idiot clicking 1 button to kill somebody in a instant. The sad thing is, even after they fix the care package shit, people will still use that perk combo to run around like crazy. its stupid.

Such an amazing single player game, but when it comes to multiplayer, its the most flawed game I've ever played. I could bitch all day about everything thats wrong with it, but ill leave it at this. and b4 you say "then dont play it", i wont anymore, im just dissappointed cuz it has so much potential to be a much better game.

/end rant[/QUOTE]

The reason that hasn't been fixed yet is because it really isnt that big of a deal. They are working on fixing things that are game breaking, not things annoying kids do. Indeed there are a lot of bugs in the game, but IW is going to fix them all. Just takes a while.... And if you think IW isn't working hard, name a developer who patches there game in a shorter time frame.

[quote name='-BigC-']The reason that hasn't been fixed yet is because it really isnt that big of a deal. They are working on fixing things that are game breaking, not things annoying kids do. Indeed there are a lot of bugs in the game, but IW is going to fix them all. Just takes a while.... And if you think IW isn't working hard, name a developer who patches there game in a shorter time frame.[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it, but Treyarch did it in a much shorter time. Every time a glitch popped up it was fixed much sooner than this and when they fixed it, it usually didn't have at least 2 other ways to do the glitch. Now I personally didn't enjoy W@W at all and the amount of glitches is one of the big reasons I was turned away from the game (compared to COD4), but at least they were always on top of it.

Edit: Then again, Treyarch didn't have much else to work on other than waiting for their next copy and paste; re-skin job.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Hate to say it, but Treyarch did it in a much shorter time. Every time a glitch popped up it was fixed much sooner than this and when they fixed it, it usually didn't have at least 2 other ways to do the glitch. Now I personally didn't enjoy W@W at all and the amount of glitches is one of the big reasons I was turned away from the game (compared to COD4), but at least they were always on top of it.

Edit: Then again, Treyarch didn't have much else to work on other than waiting for their next copy and paste; re-skin job.[/QUOTE]

For me Treyarch takes a lot of abuse but I enjoyed W@W a great deal. A few of the maps were much more enjoyable than a couple of the MW2 levels too.

They're obviously not Infinity Ward but the last game was more than a simple "copy and paste" deal.

Just prestiged for the 3rd time. Got to say its more fun than i thought it would be to prestige. Been playing a lot of Demolition lately, my K/D ratio went from 1.08 to around 1.00 but i dont care really. I just try to get as many kills and plant/defuse as many bombs as i can.

Well I haven't been playing that much since school started. Did play for a couple hours, finally started doing good in the second hour. There are a ton of carepackage exploiters more then a few weeks ago.
I am starting to love my sniper class: Barrett 50cal, FMJ, scav, stopping power, ninja, claymores. I suck at sniping at most maps but derail and wastelands I feel like I can rush/snipe and pull off some ridiculous shit.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']For me Treyarch takes a lot of abuse but I enjoyed W@W a great deal. A few of the maps were much more enjoyable than a couple of the MW2 levels too.

They're obviously not Infinity Ward but the last game was more than a simple "copy and paste" deal.[/QUOTE]

Everything but the maps were basically ripped from IW. All the guns had counterparts on COD4 basically and they were just designed as WW2 weapons instead of modern weapons. I agree that Treyarch takes a great deal of abuse (though they deserve much of it) and I also agree that a couple of the W@W maps were far better than some of the MW2 ones, but that doesn't mean I will give Treyarch credit from taking all that stuff from COD4 and acting like they put out a good game.

None of the maps on either one can beat out the majority of the COD4 maps though, there was a certain balance to the maps on COD4 that made it possible to do anything (rush, snipe, camp, whatever) where as MW2 basically forces into a campfest with the crap penetration FMJ gives and the way there is so much to post up on. Add in so many killstreaks that can easily change the outcome of the game or even end the game and barely anyone wants to move, so it basically turns into a snipe/post up with an assault rifle match.

At least with Treyarch you could consistently play a game with your friends and not have someone get dropped every second.

Also don't forget about the whole gore addition.

Never played W@W, but that gore effect looks pretty cool.

-----

What do you guys think you use that most people don't? Like for me it's C4.

[quote name='mvp828']At least with Treyarch you could consistently play a game with your friends and not have someone get dropped every second.

Also don't forget about the whole gore addition.[/QUOTE]

True about the not getting dropped all the time. The lobby merging was a terrible idea if they weren't going to fix connecting issues. It isn't like they didn't have the problem on COD4 and telling people that their ports are open and still unable to connect doesn't make it any better.

Arena:

-----

Global Thermonuclear War:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxyzDOPa5n8&feature=related

Looks like the person with the most points captured gets the nuke. Glad to see them do this, so that now the less advanced people can get the nuke challenges.

-----

One Flag CTF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_MtcMgPx2g

Disappointed that they didn't put in a "Runner Cam". Where it shows the last 10 seconds before he caps it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Game still has glitches and too much bullshit. I was playing fine for awhile until people started to use the glitch where they run around with a care package canister in their hand and knife people. The crap continues..someone start handing out pink slips @ IW as a game that made a billion dollars (supposedly) and can't even fully support their game and players. C'mon it's not so hard to fix this damn thing.

/end rant[/QUOTE]

IW has put out multiple patches for things that people constantly complain about. Might I remind all of you that all everyone does is complain, complain and complain some more.

1887s, the Care Package running, some elevators, getting inside some objects, all of that has been fixed. Pretty much the only thing left is the CPG, and while it hasn't been fixed on the Xbox 360 (it has a couple times on the sweet sweet PS3, but didn't last long so basically not fixed over here either) they are working to fix it.

Compared to other companies, IW has been quite quick with throwing out patches for problems people have.

1887 bling fmj/akimbo range, Carepackage speed, sentry guns still can be placed into pillars or other objects, elevator/out of map in karachi still works ugh. I dont have much issue with any of these problems besides the current infinite carepackage glitch...but I just think we wouldn't have as many issues if this had a couple month closed/open beta mp on 1-2 maps.
I am sure the early problems with the stinger, carepackage, 1887 would have been addressed before retail if they had a closed or open mp beta. xbox live does need a way to expedite the process of approving a patch for a game, remember the Castle Crashers mp fix at launch? *facepalm*

I dont get why companies don't do mp betas. It just seems like a positive thing if you believe your game will sell, and in the case of mw2 it would have sold no matter what the demo/mp beta was like.

[quote name='naiku']1887 bling fmj/akimbo range, Carepackage speed, sentry guns still can be placed into pillars or other objects, elevator/out of map in karachi still works ugh. I dont have much issue with any of these problems besides the current infinite carepackage glitch...but I just think we wouldn't have as many issues if this had a couple month closed/open beta mp on 1-2 maps.
I am sure the early problems with the stinger, carepackage, 1887 would have been addressed before retail if they had a closed or open mp beta. xbox live does need a way to expedite the process of approving a patch for a game, remember the Castle Crashers mp fix at launch? *facepalm*

I dont get why companies don't do mp betas. It just seems like a positive thing if you believe your game will sell, and in the case of mw2 it would have sold no matter what the demo/mp beta was like.[/QUOTE]

The Bling 1887s don't still work, do they? I've seen them around, but didn't think they still had the range. Also, Care Package running still works? I didn't know that. I've also seen people running around kinda fast, but also didn't know it was still around. Lord forbid I find something I'm looking for (AKA, if they still work).

Yes, bling 1887s and care package running still works.

Patch is back in certification today. Hopefully MS doesn't take forever.

Okay this is new to me, but i seen a dude running around while ducking. I also heard someone talk about it, but never explained how to do it. So how do you do it? Is it considered a glitch that shouldnt be used?

[quote name='The 7th Number']Okay this is new to me, but i seen a dude running around while ducking. I also heard someone talk about it, but never explained how to do it. So how do you do it? Is it considered a glitch that shouldnt be used?[/QUOTE]

If he was sprinting while ducking, he was likely care package running and it is one of the things getting patched.

Wow i was playing demolition, and im an average player, but then once in a while i do really good. This one game on skidrow i was in the first round and i was at least 19-5 kill/death. Then round 2 starts and i predator missile three of their guys, 2 seconds later it starts to lag, we get booted back to the lobby, and then i was removed from the lobby. Is this because someone quit and the host removed me from the lobby? Or maybe it just happens sometimes? Do you still get the points you earned in that game? Really sucks.

Whats going on with me knifing? I swear 50% of the time i knife someone i stab them, at least i do the motion, yet they dont die and then they kill me. I just played a game where i turned a corner, a guy was right in front of me, i went to knife him with commando pro on and nothing. Then he turns around and shoots me with a shotgun. Seriously how do i not kill a guy right next to me, while using commando pro? Is its really that specific to have your knife "cross hairs" right on them?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']The Bling 1887s don't still work, do they? I've seen them around, but didn't think they still had the range. Also, Care Package running still works? I didn't know that. I've also seen people running around kinda fast, but also didn't know it was still around. Lord forbid I find something I'm looking for (AKA, if they still work).[/QUOTE]

IW forgot to patch it if you have FMJ attached w/ Akimbo via Bling.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Wow i was playing demolition, and im an average player, but then once in a while i do really good. This one game on skidrow i was in the first round and i was at least 19-5 kill/death. Then round 2 starts and i predator missile three of their guys, 2 seconds later it starts to lag, we get booted back to the lobby, and then i was removed from the lobby. Is this because someone quit and the host removed me from the lobby? Or maybe it just happens sometimes? Do you still get the points you earned in that game? Really sucks.

Whats going on with me knifing? I swear 50% of the time i knife someone i stab them, at least i do the motion, yet they dont die and then they kill me. I just played a game where i turned a corner, a guy was right in front of me, i went to knife him with commando pro on and nothing. Then he turns around and shoots me with a shotgun. Seriously how do i not kill a guy right next to me, while using commando pro? Is its really that specific to have your knife "cross hairs" right on them?[/QUOTE]

The first part was the host dashboarding and sometimes it will randomly kick people when they do that. The second part (knifing) was lag and it happens to basically everyone.

Lol, I got bored of Modern Warfare 2 quicker than I did of CoD4. The glitching was a bit fun though, I remember the sliding glitch that was there and teh rocket, that made the game annoying as heck.

Wow, got my 8-bit/Mario Capt. Price emblem tonight! I never, ever expected to be able to get it and it's only pure luck that I was unlocking killstreaks and tried to clear them JUST as the match started, then the team we played against was terrible enough to let me eek out 10 kills. I feel like I don't deserve it (and could probably never get it a second time), but I'm so pumped to have it, haha.

After getting 10 kills in a row without any killstreaks used a while back, and not getting the mario icon because i still had killstreak rewards selected. Ive decided to try to get it again. Last time it only took me about 6 games. But now it just seems impossible. I keep getting 5-6 kills before i end up dying. Last game i had 7 kills. Its really starting to annoy me.

[quote name='The 7th Number']After getting 10 kills in a row without any killstreaks used a while back, and not getting the mario icon because i still had killstreak rewards selected. Ive decided to try to get it again. Last time it only took me about 6 games. But now it just seems impossible. I keep getting 5-6 kills before i end up dying. Last game i had 7 kills. Its really starting to annoy me.[/QUOTE]

This ones a little annoying at some times. Maybe try it a different time?

Strangely, I find that if i set my usual Pavelow, Ac-130 and EMP I do better. I think it is because of when id get my old killstreaks(Predator, precesion, harrier) I would start playing recklessly, running into alleys with a sniper, or going out in the open even when i know there is a sniper around. Anyone else do that after they get their killstreaks?

[quote name='RobMinhas']This ones a little annoying at some times. Maybe try it a different time?

Strangely, I find that if i set my usual Pavelow, Ac-130 and EMP I do better. I think it is because of when id get my old killstreaks(Predator, precesion, harrier) I would start playing recklessly, running into alleys with a sniper, or going out in the open even when i know there is a sniper around. Anyone else do that after they get their killstreaks?[/QUOTE]

Well yeah, after I hit all 3 killstreaks I usually play more recklessly and aggressively, it can end up in some kills that I wouldnt have normally gotten, but also it may reset your streak, which isnt too bad of a thing anyways.

Weirdly, I've still never seen a nuke. Level 70, over 3 Days playtime, and I mostly play Team Deathmatch, but I've yet to encounter one. A dude on the other team went 22-0 today and I found myself almost annoyed that I didn't let myself die three extra times, haha.

I got the mario icon. Pretty sweet. :)

I really wish they would fix the air package glitch soon. Not because i hate it, but because im sick of hearing everyone accuse the other team of doing it, even if they didnt. One round tonight i got 2 care packages and 1 emergency drop, all fair and square.

Im starting to like running around with a noob tube, one man army, and close danger i think its called. The one that makes explosions hurt more. I know its kind of cheap but i like to mix it up a bit. Do this sometimes, knife, snipe, stealth...its all good. Not sure if close danger perk helps claymores do more damage?

Grrr so close to getting my 1st nuke. The last two days I have been 1 kill away 3 times. And two other games ended with me 20-3-0, 22-5-0. The sad thing is my highest kill streak was 39 but I didn't have the nuke on.

[quote name='garfep']Weirdly, I've still never seen a nuke. Level 70, over 3 Days playtime, and I mostly play Team Deathmatch, but I've yet to encounter one. A dude on the other team went 22-0 today and I found myself almost annoyed that I didn't let myself die three extra times, haha.[/QUOTE]

It is very rare to see in a normal team deathmatch setting unless someone plays aggressive and the other team just sucks. The score limit/time limit is far too short if you either have good teammates or it is a campfest. I have personally had 3 nukes even though I have had 4 matches with higher killstreaks when I didn't have the nuke on (domination and sabotage) and one team deathmatch on rundown where i started off 25-0 and had just taken the nuke off at the start of the round because I picked up a lot of my friends and didn't expect to come even close to that.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Not sure if close danger perk helps claymores do more damage?[/QUOTE]
Danger Close makes all explosions do more damage, claymores, frag/semtex are increased by 1.4x damage. Its stopping power for things that go boom.

[quote name='RandomSniper666']I haven't tried the danger close perk out yet, will set it up on a couple of classes later and give it a go :bomb: :D[/QUOTE]

Best map to unlock Danger Close Pro is Wasteland. Equip Claymores and "Pro Pipe" and go into the bunker. You'll get tons of kills and you'll hit 100 mighty quickly.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Best map to unlock Danger Close Pro is Wasteland. Equip Claymores and "Pro Pipe" and go into the bunker. You'll get tons of kills and you'll hit 100 mighty quickly.[/QUOTE]

Hehe that sounds like a plan. Pro gives you extra damage from your air support right?

[quote name='RandomSniper666']Hehe that sounds like a plan. Pro gives you extra damage from your air support right?[/QUOTE]

Yep. All killstreaks (except harmless streaks) have the 1.4x increased damage on the pro version.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']It is very rare to see in a normal team deathmatch setting unless someone plays aggressive and the other team just sucks. The score limit/time limit is far too short if you either have good teammates or it is a campfest. I have personally had 3 nukes even though I have had 4 matches with higher killstreaks when I didn't have the nuke on (domination and sabotage) and one team deathmatch on rundown where i started off 25-0 and had just taken the nuke off at the start of the round because I picked up a lot of my friends and didn't expect to come even close to that.[/QUOTE]
Haha, good call. Got killed by a nuke tonight in Ground War. Mission accomplished.

Played three games tonight and care packages were falling out of the sky like rain in two of them. I guess I will go back to World at War until they fix it.

[quote name='kanjitrainer']It's getting pretty ridiculous with care packages these days. It seems like every match there are least 1-2 cheaters on the other team.[/QUOTE]

Scavenger, Cold Blooded, Ninja Pro with Silenced AR, Tactical Insertion (for big maps) or claymores/c4 (For smaller maps) and either shotgun or Stinger. Than just camp where they are throwing care packages. Use Killstreaks that you don't have to call in and pick up like predator missle, harrier, and EMP to stop them from calling their packages. Lots of time they get frustrated and quit or spend the match looking for you and not throwing care packages. In the meantime a good team will be dominating esp in objective missions.

Played some domination last night. one game there was about 3-4 CP glitchers. I just sniped until i called in my pavelow, ac-130, and emps
Got four of the first two kill streaks and 3 EMPS. Never seen care package glitchers stop that quickly. Anyway, anyone got an estimated date for the patches release?

^
I forget how long microsoft took to certify the patch last time. IW submitted the fixes for xbox live last weekend. Shouldn't be too long, hopefully it hits before this weekend. I want to get some games in without wondering if every enemy carepackage drop are from glitchers or they are legit.

[quote name='Demontooth']Played three games tonight and care packages were falling out of the sky like rain in two of them. I guess I will go back to World at War until they fix it.[/QUOTE]

Smae here.

I've only run into the glitch twice, but it is ridiculous.

yeah...been running into CP glitches too but it is fairly easy to kick their asses even with the packages.

I keep running into the other team having someone not in their party running around and dying. We lose by 10 or 15 kills and one random person on our team is 1 and 22 or something. Pisses me off.

[quote name='Malik112099']yeah...been running into CP glitches too but it is fairly easy to kick their asses even with the packages.

I keep running into the other team having someone not in their party running around and dying. We lose by 10 or 15 kills and one random person on our team is 1 and 22 or something. Pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

YES!!!!!! I played a match of big team deathmatch and someone was 1-5-47 A couple guys on our team and me almost completely won the game but this one guy. ARGH. He was the only one on our team with a negative KD spread.

A few days ago I got my first nuke on Favela in Domination. Been at level 70 for a little bit and back then I had just about 4 days of play time on it. Was ripping it up and ended up going like 37-3 or something of the like. Although, I died right after my nuke was earned, then I called it in and got the nuke-death, so really I only had like one death then. :) I was very happy.

Lately I've been rocking overall, though Nuke Jr. has been evading me. Most of the time I'm going about 33-13 or so, sometimes better depending on the map.

A couple days after my first nuke (so a few days ago), I was on Highrise and rocketed off 7 straight, then the Harrier owned and got me my Chopper Gunner. I call it in, and only get like 8 kills from it. I end up having to try to gun it with no helpful killstreaks left at 19-0. I die at 22. Ended up finishing like 38-3 or so, but arg was I frustrated.

bread's done
Back