College students, it is winter break, what are your gaming plans??

seanr1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Ah it is that time of the year, where us college kids get a month off. I have pretty big gaming plans for this break, which include...

Xbox 360
- Get ranked achievements in Gears of War
- Beat Call of Duty 3
- Beat Splinter Cell: DA
- Beat Saint's Row
- Sell some games on eBay (I really dont want my collection to get too big)

Nintendo DS
- Beat Castlevania: PoR (I'm at the last boss now)
- Play the hell out of Elite Beat Agents
- Start Final Fantasy III

Wii
- Take a good chunk out of Zelda (I get this for Christmas)

Also, I need to catch up on some Live play with people around here (Ryles, X and Roufuss, I'm looking at you guys)

[quote name='Roufuss']You and me are going to play a shit ton of 360 games, hombre, those are my plans.

You back home yet?[/QUOTE]

Yup I am, and Im looking to play some games tonight (None of my other friends are on break yet, so I'm home for the night).

[quote name='seanr1221']Yup I am, and Im looking to play some games tonight (None of my other friends are on break yet, so I'm home for the night).[/QUOTE]

Awesome, I think through flipping at Rhino I have pretty much every FPS on the 360 now that just came out, among other crap.

Send me a PM with what you want to play and when and we'll hook it up. I haven't gone on Live in a long time :lol:

My plans were to play some RPG's now that I have tons of free time, but fuck it! Xbox live time!

Nice idea for a thread, OP. My plans include:

Xbox 360
  • Beat Prey
  • Beat Condemned
  • Beat Saint's Row
  • Get the new online achievements for GRAW
  • Beat Gears of War on Insane / Collect all COG Tags / chip away at online achievements
  • Beat Rainbow Six: Vegas / Improve online rank
  • Sell / Trade off Games
Nintendo DS
  • Beat Trace Memory
  • Try out the multiplayer aspect of the DS w/ family.

Viva Pinata
Zelda
Castlevania
Children of Mana
Magical Starsign
Final Fantasy III

Might get some time to play more Elebits and I might buy it if it keeps being awesome like it has been so far.

I want to finish beating Gears of War on hardcore and then play it through on Insane.

Play through Smackdown's season mode on hard and then legend and unlock all the wrestlers/arenas.

Start playing Rainbow Six Vegas.

If I can do all that, I want to go back and start playing Oblivion and Perfect Dark:Zero again.

Now that my 16 units are out of the way, I just have to compete with my 40 hour work weeks. That being said, I'll continue with my "No more FFXI" campaign and focus on the following:

X360:
Gears of War
Viva Pinata
Call of Duty 3
Lost Planet (when it launches)

PS2:
FFXII
Okami (about 3/4 done)

Wii:
Zelda (about 1/2 done)

Should keep me busy enough.

Trying to play through and beat these games:

GBA
Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance
Final Fantasy V Advance
Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation (maybe)

PSP
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tagforce
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops

DS
FullMetal Alchemist: Dual Sympathy (big maybe on this one)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

PS2
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness (big maybe)
Megaman X8 (maybe)
Final Fantasy XII
FullMetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Exilir (part one was good)
Okami (maybe)

SNES
Castlevania: Dracula X
Super Castlevania IV

GENESIS
Castlevania: Bloodlines

PC ENGINE
Dracula X: Chi No Rondo

PoR got me wanting to beat some of the older Castlevania titles.

Sigh... I only get 2 and a half weeks off, and I'm spending 5 of those days in St. Louis. So, I have a bunch of potentials, but it doesn't look too good:

1. Finish FFXII - I haven't played for awhile, but I'm almost at the tower of Pharos.
2. A ton of PC games: NWN 2, Fear, Oblivion, Civilization IV, Warcraft 3 (DotA) - Probably sporadically when I can't game on the TV.
3. Twilight Princess - I'll start this...
4. Tales of Abyss - ... or continue this after I'll finish FFXII
5. Trauma Center: SO - Short amount of this as well. I can't see me playing too much if I fail too many of those missions.
6. Some sort of hand-held gaming: MGS: DGN (ordered from Amazon), MGA2 (if I can find it at CC), MGS:pO (if I can find a good deal), C:poR (distant chance), FFIII (if I decide to keep my copy), MUA (same as FFIII)

Or

1. WOW - If I decide to pick up WOW again, this whole list gets toss out the window.

Xbox 360
-Get 25+ more wins online on Dead or Alive 4

Nintendo Wii
-Beat Zelda: Twlight Princess
-Start Elebits
-Start Metal Slug Anthology

PSP
-Start Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

I've graduated. Yay for me. My gaming plans are....

-Finish Zelda
-Finish DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi 2
-Start Okami
-Finish Bully
-Finish at least one DS platformer (Portrait of Ruin/Yoshi's Island/Kirby)
-Unlock everything in Jump Ultimate Stars
-Finish at least one DS RPG (Children of Mana/FF3/Magical Starsign)

Other then that madness I've got Elebits, SvR 07, Super Swing Golf, and a bunch of movies to watch.

I have a 37 day winter break, woottt
Wii
-Finish Zelda
-Start Metal Slug Anthology
DS
-Finish Trauma Center
-Finish Advance Wars DS
-Finish Metroid Prime Hunters
Xbox 360
-Finish Gears of war
-Catch up on some online gaming
PS2
-Beat Final Fantasy XII
PS
-Beat Valkyrie Profile

Finish Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, open Star Fox Assault, work on Kingdom Hearts. Open GTA VC for PS2 so and hopefully finish it by the time GTA VCS for PSP drops to $20

:ds: DS
- Play some more Animal Crossing
- Try to beat Portrait of Ruin
- Finish FFIII

:wii: Wii
- Finish Zelda
- Beat all the Metal Slugs games in the Anthology
- MOTHERfuckING GUNSTAR HEROES!!!

:360: 360 (Getting one for Christmas)
- Play some Dead Rising
- Hopefully pick up Viva Pinata

Since I have to work basically ever day my video game plans are small. I just picked up Tiger Woods 07 for PS2 and Phoenix Wright so I'll be playing those. And I have to play some more Guitar Hero 2. And I'll probably be picking up Phoenix Wright 2 when it comes out.

GBA - Yggdra Union
DS - Trauma Center: Under the Knife
PSP - Tales of Eternia
PS2 - Dark Cloud 2/Star Ocean 3/Xenosaga Episode 3 (started the first two over a year ago, have logged 120+ hours combined, and have yet to beat them)
PC - Call of Duty/UT2004/Earth 2160/improve at WC3 multiplayer (so I can beat my friend, who rants about how he hasn't played in over a year and how bad he must have gotten, and still crushes me)
- Waiting for Wiis to get stocked in plentiful supply so I can work on my GCN backlog, on which 95% of my non-RPG backlog resides.

:360:
Hitman: Blood Money (can't wait for this to get here)
Call of Duty 2 (looking to get some more Veteran achievements)

:gc:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (approaching the mid-way point soon)

:xbox:
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic

Portable
Magical Starsign
Children of Mana
Final Fantasy IV

Sending out Viva Pinata presents for my friends' kids over Live.
Bomberman, if Linkin would clear his friends list.
More Assault Heroes
Finish off FEAR and Vegas

I only get two weeks for holidays (Im in highschool though). I plan to rock out on Elite Beat Agents and finish of 3 stars. Move onto Osu Totakae Ouendan. Start FFIII. Chip away at Zelda. Play some Halo 2 co-op with my cousin when Im over there visiting. My new years resolution for gaming is to stop sucking so much at Tetris online :p.... btw anyone up for some tetris Im in a tetris mood

360:
Gears of War on XBL
Table Tennis
Dead Rising
Marvel Ultimate Alliance

PS2:
FF XII

DS:
Yoshi's Island DS

PSP:
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops

And if I get a Wii tomorrow, Zelda.

[quote name='Kain Vincent']Trying to play through and beat these games:
FullMetal Alchemist 2: Curse of the Crimson Exilir (part one was good)
[/QUOTE]Glad to see another like it. I didn't find the first to be bad at all (just slow), but the sequel is really, really good IMO and a lot of fun. ;)

Anyway, my gaming plans could change, but as of right now (Does not include games I will get at Christmas, which will really boost the DS):

PS2
.Hack//G.U.
Final Fantasy XII
Okami
Tales of the Abyss
Valkyrie Profile 2 Silmeria

PSP
Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded
Gitaroo Man Lives
Guilty Gear Judgement
Sega Genesis Collection
Sonic Rivals

GC
Baten Kaitos Origins

DS
Final Fantasy III
Mega Man Battle Network 5 DS

GBA
Summon Night Swordcraft Story
Summon Night Swordcraft Story 2
Super Robot Taisen: Original Generation

Xbox 360
Enchanted Arms
Ridge Racer 6

Mostly, my break will be playing PS2 the most, followed by DS, PSP, GBA, and some 360 (not very much, since I only have five games, and won't buy another until 2007, unless I rent games).

They gave me a whopping two weeks for med school winter break. Gone are the days of a month off. =[

I figure I'll have enough time to get through Okami and Twilight Princess. Hopefully I'll finish up Trauma Center: Second Opinion on easy mode, too.

360:
Finish Call of Duty 3 and spend more time online

Wii
Finish Twilight Princess
Finish Rayman Raving Rabbits
Start (and hopefully) finish Red Steel

DS
Finish Castlevania PoR

PS2
Get as far in Final Fantasy XII as possible

PS2:
Finish God of War
Start Resident Evil 4
Convince friend to lend me Final Fantasy XII
Organize games and make an after-christmas tradelist

DS:
Play Trauma Center while listening to "How to Save a Life" by The Fray

360 (My friend's):
Beat Co-Op Mode for Gears of War
Try out Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Finally, i gotta try the Wii

After I finish exams this Tuesday, I plan to play through/finish these in the next 3 weeks:

Final Fantasy 12
Final Fantasy 3
Red Steel
Zelda TP
Castlevania: POR

Wii:
Finish Zelda (two dungeons left)
Try to finish story mode of Monkey Ball
Get Red Steel and try to finish that
More once I get more for Christmas

DS:
Finish or get tired of playing Star Fox Command
Finish MvsDK2
Finish Advance Wars
Play games I'll be getting for Christmas (Kirby, Yoshi, Elite Beat Agents, maybe Castlevania: PoR)

Yeah, I won't get much of that done....

back home now and my brothers have Gears of War, Splinter Cell Double Agent, and Call of Duty 3 so I want to pass them before I leave.

I leave my PS2 at home, so I'll get to catch up on all my PS2 games. Theres.. Final Fantasy 12, the mandatory play through of Kingdom Hearts 2, I want to play Shadow of the Colossus again. Once I do all that, its Guild Wars: Nightfall till Christmas.

Well, I left my XBox, games, and live account at my apartment, but I plan on reading The Fall of Reach, First Strike, and Ghosts of Onyx.

Next quarter, I plan on beating the following:
Jade Empire
Lego Star Wars
Mercenaries

I don't know exactly what I'll end up playing, but I did start Gears of War yesterday and I'm almost done with Act 4 now... so I should finish that up tomorrow. Apart from that, I know I want to start Zelda. Other than those though... I've got no idea what I'll end up playing.

I've been on break due to being in art school and having to be part of a large art fair (Art Basel if anyone knows)...

been doing:

:360:
Oblivion - get acheivements
DoAX2 - Get one more acheivement to be happy

:ds:
BUY MORE DS titles! I sorely miss playing my DS alot and need an excuse to paly again!

:psp:
rank up in MGSPO real combat.

A friend of mine is going to Saudi Arabia after Christmas, and leaving his Wii with me (and he's borrowing my DS lite for the trip). Other than that, I still intend to sell 80%+ of my collection.

Just got home, but I have the girlfriend here till Monday. After that though is gaming goodness.

So far played:
- MVP Baseball 2005
- NFL 2k5
both for XBox.

To Play:
- Zelda: TP (at the 3rd Temple, haven't played since finals started)
- Trauma Center: SO
- Sonic (VC)
- Gunstar Heroes (VC)
- Mercenaries (to beat)
- Burnout 3 (have to get 2 more Gold Medals)
- Forza Motorsport
- Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition
- Sim City 4

Yess I love break.

PS2
Finish FF XII
Finish Tomb Raider Legends and get 100%
Start Tales of the Abyss(I get that for Christmas)
Play some of the Sega Genisis Collection(I also get it for Christmas)

DS
Finish FF III
Start Magical Starsign

GBA
Start FFV

PSP
Buy a PSP

I'm going to finish Portable Ops after my last final on Tuesday, then I'll be travelling around the next week or so for the holidays, so I'll tackle Portrait of Ruin.

I'm assuming I'll get Yopshi's Island 2 for Christmas, so that's next on the list, and then I can finally cave and play FFXII.

Kain if i were you i would hold off on the castlevania. It really is a great series but everything is better in moderation. Spread the love for the ones you havent played, but then again its just my personal suggestion.

As for me

Xbox 360:
FEAR(on interval 7)
Hitman
Splinter Cell
Condemned

Itll be nice to play through these single player since ive been playing multiplayer stuff all semester.

I finished Gears of War today and I'm about 2 hours into Twilight Princess now. Started out kinda slow just as people were saying, but I like where it's going now.

bread's done
Back