COD4 Map Pack 50% off this weekend (400pts)

Cantaloup

CAGiversary!
http://www.fourzerotwo.com/2008/09/10/double-xp-this-weekend-plus-50-variety-map-pack/

Heads up that this weekend from Friday the 12th - Sunday the 14th on Xbox Live (PS3 event will be later, closer to the 18th), we’ll be having Double XP all weekend long on every playlist. In addition, we’ll be doing some DLC promotion on the Xbox Live Marketplace that will allow you to download the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Variety Map Pack for 50% off, which means you’ll be able to snag all four maps for just 400 MS points.

Was just about to post the same thing, I can't wait to pick this up for 400 MS points. To all of you that said Infinity Ward would never drop the price on this MUAHAHAHAHAHA... on you.

have you read some of the posts on that link? it's a bunch of cod4 people maxed out on exp bitching about how they already bought the map packs and want something else. cry me a fucking river.

[quote name='Mako1215']is the drop permanent?[/quote]
According to the linked post it looks like it's good thru Sunday.

Thanks OP.

Thanks OP, been waiting for a price drop for the point cards to buy the map pack, but this will be even better. Might finally do prestige also.

Yeah, definitely going to have to get this as well. I still have the other Call of Duty games on 360 and wish they would drop those map pack prices.

This I can live with. $5 for 4 maps is just low enough for me to bite on it since I've been playing the Xbox 360 version quite a bit. I still hate the idea of purchasing multiplayer content (since your ability to use it is limited to everyone else that has bought it), but at least now I'll have a good use for those 400 MS Points I got from my Gamefly subscription.

Has anyone here played it that can comment on the quality of the maps?

[quote name='genfuyung']I knew my 360 would ring right before the double xp weekend...and now this...damn[/quote]

We're on the same boat, sir. Stoopid luck....

[quote name='help1']Still not free.[/quote]

True that. You can't win them all though. I'll be buying them as well. Good thing I decided not to get them 2 weeks ago.

[quote name='Edge']Has anyone here played it that can comment on the quality of the maps?[/QUOTE]

I've had the maps since they were released. If you play any amount of COD4 online, I definitely recommend getting the maps, especially at this price. Here's how the maps break down:

Creek
Large, outdoor map with lots of foliage and a few houses to hide in. Sniper paradise.

Chinatown
Remake of the COD2 map Carentan. A complex of streets and small, multilevel buildings. Watch the windows!

Broadcast
Based on the TV station level from single player. Features a mix of indoor and outdoor environments. Has some hectic open areas, including a two story lobby atrium and the large office room.

Killhouse
Small map, which won't show up in the larger game types. Somewhat similar to the training hangar in single player.

[quote name='Cantaloup']I've had the maps since they were released. If you play any amount of COD4 online, I definitely recommend getting the maps, especially at this price. Here's how the maps break down:

Creek
Large, outdoor map with lots of foliage and a few houses to hide in. Sniper paradise.

Chinatown
Remake of the COD2 map Carentan. A complex of streets and small, multilevel buildings. Watch the windows!

Broadcast
Based on the TV station level from single player. Features a mix of indoor and outdoor environments. Has some hectic open areas, including a two story lobby atrium and the large office room.

Killhouse
Small map, which won't show up in the larger game types. Somewhat similar to the training hangar in single player.[/quote]

Killhouse is only on the Free for All or Cage Match game types. Usually a quick game because its so small. The maps are good depending on the game type. Creek is ass for anything Hardcore and any of the bomb related maps.

I probably like Broadcast the best.

I feel cheated... my system is being repaired for RROD. I would have bought these, perhaps. I wonder if I should bitch at Microsoft. Whiny on my part, but at the same time I don't feel responsible for their shitty system breaking.

[quote name='Bathory']So is this the FINAL price for these maps?!??[/QUOTE]
For the last time NO! It's a temporary price drop for this weekend only and then it'll go back to $10

Price point of 400 is live right now. I've picked them up and probably going to play a little before I have to head off to work.

This is great news and good timing too. I was planning on purchasing the map pack soon; although I do have to wait until Sept. 18th for the PS3 event to purchase.

[quote name='Access_Denied']Isn't it possible to log into your Live account on your PC and buy stuff from the Marketplace?[/quote]

no it is not sorry

That was something they announced they were going to do once they released the new dashboard. Kind of a rebirth for Live I guess. I'll spend WAY too many points when that happens. It'll be just a click and I'm done. Definitely bad for my impulse buying nature.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jp0213']That was something they announced they were going to do once they released the new dashboard. Kind of a rebirth for Live I guess. I'll spend WAY too many points when that happens. It'll be just a click and I'm done. Definitely bad for my impulse buying nature.[/quote]

Your impulse buying nature can't be that bad, you didn't pick this map pack up on day one ;).

bread's done
Back