CoD: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3/360) $51.99 + $25 Credit Toward 1 Year XBL at Amazon

[quote name='cancerman1120']You can barely get Blops for $35-40. No way MW3 is that cheap in less than 3 weeks. I also think CAG is starting to romanticize Black Friday. Yes there are deals but not the kind of stuff people keep talking about. Game release in the last 8 weeks are not going to see $30 price points unless the sold bad.[/QUOTE]

Well Gears and Battlefield 3 will be $40 on Black Friday. I'm hoping for a $19.99 price on Driver. OH and Gamestop will most likely have their B2G1 free sale on used. It's like only twice a year now. lol I remember when Gamestop used to have these sales like once a month!

[quote name='Ryuukishi']Most likely no. It usually happens automatically like it should.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks. I'll be patient then. I think that a lot of people here are taking advantage of Amazon's generosity. Their policy says that it will be refunded within 48 hours, and already there are tons of people calling in and complaining? Come on guys, I know this is CAG, but seriously?

I preordered at $56.99 last week and just chatted with a CSR about a refund, who told me that a $5 refund will be forthcoming within 48 hours. Even though that seems to be common knowledge by now, perhaps it's a good idea to chat with a CSR anyway - that way you'll have a written acknowledgement that you should be getting refunded. Theoretically, you can use that in the event that the refund doesn't happen as it should. For what that's worth.

Oh, and thanks for the heads-up, OP.

[quote name='fortunado']Never any love for PC gamers. What happened to the obligatory $10 lower price point for PC games?[/QUOTE]

It's activision, they want to get as much money as possible by milking a franchise until it dies. Hence they don't care if PC gamers have to pay $10 more than they normally do.

I tried canceling my order yesterday but couldn't. No idea why since I choose the standard free shipping (in the event I planned to cancel) and eta was next week. I guess I could just refuse delivery and the refund would be automatic?

Chatted up a CSR and got a $5 refund within a minute. Explained the situation and it was done. No hassle. Thanks CSR David!

So then I get 2 emails saying I get $2 off of the The Greatest Video Game Music (Amazon Bonus Track Edition) (MP3 Download) ($3) I buy it using 1-click, saw no other option, and check the invoice afterwards and I wasn't charged anything. Who knows it might have worked towards any MP3 purchase.

[quote name='Mokilicious']It's activision, they want to get as much money as possible by milking a franchise until it dies. Hence they don't care if PC gamers have to pay $10 more than they normally do.[/QUOTE]

This.

Except they do care, they care very much that they're getting 10 bucks more a pop from all the pc gamers.

[quote name='cancerman1120']You can barely get Blops for $35-40. No way MW3 is that cheap in less than 3 weeks. I also think CAG is starting to romanticize Black Friday. Yes there are deals but not the kind of stuff people keep talking about. Game release in the last 8 weeks are not going to see $30 price points unless the sold bad.[/QUOTE]

thats not entirely true, there are a lot of games released in this window that have hit $30-35 around the bf sales nd closer to xmas.

I dont recall black ops drop since i bought it at release and didnt pay attention, but mw2 was under $40 during the holidays the year it released.

For those wondering about the pre order price guarantee, the following was posted in the MW3 discussion board on amazon:

"Amazon Game Room says:

Hello,

We wanted to let you know that all customers who pre-ordered Modern Warfare 3 for Xbox 360 and PS3 will be charged $51.99 for the game as part of the Pre-Order Price Guarantee.

You'll receive a refund if necessary within 24 - 48 hours of the release date.

For more information about our Pre-Order Price Guarantee, please visit our help page at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/?nodeId=468502#guarantee

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Thank you,
Amazon Video Games"

[quote name='paz9x']thats not entirely true, there are a lot of games released in this window that have hit $30-35 around the bf sales nd closer to xmas.

I dont recall black ops drop since i bought it at release and didnt pay attention, but mw2 was under $40 during the holidays the year it released.[/QUOTE]

Black Friday deals aren't what they used to be. There are times on here you see people expecting MW3 and Skyrim to be under $40 on BF and there's no way that's going to happen.

[quote name='hollowfreak']When I ordered the 12-month sub of Xbox LIVE last night I got $10+$25 off, I'm pretty sure it applied the "turtle beach" credit to LIVE. So I ended up getting it for $25.[/QUOTE]

More than a few CAGs probably have a $10 xbox live coupon sitting in our amazon accounts from a promotion last year when amazon was giving them out more than a few 360 games....I know I do.

Got denied by a CSR because I used a previous $20 game promo to buy the game so I "paid less than what it is now". Thanks "Gustavo".
CSR #2 was just as unhelpful until I pushed further than confirmed that the refund would be automated.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='velvet396']Got denied by a CSR because I used a previous $20 game promo to buy the game so I "paid less than what it is now". Thanks "Gustavo".
CSR #2 was just as unhelpful until I pushed further than confirmed that the refund would be automated.[/QUOTE]

Crap, I used a credit. But hopefully I will get the refund. If not I will probably let it go. Sure its $5, but there is a difference between being a CAG and a pain in the butt.

That CSR doesn't know what they're talking about. If you don't get the credit automatically in the next two days (which you most likely will), definitely talk to another CSR.

[quote name='hollowfreak']When I ordered the 12-month sub of Xbox LIVE last night I got $10+$25 off, I'm pretty sure it applied the "turtle beach" credit to LIVE. So I ended up getting it for $25.[/QUOTE]

I also received the $10+$25 off, and I definitely know that I did not have an extra $10 gift card sitting around, so looks like this was an error on there part. Only ended up costing me $25 total for a years worth of live.

[quote name='mwoody8601']I also received the $10+$25 off, and I definitely know that I did not have an extra $10 gift card sitting around, so looks like this was an error on there part. Only ended up costing me $25 total for a years worth of live.[/QUOTE]
Do you get a chance to see the credit before you confirm purchase? It looks like it asks for credit card wihout showing how much you owe.

[quote name='phantomfriar2002']Black Friday deals aren't what they used to be. There are times on here you see people expecting MW3 and Skyrim to be under $40 on BF and there's no way that's going to happen.[/QUOTE]

There will be buy 2 get one free or buy 1 get one 1/2 off.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']Do you get a chance to see the credit before you confirm purchase? It looks like it asks for credit card wihout showing how much you owe.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it did show me how much credit was being applied before I confirmed purchase as well as the total price.

[quote name='mwoody8601']I also received the $10+$25 off, and I definitely know that I did not have an extra $10 gift card sitting around, so looks like this was an error on there part. Only ended up costing me $25 total for a years worth of live.[/QUOTE]

Amazon had a $10 off XBL Gold promotion last year for buying a game around Nov-Dec. It's been sitting around in my account since then.

$25 for a year subscription actually makes it a deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to be shitting me! I was going to order this with the BF3 credit but my GC expired! Amazon is going to get an angry email. I thought the code expired in 2012, which it does, but I had to redeem it by the 31st... Why can't they just fucking apply the code to you account like they used to?

[quote name='eliter1']You have to be shitting me! I was going to order this with the BF3 credit but my GC expired! Amazon is going to get an angry email. I thought the code expired in 2012, which it does, but I had to redeem it by the 31st... Why can't they just fucking apply the code to you account like they used to?[/QUOTE]
???

I redeemed my BF3 code on Sunday to order MW3, and it worked fine.

Thanks! Bought 360 and PS3 versions of MW3 today and reloaded my Xbox Live account. I probably should have just waited for a buy 2 get 1 sale, but I always love CoD release week.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']???

I redeemed my BF3 code on Sunday to order MW3, and it worked fine.[/QUOTE]

I applied my BF3 code today and it worked fine too....

[quote name='velvet396']Don't see a credit yet. Please post back here if you do get the $5 adjustment.[/QUOTE]
Nothing for me. They technically have 48 hours according to the policy but I'll be checking in with CS at the end of business today if I haven't seen anything by then.

I need live and my friend was going to give me the $25 off since he isn't using it. Are they going to send him a code or is it just applied when the live is purchased?

[quote name='Capocci 007']I need live and my friend was going to give me the $25 off since he isn't using it. Are they going to send him a code or is it just applied when the live is purchased?[/QUOTE]

I didn't get a code for the $25 off it was just applied at checkout.

I seems to have received a $20 promotional certificate for my MW3 hardened order. It only seemed to apply to the account that ordered the hardened copy. My regular copy on a different account just received the price adjustment to $51.99.

[quote name='foreinter']But MW3 jumped to $58 compared to $52 a couple days ago. It just offset the decrease of live card. Am I missing anything?[/QUOTE]

I'm assuming he meant it for the people who got MW3 at $51.99

[quote name='BegFourMercy']I have never seen the code reduced in price. I would bite for it.[/QUOTE]

It was lower in price yesterday for at least a few hours. I got in on it with the $25 credit and only paid $28.77

[quote name='kklems']I seems to have received a $20 promotional certificate for my MW3 hardened order. It only seemed to apply to the account that ordered the hardened copy. My regular copy on a different account just received the price adjustment to $51.99.[/QUOTE]

Wait what you got a $20 promo with the hardened edition? Or you mean the $25 off Xbox live?

I ordered the HE for Xbox 360 and only got the $25 off Xbox live. I actually got the ps3 version for some reason, talked to cs an only offered me a refund. Was expecting something like $10 promo for the mistake or something like that :(

bread's done
Back