COD4 - official thread

Damm man I feel like I play this too damm much. I was playing last night against a team with a full party and I was owning them so bad that they just started cussing at me and was talking mad shit. A couple rounds later they just gave up and left the room. I felt bad, but good at the same time :lol:

Wow this game is really sweet. The single player has been better than most movies I have seen lately and I am sure the multiplayer will be awesome! Very Cool!

[quote name='RiCeBo1']Add me[/QUOTE]
Will do.

And I've been playing the single player
Is Jackson dead? Kinda sad, but the scene after the nuke went off was amazing.

[quote name='Pootie Thang']Damn I quit playing when I hit level 39. I have a test to study for tomorrow[/quote]

Whats the highest level and can you drop in level if you suck?

In the single player, I am getting wrecked in the MacMillan area after you
snipe the target and take his arm off
. Right now, I'm suppose to get to an extraction point and I can only stay alive for a minute or two before I die. Any tips?

I was getting killed a lot at that part too. Just get as many as you can right at the beginning, run down and right. There is a checkpoint over there.

There's an even harder part after that. Almost made me give up on the game.

i just finished the game. pretty good. i didn't like that first level, where they introduce u to the game. felt like the computer was doing too much of the work, but after that ur more involved in the action.

[quote name='WebScud']In the single player, I am getting wrecked in the MacMillan area after you
snipe the target and take his arm off
. Right now, I'm suppose to get to an extraction point and I can only stay alive for a minute or two before I die. Any tips?[/QUOTE]
I went into the shack off to the right. If you lay down and position yourself underneath the desk in there facing the door and flush against the wall none of the grenades will hit you. When the whirly bird shows up run your ass outta there, grab your buddy, and head for the copter.

Just finished single-player and possibly the best experience of the year.

Now my time's free for some online.

So that's 2 for a clan, any more?

I finally hit level 50 but everytime I do good in a game I automatically get booted before the next round starts. fucking haters. That's why I sometimes hate online games.

[quote name='Thomas96']I might buy it, and join you guys... I'm so on the ropes w/ this one. How's the co-op MP?[/quote]

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but there's no co-op. On or offline.

You can play split screen local only.

So, who's going to lead the PS3 clan? I suggest either like Pootie Thang or Riceboi since they seem to be pretty good at the game. Whichever is on more I guess.

I'm definately looking for some people to play with on a regular basis. Playing with randoms won't keep me into this game for too long.

[quote name='daminion']so there's no option for splitscreen multiplayer online? can you split-screen co-op the single player campaign?[/quote]

Nope. Although I hear there's a petition to have it added via a patch, but even if that happened it wouldn't be for a while. So yeah, nope.

Damnit, I should stop coming into this thread. All it does is raise my anger for killing my PS3 and sadens me that I can't actually play this great game. :cry:

I am finally going to try online tonight or tommorrow night, depending on work.

I just finished single player last night. I must say, not only is the normal FPS parts the best I've played, but the game has _way_ more variation of gameplay than any FPS I have played. Off the top of my head, I can think of 5 'mini-levels' where the game play is not type FPS.

I would say it took my 8~10 hours to complete. Though I can see if you are very good, and die rarely, 6 hours is possible. The game is good enough, that I just might play through the single player again (maybe Arcade mode), so I don't feel that $60 ws too much, especially when you factor in online play. BTW - I can't even remember the last time I played through a game twice. GOTY for me.

~S

I just got this on the cheap and went right into multiplayer. Usualyl don't do that and play single player some first. Was a lot of fun though.

If I had this game, I'd be the CAG Clan leader. I will make sure that CoD4 and Warhawk games do NOT interfere.

I hope to resurrect the CAG PSN gaming group soon and give it a massive overhaul with new games.

[quote name='whoknows']So we going to get the CAG clan going? You would be cool with being the leader, right Pootie Thang? That's my nomination[/quote]

There doesn't seem to be an option for clan leader. Basically once you get to level 12 online you can access "clan tag". Anyone who has hit this level should just put their clan tag as CAG (all caps). I have.

Now since there is no clan list/member feature it kind of makes it difficult to have clan matches. The only way other people show up is if they're on your buddy list, then they can all join a private room. But if there's going to be more than several people that might max some peoples buddy lists out. So not sure about a solution for that.

Suggestions?

If I get this game around January will it be too late to jump online?

Just played with Pootie Tang ^^
Me and Him are owning online xD
Ps. Yes i think he should be the leader. Also we got the clan going

DarkRed007, Pootie Thang, Amicus, and Dallow:

I'll be adding you to my friends list tonight. We should try to get together for a couple games.

[quote name='NamPaehc']How do you add your friends to the CoD in-game list?[/quote]It uses your XMB friend list.
So you have to add them in the XMB first.

bread's done
Back