COD MWF2 (PS3) $17.99 with no tax & free shipping (Used)

Online is broken i wouldn't advise anyone to buy this unless your only planning on getting enjoyment out of the single player.

[quote name='needler420']Online is broken i wouldn't advise anyone to buy this unless your only planning on getting enjoyment out of the single player.[/QUOTE]

Is that a PS3-only thing or does it affect 360 as well? Please elaborate.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Is that a PS3-only thing or does it affect 360 as well? Please elaborate.[/QUOTE]

Far as i know PS3 like 90% of games are hacked lobbies. I normally don't sell my collection but i might get rid of all my COD games. Expect for black ops in till that game breaks ill keep it.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Is that a PS3-only thing or does it affect 360 as well? Please elaborate.[/QUOTE]
It means that playing MP matches is full of cheating, glitching, and other assorted juvenile tactics that tend to eventually cripple just about every online shooter these days. The single player campaign is pretty solid though if you're looking for that, but be advised that online is an absolute mess unless you strictly play with people you know.

[quote name='JJSP']It means that playing MP matches is full of cheating, glitching, and other assorted juvenile tactics that tend to eventually cripple just about every online shooter these days. The single player campaign is pretty solid though if you're looking for that, but be advised that online is an absolute mess unless you strictly play with people you know.[/QUOTE]

Yup you will have zero fun if your getting the PS3 version to play online. You might as well get black ops.

[quote name='needler420']Yup you will have zero fun if your getting the PS3 version to play online. You might as well get black ops.[/QUOTE]

Huh. Just interesting that it is limited to the PS3 version. More policing on Xbox LIVE? More security since the PS3 was just hacked? I mean...I know the 360 has been hacked forever.

Or maybe you guys just have PS3 experience and there aren't any 360 guys in here.

I picked up a like new used copy of COD:MW2 for $16.88 shipped on Amazon yesterday so that's why I'm curious. Getting sick of the shooters I have and wanna go back!

I'm part of the hacking scene and couldn't give a truthful answer but i don't think its because of Geohot's new code its been getting more modded lobbies since black ops release. You literally can't join random games without multiple cheats being used its basically unplayable online.

Here is a post behind the piracy scene.

[quote name='FDR_FERNY']"It's been a rough couple a days for the PlayStation 3, more specifically for Modern Warfare 2 on the console. George Hotz's custom firmware was released for the console and with it some experience ruining hacks have now been associated with the console. One of the console's most popular games is now under attack from cheaters using the hacks. How do you know if you've been in a hacked match? Many users are reporting that after playing a hacked match, your clan tags may be changed, emblems and titles may be unlocked and coup de gras the hackers have even posted a note to you (where the IW ticker usually is) stating YOU GOT OWNED!

So this is just a warning, there is definitely system tampering going on here and it has not been clarified by Sony whether these hackers can get access to private and sensitive data on your console or if their access is limited to game data only. Accounts are being tampered with nonetheless. The infinity ward forums are ripe with complaints and neither Sony nor Activision has responded to the complaints at this time."

yea recently i was playing mw2 in the ps3 and EVERY LOBBY was modded... God help us all[/QUOTE]

Thanks needler420...real enlightening stuff. I used to be part of the scene back in the day. Got old and have a kid now. :lol:

[quote name='needler420']Here is a post behind the piracy scene.[/QUOTE]
Are you trying to tell me that The Fabulous Freebirds are hacking the PS3 and MW2 matches? I dont buy it one bit.

Loved MW2. Got tired of it, thought Black ops would fill my fps void..but was wrong. I guess I am just growing tired of the same old formula. Its getting very repetitive to me, thats why I want something fresh...

[quote name='gindias']Are you trying to tell me that The Fabulous Freebirds are hacking the PS3 and MW2 matches? I dont buy it one bit.[/QUOTE]

Go play it then or buy it then come say that. Hell probably don't need to do either if you do some of your own research.

[quote name='jimrome27']I agree. Game is full of hack lobbies. I just lost all my attachments and fall camos yesterday. pretty sad[/QUOTE]
Ditto. I was playing a rental copy and I just ordered a copy from Amazon couple days ago whe it was $19.99. Now that I just lost all my shizz, I don't know whether I should keep or return the copy now.

^ Yeah Robert Bowling said the only way to play MW 1/2 online on the PS3 now safely is only in private matches and IW "can't" do anything about it. He said any future IW game will have measures similar to what Treyarch has done with Black Ops to prevent problems.

Hackers have pretty much ruined it, and Infinity Ward refuses to fix it.
You can still play, but you run the chance of getting into "Challenge lobbies" that will take everything you have acquired on-line, (rank, guns, yadda yadda).

I'm not sure if X-box has the same problems.....:(

My roommate got all the emblems/titles during one hacked game. He was disappointed because that's really the reason we play: to get the different callsigns. I have yet to have it happen to me, but I have to back out of half the lobbies I enter.

I only paid $10 for the game at Gamestop ~ a month ago. I'm thinking I may just trade it into Amazon, as they're offering $12.25 and I'd love me a book or two...

I read a post where Robert Bowling basically said (blamed) that it's Sony's business to protect the online integrity of their game. Later on he went on to complain about how development studios have a budget and time schedule; thus, implementing more security features was not feasible for them.

It's quite obvious - and has been obvious - that MW2 was a cash out. IW threw it out to die with the some very horrid post-launch support.

Treyarch really proved themselves with Black Ops. And some of you may not like Halo, but look at how Bungie supports their game: not necessarily with constant updates, but with how carefully they monitor and structured their online infrastructure. They care about the integrity of their multiplayer.

Unfortunately, everyone will still throw themselves at MW3, but I'm going to wait for IW to prove themselves.

[quote name='Trance Addix']I read a post where Robert Bowling basically said (blamed) that it's Sony's business to protect the online integrity of their game. Later on he went on to complain about how development studios have a budget and time schedule; thus, implementing more security features was not feasible for them.

It's quite obvious - and has been obvious - that MW2 was a cash out. IW threw it out to die with the some very horrid post-launch support.

Treyarch really proved themselves with Black Ops. And some of you may not like Halo, but look at how Bungie supports their game: not necessarily with constant updates, but with how carefully they monitor and structured their online infrastructure. They care about the integrity of their multiplayer.

Unfortunately, everyone will still throw themselves at MW3, but I'm going to wait for IW to prove themselves.[/QUOTE]

Not to pimp myself out too hard here, but I have been one of the few voices of reason against MW 2 since the beginning of the problems, and I've even been harping on the 360 problems, let alone the PS3 side of things. People laughed at me when I told Robert Bowling to his face at the panel he was on @ PAX East in March that Quantum of Solice and World at War had better multiplayer than MW 2. Well how do you like me now?! :)

< independent podcaster

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back