Compusa Instore Game Clearance YMMV

NoRain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I didn't see this posted anywhere, and it may just be my local store, but CompUsa had a fairly descent clearance sale.

Things I got were as follows all PS2.
All 9.99.
Star Wars Battlefront
Dark Cloud 2
.hack Infection
Devil May Cry 2
Ratchet and Clark

Baldur's Gate Dark Allliance 8.99

CastleVania Lemento of Innocence 14.99
Arc The Lad: TOS 14.99

Tomb Raider 3 Ps1 2.88

They also had of note
Halo Xbox for 9.99
Mario Sunshine 9.99

I didn't really dig thru the XBOX and Gamecube games well since I don't have one, but those are the two games that jumped out that might be worth it. I know none of those are spectacular deals, but I think its worth posting. Also compusa has a buy one item and get the employee discount on it this weekend too. It should be worth checking out.

Location?

[quote name='Warner1281']Well, got bored the other day sitting in traffic so I took a detour and happened upon a CompUSA I'd never been to before. Walked my butt in there and found something I thought I'd never see in a CompUSA before. Basically, anything that was not fairly new was selling for $4.88 (PS2/Xbox/GC). Titles I remember buying (all for PS2):

Timesplitters
Whiplash
Crash Nitro Cart
My Street
Siren
Beyond Good and Evil
Mace Griffin
Virtua FIghter 4: Evolution
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
Dead to Rights
Crimson Sea 2
Warhammer 40000

Other stuff that I didn't grab:
Bloodrayne (GC)
Mace Griffin (Xbox)

NBA Live 2004 (PS2)
MVP Baseball 2004 (PS2)

After this little ackpot, I decided to stop at every damn CompUSA I could find. Too bad all the other ones suck and the nest deal I could find was buy 2 get 1 free on all their console games, but they charged their normal prices. :cry: oh well. A good score for me. Already traded in a few of those games to EB for GT4.[/QUOTE]

Man, I have to gripe for a sec. I have a CompUSA, TRU, Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Fry's all within a 1-2 mile radius from home...

And none of them ever have squat!!! :bomb:

CompUSA - joke
TRU - practically zip for the green tag clearance
CC - nothing worthwhile during their clearance
Best Buy - never has anything on sale
Target - same as Best Buy
Fry's - occasional discounts

/rant off

i wonder if they are going to build these stores in fort wayne. they been putting a lot of ads on Tv and on the radio yet there are no stores around here YET

Went to the CompUSA in Natick to get some ink and there is a huge bin of "discounted" X-Box games. Mostly games priced around $15 under their MSRP. Esentially, a bunch of $49.99 games going for $34.99. Nothing special really. I did find one copy of Oddworld:Strangers Wrath for $15. Take off another $5 with a pricegrabber rebate and I'm pretty happy with it. But not much else to choose from.

Meh. The only thing that really stood out at my local CompUSA were a dozen or so copies of the Warcraft 3 Collector's Edition. It didn't stand out because it was cheap (it was priced as 49.99, but i didn't bother to price check it), but that they still had them, still in original wrapping, and not banged up at all. Outside of that, all i saw were 19.99 games for 19.89, some bargain bin game claiming to be the world's first MMORTSRPGFPS (or some equally confusing acronym). Maybe i'll luck out some other time.

[quote name='Samurai T']I went to Comp USA in Indy and didn't really see anything on clearance. Saw some stuff on sale, but that's about it.[/QUOTE]

wow i didnt know they had one down in indy maybe that is why its on the radio here. though i do wonder what they are bulding next to the roller dome where PEP boys used to be cause it looks like they are bulding the same buldiing time where the k mart used to be on illionis road. Hopefully it be comp usa or FRYS

I found Bujingai for 10 bucks. That doesn't stop me from hating them for not having Half Life 2 for $20 in stock. The guy said they only had 4 copies of the game at the beginning of the week.... which pisses me off because that means the HL2 ad was basically a bullshit deceptive tactic designed to get people into the store, and they also don't give out rainchecks. I then went to Wal Mart and had them PM the ad for me. I'll be damned if I'm going to be denied my $20 Half Life 2

Whats with half life 2? If I dont have net at home currently will I even be able to play single player? i thought I had read you have to register it or some crap first.

[quote name='slidecage']wow i didnt know they had one down in indy maybe that is why its on the radio here. though i do wonder what they are bulding next to the roller dome where PEP boys used to be cause it looks like they are bulding the same buldiing time where the k mart used to be on illionis road. Hopefully it be comp usa or FRYS[/QUOTE]I doubt we'd get a Fry's in town, since I noticed they are mostly suited for very large cities, after going to one around Indy. CompUSA would probably be in a shopping center somewhere, but the original PEP boys location is a possibility.

[quote name='Snake2715']Whats with half life 2? If I dont have net at home currently will I even be able to play single player? i thought I had read you have to register it or some crap first.[/QUOTE]
You need to get online at least once to be able to play it. It isn't required for the game itself, but is required for setting it up.

I picked up Otogi for $5. There really wasn't any other games there except a a few copies of Pariah for $15 and a few platinum hits games in their original packaging for $20.

[quote name='oleander']You need to get online at least once to be able to play it. It isn't required for the game itself, but is required for setting it up.[/QUOTE]

I am assuming I need to do it from the computer I am going to play it on correct.

Therefore I couldnt just get online with it at work then play it at home?

My comp usa didnt have squat except for two copies of half life 2

Forgive me if this isn't the right forum, but I'm somewhat new to posting here. If it is, please send this thread off to the proper place.

Anyhoo... I just got back from my local CompUSA after heading out to get some blank CDs, and I stopped by the game section. It turns out that they've clearanced out probably about 70% of their games to prices ranging in the 9.88 - 14.88 realm. Even as low as $5 for a couple.

I don't know if this is simply a local, or nation wide, but I asked two of the clerks and they replied that it was because they were getting ready to make room for the release of Xbox 360 and the PS3.

Regardless, I picked up Sly Cooper 2 for $14.88 (from $39.99), the GCN version of POP Warrior Within for $14.88 (from $29.99), kill.switch for XBOX at $9.88 (from $19.99) and Starfox Assault for $9.88 (from $49.99!).

I didn't have too much time to spare, but some of the other games I caught were...

XBOX: Breakdown, Tak 2, Blinx 2, kill.switch, Ty 2: Bush Rescue, POP The Sands of Time , Tron 2.0 ($10), Armed and Dangerous (either $10 or $15), Mech Assault 2 [Lone Wolf?], Project Snowblind ($15), MK: Deception ($20), Halo 2 CE ($30)
PS2: Dark Cloud, Front Mission 4, Onimusha ($7), Star Wars: Battlefront, Viewtiful Joe[2], Vexx, Beyond Good and Evil, Onimusha 3, Onimusha Blade Warriors ($10), Transformers ($13), Sly 2, Drakengard, MG3 Snake Eater ($15), Street Fighter Collection ($17), MK: Deception ($20), Ratchet and Clank 3 ($25), Devil May Cry 3 ($30)
GCN: Catwoman ($7), Starfox Adventures, Starfox Assault, Ty 2: Bush Rescue, Tak 2, Future Tactics: Uprising ($10), POP Warrior Within, Baten Kaitos ($15), MK: Deception, Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles ($20), Paper Mario 2, Zelda: Four Swords (w/adaptor) ($30)
NDS: Sprung, Ping-Palls ($8), Ridge Racer, Zoo Keeper ($10), Yoshi's Touch and Go!, Urban Asphalt GT, Sims: The Urbz ($13).

They also had a bunch of the Gamecube Demo Discs from summer 2003 back in stock at 4.99, as well as about 4 or 5 different volumes of the PS2 Jampacks for 88¢ each.

My brother and a friend of his are heading there now that they're out of work, so maybe I can find out some more titles from them. Of course... if this is a "local" clearance, it probably won't mean much. Anyway... just thought I would pass along the info.

EDIT... I Remembered a couple more, added in above... along with some my brother told me about later in the night.

Welp, my brother returned and picked up a few more games for me that I didn't grab earlier... including Paper Mario 2 ($30), Tak 2 XBOX ($10) and Tork: Prehistoric Punk ($7). He also picked up Sprung and Urban Asphalt GT for the DS, and Mortal Kombat Deception for the PS2. He mentioned that they had "lots" of DS games on sale for around $8-13.

Oh, and one of the Viewtiful Joe games for PS2, though I can't remember which but think it was VJ2, was $10 for the PS2.

I'm scanning in a picture of the receipts from earlier today, and the games that *I* got, scanned in. Other than Tak 2 and kill.switch, which were the last copies, all the other games are brand new. My scanner became obsolete when I upgraded to Panther last year, but I'm using another to transfer it... so it might take a few minutes.

I saw some old games like Bloodrayne and Freestyle Metal X marked $5, but I did get a 2002 model Action replay for $1. Any imports worth getting?

I saw some old games like Bloodrayne and Freestyle Metal X marked $5, but I did get a 2002 Gamecube model Action replay for $1. Any imports worth getting to use with it?
Also any confirmation that RE4 might be $20 everywhere? Is it in the system or does it happen to only be certain stores?

Here's a picture of the receipts...

ReceiptsCOPY.jpg

And the games I got...

Yummy.jpg

[quote name='slidecage']i wonder if they are going to build these stores in fort wayne. they been putting a lot of ads on Tv and on the radio yet there are no stores around here YET[/QUOTE]
I've been waiting for this too. They have one near Indy I think. I'm also waiting for a Fry's. They got one in Indy too. Fry's usually has really good deals on computer parts and games from what I've heard here and at [H]ardOCP's Hotdeals board. Why can't they bring them up here? This is the second largest city in the state.

[quote name='SDC']RE4 for $20? That's crazy!
We should find out if this is happening anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

No kidding, i would love to pick it up for that price.

[quote name='Snake2715']I am assuming I need to do it from the computer I am going to play it on correct.

Therefore I couldnt just get online with it at work then play it at home?

My comp usa didnt have squat except for two copies of half life 2[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I don't really see how that could work. IMO, you would be better off signing up for a free trial of dial-up internet, installing the game, and then cancelling the trial, though it would take a while to install on a dial-up connection.

[quote name='nwaugh']My CompUSA was typically overpriced and had about a dozen Resident Evil Zeros.[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't even have Zero. :cry:

There was a rack with Manager's Specials on it. More laughable prices (Mirra 2 PS2 for $35) than good deals, but still some okay stuff. I saw I recall seeing one of the Romance of Three Kingdoms games for about $15, but nothing else stuck out in my mind. For deals like this, if it's not $10 or under, I'm not too interested.

[quote name='straightballin']Mine didnt have anything on clearence. Is the clearence section away from the games section or what?[/QUOTE]

In mine, it's in the front of the store.

Unfortunately mine had nothing of interest. :/

Believe it or not, the clearanced sale games were on the shelves... as in, just the plain old shelves. Probably 70% of the games, excluding a few recent releases like Psychonauts or Killer 7 for PS2, were marked down. No Killer 7 for GCN, sadly... and the copy of Metroid Prime 2 at my store APPEARED to have been marked down at one point, because it looked like someone peeled a few stickers off of the game. But it was still listed at 49.99 underneath.

The ironic thing is that our CompUSA has a "Budget" rack. with 1 wall for GCN, 1 for PS2 and 1 for Xbox.. but the budget games were typically more expensive than most of what were on the regular shelves.

Is there any strange way that when you check the price they show up as full but then when you complete your transaction they are marked down? My Compusa have RE4 and Starfox for $40 and $50 respectively when I checked the prices.... (aside from the clearance bin and my $1 Cube Action replay)

My Compusa got a rack of clearance games, but nothing good is on there. The rest of the games are behind a glass case, so I can't ask them to check the price without going through a lot of hassle.

The local CompUSA had a special rack of clearance titles, which were an extra $5 off. Unfortunately, they were all bad *and* overpriced, even after the $5 discount.

There were many other 'clearance' titles at laughable prices, and "Manager's Special" titles that were wholly unremarkable. Some of these 'clearance' games were there the last time I was -- at least six months ago. The only thing I saw was GC Harry Potter : Sorceror's Stone for $15 (typically $30 elsewhere). Didn't get it.

Resident Evil Zero was $39.99.

It's all the more pathetic because there's a TRU two doors down, and virtually everything is far cheaper.

Well, when my brother went to get some of the games he picked up, he said that a few of them scanned at regular price, but were then manually marked down to match the display copy's price. When I got StarFox Assault, the game didn't even register in their system at all, but the clerk put in a specific code for it to mark the game down. Whether that means anything, I have no idea.

I hit the CompUSA in the Carousel Mall in Syracuse, NY two days ago, and they had around 3 copies of Devil May Cry 3 for $25, clearanced.

They had an entire isle of clearanced PS2 titles, but almost everything was $15 or more. I may go back for DMC3 though..I'm kind of annoyed that I walked out without it now..

The CompUSA I went to had 2 copies of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory Limited Edition. I think it's still full price at 54.99 Does anyone think those are worth getting? Any gameplay extras on it? Or should I just wait for the regular version to go sub-$20?

At the San Marcos store in CA the clearance sale is buy one get one free. Some of the titles I saw after the b1g1 discount are:

$10
Alien Hominid PS2
Viewtiful Joe GC
Demonstone PS2

$15
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires PS2
Crystal Chronicles GC
Drakenguard PS2

$22
Halo 2 LE Xbox

$25
Doom 3 LE Xbox
Knight of the old Republic 2 Xbox

[quote name='Randomthts']At the San Marcos store in CA the clearance sale is buy one get one free. Some of the titles I saw after the b1g1 discount are:

$10
Alien Hominid PS2
Viewtiful Joe GC
Demonstone PS2

$15
Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires PS2
Crystal Chronicles GC
Drakenguard PS2

$22
Halo 2 LE Xbox

$25
Doom 3 LE Xbox
Knight of the old Republic 2 Xbox[/QUOTE]

Geez, now those are some worthwhile games...

bread's done
Back