COD4 Real Life Places!!! [Must-see]

Ive seen the pool and ferris wheel photos before, but the rest were good too.

Some of that stuff looks like something out of a Silent Hill game. Especially the school pics, and that doll lying on the ground... creepy.

One side of my family is originally from Kiev, which is like 100 miles away. Luckily they came to America long before Chornobyl.

I did very much enjoy the Chernobyl level precisely for how accurate it was, but I found the final level in Call of Duty 2 (crossing the Rhine) to be even more disturbing after living in the Rhineland area.

But yeah, the bumper cars, the block flats, the hotel, the government offices, the ferris wheel, the swimming pools. All amazingly depicted in the game. Really an absolute masterpiece of a level.

That's AWESOME. I would LOVE to check that place out. I like exploring abandoned places. I made a thread about it. Here's a site where a bunch of people do the same and document it.

www.uer.ca

[quote name='Scorch']That's AWESOME. I would LOVE to check that place out. I like exploring abandoned places. I made a thread about it. Here's a site where a bunch of people do the same and document it.

www.uer.ca[/quote]

You can explore the areas surrounding Pripyat, but you have to stay on the road, or on sidewalks or paved areas. Those parts are relatively safe, but step into the grass or woods, or any natural areas, and the ground is totally saturated with highly unsafe levels of radiation.

[quote name='Puffa469']You can explore the areas surrounding Pripyat, but you have to stay on the road, or on sidewalks or paved areas. Those parts are relatively safe, but step into the grass or woods, or any natural areas, and the ground is totally saturated with highly unsafe levels of radiation.[/quote]

People still live there, have been living there for years. Most of them suffer ...Not many ill affects but they are alive, living and continue to. No mutant "Hills Have Eyes" type rapists mutants in site. The goverment refuses to force them to evacuate from their homes if they dont want to leave they cant force em anymore.

Still not a great place to live and seems kind of odd place for a "Tourist Attraction"

What you dont want to be doing is going anyplace near the reactors, that place is still a hotbed of radioactivity.

Awesome pictures. I knew that Infinity Ward was using the areas around Chernobyl to sort of "flavor" parts of CoD4 but I had no idea they actually modelled pretty much the exact buildings.

[quote name='Scorch']That's AWESOME. I would LOVE to check that place out. I like exploring abandoned places. I made a thread about it. Here's a site where a bunch of people do the same and document it.

www.uer.ca[/quote]

that website is fascinating. Alot of that looks dangerous though hahaha

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']that website is fascinating. Alot of that looks dangerous though hahaha[/quote]

I love when they document abandoned places that have things left behind, like newspapers, letters, etc. If you sign up for the site, head over to the buildings in Japan. There's one apartment building where people left calendars, letters, pictures, etc.. it just makes me wonder why they left in such a hurry.

Like the doll in the pictures in the OP. Was this dropped by a girl that was running away from something? Perhaps she was being dragged away by her mother to get into a car and dropped it. There's a story behind every object, and it's just fascinating to me.

Though there's one mental hospital on that site where the guy took a picture of a bloody smeared handprint on the wall. I don't want to know the story behind that one..

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']Those pictures make me want to play Condemned.[/quote]If you want to see real life pictures of some of the environments in Condemned, I'll take some digital photos of my apartment kitchen.

bread's done
Back