Community Season 1 dvd - $12.99 w/coupon code SONYFIVE

I was on the fence at $17.99 only because I really didn't need to add another TV show to my backlog, but that extra $5 made off it an instant purchase. lol

[quote name='Animal7390']thank you for the links and info, but let me clarify. i was looking for a link to a coupon i could print out and bring to target as some people had suggested existed. i avoid buying things from amazon as much as possible.[/QUOTE]

It is not a printable. It was in major Sunday Papers with the ads for stores. It is a 1 sheet with multiple DVDs. I know it was in the Chicago Tribune and I believe it was also in the LA times.

[quote name='slowdive21']It is not a printable. It was in major Sunday Papers with the ads for stores. It is a 1 sheet with multiple DVDs. I know it was in the Chicago Tribune and I believe it was also in the LA times.[/QUOTE]

i figured but wasnt sure if someone had it they could post it or what other towns it was available in.

FYI: Season 2 premiers today, and it looks like they will have a "Twittersode" before tonights show...details here:

NBC’s Community will debut a “Twittersode” just prior to the comedy’s Sept. 23 return. Over the course of 80 tweets (starting at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT Thursday), the characters will communicate back and forth in what’s described as a “prequel” scene to their return to Greendale Community College as sophomores. They’ll make arrangements for their first meet-up of the year, as well as preparations for their first class, Anthropology 101 (taught by guest star Betty White). You can watch the Twittersode unfold on www.NBC.COM/CommunityTwittersode, or, of course, in your Twitter feed, if you follow the individual characters.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/21/community-twittersode/

I wouldn't take that late shipping date too seriously, yesterday mine had a shipping date of Sept 28th, and now it's being prepared for shipment.

My order wasn't supposed to ship until October 1 or something and I just got a shipping notice today. (and it's coming USPS for some reason, even though I have Prime.. odd, but happens occasionally.)

Just put in an order, thanks OP! Love this show and that's a great price for a season.

And joker, on the checkout page where you select a payment method you should see an input box to apply a promotional code or gift card. Just put it in there and apply!

[quote name='crr_1119']joker, on the checkout page where you select a payment method you should see an input box to apply a promotional code or gift card. Just put it in there and apply![/QUOTE]

thanks bro

Kickpuncher (extremely mini/thin) Comic is included. Big sticker on the front mentioning it as well.

Two packages arrived today: Clive Barker's Jericho (360) sent in a nice box and Community sent in a stupid oversized bubble-mailer. I really wish Amazon would standardize the packaging procedure, or at the very least prioritize it.

[quote name='Game_Dude_3']Mine says Oct 7-13...I also have Prime. If I was paying for it, I'd be pretty pissed.[/QUOTE]

I have to ask... why? It's not a shipping issue, it's a stock issue. Once that coupon hit, I guarantee the numbers went through the roof. They can't ship what they don't have. Just pointing that out.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, OP... I was waiting on this, but $12.99 was just way too good. :applause:

Yeah I bit. I've only seen a handful of episodes (and have enjoyed them all) so I'm looking forward to catching up on this. Makes it even better that they had a full 20+ episode season too. Thanks OP.

I ordered my copy 2 days ago for 17.99, logged into cag today and see that there's a 5 dollar coupon. Went on amazon and my order still wasn't processed so i was able to cancel and re order it for 12.99!!

Thanks OP!!

Thank you so much OP! I had already ordered it but they hadn't sent it yet, so I was able to cancel and re-order. This show is worth WAY more than 13 bucks to me, but I'm glad I got it for so low.

I literally just watched the Season 2 premiere off my DVR, checked CAG, saw this thread and I think my head almost exploded. I've loved this show since day 1 and looked forward to it each week last season. I hope this show sticks around for years like Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers, etc.

Thanks so much OP

Tried to order a second copy, and I can't get the coupon code to work anymore. Don't know if it's because you can only order one per account, but I'm getting the "This code cannot be applied to this order" error. On with Amazon Customer Chat right now to see if the code is indeed expired.

EDIT: Got nowhere with this chat representative--he just kept saying, "You'll have to contact Sony about that." Please, like Amazon doesn't have a system where they can tell if they're still accepting a (seemingly very popular) coupon code. Anyway, the dude totally signed off without looking into for me, which definitely got a very strongly worded e-mail sent to Amazon in response. Hopefully they will take the $5 off my order, otherwise I'm going to cancel just so as to not support that kind of service.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jbirou']Tried to order a second copy, and I can't get the coupon code to work anymore. Don't know if it's because you can only order one per account, but I'm getting the "This code cannot be applied to this order" error. On with Amazon Customer Chat right now to see if the code is indeed expired.

EDIT: Got nowhere with this chat representative--he just kept saying, "You'll have to contact Sony about that." Please, like Amazon doesn't have a system where they can tell if they're still accepting a (seemingly very popular) coupon code. Anyway, the dude totally signed off without looking into for me, which definitely got a very strongly worded e-mail sent to Amazon in response. Hopefully they will take the $5 off my order, otherwise I'm going to cancel just so as to not support that kind of service.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. What I would do is create a completely new Amazon account and see if the coupon code works that way. I just used the coupon right before you made this post, so it should still be working. So you'd be spending about 10 minutes to create a new account to save $5. That's .50 cents a minute, which is not bad.

[quote name='jbirou']Tried to order a second copy, and I can't get the coupon code to work anymore. Don't know if it's because you can only order one per account, but I'm getting the "This code cannot be applied to this order" error. On with Amazon Customer Chat right now to see if the code is indeed expired.

EDIT: Got nowhere with this chat representative--he just kept saying, "You'll have to contact Sony about that." Please, like Amazon doesn't have a system where they can tell if they're still accepting a (seemingly very popular) coupon code. Anyway, the dude totally signed off without looking into for me, which definitely got a very strongly worded e-mail sent to Amazon in response. Hopefully they will take the $5 off my order, otherwise I'm going to cancel just so as to not support that kind of service.[/QUOTE]

You can only buy 1 copy per account. I tried to buy 2 when I ordered and it adjusted the quantity to 1.

Thank you for the code, OP! I was perfectly willing to spend $17.99 at Target for this, but they were out of stock. The extra $5 off is excellent.

Where were all these fans of the show I am seeing in this thread while Community was airing? Seems like all I ever heard was people talking crap when season 1 was airing..

Also, these DVDs are awesome. Commentaries and outtakes on every disc!

Seems like they got some more copies in. Mine was originally estimated to arrive Oct 6-12, but now it went to the "Shipping Soon" phase and I should have it on Wednesday.

[quote name='V878']Seems like they got some more copies in. Mine was originally estimated to arrive Oct 6-12, but now it went to the "Shipping Soon" phase and I should have it on Wednesday.[/QUOTE]

Same here!:D

Someone at Amazon probably figured out they shouldn't have dropped the price to match Target AND accept the coupon together. Oops. ;)

Got my copy yesterday in the mail, came with the comic as well. Overnight delivery via USPS. (Well, it wasn't "overnight service", but it came in 1 day)

Mine shipped out faster than I anticipated. I was actually hoping it wouldn't get delivered until October 6-9, but it's all good. It may end up on the backlog...these HBO sets are addicting :lol:

It had said the ETA was October 9, but I got the DVD yesterday. I've torn through 8-9 episodes...what a fantastic show! Can't beat that for $13.

25 episodes for $13 bucks was pretty good. I saw the first few episodes when it first came out but watching the first 2 discs the show gets better as the season progresses.

This was the best purchase I've made in quite a bit. Thanks for the info OP. I can say that $13 was well spent on a surprisingly great show.

Got this yesterday and promptly had a marathon with 2 of my friends. We watched the first 14 episodes between 6 and 11:30 last night. Freaking. Great.

[quote name='chimpster1313']Got this yesterday and promptly had a marathon with 2 of my friends. We watched the first 14 episodes between 6 and 11:30 last night. Freaking. Great.[/QUOTE]

It's such a great show. I'm fairly certain I've laughed out loud multiple times during every episode and I dont laugh out loud very easily.

Side note: Anyone interested in seeing "Brita" from Community (Gillian Jacobs) nude, seek out this movie called "Choke." She's only got a few lines in that movie but she gives a terrific performance (and also nude!:drool:).
Here's a link to the imdb page.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1024715/

^^^I love Gillian Jacobs. I never put it together that she was the stripper from Choke. #-o

The book is better than the movie, but the book seems to have an abrupt ending.

[quote name='slowdive21']^^^I love Gillian Jacobs. I never put it together that she was the stripper from Choke. #-o

The book is better than the movie, but the book seems to have an abrupt ending.[/QUOTE]

True, but can you see Brita's boobs in the book?

...I didn't think so. :lol:

[quote name='fizzywix']Where were all these fans of the show I am seeing in this thread while Community was airing? Seems like all I ever heard was people talking crap when season 1 was airing..

Also, these DVDs are awesome. Commentaries and outtakes on every disc![/QUOTE]

I personally don't talk tv shows on forums too much, but I can tell you I didn't miss a single episode last season. This series is tied w/ Big Bang Theory for the funniest show on tv imo.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']True, but can you see Brita's boobs in the book?

...I didn't think so. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'd much rather see Annie's boobs. And I mean her actual boobs,
not the monkey.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back