Coleco handheld with Sega master system/game gear 7.50 at Target B&M

sdp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
It doesn't seem to be on sale just like it just got a new price and its among other 14.99 coleco "handhelds". This used to cost $50, when it was $20 at target.com it sold out quickly even though shipping killed the deal. It includes 20 gamegear/master system games that range from classics to forgetable and can also plug on your tv, definitely worth the $15 IMO.

The other 15 dollar coleco handhelds on the same rack seem to have about 5 horrible looking games.

If someone can get me one, I'm willing to do some trades, or figure some other deal out. My Targets here don't seem to have them.

This and the other Coleco handhelds were clearanced months ago at Target. I got one of the Game Gear ones for $12.48. Are they re-appearing in stores now?

Amazon has them for $50 right now, I saw one eay auction for $29. Does anyone have one they want to trade?

Original Thread
Amazon
Review

Also branded as Playpal, here is the Manufacturer's site

portable.jpg
B000IO6LEC.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS260_.jpg

segalecofull.jpg

package_portable.jpg

K13-2818-small01.jpg

Never seen one of those here in Puerto Rico, but what the hell , we don't have Targets here, seems nice, anyone have extras PM me, this is one highly collective item!!!!

Yeah thats the one they're selling. They had also gotten rid of them a few months ago since no one bought them at 50 but they just re-appeared again with a 15$ non-clearence price tag, I would think all targets have them again now. I'd be willing to get some for a few cags as long as they payed for everything but if they have a target they might be able to just go to the stores themselves.

Oh man, that's awesome. I knew things like this existed but I figured they're usually of shoddy quality, this one seems nice.

I paid $25 shipped so if they are about that for you after shipping to CAG's, rock on!

It is actually a very nice device. Perfect emulation, bright screen, decent buttons, good build quality, The plastic is kind of sparkly and very slick, kinda like a psp.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Woah, anyone have a list of the games on this thing?[/QUOTE]

I did a bit of searching...took some time, but here is a list of the included games in the genesis/megadrive version on play-asia

"Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle"
"Alien Storm"
"Altered Beast"
"Arrow Flash"
"Columns III"
"Crack Down"
"Decap Attack"
"Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine "
"Ecco"
"Ecco Jr.."
"E-SWAT: Police Cyber City Under Siege"
"Flicky"
"Gain Ground"
"Golden Ax"
"Jewel Master"
"Kid Chameleon"
"Ristar"
"Sonic and Knuckles"
"Shadow Dancer - The Secret of Shinobi"
"The Revenge of Shinobi"

Hmm, alot of those can be found on the PSP Genesis Collection, or of course an emulator.

$45 is too rich for my blood on these 20 games.

I seem to remember seeing a sign saying these things were $2 at the Target I went to on Black Friday. I didn't really look into it though.

Jesus that thing is tiny.

I'm willing to bet Sega just took their unsold Nomads and shrunk them down, while putting Master System/Game Gear games in them. :D

What's odd is that the Genesis version on PlayAsia is listed as being from the US, but the package clearly says Mega Drive. With all that English on it, one would think that's actually from Europe.

isn't this amazing? Technology has improved so much over the last 15-20 years that we can now play most of these games that would usually require a bigger system and carts and over 200 dollars just to play.

picked 2 up at target in northern va for 10 bucks.

[quote name='muncle']I did a bit of searching...took some time, but here is a list of the included games in the genesis/megadrive version on play-asia

"Alien Storm"
"Altered Beast"
"Arrow Flash"
"Columns III"
"Crack Down"
"Decap Attack"
"Ecco"
"Ecco Jr.."
"Flicky"
"Gain Ground"
"Golden Ax"
"Jewel Master"
"Kid Chameleon"
"Ristar"
"Sonic and Knuckles"
"The Revenge of Shinobi"[/quote]

So it's like the PS2 Sega Genesis Greatest Hits game collection but without Phantasy Stars 2-4?

[quote name='Ronin317']So, uh, is this thing moddable for other Roms?[/QUOTE]

oh I would love to put a custom list of SMS games on there. I already have all the SMS roms so it's all a matter of figuring out how to mod the chip to wipe out the data and insert the new games.

Zillion 1 and 2 needs to be on there, so does R-Type, ghostbusters and Monopoly.

It's pretty sweet anyone know where I could find a cheap a/c adapter for it and a cheap case, I was thinking a GBA micro case might fit it.

[quote name='georox']Since someone else bumped it, any chance my Taret may still have one? I'm very interested in finding one...[/QUOTE]

YES, your Target has only 2 left, I would hurry.

[quote name='Nephilim']YES, your Target has only 2 left, I would hurry.[/quote]

OCRAP! *runs*

I mean't in general, have these things been long-gone or what? I can't say I pay attention to anything in the plug-n-play section.

[quote name='georox']Since someone else bumped it, any chance my Taret may still have one? I'm very interested in finding one...[/QUOTE]

I have a few if you need 1. PM me if your intrested.

I just bought one today st the west-side Madison, Wisc. Target. There was a clearance endcap of handheld games, about half of which were the "Coleco" SMS/GG systems. Clearance price: $7.48.
-Eric

[quote name='Mad Scientist']I just bought one today st the west-side Madison, Wisc. Target. There was a clearance endcap of handheld games, about half of which were the "Coleco" SMS/GG systems. Clearance price: $7.48.
-Eric[/QUOTE]

0.o

doh

oh well. This thing is worth the price I paid for it anyways.

Now back to figuring out how to hack it.

yeah. they're $7.48 at my Target. this unit and the other unit (i dunno what it's called).

i'm not sure how much that ping pong paddle game also. will check either thurs or sat.

[quote name='topnotch97']yeah. they're $7.48 at my Target. this unit and the other unit (i dunno what it's called).

i'm not sure how much that ping pong paddle game also. will check either thurs or sat.[/quote]

Is there a web site on Target.com that could tell you how many are left in any particular store?

I tried looking for it, any link will help.

[quote name='robbyH']Is there a web site on Target.com that could tell you how many are left in any particular store?

I tried looking for it, any link will help.[/QUOTE]

Since it's a clearance item, you can't do this on the site. There is another way from what I read on the target clearance thread but people are having problems with that too. Like I said, if anyone needs 1 I got a few left so PM me if you do.

[quote name='Mad Scientist']I just bought one today st the west-side Madison, Wisc. Target. There was a clearance endcap of handheld games, about half of which were the "Coleco" SMS/GG systems. Clearance price: $7.48.
-Eric[/quote]
Are these in the electronics dept. or in toys? I may have to check the eastside Madison, Wisc. Target tomorrow.

[quote name='muncle']I did a bit of searching...took some time, but here is a list of the included games in the genesis/megadrive version on play-asia

"Alien Storm"
"Altered Beast"
"Arrow Flash"
"Columns III"
"Crack Down"
"Decap Attack"
"Ecco"
"Ecco Jr.."
"Flicky"
"Gain Ground"
"Golden Ax"
"Jewel Master"
"Kid Chameleon"
"Ristar"
"Sonic and Knuckles"
"The Revenge of Shinobi"[/quote]

I wish they would have put any of the streets of rage games on there

I found one of these a few weeks ago for $8.73 (weird price, eh?)
DCI 207080004
The 20 games are -
Assault City
Fantasy Zone The Maze
Super Columns
Bomber Raid
Alex Kidd in High Tech World
Aztec Adventure
Penguin Land
Kung Fu Kid
The Ninja
Astro Warrior
Sonic Triple Troubles
Alex Kidd in the Miracle World
Global Defense
Ecco Tides of Time
Altered Beast
Quartet
Snail Maze

Haven't opened it yet...lol meant to give it as a stocking stuffer!

[quote name='royal']I wish they would have put any of the streets of rage games on there[/quote]

yeah, that would have been sooooo sweet, but still for the right price, (I picked up one last year for 10 bucks at my local target), its a nice deal!

[quote name='royal']I wish they would have put any of the streets of rage games on there[/quote]
Is this Coleco Sega Genesis handheld available in the US yet?

bread's done
Back