College students, it is winter break, what are your gaming plans??

I been trying to get through Zelda, but I just downloaded gunstar heroes last night. I am also trying to play Socom CA and WOW at night...

At christmas I am getting Castlevania POR, Yoshi's Island DS, and Donkey Kong Country (virtual console), and thats what I know of.

Yeah so I have a fucking backlog of games. Atleast next semester isn't gonna be too hard I hope and I can finish some things...

Im not in college but im in high school

im going to play carbon till i die lol

saint rows

and some other games dat i haevnt played for a while

I was going to play super princess peach and kirby for the DS but I left my DS at my apartment. Then I thought I'd play some Wii. Since I can't find one I'm SOL. So, no gaming for me!

Wow, I'm so envious. Month off. Even though I use to work during then, it still use to be fun.

I'll have 9 days off starting on the 22nd from work. So, if I can get away from the family enough, I'm going to be playing

Xbox 360
Oblivion - I loved Morrowind on the Xbox, even though it had faults. If Oblivion is the same great game with half of the faults and some new quests, it might end up being my favorite game ever (hate to put those expectations on a game I haven't played yet).

PS2
FF XII - Once again, haven't started this either (Christmas game). But, I can't wait to start.

Probably some other PS2 games, depending what the family gives me for Christmas. Hoping for Shadow of Collasus. If I don't get anything else, probably use Ape Escape 3 to help break up the time between the 2 RPG's.

Xbox 360:
Dead Rising
Call of Duty 2
Gears of War - 8 player lan

Wii:
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
Zelda
Metal Slug Anthologies

PS2:
Valkyrie Profile 2
Okami

DS:
Children of Mana
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Mega Man ZX

It's not winter break for me yet. My last final is on 12/23 at 7:30 pm. fuck UW-Madison! er, well, not the whole university, just this awful final time.

I won't be playing much over the break since I'll be in Buenos Aires for most of it, but I'll be playing these in the few days I have:

--Shenmue 2 (xbox)
--DoA4 online (seems like I get hooked to this every few months)
--Zelda TP
--Psychonauts

Well, I only have 2 and a half weeks (goddammit) but:

(In Order of Priority)
-Okami, 6 Hours In
-Final Fantasy 12, 1 Hour In
-Halo 2 Co-op with my friend

After X-Mas
-Oblivion
-Perfect Dark Zero
-Kameo
-PGR3

Ha, never getting through even one..... maybe Halo though.

Plan to beat:
Bully (PS2)
Final Fantasy XII (PS2)
Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (Wii)
Sigma Star Saga (GBA)
Fire Emblem (GBA)

Will I do all of that? All signs point to "no," but Sigma Star Saga shouldn't be too hard since I'll be playing it on my flight home and in the car on the way to the various hotspots I'll be going for Christmas.

Other plans:
- Play the hell out of Guitar Hero II with friends/family
- Get Madden 07 to play with friends
- Put some dents in other games that I have
- Beat Lego Star Wars before I fly home (keep running into a freezing glitch)

Xbox 360
Get Gears achievements
Beat Splinter Cell and go for achievements
Rent Top Spin 2 and get all the achievements
Beat GRAW
Progress in Saints Row

My friend is back from Houston, so we plan on playing a lot of Guitar Hero 2. Halo 2 will also be played quite a bit. I'm also waiting for Lost Planet to come out on the 360, the game should be sweet.

I am on interval 6 of FEAR.. loving it. Finished Assault Heroes today.. after fear I plan on starting Zelda up again. And playing Final Fantasy 3 all the time too.

I beat Prey two days ago. Overall, I wasn't very impressed with it. The only thing going for the game was the whole "portal" concept which got old real fast. Everything else about it was average at best.

I've also started Condemned. I'm currently on the 5th level, and am finding the game to be a nice change of pace for a FPS. I only wish the blocking system was a little better, but I can deal.

Start and Finish:

Devil Summoner
Xenosaga III
Yggdra Union

Finish or work on finishing:

Yoshi's Island (GBA)
Final Fantasy 3
Final Fantasy 5

Next gen can wait.

A whole month off is good indeed.
i still need to play:
Zelda TP for the cube
Finish up FFXII (i already beat the main story, but i still want to fight all the marks and get all the espers)
FFX
Castlevania LoI
Hitman 2
and try to re play MGS PO so i can get some secret characters.

I've gotten two Splinter Cell achievements... beat the Oshtak and Shanghai levels, I'm in New York now. In Gears I've gotten the boomshot, headshot, execution, and curb stomp achievements.

I'm returning Rainbow Six Vegas on Saturday and hopefully renting Top Spin 2 because the demo is very good, and I might rent Fifa 07 if they have it.

Maybe some Saints Row and GRAW just to beat and get achievements but probably not.

And I've been playing a bunch of Madden against my actual friends over Live and at my house. No achievements there but I SIMed like 5 seasons and got these achievements.

Game record - interceptions
Madden gamer level 10
Season record - rush yards
Season record - receieving yards
Season record - receieve TD
Madden gamer level 20
Season record - pass TD

My brother is playing tons of Conker since he needs to have his beaten game save on the 360. Plus he likes everything rare so he put Viva Pinata on hold to play Conker. He's on the co-op leaderboards for Kameo, and over the break he's probably going to buy the expert mode to get all 50 achievements.

[quote name='Blind the Thief']What does "buy the expert mode" mean? I'm unfamiliar with that game.[/quote]

The expert mode is an add-on that must be purchased in Kameo :roll:

Just graduated. I start at another school in August. Til then theres a lot to get done:
Finish Fatal Frame and beat 2 and 3
Beat Digital Devil Sagas 1 & 2
Beat Persona 2
Start and beat Final Fantasy 8 and 9
Start and beat Okami
Play through Kingdom Hearts series again
Finish Valkyrie profile 2

Well this list could/will go on. But when I start back to school there will be very little gaming for the next 4 years :cry:

[quote name='DT778']back home now and my brothers have Gears of War, Splinter Cell Double Agent, and Call of Duty 3 so I want to pass them before I leave.[/quote]Just picked up Rainbow Six Las Vegas so that gets added to the list.

Get a Wii and beat Zelda [ already have Zelda and had it for about 3-4 weeks ].

beat FF XII

play lots more of Gears of War online [ last time i checked i was ranked 2400 something in execution ]

Finish:
Far Cry
Killzone...no wait, it's cheap as hell...sold
Okami
Star Wars Battlefront 2

Start (and get as far in as posssibllleeeeee):
Odama
Batallion Wars
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime
Super Mario Sunshine
Ikaruga

I beat Condemned yesterday. Overall, I thought it was a decent game. It was rather short, but I think if it would have gone on any longer, the already shitty storyline would have become drawn out. Also, the hand to hand combat system was a cool idea, but it felt unpolished. The game did offer some thrills though - I will give it that.

I've moved on to Saint's Row and am having a lot of fun with it. Although, I am slightly disappointed with the extreme vulgarity of the context. It's not that I can't handle the constant dropping of F-bombs and other four letter words, I just feel uncomfortable playing around my parents and family.

I've also started Trace Memory for the DS. I bought this one for $9 during CC's big clearance sale over the Summer and just recently opened it. From the 2 hours I've put into it, I am VERY impressed with it. The story is both mysterious and compelling and the gameplay works incredibly well, incorporating the touch screen to explore areas and solve puzzles.

Gears of War
Splinter Cell Double Agent
Call of Duty 3
Rainbow Six Las Vegas

passed gears of war. Next up is Rainbow Six Las Vegas.

Almost 17 hours in Okami..... wow, definately one of my favorite games already.

Played LotR Return of the King, Co-op as well. Pretty fun, but the graphics are bleh compared to Okami :D

I'm not exactly a college student, but I'm a senior in HS. Here's what I'm playing:

-Finish Homework (not exactly a game, but it'll be taking up the majority of my time)
-Beat Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
-Beat Ico
-Beat Final Fantasy XII (that's a longshot)
-Play some Elite Beat Agents

Working on Gears achievements still, the nuge(100 torque bow kills in ranked) and pistelero(100 pistol kills in ranked) got most of them

Going through Splinter Cell's single player

And going through a franchise in Madden 07 as the Ravens, Jamal Lewis is beast

bread's done
Back