Collectorz.com "Game Collector Pro" 50% off

Hudson187

CAGiversary!
Feedback
41 (100%)
I know this really isn't "games or accessories", but I'd figure more gamers would see it in this forum.

Collectorz.com is having a 50% off sale on their "Collector Pro" software packages until December 31st; one of them being for games. I personally use it and find it extremely helpful for managing my game collection. I also use the iPhone version (which will sync with the windows software) so that when I go hunting, I know what I already have and what I'm looking for :). They seem to have a great community dedicated to keeping the "vault of data" updated.

http://collectorz.com/game2009

Id be ok leaving out the status of completion. Just doing the full list twice seems so. . . scary.

Ill send itrack a request about completion of items right after lunch. thanks for the info.

[quote name='xycury']I was able to pick up PRO for $10 dollars.

"Buy" the standard edition with their promo for trying out eMusic if it exists. Credit card required, cancel within a week. NO CHARGE.

This gets you the base software. it's still useful, but PRO is a tad better for reporting and using say iTouch/Smartphone.

I then when to "upgrade" which discounted the PRO to $20, and had used a TWITTER/facebook coupon that they promoted to get half off.

So after all said and done, got Game Collectorz Pro for $10.

Been using it and it's excellent. Definately worth the measily price of say lunch and a good coffee.[/QUOTE]

i have the standard edition and want to do this $10 upgrade to pro. i tried to do this from the license info but there isn't a place to input the twitter/facebook coupon. how did you do this?

thanx :D

Thanks onapartyrock for posting!

[quote name='Purkeynator']I looked through itrackmine and it seems interesting but it may not work for me. I typed in "Halo" for example and I had to scroll through tons of books, movies, figures, ect. I would rather limit the search to games, otherwise it could take a while to enter all my stuff. On the positive side I typed in a couple older obscure games to see if it would find them such as Rad Gravity for NES and it did find it on the "search everywhere" feature.[/QUOTE]

Our search is comprehensive so it will return a lot. But, each search does an intelligent post-processing to float items it thinks you really want to the top of the results.

Changing the drop-down to "Software & Games" will help. And, entering the UPC/ISBN/EAN or even sometimes the ASIN will really narrow things down.

[quote name='onapartyrock']As long as backloggery has import/export features the only issue would be the status of game play with itrackmine. I suppose that this could be requested, at worst they would just have to add another field and that could be used for movies and books too.

Send them an email requesting it, I actually like the idea of seeing what movies I own that I haven't watched yet.[/QUOTE]

Now you can specify many things about your items like "viewed" or not (for movies). "Read", "reading, "not read" for books. "Drank" for wines. "In playlist" for music. "Owned" or not, "for sale", "to donate", etc...many, many pieces of meta-data. We added this recently. It's not prominent because it gets to be information overload for our non-techie users.

You can make your own filters (another new feature: under "My Collection"->"My Filters"), for example you could make one to show you: Books by Ray Bradbury that you've read but do not own...or VHS movies you want to donate...or games you used to own for Nintendo 64 and want to buy again the next time you're out.

And, access all this on your iPhone/Android/mobile device.

Another thing I thought I'd mention is that if you're all becoming members, you might "friend" each other. That way you can loan items and check out each others collections (based on privacy rights you grant). It tells you if a friend owns an item while you're in the store so you can borrow from them instead of buying it. Trusted friend ratings, suggested gifts (filtering out items they already own). Cool things like that...

We all like (and use!) the site. :)

-Dean

[quote name='iTrackmine']Thanks onapartyrock for posting!

Our search is comprehensive so it will return a lot. But, each search does an intelligent post-processing to float items it thinks you really want to the top of the results.

Changing the drop-down to "Software & Games" will help. And, entering the UPC/ISBN/EAN or even sometimes the ASIN will really narrow things down.

Now you can specify many things about your items like "viewed" or not (for movies). "Read", "reading, "not read" for books. "Drank" for wines. "In playlist" for music. "Owned" or not, "for sale", "to donate", etc...many, many pieces of meta-data. We added this recently. It's not prominent because it gets to be information overload for our non-techie users.

You can make your own filters (another new feature: under "My Collection"->"My Filters"), for example you could make one to show you: Books by Ray Bradbury that you've read but do not own...or VHS movies you want to donate...or games you used to own for Nintendo 64 and want to buy again the next time you're out.

And, access all this on your iPhone/Android/mobile device.

Another thing I thought I'd mention is that if you're all becoming members, you might "friend" each other. That way you can loan items and check out each others collections (based on privacy rights you grant). It tells you if a friend owns an item while you're in the store so you can borrow from them instead of buying it. Trusted friend ratings, suggested gifts (filtering out items they already own). Cool things like that...

We all like (and use!) the site. :)

-Dean[/QUOTE]

I just attempted to check out your site and it seems to be down at the moment :(

Something itrackmine.com offers too is occassional email alerts as to your collection's value. I just got one today for what I entered so far. Here is what it looks like"

Summary
iTrackmine Update for December 14th, 2009
Total number of items in your collection:951
Added this period:0
Total amount you have entered for your items:$89.98
Total value of your items from store prices:$24,204.35

Wish List
Wish List messages
Deadline passed for onapartyrock's Wish List.onapartyrock's Wish List

So you can see the retail value and you're actual cost if you bothered to enter it, which you can see I have not.

I haven't tried to use everything on the site, but they also offer stuff like loaning your items out and tracking those items which would be useful if you loan to friends or family.

I've only entered about 90% of my movies and 40% of my games so far and really like the site. What I like most was prinitng a book of what I own when a coworker was in town helping me with a project so when he wanted to play some games at night I just gave him the list with a picture of the cover for each game and movie.

Personally I am amazed that they don't charge anything and are so responsive to questions. I sent them a note that there was a discussion about the site here and that there were a few question and the owner joined and posted; if only companies that took our money cared that much.

I actually have spent a looong time trying to find the perfect cataloging tool for my dvd's and games, and I never really liked Collectorz because, for one, there are separate programs for movies and games. DVD Profiler is pretty nice but there are a lot of features I never used and it was a bit cumbersome. itrackmine I just found out about maybe a week or two ago when looking for new programs, and it seemed very cool, is in my top running right now. Was pretty impressed with a trial of Media Man but it's $40 and that's just too much money for something I could potentially make on my own (and not just an access database but a full on web program - I would just need to learn a bit more about how amazon fetching works). GCStar, I tried to install before and it crashed everytime I opened it up. Might have been when I was messing with Linux a few months back and was looking for a good delicious alternative (pretty much what everything is - such a nice looking program I actually want a mac!)

So, my vote for paid software is Media Man - it's great looking and easy to use. I'm going to check out itrackmine some more though, and maybe GCStar since I like having it all locally.

As for those using CueCats, I've heard the iPhone has a barcode scanner app (and I think the droid does too). I'm holding off on a cuecat until I get a Droid (hopefully in spring) and I can see how that app works.

wow this company is quite possibly the greediest I have seen in a while

got an email this morning letting me know about the new "Game Collector Connect" pretty much just an online version of your database (which most other programs provide for free with pro versions, such as DVD Profiler)

but even if you've already bought Game Collector, the Connect feature is $4.99 A MONTH :bomb: that's right, it's a subscription service :wall:

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions'] Was pretty impressed with a trial of Media Man but it's $40 and that's just too much money for something I could potentially make on my own...

So, my vote for paid software is Media Man - it's great looking and easy to use. I'm going to check out itrackmine some more though, and maybe GCStar since I like having it all locally.[/QUOTE]

I know I must sound like an employee, I am not (just a user who found the site via consumerist of gizmodo if I remember correctly), but itrackmine seems to do what Media Man does.

If you could export your data to CSV or excel then to CSV, itrackmine should be able to use your Media Man data already entered.

I'm getting to a point where I am going to start entering all my hardware (TVs, laptops, computers, DVD player, etc) for insurance reasons. I just need to get a cheap camcorder to video tape everything as proof I actually owned everything.

Had a buddy a few months ago go through a house fire, proving he had what he said he did was not as easy as you might think. Having a list and video would have helped him a lot, and since you can have the data locally if you print it or export it in addittion to being on the itrackmine severs; even in a fire your data will not be destroyed. I am going to send a copy of the video to relatives as an offsite backup.

I'm tagging this thread -- I'd like to check out all the suggestions made in here this weekend, so thanks to all who have posted them :)

GCstar

Works great for me and it's free. I looked at that Collectorz stuff a while back and while I liked it there just wasn't any reason for me to pay money for something that GCstar does admirably already. It doesn't work on iPhones (so far as I know) but it's great for cataloging your games on your PC.

For those making lists for insurance reason, how does not work out? Does the insurance company assuming your not lying about what you have or are you keeping track of scanned barcodes or something?

[quote name='basilofbkrst']For those making lists for insurance reason, how does not work out? Does the insurance company assuming your not lying about what you have or are you keeping track of scanned barcodes or something?[/QUOTE]

I dont know about you guys but i take photos of all of my stuff, which also serves as posts in the Pick-up threads.

I take photos of the games and attach them to the game in the Collectorz DB. Collectorz allows you to attach a front cover and back cover picture to the game, I use up the back cover with my personal pic since the online lookup DB rarely has the back cover available.

I haven't done it for every game so far but I've done all the rare/expensive games and the consoles. If my house burns down I'd hope to be able to get a $5000 claim approved from the documentation I have. The limit on personal collectible claims on my HOI is $10k, but I doubt I'd ever get that much back no matter how much I document my collection.

[quote name='onapartyrock']I know I must sound like an employee, I am not (just a user who found the site via consumerist of gizmodo if I remember correctly), but itrackmine seems to do what Media Man does.

If you could export your data to CSV or excel then to CSV, itrackmine should be able to use your Media Man data already entered.

I'm getting to a point where I am going to start entering all my hardware (TVs, laptops, computers, DVD player, etc) for insurance reasons. I just need to get a cheap camcorder to video tape everything as proof I actually owned everything.

Had a buddy a few months ago go through a house fire, proving he had what he said he did was not as easy as you might think. Having a list and video would have helped him a lot, and since you can have the data locally if you print it or export it in addittion to being on the itrackmine severs; even in a fire your data will not be destroyed. I am going to send a copy of the video to relatives as an offsite backup.[/QUOTE]
itrackmine does look really nice. I will probably export and use that. I think what held me back was I was looking at getting a droid and trying to use the barcode scanner app to scan everything. Mediaman has a plugin for it, but I think bcwebcam can work with itrackmine since it can put a scanned barcode into a text field. Not sure how much quicker that would be than 10-keying them though, which is what I do. Will look into itrackmine this weekend for sure.

[quote name='onapartyrock']This is the scanner I am using, it acts like a USB keyboard so I guess it would work with MAC too. Not sure if this is the person I got it from or not, but the scanner is exactly the same.

Link:
Ebay - USB 80mm Long CCD BARCODE SCANNER BAR CODE READER ,082

Works like a champ for me so far.[/QUOTE]

I hope not the same seller since he is scamming $20 shipping. I thought Ebay clamped down on that crap?

[quote name='turls']I hope not the same seller since he is scamming $20 shipping. I thought Ebay clamped down on that crap?[/QUOTE]

I personally don't worry about the shipping cost if the total price is reasonable.
You can't find a UPC scanner of that type for $6.99 anywhere, even the Cuecats go for $10 or so. The total price being $26.51 is really cheap; I just wish I could have gotten it in black so it wouldn't stand out so much in my Entertainment Room.

I just leave it hooked up to an old laptop to make it easy to enter new items.

I thought maybe being CCD and not a laser scanner would make it bad... the thing exceeds all my expectations.

Besides, what is more or a ripoff.. $20 for shipping or the $5 for shipping and $75 for the same exact thing at Amazon via a partner:
Amazon - Contact CCD Barcode Scanner, 80mm, USB

[quote name='basilofbkrst']For those making lists for insurance reason, how does not work out? Does the insurance company assuming your not lying about what you have or are you keeping track of scanned barcodes or something?[/QUOTE]

My parents went through a claim nightmare once, hurricane Andrew in Miami...
Basically they could not throw out any of the damaged, wet, dirty items they were able to recover for months until the the insurance company was able to make it to the house to look at it.

Besides, why should they believe you? I would think I would have learned a lesson from them but did not. The best way to prove to the insurance company that you owned something is to:
1. Scan the receipt for everything and keep it on and off site.
2. Video tape everything you own and at the start of each recording period have something that can prove the date (I newspaper or film your TV while switching channels until you get to the TV guide channel or news broadcast that shows the date).
3. Every year or so, do a walkabout with the camcorder and record everything as proof you did not sell it or get rid of it.

Imagine, my house burned down to the ground... I had 10 computers, 3 Xbox 360s and 3 PS3 plus every system from the Atari 2600 to the N64 and 4,000 games... who the hell would believe me? For my computers I show me using it with the boot up showing what was in the system.

I don't like photos personally unless in the photo you had something that proved you took it. A video tape of your place with you talking is damn good proof you had it.

A photo with a copy of your insurnace bill next to the item might be good proof.

I've gotten lax and need to redo all my tapes to bring them current, but I've had one friend do this and once the insurance company questioned the list and he was able to produce a receipt or a video for everything they questioned they just accepted the list as truth. A receipt is good so they don't bring the value down as much... you're never going to get "new" value for your stuff.

[quote name='onapartyrock']I personally don't worry about the shipping cost if the total price is reasonable.[/QUOTE]
I agree for the most part, however, isn't it because shipping is non-refundable that high shipping fees are bad? Has that changed (or was that ever the case)? I wouldn't like to spend $30 on something and then when it arrives broken get a $5 refund. But maybe I was misinformed, or this has changed.

I've imported the 150 or so items I had in media man into itrackmine (I've got hundreds more but had only entered a few things lying around my room). I decided to write a blog about it all, which can be found here. Warning, a bit lengthy.

Iv been debating creating a list of my collection for some time now....but it will just be such a pain in the ass to make the list! Even if my wife helps me I bet it will still take like 20 hours to catalog close to 1,000 games! I used to have an IGN list but I havnt updated it with games iv bought or sold in a year so god even using that will be a pain in the ass.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Iv been debating creating a list of my collection for some time now....but it will just be such a pain in the ass to make the list! Even if my wife helps me I bet it will still take like 20 hours to catalog close to 1,000 games! I used to have an IGN list but I havnt updated it with games iv bought or sold in a year so god even using that will be a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Just attack it a section at a time; you don't have to do it all at once.

I still have a few shelves in my living room I need to do and then I move in to the storage room where all my old games are. That is what I am not looking forward to as most of my old games don't have a box to scan a UPC code off of.

Do i need any software to get the cue cat scanner to work? I just got a free one from someone in my area . I am on i track mine and trying to add it a game to my collection and no lukc,

[quote name='MSI Magus']Iv been debating creating a list of my collection for some time now....but it will just be such a pain in the ass to make the list! Even if my wife helps me I bet it will still take like 20 hours to catalog close to 1,000 games! I used to have an IGN list but I havnt updated it with games iv bought or sold in a year so god even using that will be a pain in the ass.[/QUOTE]

Big jobs are always a pain. Just do it a little bit at a time. I don't have all my games listed but every now and then I'll throw on a podcast or commentary of a movie and do a few that way. I do the same with all the pictures I have. Unfortunately I have bought the same game more than once on accident. Having my crap listed has prevented me repeating this mistake.

[quote name='averageguy']Do i need any software to get the cue cat scanner to work? I just got a free one from someone in my area . I am on i track mine and trying to add it a game to my collection and no lukc,[/QUOTE]

Not if it is USB, it acts life a keyboard as fas as Windows is concerned.

[quote name='Baron O Hell']Big jobs are always a pain. Just do it a little bit at a time. I don't have all my games listed but every now and then I'll throw on a podcast or commentary of a movie and do a few that way. I do the same with all the pictures I have. Unfortunately I have bought the same game more than once on accident. Having my crap listed has prevented me repeating this mistake.[/QUOTE]

I agree

I just entered my old Xbox collection last weekend in to itrackmine.com about 300 titles entered and a stack 0f 10 that I need to enter manually or scan the box since there were no graphics on the site for it; took less than 1.5 hours with a cheap scan gun off of ebay (I would estimate that Cuecat would have added at least 20 minutes to that).

You don't have to do it all at one time, do a section here and there. I started with Blu-ray, Ps3 and 360 over a month. One weekend I could sleep so I did most of my DVDs, later that week I finished them. after the holidays it was my old xbox games.

Super easy with a scanner. I am not looking forward to my older games with no boxes/upc codes... that will be slow going, epically if I have to enter Atari 2600 games by hand.

[quote name='averageguy']Do i need any software to get the cue cat scanner to work? I just got a free one from someone in my area . I am on i track mine and trying to add it a game to my collection and no lukc,[/QUOTE]
Couple things to note - I believe the CueCat was originally made to send an encrypted signal; if yours isn't modded there are tutorials online. Secondly, when I got mine recently Windows Update permissions had to be changed so it automatically got drivers for the device; it kept failing install on Win7.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Couple things to note - I believe the CueCat was originally made to send an encrypted signal; if yours isn't modded there are tutorials online. Secondly, when I got mine recently Windows Update permissions had to be changed so it automatically got drivers for the device; it kept failing install on Win7.[/QUOTE]
I just tried it with both the unmodified and modified USB cuecat's and both worked (Win 2003 server/IE 7) for me. I'm doing this in the slide-down panel on the site (click the "ADD ITEM TO YOUR COLLECTION" tab). Please send a support request and we'll try to help you through any issues! :)

We specifically coded the site so it'd work with both since not everyone wants to modify their cuecat, and/or, can't find the modified cuecat to buy.

The only thing that's odd about the unmodified cuecat is that it shows the really long, ugly code instead of the UPC/ISBN - but its converted on-the-fly so we can do a lookup.

I'm also posting here to let you all know we added more support for games. As of last night, you can specify played/not played/beat/mastered "status" of games. And did a few other updates. I posted the "official" update to our Facebook page: [edit: I can't post links...you can find a link to our FB page in the footer of iTrackmine.com]

Take care! And if you run into bugs or can't get things to work (like the cuecat), please don't hesitate to send in a support request.

--Dean

[quote name='iTrackmine']I just tried it with both the unmodified and modified USB cuecat's and both worked (Win 2003 server/IE 7) for me. I'm doing this in the slide-down panel on the site (click the "ADD ITEM TO YOUR COLLECTION" tab). Please send a support request and we'll try to help you through any issues! :)

We specifically coded the site so it'd work with both since not everyone wants to modify their cuecat, and/or, can't find the modified cuecat to buy.

The only thing that's odd about the unmodified cuecat is that it shows the really long, ugly code instead of the UPC/ISBN - but its converted on-the-fly so we can do a lookup.

I'm also posting here to let you all know we added more support for games. As of last night, you can specify played/not played/beat/mastered "status" of games. And did a few other updates. I posted the "official" update to our Facebook page: [edit: I can't post links...you can find a link to our FB page in the footer of iTrackmine.com]

Take care! And if you run into bugs or can't get things to work (like the cuecat), please don't hesitate to send in a support request.

--Dean[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that was even possible with the Cuecat... good to know.

I have a new Addiction now, entering my play status on my games.

I think this weekend I am going to start entering all my Downloaded content for PSN and Xbox live, had a friend buy me a game on PSN from Amazon.com and sent me the code but I already had it - she didn't see it on my list and assumed that meant I didn't have it.

after reading through everything, i decided to jump on the iTrackmine.com wagon too. i figure it's free and should do everything I want as far as cataloging my collection and i don't have to pay a fee (not yet at least).

i tried using mediaman earlier, but it wasn't as good.

[quote name='iTrackmine']I just tried it with both the unmodified and modified USB cuecat's and both worked (Win 2003 server/IE 7) for me. I'm doing this in the slide-down panel on the site (click the "ADD ITEM TO YOUR COLLECTION" tab). Please send a support request and we'll try to help you through any issues! :)

The only thing that's odd about the unmodified cuecat is that it shows the really long, ugly code instead of the UPC/ISBN - but its converted on-the-fly so we can do a lookup.[/QUOTE]
Ah, interesting. I have a modded usb cuecat, and after reading around thought that it had to be modded to send the right numbers - cool that you guys got it to work either way. And I have been entering my movies through the add to collection slide-down for a couple days now - the cat works great (as does the site!)

fyi for anyone interested in the usb scanners, pretty cheap on ebay. might have a new project if this works with this site - itrackmine? I like the fact that it's on the cloud. excellent for insurance purposes. plus be interesting to put a price tag on my collections, comics, movies, games.

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']fyi for anyone interested in the usb scanners, pretty cheap on ebay. might have a new project if this works with this site - itrackmine? I like the fact that it's on the cloud. excellent for insurance purposes. plus be interesting to put a price tag on my collections, comics, movies, games.[/QUOTE]
If by usb scanners you mean the cuecats, I bought mine from ebay for about $15 shipped. After I bought it, I saw that the seller had cuecats.com - went there - saw that they sold direct from there for the same price I bought-it-now for ($8.99) but a dollar or two less in shipping. Sorta sucked, but thought I'd let people know about that option.

[quote name='FRAUD_WHATS_THAT']fyi for anyone interested in the usb scanners, pretty cheap on ebay. might have a new project if this works with this site - itrackmine? I like the fact that it's on the cloud. excellent for insurance purposes. plus be interesting to put a price tag on my collections, comics, movies, games.[/QUOTE]

I bought a cheap CCD scanner from ebay, looks like the ones stores use (gun with trigger), I posted info earlier in this thread. I find they work better than the Cuecat.

I've been using Listal.com, and it's worked pretty well so far. I really like iTrackmine's interface, but it doesn't have some of the exclusive collector's editions I've bought in the past (like Ninja Gaiden Sigma), which is really a bummer.

If there were a way to import from Listal.com, that would be amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GuardianE']I've been using Listal.com, and it's worked pretty well so far. I really like iTrackmine's interface, but it doesn't have some of the exclusive collector's editions I've bought in the past (like Ninja Gaiden Sigma), which is really a bummer.

If there were a way to import from Listal.com, that would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

I took a quick look at listal.com; not for me at all, but I did notice in the about section that it does have a export feature. If you can't import in to itrackmine.com what you have exported from listal.com, send them an email; I have gotten great response from the itrackmine.com crew anytime I had an issue.

I just played around with listal.com, horrible export feature. Only does XML and I don't see a way to import that in to itrackmine.com. Send them an email and if possible a file of your export list so they can see what it looks like, mention this thread as maybe they'll post a solution here to.

For me, the inability to export to a format that you can easily take with you would make me leave listal.com very quickly. I found some very old threads on the listal site that stated
There's also a couple of shareware programs called XMLFox and XML Convert (from same company) that can convert XML into Excel, and map out all the categories and tags accordingly, but those programs also need a bit of programmer's touch to get working properly.
so it looks like listal has no desire to make it easy for you.

I started a thread at listal.com got what looks like positive response to add better export. link

If your serious about using itrackmine send them a note, maybe they'd be able to get something going for you if listal is popular enough.

[quote name='onapartyrock']I started a thread at listal.com got what looks like positive response to add better export. link

If your serious about using itrackmine send them a note, maybe they'd be able to get something going for you if listal is popular enough.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for looking into this for me.

In the meantime, I actually did just re-add my items one by one into itrackmine whenever I had free time. Just took my time and did a page or so every now and again.

I was looking everywhere for an export option from listal. To be honest, when I first signed up for it, that wasn't a priority to me, but I'm glad to know that the option is there, however limited it may be.

I agree about itrackmine's support. Very on top of things, and always get a response very quickly. I'm guessing they're relatively new?

[quote name='GuardianE']Thanks for looking into this for me.

In the meantime, I actually did just re-add my items one by one into itrackmine whenever I had free time. Just took my time and did a page or so every now and again.

I was looking everywhere for an export option from listal. To be honest, when I first signed up for it, that wasn't a priority to me, but I'm glad to know that the option is there, however limited it may be.

I agree about itrackmine's support. Very on top of things, and always get a response very quickly. I'm guessing they're relatively new?[/QUOTE]

I just recently found out about them on either Lifehacker.com or Gizmodo.com, I all but gave up tracking my collections years ago but a neighbor got robbed and that lit a fire under me.

The support is the best, I don't get this type of support for items I pay for. I hope whatever business model they have works out for them as they deserve nothing but the best; I try to spread the word about them as much as I can.

[quote name='Jhriad']GCstar

Works great for me and it's free. I looked at that Collectorz stuff a while back and while I liked it there just wasn't any reason for me to pay money for something that GCstar does admirably already. It doesn't work on iPhones (so far as I know) but it's great for cataloging your games on your PC.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll try it out.

I tried GCstar after reading this thread, but it didn't really work well for me. Maybe I'm using it wrong? I couldn't find quite a few games in my collection (mostly import). Also a lot of the info is not consistent, for instance some games would be under PS3 and others would be under "Playstation 3." Anyone offer any suggestions? I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong or not understanding all of the functionality. I do like the local-ness of it. As of now I only have a list here on CAG.

I gpt a ps2 Cue Cat scanner and cant get it to work at all. I am using windows 7 I plugged it into my ps2 port the red light comes on and it doesn't anything in itrackmine or wordpad

[quote name='averageguy']I gpt a ps2 Cue Cat scanner and cant get it to work at all. I am using windows 7 I plugged it into my ps2 port the red light comes on and it doesn't anything in itrackmine or wordpad[/QUOTE]

I would send itrackmine an email, they stated in an earlier posting here that their system works with both modified and unmodified Cuecats.

I would think the Cuecat would do something in Wordpad if it worked though, not sure if it matters as I've only seen the USB versions... but is it plugged in to the keyboard port and not the mouse port?

Edit:

I did find some discussions, they recommend a PS2 keyboard and not a USB be used. Another stated if it did not scan in to wordpad that it is dead.

Also...
I have the PS/2 versions, modified, and initially I wasn't able to scan anything. Eventually I found out that the key was to do a fast sweep with the CueCat. If you do it slow, it scans nothing. I know it's weird, but it worked. At least with the PS/2 version.
you probably know this already but my scanner won't work unless it's plugged in before my computer is on.
One other thing to consider is that the PS2 model may not work properly unless there is a PS2 keyboard also attached. I had no luck scanning bar codes on my laptop until I plugged a PS2 keyboard into the back. Then the CueCat worked fine.

[quote name='GuardianE']I've been using Listal.com, and it's worked pretty well so far. I really like iTrackmine's interface, but it doesn't have some of the exclusive collector's editions I've bought in the past (like Ninja Gaiden Sigma), which is really a bummer.

If there were a way to import from Listal.com, that would be amazing.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if it was there or it was just added, but I just noticed listal.com is now listed as an import feature on itrackmine.com

When you add an item, to the right you'll see import features and there is a button for listal.com that takes you to directions on how to export from listal and import to itrackmine.

[quote name='averageguy']I gpt a ps2 Cue Cat scanner and cant get it to work at all. I am using windows 7 I plugged it into my ps2 port the red light comes on and it doesn't anything in itrackmine or wordpad[/QUOTE]

Did you get it working?

I found out that of you are using a non-English keyboard that problems may arise too.

still no luck in getting it to work. I do have a english keyboard. My keyboard is usb and the cue cat scanner is ps2 . I made sure its pkugged into ps2 port keyboard scanner lights up and looks like its working but no luck

bread's done
Back