component cables

rutger1413

CAG Veteran
Just letting everyone know there are component cables available on the nintendo store again.

I already have mine, but thought I would pass the word on.

Good find, I was going to post this but you beat me to it. I was notified about this at another site and oredered mine about thirty minutes ago. Get them while you can. It looks like the classic controllers are still back ordered though.

I ordered mine around the 21st. They were supposed to ship the 28th according to Nintendo. On the 28th the status changed from backordered to preparing order and gave me a tracking number. Still, since then it has yet to ship. Anyone else experiencing this. I need my component cables!

[quote name='Sockey']I ordered mine around the 21st. They were supposed to ship the 28th according to Nintendo. On the 28th the status changed from backordered to preparing order and gave me a tracking number. Still, since then it has yet to ship. Anyone else experiencing this. I need my component cables![/QUOTE]

I'm ready to place my order, just have to click the OK button.. but I don't want to go through the hassle of cancelling the order if they aren't shipping till Dec. 18th or something.

When I ordered there was no message anywhere that shipping would be delayed so I ordered them. Because of this I'm expecting my cables like asap.

[quote name='Pratt75']When I ordered there was no message anywhere that shipping would be delayed so I ordered them. Because of this I'm expecting my cables like asap.[/QUOTE]

I'm fighting ordering them so hard right now... I talked to a friend at Best Buy at lunch when I picked up Clerks II, and he said he thinks they may be on today's truck. How is Nintendo's cancellation? Can you do it online, or do you have to call them?

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Yes.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, time to order then. Anything to help with these graphics.

After looking at my order status for my order which I placed a few hours ago it is now listed as backordered.

On the component cable page this message is listed.
As of Wednesday, November 29, 2006, we will be resuming shipments of all back orders for the Wii Component Video Cable.

So what gives? Why does it say backordered now if it didn't say that when I ordered? It doesn't make sense to me.

[quote name='Skylander7']I'm fighting ordering them so hard right now... I talked to a friend at Best Buy at lunch when I picked up Clerks II, and he said he thinks they may be on today's truck. [/quote]

If it is, let us know!

[quote name='Pratt75']After looking at my order status for my order which I placed a few hours ago it is now listed as backordered.

On the component cable page this message is listed.
As of Wednesday, November 29, 2006, we will be resuming shipments of all back orders for the Wii Component Video Cable.

So what gives? Why does it say backordered now if it didn't say that when I ordered? It doesn't make sense to me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info! I'm guessing they are shipping them in the order which they were received, meaning all of the people who ordered them earlier in the month go first. I would assume that their current supplies would be depleted, thus placing orders from today in queue to be filled when another lot comes in.

Nintendo really dropped the ball with this component cable thing... too bad they didn't include them with the system as MS did on the 360. While demand wasn't high for them during the early stages of the GC days, many more consumers have upgraded to HDTV's at this point. The cables aren't expensive to manufacture, so I don't know why they wouldn't take the hint from so much interest in them that they should be at retail ASAP.

Also.. am I the only one wanting an IR bar extension? A previous post links an article to IGN for two candles and a wireless bar in development, but right now I can't put my Wii on my audio rack due to the distance.

[quote name='Skylander7']Thanks for the info! I'm guessing they are shipping them in the order which they were received, meaning all of the people who ordered them earlier in the month go first. I would assume that their current supplies would be depleted, thus placing orders from today in queue to be filled when another lot comes in.

Nintendo really dropped the ball with this component cable thing... too bad they didn't include them with the system as MS did on the 360. While demand wasn't high for them during the early stages of the GC days, many more consumers have upgraded to HDTV's at this point. The cables aren't expensive to manufacture, so I don't know why they wouldn't take the hint from so much interest in them that they should be at retail ASAP.

Also.. am I the only one wanting an IR bar extension? A previous post links an article to IGN for two candles and a wireless bar in development, but right now I can't put my Wii on my audio rack due to the distance.[/QUOTE]
This is true, maybe they'll include them in a later bundle at least.

[quote name='Sockey']I ordered mine around the 21st. They were supposed to ship the 28th according to Nintendo. On the 28th the status changed from backordered to preparing order and gave me a tracking number. Still, since then it has yet to ship. Anyone else experiencing this. I need my component cables![/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you.

I think I'll wait to find them in BB.
I talked to the guy there (i know, i know) but he said he feels they might come in tomorrow as they're getting big shipment of game stuff (sony and nintendo).

i dunno know if this is true, but I just got off the phone with Nintendo people and they said that first even though it says backordered they should still have a bunch left they just have not updated their system.

second, that just yesterday big N decided to push back the day for B&M stores to sell the cables until after Xmas, take this with a grain of salt.

I just ordered from the Nintendo store with the fast shipping just to get over with. I am tired of waiting to properly play Zelda.

I just hope Nintendo learns form all of this. This is easily one of the dumbest things they have ever done when you factor in how easy it would have been to do it right.

[quote name='Skylander7']For first party maybe.. the React third party ones should have either already popped up by now or be around very shortly.

http://gear.ign.com/articles/747/747104p1.html[/quote]

The in-stock date for the React cables is 12/13. I saw it with my own two eyes as I had a sales associate check the SKU for me.

just checked my order and my credit card bill. both have been updated on 11/30/06. so my cables have shipped as of today.

ok fill me in, whats the difference between these cables that everbody seems to want over the ones that came with the wii? if i dont have an hdtv can i just keep the ones i have?

If you don't have an HDTV, don't bother with the Component cables.

Here's a simple explanation...

Composite cables send the entire video signal over one cable, the yellow one on the cables that you currently own.

Component cables split the video signal over three cables, the red, blue, and green, on these cables. They provide a higher quality picture that way.

[quote name='psunami']If you don't have an HDTV, don't bother with the Component cables.

Here's a simple explanation...

Composite cables send the entire video signal over one cable, the yellow one on the cables that you currently own.

Component cables split the video signal over three cables, the red, blue, and green, on these cables. They provide a higher quality picture that way.[/QUOTE]

even if you dont get 480p from it, it still improves the video quality over composite and by the time a person gets a HDTV or EDTV it would be nice to already have the cables.

Are there any other options, or is it just the included cables or component? Like is there some s-video cable or something?

My experience when I ordered them about a month ago was that my order was initally set to Backorder, 2 days later It said shipped and i got a tracking number. I then recieved them on a friday(ordered on a tuesday and paid for over night) so if your order says Backorder for a day or two dont get discouraged b/c surprisingly I recieved mine on time. Never had to worry about connecting my Wii with crappy composite cables.

[quote name='gokou36']I'm in the same boat as you.[/quote]

mine was like that also i ordered on the 18th and they were suppose dto be shipped the 28th. and i get them today which is 4 days later even though i paid for 2 day shipping.

i had no real tracking info until yesterday so that seems to be normal.

Sorry to stray from the subject, but personally I get angered when I see someone holding multiple PS3's Wii's etc on ebay to make a few bucks. What I like to say to trash is "I pay more in taxes than you make in a year"

On a side note, when I got my component cableles, all I got where the cables in a plastic bag with instructions, no fancy box. I guess thats what I get for getting the first batch.

[quote name='rutger1413']On a side note, when I got my component cableles, all I got where the cables in a plastic bag with instructions, no fancy box. I guess thats what I get for getting the first batch.[/quote]

Consider yourself lucky then. I bet everyone wishes they got one of the first batch.

[quote name='rutger1413']Sorry to stray from the subject, but personally I get angered when I see someone holding multiple PS3's Wii's etc on ebay to make a few bucks. What I like to say to trash is "I pay more in taxes than you make in a year"[/quote]

That doesn't make any sense.

[quote name='rutger1413']Sorry to stray from the subject, but personally I get angered when I see someone holding multiple PS3's Wii's etc on ebay to make a few bucks. What I like to say to trash is "I pay more in taxes than you make in a year"[/quote]

Then what are you doing at this site?

Nintendo stopped selling Gamecube component cables (and disconnected the output port on future Cubes).

They claimed few Cube owners were using Progressive.

Will Wii be the same deal (few progressive users)?

[quote name='anomynous']I ordered mine, even though I only got a EDTV[/quote]

That's fine. Wii can only output EDTV (480p). It doesn't go any higher.

Nintendo stopped selling Gamecube component cables (and disconnected the output port on future Cubes). They claimed few Cube owners were using Progressive. Will Wii be the same deal (few progressive users)?

[quote name='Doom5']The in-stock date for the React cables is 12/13. I saw it with my own two eyes as I had a sales associate check the SKU for me.[/quote]

is this for Best Buy?

A while back I ordered some stuff from Play-Asia and among those things was a set of Component cables for the Wii-@24$.
Well I only just now noted that it says Japanese out to the right.

My question is will these work on my US Wii? I would think so but wanted to ask.

[quote name='Psykoboy2']Ordered mine on Thanksgiving and got them yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Sigh, ordered mine on 21st and they JUST shipped it today. Which shipping did you choose, 1 or 2 days?

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']i dunno know if this is true, but I just got off the phone with Nintendo people and they said that first even though it says backordered they should still have a bunch left they just have not updated their system.

second, that just yesterday big N decided to push back the day for B&M stores to sell the cables until after Xmas, take this with a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]

Damn them, damn them to hell.

Look at this:

http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=802596
(hmm, for whatever reason this link doesn't work from the thread, but if I copy and paste it does - oh well, summary is that the cables are set to ship 1/30/07 from EB/GS now!)

EB/GS is saying JANUARY 30TH now! They said 12/18 just a few days ago. Being the cheap-ass that I am, I held off on ordering them from Nintendo because I wanted to get them for $30 in EB credit (thus only about $12 in real money due to trade-ins). I was willing to wait for a few weeks to get them in store, and have been holding off on playing Zelda all this time.

Now, of course, HAD I ordered the first batch I could have made enough on ebay to cover the cost of a set for myself. I wonder if they are holding back on store deliveries to cash in on selling these through the web site? And that is why the web site all of a sudden has a bunch more (when they also said there would be no deliveries until 12/18 for a while, the same time they would be in store).

1) I'm pissed they didn't just have these things in store on launch. It would have cut out the ebay market for it and gotten them to people so they could play Zelda properly.

2) They FURTHER piss me off by claiming they will be in stores on a fixed date (12/15 or 12/18 or so) and claim they are out of stock on the site, then change everything around. fuck! Now I'm probably too late ordering them from Nintendo AND I won't find them in stores until February, now?? WTF!?

Nintendo.com was swamped with orders from what I heard. Since customers pre-paid on N.com they are obligated to fulfill those orders. I'm sure Nintendo is fulfilling all of the N.com orders first and than shipping product to the stores

bread's done
Back