CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='BREVITY']Playing again this morning I am nearly positive its been toned down (the commando tac knife). I am not getting half the connects I was before the update. Also have not seen anybody use either of the two care package glitches or elevator since the patch. Good and good.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was just me. I missed about 6-7 knife kills that I would have gotten last week. I thought something was wrong with my controller....lol

[quote name='Trakan']I got stabbed a bunch of times by annoing Tac knifers, I don't see any change.[/QUOTE]
atleast you didnt get mouse trapped. this one guy was camping at our spawn point in a house. when i would go to the house from any angle, he'd pop out of the house/grass and knife me.

i was and am pissed at that crap. i don't care if i get knife. but to camp in grass and just wait for me IN THE SAME SPOT and only circle the area this aint aliens vs predator

[quote name='timesplitt']atleast you didnt get mouse trapped. this one guy was camping at our spawn point in a house. when i would go to the house from any angle, he'd pop out of the house/grass and knife me.

i was and am pissed at that crap. i don't care if i get knife. but to camp in grass and just wait for me IN THE SAME SPOT and only circle the area this aint aliens vs predator[/QUOTE]

Special grenades and normal grenades are your friend if they want to camp in a certain area. They can easily tell you the area they are camping at and can even keep them blinded/stunned while you shoot them.

[quote name='timesplitt']atleast you didnt get mouse trapped. this one guy was camping at our spawn point in a house. when i would go to the house from any angle, he'd pop out of the house/grass and knife me.

i was and am pissed at that crap. i don't care if i get knife. but to camp in grass and just wait for me IN THE SAME SPOT and only circle the area this aint aliens vs predator[/QUOTE]

You talking about estate? There is a long building with a hole in the top floor. I played a few games where i would keep spawning there and some dude was just running around spawn killing. That crap is really annoying.

why does this game keep sucking me back in!? :whistle2:|

if IW fixes anything next, it NEEDS to be the spawn points. I had like 3 games today where I killed somebody, they spawn right behind me and kill me. Its especially bad when you see yourself kill them first in the replay.

I just don't understand how IW fucked up spawns points the way they did. It just doesn't make any sense.

IW = :dunce:

[quote name='tsg2005']why does this game keep sucking me back in!? :whistle2:|

if IW fixes anything next, it NEEDS to be the spawn points. I had like 3 games today where I killed somebody, they spawn right behind me and kill me. Its especially bad when you see yourself kill them first in the replay.

I just don't understand how IW fucked up spawns points the way they did. It just doesn't make any sense.

IW = :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Name one game where the spawn points aren't screwed up...

Uh, you choose where you spawn in BC2. Or any other BF game.

Anyways, yeah, the spawns in MW2 are atrocious compared to COD4. You might have had some bad spawns in COD4's FFA, but that's to be expected. In MW2 I have people spawning on top of me or me spawning right behind them at least once a game.

I got my first nuke today, finished 36-2 on scrapyard. I was trying to find the best place to hide for the chopper gunner and went to the building with the desks upstairs and just laid down over there. As soon as I got there they called in a UAV and I didn't have cold blooded on so I had to hide like 3 guys first but I had enough of my teammates to confused them around me by the time I got out of the chopper gunner I think I already had the nuke but there was a sniper literally looking out the window a few feet in front of me and I kept killing guys til there was only 3 kills left, I should have waited I might have been able to do it as time expired. I didn't get any titles or emblems, and I really wanted that awesome looking MW1 emblem you get for calling in a nuke if your team is losing (also as time expires too I think).

With the spawning discussion, how many times have i been cold blooded and spawned exactly under either an ac-130 or a chopper gunner or a predator missile, and killed because of my non-cold blooded teammate. I usually dont have those spawn problems as i move around a lot when i play this game. Ill kill someone, sprint somewhere else immediately. Also i got a game winning kill last night, a claymore on top of a tactical insertion. The killcam showed me first killing him, then placing the claymore, walking away and then boom! There was a lot of laughing in the lobby afterwards.

[quote name='RobMinhas']With the spawning discussion, how many times have i been cold blooded and spawned exactly under either an ac-130 or a chopper gunner or a predator missile, and killed because of my non-cold blooded teammate. I usually dont have those spawn problems as i move around a lot when i play this game. Ill kill someone, sprint somewhere else immediately. Also i got a game winning kill last night, a claymore on top of a tactical insertion. The killcam showed me first killing him, then placing the claymore, walking away and then boom! There was a lot of laughing in the lobby afterwards.[/QUOTE]

I love finding tactical insertions. One time i found one and just waited there a few seconds waiting for the guy to die and appear before me, when he did i knifed him. But whats better is when you kill a guy after he sets it, then kill him again right after he appears. LOL

[quote name='The 7th Number']I love finding tactical insertions. One time i found one and just waited there a few seconds waiting for the guy to die and appear before me, when he did i knifed him. But whats better is when you kill a guy after he sets it, then kill him again right after he appears. LOL[/QUOTE]

The last couple times I tried knifing a guy immediately after he tactically inserts he's stabbed me instead. I'm guessing it's a timing/lag issue, but as you can imagine, each time was a controller-throwing moment.

[quote name='kevlar51']The last couple times I tried knifing a guy immediately after he tactically inserts he's stabbed me instead. I'm guessing it's a timing/lag issue, but as you can imagine, each time was a controller-throwing moment.[/QUOTE]

I use tac insert and depending on where I put it and where I think the other team is spawning I will spawn while shooting or knifing just in case

[quote name='The 7th Number']You talking about estate? There is a long building with a hole in the top floor. I played a few games where i would keep spawning there and some dude was just running around spawn killing. That crap is really annoying.[/QUOTE] happened on rundown

[quote name='freshzen']I got my first nuke today, finished 36-2 on scrapyard. I was trying to find the best place to hide for the chopper gunner and went to the building with the desks upstairs and just laid down over there. As soon as I got there they called in a UAV and I didn't have cold blooded on so I had to hide like 3 guys first but I had enough of my teammates to confused them around me by the time I got out of the chopper gunner I think I already had the nuke but there was a sniper literally looking out the window a few feet in front of me and I kept killing guys til there was only 3 kills left, I should have waited I might have been able to do it as time expired. I didn't get any titles or emblems, and I really wanted that awesome looking MW1 emblem you get for calling in a nuke if your team is losing (also as time expires too I think).[/QUOTE]

Good job, my last nuke was on Scrapyard as well. Went 57-12. When I got my Chopper Gunner, I hid in the same building. I had an excuse though, as there was only 40 or so points left until the game was over :lol:

Scrapyard is a great map for streaking if you can keep moving around and surprising people.

[quote name='RobMinhas']With the spawning discussion, how many times have i been cold blooded and spawned exactly under either an ac-130 or a chopper gunner or a predator missile, and killed because of my non-cold blooded teammate. I usually dont have those spawn problems as i move around a lot when i play this game. Ill kill someone, sprint somewhere else immediately. Also i got a game winning kill last night, a claymore on top of a tactical insertion. The killcam showed me first killing him, then placing the claymore, walking away and then boom! There was a lot of laughing in the lobby afterwards.[/QUOTE]

AC-130s are more likely to kill you even if you have Cold-Blooded because it is like mini-nukes being rained around you. You don't have to be too precise to still kill people.

Chopper Gunner on the other hand you need to be hitting the target pretty dead on. The explosive rounds on the CG rarely come into use.

[quote name='Rico21745']TF2? BC2? Lots of games are pretty fair about spawn points.[/QUOTE]

Games that let you choose where you spawn (BC2) or have a set spawn point (TF2) do not count.

Saw the most epic game winning kill today, this dude stumbles upon a tact-insert kills the guy next to it with an AA12, lets him spawn and drop his tact-insert again and then kills him for the third time.

Yep, the spawn system is atrocious in this game. I literally spawned in front of a guy on Wasteland today, while he was already aiming down his sights to shoot my teammates with his PP2000. Easy triple for him. :bomb: What a joke.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Chopper Gunner on the other hand you need to be hitting the target pretty dead on. The explosive rounds on the CG rarely come into use.[/QUOTE]

I find the Chopper Gunner bullets crazy ridiculous, even without Danger Close. All you have to do is be aiming through a doorway in a building where people are hiding and you'll get hit markers. It'll take longer to kill them because you're not hitting them dead on, but you'll get them.

Claymore in front of a Tac Insert is one of the great joys of this game.

Going back to teammates negating your coldblooded, whenever I see the enemy has a predator or AC130/CG, I make it my mission to stay the hell away from teammates if Im using CB. Of course the occassional spawn can still kill you, but it's rare in my experience.

[quote name='Trakan']I find the Chopper Gunner bullets crazy ridiculous, even without Danger Close. All you have to do is be aiming through a doorway in a building where people are hiding and you'll get hit markers. It'll take longer to kill them because you're not hitting them dead on, but you'll get them.[/QUOTE]

Slash damage on the chopper is really good. I find myself just aiming at all the windows/doors if I can't lockdown a spawn point. I can pretty much get one or two guys from indoors due to that splash damage in each CG i get.

======
about claymore plants @ TI

Im a big fan of putting a claymore directly behind a sentry gun. if they destroy your sentry you get the claymore kill. Sometimes I plant a claymore against the side of an Ammo supply crate but that doesn't seem to work as often as the Sentry Gun.
I used to only use Semtex grenades but now I fell in love with the claymore. If you are in a building with a couple entrances...having a claymore click when someone is coming in the back entrance is so useful.

i recently fell in love with the tac insert...i used claymores but the insert is more versatile for me. Ive had people walk into a room and kill me, walk right by the insert to the window and then I spawhing me behind them and get the knife kill...good stuff... I especially like when I spawn and a guy is sitting there watching me and i get the kill

[quote name='naiku']Slash damage on the chopper is really good. I find myself just aiming at all the windows/doors if I can't lockdown a spawn point. I can pretty much get one or two guys from indoors due to that splash damage in each CG i get.

======
about claymore plants @ TI

Im a big fan of putting a claymore directly behind a sentry gun. if they destroy your sentry you get the claymore kill. Sometimes I plant a claymore against the side of an Ammo supply crate but that doesn't seem to work as often as the Sentry Gun.
I used to only use Semtex grenades but now I fell in love with the claymore. If you are in a building with a couple entrances...having a claymore click when someone is coming in the back entrance is so useful.[/QUOTE]

The claymore is definitely fun to play with. There are so many high traffic areas where you can stick them and people usually won't notice until it's too late. Some of my favorites:

- Basement stairs in Estate. You can get a few kills a game by sticking it right against the wall near the bottom of the stairs.

- Along the center brush in Wasteland. Stick it right around a corner right up against the brush in that big center area of Wasteland. People constantly hug up against it as they move around the level and they will usually run right into your claymore.

- Around the corners in the hallways in the bottom area of Highrise. All the shotgun spazzes who like to run around down there will usually run right into them.

On top of that, it's great to have some warning thanks to the click or explosion when you're trying to protect an area with only a few entrances. Even better when you're using Scavanger and can have 2.

[quote name='Ronin317']Okay...I want maps. Now. Even just make the damn COD4 maps available, since half of them are on the disc already.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

[quote name='Puffa469']Claymore in front of a Tac Insert is one of the great joys of this game.

Going back to teammates negating your coldblooded, whenever I see the enemy has a predator or AC130/CG, I make it my mission to stay the hell away from teammates if Im using CB. Of course the occassional spawn can still kill you, but it's rare in my experience.[/QUOTE]

yes but those retards always follow me. ARGH. And about the half on disc already thing, im assuming he meant that there are some maps nearly identical to cod4 maps(?) or that IW is trying something very shady.

I've been using my shotgun a lot more often recently, it's really great... unless someone is charging me to stab me.

Then it's apparently useless.

[quote name='lordwow']I've been using my shotgun a lot more often recently, it's really great... unless someone is charging me to stab me.

Then it's apparently useless.[/QUOTE]

I've become a big fan of the rapid fire one that you get early on. AA-something? Can clear out a room in about 3 seconds.

If anyone wants to go for the Star 69 achievement (complete all spec ops missions on veteran) send me an invite, my gamertag is dropbearGSH. I've completed all but the last mission in delta and the echo missions on veteran.

^

We've updated the PS3 & Xbox 360 version of Modern Warfare 2, including the following fixes:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Fixes to prevent various XP hacks (including the prevention of negative XP)

Note to PS3 Player: The PS3 still needs to receive one additional fix, regarding the infinite care package exploit which is going out today (Feb 16th 2010). EU Players should be receiving it first, with Sony NA going out later.

via http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=260502&p=3829920

[quote name='Trakan']I find the Chopper Gunner bullets crazy ridiculous, even without Danger Close. All you have to do is be aiming through a doorway in a building where people are hiding and you'll get hit markers. It'll take longer to kill them because you're not hitting them dead on, but you'll get them.[/QUOTE]

Quite honestly I think the Chopper Gunner still has to be much more precisely aimed in order to kill people. Hit markers are one thing, and it does have explosive rounds so it does splash well, but it does not as easily kill if you are firing "blind" as if you do the same with the AC130.

With the AC130 you can just spray pretty much anything (especially on smaller maps) with the largest cannon and hit plenty of things.

[quote name='naiku']^

We've updated the PS3 & Xbox 360 version of Modern Warfare 2, including the following fixes:

- Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
- Fix for "infinite care package" exploit.
- Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
- Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
- Fixes to prevent various XP hacks (including the prevention of negative XP)

Note to PS3 Player: The PS3 still needs to receive one additional fix, regarding the infinite care package exploit which is going out today (Feb 16th 2010). EU Players should be receiving it first, with Sony NA going out later.

via http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=260502&p=3829920[/QUOTE]

For anyone wondering, the PS3 patch should be out at 11:00 or 12:00 EST for the night launch, if it releases at the usual "nightly" time for patches.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Quite honestly I think the Chopper Gunner still has to be much more precisely aimed in order to kill people. Hit markers are one thing, and it does have explosive rounds so it does splash well, but it does not as easily kill if you are firing "blind" as if you do the same with the AC130.

With the AC130 you can just spray pretty much anything (especially on smaller maps) with the largest cannon and hit plenty of things.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah... one's an explosion and one's bullets...

[quote name='Trakan']Well, yeah... one's an explosion and one's bullets...[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Yes, so my point is basically proved. The AC130 (explosion) can be fired blindly and still kill rather effectively, whereas the Chopper Gunner (bullets) you have to at least aim to some degree.

Nontheless, I hear (on the PS3) that a CPG may still be around post-patch. It involves using a TacIn instead of the special grenade. I saw a video of it and I hear the occasional report that it is still around, even after the latest patch.

Now, the patch we are just getting on the PS3 (which should be in North America in a matter of hours, minutes really) is the exact same as the ones you guys on the Xbox 360 already got about a week ago. If the CPG still exists on the PS3, you can expect to see it resurface on the Xbox. DUN-DUN-DUN!

Any thoughts on this?

It really did seem like the day that patch came out that I played in a match where the other team seemed to have endless care packages...

However, since then I have not seen anything remotely resembling a care package glitch since then... I would like to believe that IW did what they said and patched the origin of the glitch and not just the results.

[quote name='mvp828']It really did seem like the day that patch came out that I played in a match where the other team seemed to have endless care packages...

However, since then I have not seen anything remotely resembling a care package glitch since then... I would like to believe that IW did what they said and patched the origin of the glitch and not just the results.[/QUOTE]

From everything I know about the Xbox 360 patch, it worked successfully and nobody has encountered the CPG since the patch same out.

On the PS3, it is just out in Europe and the folks there don't seem to be as "into" posting on forums about the patch as North American's do/will (when it comes out here).

Also, if the patch was as "deep code" as they say it was (and 402 said that a deep code patch could be "dangerous"), I am still wondering if there were other doors that opened inside the code upon patching? Maybe other, worse glitches or hacks could be hidden within the code that was dig in to, just waiting for somebody to find!:bomb:

But maybe I'm just being paranoid because we had this CPG and others "patched" several times and they keep coming back like Twinkies keep ending up in the hands of fat people, wanted or not.

Im quite certain there is a new care package glitch, these guys i played with had maybe 7-10CP just liening around(no one on my team(other than me) had less then 7 kills and more then 15 deaths) and they kept coming. Only seen this once so perhaps its a lot harder or those were all somehow legit.

[quote name='RobMinhas']Im quite certain there is a new care package glitch, these guys i played with had maybe 7-10CP just liening around(no one on my team(other than me) had less then 7 kills and more then 15 deaths) and they kept coming. Only seen this once so perhaps its a lot harder or those were all somehow legit.[/QUOTE]

Well, if the other team all had care packages, most of the members of the other team anyway, and called them in at roughly the same time there is a chance it would look like the CPG.

But that's a bit of a stretch to be honest. Basically a care package dropping by everyone on the other team at roughly the same time.

[quote name='Malik112099']I am torn. I love hardcore tdm but am better at regular tdm....[/QUOTE]

You've got to play the one you are better at, unless you don't care about K/D ratio.

Luckily for me I do best in what I love: Domination.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']Any idea when the new maps are coming out? Getting tired of these already...lol[/QUOTE]

(Rumored, but pretty much the worst kept secret in gaming) April 1st for the Xbox 360 and May 1st for PS3.

BTW, the PS3 in North America just got the update for anyone who wants to know. I just downloaded it.

There was a care package glitch for a short period between the most recent patch and up to day or so ago. It required the glitcher to prime/hold cp, climb ladder, prime/hold flash, climb down. throw flash, switch to cp, throw cp. Video with all the details was posted a week ago on se7ensins. Its been patched now and doesn't work, definitely happy its gone.
I don't mind people glitching things that dont break the game...its awful when you are unable to play at night without running into several games where CP were being spammed and it makes online just very unpleasant.

Just curious but what are your guys top accolades? Lowest? Mine are non-spared(448) and(im not including ones that are zero) a tie between AFK and The Show.

bread's done
Back