CoD: Modern Warfare 2 - Gen. Discussion & Info-New Map Pack out June 3 (1200MSP)

[quote name='RobMinhas']Just curious but what are your guys top accolades? Lowest? Mine are non-spared(448) and(im not including ones that are zero) a tie between AFK and The Show.[/QUOTE]

I think my highest is the Highest K/D one with about 600. Lowest is the Just Warming Up one that you get from private matches with 1. I have every accolade.

Highest
No Deaths from Behind - 842
Highest Kill/death ratio - 689

Lowest
Most Stolen Kills - 1
Most targets Destroyed - 1
Most bombs planted - 1

Most proud
Kill/Death ratio over 10 - 75

343 - Killed entire enemy team
340 - Highest average altitude
328 - No deaths from behind
293 - Fewest Deaths

1 - Most grenades thrown back
3 - 10 kills/no deaths
3 - Most suicides
3 - No kills/at least 1 death

[quote name='Flak']What's the secret to Backsmasher? I've hit plenty of people square in the back but the stupid challenge won't unlock.[/QUOTE]

You have to get a kill by hitting someone in the back. It's hard to do in regular modes because it requires two hits for a kill (usually, the person turns around after the first hit). I got it in Hardcore Team Deathmatch; in hardcore, a riot shield kills in one hit.

Finally got the Mario-looking emblem. Glad to be able to equip kill streaks. To me this is the most prestigious emblem I have right now. Very proud!

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit'](Rumored, but pretty much the worst kept secret in gaming) April 1st for the Xbox 360 and May 1st for PS3.

BTW, the PS3 in North America just got the update for anyone who wants to know. I just downloaded it.[/QUOTE]

If that's the case that's just more of IW being full of themselves. If they were smart they'd release the new maps in 2 weeks to counter the release of Battlefield BC 2.

That game is going to draw away a lot of frustrated gamers like me who've had it of the problems with this game. MW 2 may still be No. 1 because of the sheep mentality, but I'll have more fun now with Battlefield.

I'm not a prestiger and it took me 75 plus gameplay hours to get to level 70, so there's no way in hell I'm throwing that away just to get a new rank icon and unlock some prestige challenges.

[quote name='MSUHitman']If that's the case that's just more of IW being full of themselves. If they were smart they'd release the new maps in 2 weeks to counter the release of Battlefield BC 2.

That game is going to draw away a lot of frustrated gamers like me who've had it of the problems with this game. MW 2 may still be No. 1 because of the sheep mentality, but I'll have more fun now with Battlefield.

I'm not a prestiger and it took me 75 plus gameplay hours to get to level 70, so there's no way in hell I'm throwing that away just to get a new rank icon and unlock some prestige challenges.[/QUOTE]

You should at least prestige once to unlock the prestige challenges. Besides you'll be back to hang out with us "sheeple" when BF:BC2 pisses you off too.

I got backsmasher today. What happened is I hit the guy with the riot shield once, he lunged at me with the knife and actually went past me, and I turned and hit him again square in the back.

It's difficult to do because of the 2 hit thing, but it's possible to get it easily in Hardcore modes too.

[quote name='BREVITY']Finally got the Mario-looking emblem. Glad to be able to equip kill streaks. To me this is the most prestigious emblem I have right now. Very proud![/QUOTE]

Wait, equip killstreaks?

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Wait, equip killstreaks?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming he's saying that he's glad to be able to equip his killstreaks again, since he finally finished going through the trouble of unlocking the 8-Bit Price emblem.

I miss the care package glitch.. but the game is still fun (went 27-3 in HDTM last night :D) I unlocked all the Pro versions of the Perks last night and hit level 61 on my first prestige.. I think I'll play til level 70 and then quit.. play some other game.

Started a match of TDM, 24-0 with a class with hardline, used Predator missile, harrier airstrike and EMP. If only i had the nuke equipped. :( Best part is i only got four kills with my guns at first, predator got me three more, harrier got me 11(got three kills before i used my EMP and dostroyed my harrier) then i just sort sniped/knifed for the last six kills. I got killed by an exploding car though. :/

[quote name='Wet Ninja']You have to get a kill by hitting someone in the back. It's hard to do in regular modes because it requires two hits for a kill (usually, the person turns around after the first hit). I got it in Hardcore Team Deathmatch; in hardcore, a riot shield kills in one hit.[/QUOTE]
Didn't even think of it that way. Thanks.

My highest accolades...

Switchblade - Most Knife Kills 384 (God I love Tactical Knife)
Runner - Most Time Spent Sprinting 361
Hard Boiled - Most Pistol Kills 287
None Spared - Killed Entire Enemy Team 214

Those are the only I have over 200.

Just wondering, but what killstreak rewards add to your killstreak? I know of; predator missile, precision and harrier airstrike, ac130, chopper gunner, anything else? Ive heard pavelows sometimes work but what about stealth bombers and attack helicopters?

[quote name='RobMinhas']Just wondering, but what killstreak rewards add to your killstreak? I know of; predator missile, precision and harrier airstrike, ac130, chopper gunner, anything else? Ive heard pavelows sometimes work but what about stealth bombers and attack helicopters?[/QUOTE]

Stealth Bombers and Attack Helicopters do work for adding to killstreaks.

Pave Low seems to only work when you have zero deaths. Wonky ass killstreak. Sentry Gun works the same way, I believe.

[quote name='Bavgate']Stealth Bombers and Attack Helicopters do work for adding to killstreaks.

Pave Low seems to only work when you have zero deaths. Wonky ass killstreak. Sentry Gun works the same way, I believe.[/QUOTE]

ive heard that with both of the killlstreaks if you can manage to get one more kill before the killstrak is called in it counts towards it. Yeah for attack helicopters though, although harrier is way better, imo.

With the last patch Pavelow now count towards ongoing kill streaks. Ie get 9 kills for pavelow, it gets 2 kills and you get ac130/Cg where as before it wasn't working consistently. Haven't tried sentry guns since the update except for enemies ones I stole :) (which don't count) I am not sure if they work to continue your kill streaks after death but I don't think they do (Harriers don't seem to work after deaths either)

Pavelow and sentry guns are definitely not patch in any way... Fourzerotwo answered a tweet about this shortly after the last patched was released for 360 and said that it was going to be included in the DLC patch.

I'm quickly reminded why I hate hopping online to anything as competitive as FPS, especially this late in the game with randoms. Played with nothing but douchebags that bitched and moaned about how shitty I am at the game. I'm at Level 1 (first time I even went into the MP menus of the game this evening) and everyone else is Level 45 and above. What the hell did they expect? I don't have the time to put into the game's MP as they do. I just wanted to hop on and have a little fun. Guess that's a little too much to ask for.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'm quickly reminded why I hate hopping online to anything as competitive as FPS, especially this late in the game with randoms. Played with nothing but douchebags that bitched and moaned about how shitty I am at the game. I'm at Level 1 (first time I even went into the MP menus of the game this evening) and everyone else is Level 45 and above. What the hell did they expect? I don't have the time to put into the game's MP as they do. I just wanted to hop on and have a little fun. Guess that's a little too much to ask for.[/QUOTE]

Play free-for-all and don't use a headset.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Play free-for-all and don't use a headset.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I still have to listen to them in the lobby, but that's what the mute on the receiver is for. Just so irritating the sort of elitist attitudes some players have. Good thing there are CAGs to play with.

As you said, SteveMcQ, playing with CAGs (or real life friends) is the way to go. I'm trying to play more of this game, so we can partner up sometime if you wish. I haven't played a game with you in ages.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I'm quickly reminded why I hate hopping online to anything as competitive as FPS, especially this late in the game with randoms. Played with nothing but douchebags that bitched and moaned about how shitty I am at the game. I'm at Level 1 (first time I even went into the MP menus of the game this evening) and everyone else is Level 45 and above. What the hell did they expect? I don't have the time to put into the game's MP as they do. I just wanted to hop on and have a little fun. Guess that's a little too much to ask for.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Play free-for-all and don't use a headset.[/QUOTE]

While FFA is the way to go...have fun getting nuked every match.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']Play free-for-all and don't use a headset.[/QUOTE]

Mercenary Team Deathmatch is a good playlist when you're playing alone. Since the other teams won't be comprised of organized parties, the opposition won't be as difficult and there won't be as much talking in the lobbies (most people don't use mics in MTD).

[quote name='Matt Young']I've never once seen a nuke in FFA.[/QUOTE]

Really? I dont play a lot but ive seen three, granted two of them were mine. I love sniping boosters. I usually find them, join their party then quickly leave then join again. I just follow where they are, let them drop the tact-inserts and kill them, at least one of my FFA nukes were atained by "counter boosting"

Was anyone else facinated in following the "ThePro/Lupo" fiasco yesterday? Comments were like the proverbial wreck that I couldn't look away from. I just don't get the griefing/modding/cheating ethos and this game is ate up with it. Yet I can't stop playing however terrible I am. Thank goodness for the mute button. But really, should it have to resort to that?

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Mercenary Team Deathmatch is a good playlist when you're playing alone. Since the other teams won't be comprised of organized parties, the opposition won't be as difficult and there won't be as much talking in the lobbies (most people don't use mics in MTD).[/QUOTE]

I would normally suggest this, but even in Merc TDM you still have to play as a team in order to win and a level 1 that dies a lot is a burden and the few people that use mics could still yell. At least with FFA they have no excuse to yell at him since the only person on his team is himself.

[quote name='SlimJim0725']I would normally suggest this, but even in Merc TDM you still have to play as a team in order to win and a level 1 that dies a lot is a burden and the few people that use mics could still yell. At least with FFA they have no excuse to yell at him since the only person on his team is himself.[/QUOTE]

FFA is a tough way to start out imo. In any team based game, only half the ppl you see are trying to kill you. In FFA, everyone is trying to kill you. I find you die alot while reloading in FFA.

I usually play Merc TDM or Groundwar. In MTDM, people rarely have mics anyways, and in GW, if they have mics, they're in a party anyways.

[quote name='Puffa469']FFA is a tough way to start out imo. In any team based game, only half the ppl you see are trying to kill you. In FFA, everyone is trying to kill you. I find you die alot while reloading in FFA.[/QUOTE]

FFA really shows how atrocious the spawn system really is, too. Nothin' like killing a guy and having him spawn within shooting distance of you.

Could someone give me a run down of the current exploits and glitches. I haven't played in a looong time and am wondering if I should even be thinking about getting back on.

[quote name='Matt Young']The spawn system is brilliant when compared to World at War.[/QUOTE]

I don't know about W@W's FFA spawning, but their TDM spawning was 1000000x better. I never had to worry about spawning and then being shot two feet later (unless it was Dome).

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Could someone give me a run down of the current exploits and glitches. I haven't played in a looong time and am wondering if I should even be thinking about getting back on.[/QUOTE]

Really the only problem right now (not that big of one if you ask me) is that Pavelows and Sentry Guns don't count towards killstreaks all of the time. Other than that, the game is pretty much problem free for the time being (knock on wood... a big fucking piece of wood to be specific).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Puffa469']FFA is a tough way to start out imo. In any team based game, only half the ppl you see are trying to kill you. In FFA, everyone is trying to kill you. I find you die alot while reloading in FFA.[/QUOTE]

I would normally agree with this as well, but the guy obviously didn't want to keep dealing with people getting angry with him over dying a lot. FFA is at least a way (if you don't care how much you die) to get used to the maps and figure things out a little bit before you jump into a match where you are on a team.

[quote name='mvp828']I don't know about W@W's FFA spawning, but their TDM spawning was 1000000x better. I never had to worry about spawning and then being shot two feet later (unless it was Dome).

Really the only problem right now (not that big of one if you ask me) is that Pavelows and Sentry Guns don't count towards killstreaks all of the time. Other than that, the game is pretty much problem free for the time being (knock on wood... a big fucking piece of wood to be specific).[/QUOTE]
I always thought that wasn't a glitch.

@ the guy asking about glitches
There is a 360 degree claymore but online is extremely rare. When a claymore explodes it will explode in all directions due to a c4 ontop of the claymore. there is a ton of glitches for the game but none are really game breaking, se7ensins has most of them but like i said...a majority aren't practical in actual gameplay.

Besides that, you still get some people occasionally elevatoring out of Karachi to boost their marathon/lightweight. Most of the game breaking glitches like the carepackage, 1887 stupid range, carepackage knifers, etc are all fixed.

The spawns are really my only problem with this game. I will kill someone and have them spawn within shooting distance of me, or a teammate will kill someone and the guy will respawn with me in his sights. One of the guys I ran with in COD4 stopped playing MW2 completely because of this bullshit. I don't know what they changed, but they need to change it back.

I think Danger Close and Commando should be removed from the game, but I can live with those.

I wished (maybe for MW3) that they will give you the list of like 20 perks and you unlock them but can pick any three at one time. I would love to have bling and scavenger on at once.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']I wished (maybe for MW3) that they will give you the list of like 20 perks and you unlock them but can pick any three at one time. I would love to have bling and scavenger on at once.[/QUOTE]

To make the game even further unbalanced? No.

[quote name='help1']To make the game even further unbalanced? No.[/QUOTE]

Imagine stopping power, scavenger and bling. I think i would quit this game.

[quote name='help1']To make the game even further unbalanced? No.[/QUOTE]

How would it make it so unbalanced ifi I had the red dot/silencer and scavenger?

bread's done
Back