Community Season 1 dvd - $12.99 w/coupon code SONYFIVE

I got the same BS about them not taking coupons, but will give me a "one time exception". Unfortunately my filler item wasn't enough to get me free shipping after the discount is applied, so they said I would have to e-mail them *after* it ships to get the discount applied. Of course, without the free shipping and with tax, I might as well pick it up at Target without the coupon. Needless to say, that order has been canceled.

Okay so I got the same reject from Amazon. They directed me to a disconnected phone number 1800-578SONY. That number send you to 2397687694 which is Sony Electronics. Sony Electronics states that they have nothing to do with this promotion.

Instead you must call Sony Picture Studios at 1-800-860-2878.

The people at Sony (both divisions) were very nice but essentially powerless at this point. The person at Sony Pictures took my info and said he would have to research it and get back to me (he sounded like his day is super boring and was more than excited to have something to do).

Anyway, I strongly suggest that everyone call Sony Pictures Studios as the more complaints the bigger of an issue it becomes and the more likely we are to get resolution.

[quote name='cmedjesky']Okay so I got the same reject from Amazon. They directed me to a disconnected phone number 1800-578SONY. That number send you to 2397687694 which is Sony Electronics. Sony Electronics states that they have nothing to do with this promotion.

Instead you must call Sony Picture Studios at 1-800-860-2878.

The people at Sony (both divisions) were very nice but essentially powerless at this point. The person at Sony Pictures took my info and said he would have to research it and get back to me (he sounded like his day is super boring and was more than excited to have something to do).

Anyway, I strongly suggest that everyone call Sony Pictures Studios as the more complaints the bigger of an issue it becomes and the more likely we are to get resolution.[/QUOTE]

After calling Amazon with the correct number for Sony the person I spoke to pretty much acknowledged they were wrong for so harshly rejecting the complaints. He personally gave me the $5 credit but more importantly he said he would direct all of the information to the promotional team and get them to work with Sony to fix this issue.

Hopefully we all hear about a proper fix soon but in the meantime I'd still call and raise awareness.

"Approved" via "one-time exception", Community for $12.99, great deal. Hopefully they get the issue fixed so it is a proper deal that doesn't require emailing or calling in for them to honor it.

Did everyone else get

"This offer has not yet begun. Please refer to the details in your promotional offer for further information."

that when entering the code?

[quote name='chimpster1313']Did everyone else get

"This offer has not yet begun. Please refer to the details in your promotional offer for further information."

that when entering the code?[/QUOTE]

Yes that is the new error message. They must be programing it in. Hopefully it will work soon!!!!! :bouncy:

Just a heads up the coupon now works!!!

I placed an order a minute ago, typed in the coupon code and it deducted the 5 dollars.

(Amazon/sony coupon, in case there is any confusion)

This is the best $12.99 you will spend on a TV show this year. There is no reason to hesitate. Buy this show! The first two episodes are "eh," but by the third episode you will wonder where the fuck all this FUNNY came from.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anGkl_ef8FQ[/youtube]

[quote name='lombarvm']Thanks to all of our complaining, the coupon finally worked! Good work CAG's![/QUOTE]
Indeed it does work! Good work, CAG.

I wonder if the code works on the other eligible boxsets. Anyone notice any decent deals after 5.00 off?

animal, there are links on the second page, you just use SONYFIVE while choosing your payment..

I just placed my order. Checked it out at BB today, looks really nice. Hope we really do get that bonus comic book packed in for ordering from Amazon..

I just ordered another one. Couldn't pass it up at $17.99, but for $12.99? Damn.

I'll just return my $17.99 copy, and get a refund. Nice and easy.

Edit: Also sent Amazon an e-mail, asking if they could refund my card the $5.00 and just cancel my other order, that way I don't have to waste time with the whole return process. Worth a shot.

Looks like the sonyfive coupon also works on the Rules of Engagement TV series also. They are all $22.50 right now and $17.50 after coupon. Very funny show. I am sure most people who like Community will probably like this show also.

I love Amazon. They just reduced my second order of Community by another $5, making it $7.99. I'll return the second copy when I get it for the full refund of the $17.99.

So, just scored this for $7.99. I'd pay that alone for the Modern Warfare episode.

I've never heard of this show, but for $12.99 and the praise here and 33 5-star ratings on Amazon, I went ahead and made a purchase.

Beerme, thanks for updating thread...as you can see, more CAGs know about this awesome deal now. ;)

[quote name='BobaGooch']Looks like the sonyfive coupon also works on the Rules of Engagement TV series also. They are all $22.50 right now and $17.50 after coupon. Very funny show. I am sure most people who like Community will probably like this show also.[/QUOTE]

I love that show...I think I might get this as well. Thanks.

[quote name='Animal7390']anyone able to post a pic or let me know where to find the actual coupon, i hate waiting for things?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slowdive21']I just got the email from SONY pictures. The code is ONLY for Amazon. "SONYFIVE" and it is not currently working on the site.

Here is a webpage with it listed:

http://www.sonypictures.com/tv/shows/community/dvd.html

So frustrating![/QUOTE]

Here is the link to the actual webpage.

thank you for the links and info, but let me clarify. i was looking for a link to a coupon i could print out and bring to target as some people had suggested existed. i avoid buying things from amazon as much as possible.

If anyone was having problems with the code before, you should know its working now.

But if you have a gift card entered it forces you to use the gift card to get the promotional credit too.

I wanna bite, but the clips I saw on YouTube didn't make it look all that good...and add in the fact that I still have seasons 2-5 of The Wire, 4-6 of the Sopranos, 1 and 3 of House, and the Planet Earth collection to watch...I doubt I'll get around to it anytime soon :lol:

Thanks to everyone who complained enough to get this to work.

I hate buying TV shows I can watch in HD on standard def DVD, but it seems like the Bluray TV season is already starting to die, and for $13 I think I can handle it. ;)

[quote name='arthurl']Does the Amazon one come with the Kickpuncher comic?[/QUOTE]

I'll let you know tomorrow when mine arrives, but someone in the DVDTalk forum mentioned theirs did. They were surprised & impressed with how nice of a package this set is.

Also: I E-mailed Amazon C/S earlier today telling them I was sad that the SONYFIVE code did not work when I ordered mine on 9/20, they gave me a $5 promotional credit towards a future purchase within a few hours of my request.

[quote name='V878']Amazon says 11-14 days to ship. Did they run out?[/QUOTE]

Amazon probably just has to get a new shipment in after this awesome deal. Already see this @ #2 in their Movie/DVD bestseller rankings. Mine is saying October 6 for the arrival, hopefully it's much sooner than that though.

Although I've only seen a couple of episodes of this show (they were great and I love Joel McHale) I couldn't resist a 25-episode DVD set for $13 (free shipping for me since I have PRIME). I almost ordered it a few days ago, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of contacting Amazon to knock the extra $5 off. I'm SO glad they fixed the site to accept the coupon, as it pretty much forced me to buy it. :D

bread's done
Back