Compusa Instore Game Clearance YMMV

NoRain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I didn't see this posted anywhere, and it may just be my local store, but CompUsa had a fairly descent clearance sale.

Things I got were as follows all PS2.
All 9.99.
Star Wars Battlefront
Dark Cloud 2
.hack Infection
Devil May Cry 2
Ratchet and Clark

Baldur's Gate Dark Allliance 8.99

CastleVania Lemento of Innocence 14.99
Arc The Lad: TOS 14.99

Tomb Raider 3 Ps1 2.88

They also had of note
Halo Xbox for 9.99
Mario Sunshine 9.99

I didn't really dig thru the XBOX and Gamecube games well since I don't have one, but those are the two games that jumped out that might be worth it. I know none of those are spectacular deals, but I think its worth posting. Also compusa has a buy one item and get the employee discount on it this weekend too. It should be worth checking out.

Battlefront for $9.99 is absolutely, completely insane, and if anyone passes it up, they should be hit in the head with a shovel.

[quote name='NoRain'] Also compusa has a buy one item and get the employee discount on it this weekend too. It should be worth checking out.[/QUOTE]

Now THAT could be interesting.

Dark Cloud 2 is not greatest hits at my store, if I happen to be up that way I'll snag one for you, but its a good hour drive so no promises. The only greatest hits game was Baldur's Gate.

I doubt my CompUSA will have any clearance bins. My CompUSA only puts out the game's box covers, so if you want that certain game you have to bring it up to the checkout. So I doubt my CompUSA has any of this. SW: Battlefront for $10 seemed nice too!

Hmm... might have to go look at Mario Sunshine for $10 (and $5 PG rebate). Never looked at games at this store, interesting if they have any sort of selection.

What's the employee discount, anybody know?

My CompUSA still thinks that Drake is a Managers special at 35$. Their discount bin is full of 20$ games that no one else stocks they are so old.

Complete waste of time...

Update: I just called the nearest Compusa and they told me that their are also a few titles that qualify as buy one get one free. (The games that I wanted were all sold out.)

Would star wars battlefront on the xbox be also $10?

[quote name='Scorch']Battlefront for $9.99 is absolutely, completely insane, and if anyone passes it up, they should be hit in the head with a shovel.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

Thanks OP - Will have to check it out.

[quote name='Scorch']Battlefront for $9.99 is absolutely, completely insane, and if anyone passes it up, they should be hit in the head with a shovel.[/QUOTE]

How about if they don't own a PS2?

[quote name='ananag112']How about if they don't own a PS2?[/QUOTE]

Given that Scorch doesn't own a PS2 either, I don't think that enters into it.

[quote name='guessed']Given that Scorch doesn't own a PS2 either, I don't think that enters into it.[/QUOTE]

How bout if their CompUSA doesn't have deals?

[quote name='ananag112']How about if they don't own a PS2?[/QUOTE]

Just looking at the game is worth $9.99. I love that freakin' game.

Crap! I won't be able to buy SW 'cuz I'm going to the San Diego Comic-Con tomorrow! I need the money to buy more CRAP!

I went to a CompUSA a few weeks ago and they had Alien Hominid for $15 (I think it's like $20 at most other places)...otherwise it was all crap.

Yeah, now i know why I don't go to CompUSA for games... they had exactly two GameCube games, Rogue Agent and The Sims: Bustin' Out, in the bin in the aisle. I don't think I've seen a store have zero shelf space for GameCube (assuming they have other games as well). Prices for everything else sucked as well.

CompUSA is about as YMMV as you can get.

The ones in my area are awful for sales. They've still got used N64 games (?), Mortal Kombat GBA games on "clearance" for $25, and prices that are, with few exceptions, still at their original price points.

Battlefront for $10 would be nice, but I'm not expecting anyone else here to find it.

[quote name='botticus']Hmm... might have to go look at Mario Sunshine for $10 (and $5 PG rebate). Never looked at games at this store, interesting if they have any sort of selection.

What's the employee discount, anybody know?[/QUOTE]

From my experience, I've found:

For a full price game ($50), it will be about $5 - $7 discount.
For a discounted game ($30), it will be about $4 - $6 discount.
For a bargin bin game ($10), it will be about $0.50 - $1 discount.

This of course is assuming they are giving the actual employee discounts, and not some fake crap that they title the employee discount.

Edit: BTW, I thought the Employee Discount on the 15th/16th was just for Desktops and Laptops?

[quote name='Scorch']Just looking at the game is worth $9.99. I love that freakin' game.[/QUOTE]

The game is cool Scorch, but with Battlefront 2 comming out and all, I will have to skip this deal.

Yes Scorch..... I second that. The "fun-factor" in this game is EXTREMELY high.

CompUSA at Holcomb Bridge and 400 (Roswell, GA)

I think they may have made a mistake... but anyway, I scored some great new games @ 14.99 each. Will post a list later.

Some examples:

RE4 (GCN)
Starfox Assault (GCN)
Paper Mario (GCN)
Madagascar (XBOX)
MK: Deception (XBOX)

They have 2 full racks of games at this price...

I checked the CompUSA at North Point Mall, and they had jack-sh*t. Well, they had a bid full of old, crap games like Primal, Mojo, etc. (stuff that was free at TRU last year) for buy 1 get 1 free.

Thanks OP!

I agree about CompUSA being YMMV. I remember last time I was there a few months ago, I saw Burnout 2 for XBox on clearance for $49.99 and 2002 sports games on clearance for $15 - $20.

wow.. RE4?! Nearest CompUSA is about a half an hour away, tempting, but I doubt they would have anything that good anyway.

[quote name='fraeone']wow.. RE4?! Nearest CompUSA is about a half an hour away, tempting, but I doubt they would have anything that good anyway.[/QUOTE]

Again, I think that the store I went to may have been making a mistake... they had to over-ride many of the games. Hmm... but maybe not b/c some were scanning at 14.99. You may want to call the store and check on the price of something like RE4 before you make the trip.

The "Manager's Specials" at CompUSA are usually a joke. I've seen greatest hits titles on clearance for $40-$50.

[quote name='magikman']CompUSA at Holcomb Bridge and 400 (Roswell, GA)

I think they may have made a mistake... but anyway, I scored a TON of great new games @ 14.99 each. Will post a list later.

Some examples:

RE4 (GCN)
Starfox Assault (GCN)
Paper Mario (GCN)
Madagascar (XBOX)
MK: Deception (XBOX)

They have 2 full racks of games at this price...

I checked the CompUSA at North Point Mall, and they had jack-sh*t. Well, they had a bid full of old, crap games like Primal, Mojo, etc. (stuff that was free at TRU last year) for buy 1 get 1 free.

go NOW![/QUOTE]

awesome score, if you have any extras and youre looking to get rid of some definatly drop me a PM

I picked up Xenosaga II for 20 and Manhunter for 10. Saw Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal and GTA Double Pack for 20. There was a crap load of other stuff in a bin. They said the Xbox bin will be out later.

Well, here is San Marcos California, they had three bins full of games, and a tag on outside of bins "Buy 1, get one Free", not too many good deals since the games start out overpriced...the games that got my attention were all $19.99, (Baseball 2k5, LOTR: Third Age, Crimson skies, a bunch of PH, GH, and Nintendo greatest hits)....the system with the best deals seemed to be the GC, but I do not have one, probably a YMMV vary, but you may want to check out other Compusa in the san diego area, or elsewhere....

I was looking through CompUSA today on my failed trip to get Half-Life 2 on sale, but it was still a good trip. I found Star Wars KOTOR II in the clearance for $20, along with some other games. None of them really caught my eye as much though, but I picked up KOTOR II without a second thought. A great find if your store has it.

I picked up
Manhunter Xbox for 9.99,
Bloodwake for 9.99,
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for 14.99
Paper Mario 2 19.99

Saw

Dead of Alive Ultimate Double pack for 19.99

Resident Evil Zero 9.99
Resident Evil 4 19.99

Yoshi Touch and Go 14.99

and varius other things I can't remember.

[quote name='Josef']The "Manager's Specials" at CompUSA are usually a joke. I've seen greatest hits titles on clearance for $40-$50.[/QUOTE]

I saw a couple of these the last time I was at CompUSA. There were a couple GC titles on `Manager's Special' (including 1080 avalanche) for $49.99. I guess that they mean that it would be special for the manager if you paid that sort of price for the game?

There were also some GH and platinum hits titles `on clearance' for $25. I really wonder if this particular CompUSA actually ever sells any games?

I saw Magic Pengel at my CompUsa for $4.99. They have cheap print outs of the cover in a plastic case so you have to bring it to the cashier. He then calls someone in the back to get it. About 30 minutes later, this guy comes back and tells me they don't have any in stock. So I went and politely told the manager that they need to keep better track of stock because I wasted 30 minutes waiting for some guy to tell me they didn't have it. He then tells me to go with him to his office (I'm thinking ... this is weird). He then sits down at his desk and tries to log into the CompUsa website (www.compusa.com) but he has trouble doing that because apparently, he doesn't know how to type in a url. This goes on for five minutes. At first, I didn't know what he was trying to do but then I realize and ask, "Are you trying to log into the CompUsa website?" and he says, "Yes I am". Then I was like, "fuck this", got up and walked out. I mean, I could log into the CompUsa website at home and order it if they had it. I don't need him to do it for me.

I went to my local CompUSA today. Their manager's special were basically the MSRP. The best deal they had was $49.99 for Windwaker...

CompUSA is always almost devoid of customers, the local Fry's is completely dominating this market around here.

Yeah - fuckin' A - I hate reading about CompUSA deals - the one near me still has the original Dark Cloud listed at $50... never any deals at all.

[quote name='Wario64']RE4 for $20?! crazy[/QUOTE]

Well, got bored the other day sitting in traffic so I took a detour and happened upon a CompUSA I'd never been to before. Walked my butt in there and found something I thought I'd never see in a CompUSA before. Basically, anything that was not fairly new was selling for $4.88 (PS2/Xbox/GC). Titles I remember buying (all for PS2):

Timesplitters
Whiplash
Crash Nitro Cart
My Street
Siren
Beyond Good and Evil
Mace Griffin
Virtua FIghter 4: Evolution
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Dead to Rights
Crimson Sea 2
Warhammer 40000

Other stuff that I didn't grab:
Bloodrayne (GC)
Mace Griffin (Xbox)
NBA Live 2004 (PS2)
MVP Baseball 2004 (PS2)

After this little ackpot, I decided to stop at every damn CompUSA I could find. Too bad all the other ones suck and the nest deal I could find was buy 2 get 1 free on all their console games, but they charged their normal prices. :cry: oh well. A good score for me. Already traded in a few of those games to EB for GT4.

bread's done
Back