CompUSA Liquidation starts today - 10-30% off - Complete List Inside

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw over on SD that the CUSA stores are starting liquidation today.

Prices are starting at 20-40% (eventually going to 90%) off and each store can have a different discount amount. No more returns after today so "try it before you buy it" on electronics. Apparently service plans are still being sold and will be honored.

I'll add a 2nd post so we can update what stores are offering what.

Goodluck!

Edit: According to the liquidation list I posted below, Video game Hardware and Software is starting at 10% off and startegy guides are 20% off.

[quote name='zerowing']If I can get a 360 to last to about 20-30% I would be so happy, but I doubt that will happen.[/quote]

Thats the price point i'm waiting for as well. :applause:

[quote name='CocheseUGA']The 50% off games they had yesterday just went to 10% off. Nice call, liquidation company.[/quote]

Yeah, I just laughed out loud when I saw that: a large bin of Manager's Special games that was Buy 1, Get 1 Free yesterday is now just 10% off, so two $30 games are now $54 instead of $30. "We've got to get rid of this stuff. Hmm. Let's raise the price."

This was after work and the store was nearly empty of people, as usual.

Smoove...

Oh man. I needed a new graphics card and some memory for my PC and saw some fair deals in the CompUSA circular. Went online and they were sold out the 8600GT 512MB so I got a price match at BestBuy (not bad for $150). Went to CompUSA to buy the memory and was informed that the circular has become obselete in less than 24 hours. They jacked all the prices back up. Oh well, thank you BestBuy. You've been good to me while CC and CompUSA have somehow continued to fail.

[quote name='virtualmadden']Oh man. I needed a new graphics card and some memory for my PC and saw some fair deals in the CompUSA circular. Went online and they were sold out the 8600GT 512MB so I got a price match at BestBuy (not bad for $150). Went to CompUSA to buy the memory and was informed that the circular has become obselete in less than 24 hours. They jacked all the prices back up. Oh well, thank you BestBuy. You've been good to me while CC and CompUSA have somehow continued to fail.[/quote]

The stores are CLOSING FOR GOOD, not just refusing to honor their sales circulars. I take it you've never been to a store closing sale before? I've been to ones for various Kmart, Sam Goody, Movie Gallery(just recently) and Toys R Us stores all over the place.

The percentages off that the liquidators allow go up by 10% usually once a week or sometimes bi weekly, until everything in the store is sold. Then, all of the shelving and fixtures are sold off. Then, that's it, the store is officially closed.

You can also routinely buy the display model tv's and game systems, unless the store is forbidden to sell them per agreement with the manufacturer. I came close to buying a Gamecube kiosk from a TRU which closed about 2 years ago in Philadelphia, but space limitations held me back from buying it. Plus, I was on my way to Atlantic City and didn't even have a big vehicle to haul it home in.

The only problem with store closings is that many people who aren't true cheapasses like us on CAG will go in when stuff is 10-30% off and think they're getting a phenomenal deal and by the time the liquidation sale hits 70% off, there's usually incomplete items left and not much of anything GOOD.

Best of luck, should you try to hit your local CUSA closing sale, hope you get something good from it, since I've struck out at almost every closing I've gone to except the Movie Gallery closing just recently.

I sincerely doubt it, but you never know these days. Although, there have been chains that have gone 'out of business' in traditional brick and mortar stores, but have kept an online presence.

Two chains that stick out in my mind that did as such were Montgomery Ward department stores and Service Merchandise. They both went out of business, but kept their websites up and running.

I think someone had asked if CompUSA still carried BAWLS energry drink, and I can confirm that they had a stack of them in my local CompUSA. IIRC some stores didn't keep them in stock all the time, so i guess YMMV on this.

I was just at the store yesterday (Thursday) evening, and they were 10% off, as most things in the store were (a few things were 20% off I think).

Well, the nearest one to me now is Bakersfield (since the Anaheim one apparently closed w/o my knowing about it)...but I never really liked CUSA, so doesn't bother me that they went belly up.

Good luck to those you waiting for your chance.

another problem is that they closed most of their stores last time. Out of the 7-8 in an hour radius from me there are only a couple left and those are in the city so i know they'll be cleaned out quickly. So I'm sure that people will spend some time and travel so each store will have even more customers than the last closing sale.

I did score a couple of xbox 360 headsets last year for $8 each on the last day they were open but otherwise it was mostly mp3 player accessories.

I'd love to get some stuff for a home stereo system but I doubt they have anything good.

I know that the last sale the employees got an extra 10% off. I need a job for winter break so I might take it and stash a PS3 and maybe even a wii (which for some reason they were still getting shipments the last couple weeks they were around)

If there is something you really want you might be able to get an employee to stash it for you for $5 and offer him another $20 when you actually pick-up the merchandise.

[quote name='xbltheshadow']I'll stop by the one in Charlotte, NC once I go back there for Christmas break and see if they have anything decent.[/quote]

If you are talking about the one that is on 74 I wouldnt waste the gas. Only 10% on most stuff right now. I would wait till it hits 30%. Nothing jumped out at me for only 10% off.....

The entrance should be barricaded till at least it's mostly 20-30% off. So that the stock stays there, or hide it thoughout the store before hand. That's what I did on BF at least, I went into AAFEEs before black friday, found the on sale merchandise, and made sure it could be found no more. Perhaps if you're patient you can wait in the air duct(or whtevr) like it was said.

I wonder if they still sell Tapwave Zodiacs. That was the best PDA I ever owned (I had a total of three of them). I wouldn't mind having a brand new one this time around since the others are dying on me (battery issues mostly).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The stores are CLOSING FOR GOOD, not just refusing to honor their sales circulars. I take it you've never been to a store closing sale before? I've been to ones for various Kmart, Sam Goody, Movie Gallery(just recently) and Toys R Us stores all over the place.

The percentages off that the liquidators allow go up by 10% usually once a week or sometimes bi weekly, until everything in the store is sold. Then, all of the shelving and fixtures are sold off. Then, that's it, the store is officially closed.

You can also routinely buy the display model tv's and game systems, unless the store is forbidden to sell them per agreement with the manufacturer. I came close to buying a Gamecube kiosk from a TRU which closed about 2 years ago in Philadelphia, but space limitations held me back from buying it. Plus, I was on my way to Atlantic City and didn't even have a big vehicle to haul it home in.

The only problem with store closings is that many people who aren't true cheapasses like us on CAG will go in when stuff is 10-30% off and think they're getting a phenomenal deal and by the time the liquidation sale hits 70% off, there's usually incomplete items left and not much of anything GOOD.

Best of luck, should you try to hit your local CUSA closing sale, hope you get something good from it, since I've struck out at almost every closing I've gone to except the Movie Gallery closing just recently.[/quote]
I've gone to store closings before. In fact this is the second CompUSA closing I'll have gone to. We have a few stores that didn't close the first time around. I was just a little ticked that they released weekly discounts and won't honor them. Anyway I could care less, I got my stuff price matched.

Ya know, that's what happens with store closings, any sale prices go POOF. Glad to hear you somehow got them to PM, even though you would think that BB's manager types would be up on the store closings of other chains and not honor the price that even CUSA wouldn't(due to the closing).

When our Compusa closed around here, I picked up a Core2Duo CPU for 40% off, it was great at the time .. I'll probably check out the one farther north sooner or later, but it'll likely be picked clean since its the only one even close nearby. Thanks OP.

Wow, I stopped by this sale today, and it was sad, sad, sad. The CompUSA was almost fully stocked still and there was hardly anyone shopping there even with these "deals" on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

Does anyone have any guesses as to when the next price drop might happen? They still have a ton of liquidating to do if they want to close by the end of January.

[quote name='blueboy']Wow, I stopped by this sale today, and it was sad, sad, sad. The CompUSA was almost fully stocked still and there was hardly anyone shopping there even with these "deals" on one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

Does anyone have any guesses as to when the next price drop might happen? They still have a ton of liquidating to do if they want to close by the end of January.[/quote]

They are dropping prices by the week.

Shame that my friend just started working there a couple of months ago... wow, lol. The few times i went to CompUSA i wasn't too pleased with some of their prices, though (especially on memory sticks for the PC... cheap brand, to boot!!)

I might stop in there next Wednesday to see what's up on a PSP slim if it's at 20%. Probably won't get the silver one i bet. meh

picked up 8000 XBL points for like $74, scene it for $53, and viva pinata for $14

mine had about 8 copies of rock band for ps3, and none for 360... waa waaaaaaa

I checked out a CompUSA earlier today, but yeah the entire store was still completely stocked and all the deals were pretty bad as people have been saying. I don't think I saw an item that was more than 10% off, and their store flyer says MP3 players and computers are the exceptions to their 10-30% off everything rule. The only thing I saw in the store that was of any interest was a 10% off PS3 80 GB version, but once you figured tax into the equation the savings over just buying it online would be minimal. Fairly disappointing, but then again CompUSA always has been.

I checked it out last night, deals were pretty bad. They had a 40" Bravia for $1700 after 10% off.

Best Buy had the same thing for $1500 :|

I went today to check this out... let me tell you, this is ridiculous.

I saw a 1600$ laptop reduced on liquidation, guess what the % was.... 4%. -_-

seriously, thats lame as shit.

1 Gb SD cards were at 35.99 and 29.99 (when you can easily find the same one for 9.99 - 19.99 at many retailers).

And the videogames, pfft. Mine had a copy of PD:Zero, 39.99, with an extra 10% off. they must be joking.

I recommend no one wastes their time on this until another 2 or 3 weeks pass. Hopefully it'll be closer to 50% by then, and some items might be worth purchasing at that point.

[quote name='reicaden']I went today to check this out... let me tell you, this is ridiculous.

I saw a 1600$ laptop reduced on liquidation, guess what the % was.... 4%. -_-

seriously, thats lame as shit.

1 Gb SD cards were at 35.99 and 29.99 (when you can easily find the same one for 9.99 - 19.99 at many retailers).

And the videogames, pfft. Mine had a copy of PD:Zero, 39.99, with an extra 10% off. they must be joking.

I recommend no one wastes their time on this until another 2 or 3 weeks pass. Hopefully it'll be closer to 50% by then, and some items might be worth purchasing at that point.[/QUOTE]

was this the one at dadeland? the one by the falls that closed down had at most on closing day 10% off laptops... don't expect them to go down at all really... pure crap.

Store closing sales suck until the last couple weeks, but by then the people who think $10-15 off a normally priced game or $50-60 off a console are good deals have snapped up the 'good stuff'.

I know the CompUSA in Syracuse had shit left the last time I hit that before I stopped going to the auctions for a while. They had games which were on clearance originally, marked back up to full MSRP and then discounted back down to their orignial clearance price. What deals!!

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
I know the CompUSA in Syracuse had shit left the last time I hit that before I stopped going to the auctions for a while. They had games which were on clearance originally, marked back up to full MSRP and then discounted back down to their orignial clearance price. What deals!![/quote]

No kidding. They had a tower full of clearance games that were 50% off clearance price two weeks ago; now those games are still there, but I didn't see any clearance prices outside of the 10% off.

My store didn't have most of the items I was looking for... Microsoft Point cards, Kodak Easydock Printer, a deal on cat 5 cables or really a deal on anything, except an obvious mis-stickered price which I jumped on like a baby puma. My mother's computer does not have DVD drive and she wants to play Sims 2. Sims 2 on CD-ROM has been difficult for me to find in store, but my CompUSA had the Sims 2 Holiday Edition (CD-ROM) with a sticker on it saying $9.98 after a quick call to help confirm it does contain the full version of Sims 2, I took it up to the cashier and began the fight... she started walking away saying the price wasn't correct and began to peal the sticker off. I quickly stopped her from doing that and she went to speak to the manager. After some complaining about having to call the liquidators she very reluctantly gave me the price, but wouldn't take 10% off.. shrug... it's 10 bucks on NewEgg... gosh forbid CompUSA match a price on NewEgg.. maybe they would still be in business.

[quote name='zenintrude']picked up 8000 XBL points for like $74, scene it for $53, and viva pinata for $14

mine had about 8 copies of rock band for ps3, and none for 360... waa waaaaaaa[/QUOTE]

Wow congratz to you, you found all of the deals I couldn't find... my store did have one copy of Rockband for 360, though I unfortunately don't have the space for it.

Nothing worth rushing out for at the Austin, TX, location, other than Mac OSX Leopard for 10% off (which you can still get cheaper on Amazon).

What's the most likely day for the next price drop? Wednesday? They won't give you any details on the discounts over the phone unfortunately.

[quote name='Advocatus']My store didn't have most of the items I was looking for... Microsoft Point cards, Kodak Easydock Printer, a deal on cat 5 cables or really a deal on anything, except an obvious mis-stickered price which I jumped on like a baby puma. My mother's computer does not have DVD drive and she wants to play Sims 2. Sims 2 on CD-ROM has been difficult for me to find in store, but my CompUSA had the Sims 2 Holiday Edition (CD-ROM) with a sticker on it saying $9.98 after a quick call to help confirm it does contain the full version of Sims 2, I took it up to the cashier and began the fight... she started walking away saying the price wasn't correct and began to peal the sticker off. I quickly stopped her from doing that and she went to speak to the manager. After some complaining about having to call the liquidators she very reluctantly gave me the price, but wouldn't take 10% off.. shrug... it's 10 bucks on NewEgg... gosh forbid CompUSA match a price on NewEgg.. maybe they would still be in business.[/quote]

Strange. I picked up a FragFX for $19.99. It rang up as $59 to which I said "Woah the sticker says $20, no way im paying $60". The casheir didn't bat an eye and gave me it for $20.

The store around my area has everything 10% off. They had 20% off on all mags and books. Only stuff that was 10% off. People were in there buying up a lot of crap. Guess to some people, a deal is a deal even if they're paying more than they would down the street at CC or BB.

[quote name='lbradeen']Strange. I picked up a FragFX for $19.99. It rang up as $59 to which I said "Woah the sticker says $20, no way im paying $60". The casheir didn't bat an eye and gave me it for $20.[/QUOTE]

interesting... i tried to buy an xbox vision camera for the marked price of $19.99 + 10% off, but it rang up for $29.99, and the cashier wouldn't change it because she said that because of the store closing, all prices have reverted back to some previous revision of price and that labeled prices are not guaranteed.

seems sketchy, but whatever... if anyone can snag an xbox vision camera for me for $18, let me know. maybe we can work something out.

If it rang in for $29.99 I would've talked to a manager. But I recently went and really didn't see anything too appealing. It was funny though because I saw Dead Rising for $52.99 which made no sense whatsoever.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']was this the one at dadeland? the one by the falls that closed down had at most on closing day 10% off laptops... don't expect them to go down at all really... pure crap.[/quote]

Yes!! it was the one by Dadeland Mall, total waste man, total waste.

I have another that is close to me when I am at my apartment, but its the same crud. (Sunrise and Flamingo, off of I-75 in Sunrise/Plantation).

I am hoping that they eventually do get to 40% or so and I can pick up something decent like a processor or videocard, or a PSP.

Did the one at the falls ever get to 50 or 60% (i figure they have to...eventually, right?)

Yes I remember when Ames closed. The last week they had new in box game gear, Sega Genesis, and Sega Pico for 90% off. The woman who worked there said it was in some boxes that were sitting there since 1994.

This was in 2002 lol.

It would be great to find Windows 1.0 for 90% off.

[quote name='reicaden']Yes!! it was the one by Dadeland Mall, total waste man, total waste.

I have another that is close to me when I am at my apartment, but its the same crud. (Sunrise and Flamingo, off of I-75 in Sunrise/Plantation).

I am hoping that they eventually do get to 40% or so and I can pick up something decent like a processor or videocard, or a PSP.

Did the one at the falls ever get to 50 or 60% (i figure they have to...eventually, right?)[/QUOTE]

yeah, I think they hit 60% off but the entire store was starting to get bare around 30%-40%

[quote name='indiraider']Yes I remember when Ames closed. The last week they had new in box game gear, Sega Genesis, and Sega Pico for 90% off. The woman who worked there said it was in some boxes that were sitting there since 1994.

This was in 2002 lol.

It would be great to find Windows 1.0 for 90% off.[/quote]

I wish they had that around here at some of the store chains that closed, but all that was left by 90% at many places were incomplete dvd/vhs box sets and crap you'd have no use for unless you have a TON of room(metal shelving that's about 20 feet long).

I've been to sales from Sam Goody, Kmart, CompUSA and Movie Gallery and people are fuckin idiots and will snap up tons of stuff @ 10% off thinking they're getting a big deal when they're not.

Then again, I almost bought a display model PS2/tv/stand combo from the one Sam Goody, but they wanted about $120 for it all. Besides not having a truck or big enough car to haul it all home in, I think I would've been SOL on finding a spot for it.

As for the sale prices or price drops, all of those go out the window and many liquidators will simply jack up the prices to OVER original MSRP in many cases. It's only after they see stuff isn't moving and the date they have to end the sales by looming closer(be it because of the lease being up or whatever) that they start giving a GOOD discount.

when I went last Sunday processors were 20% off so I grabbed the AMD 6000+ for 161 bucks after taxes. I know its the same price at newegg but I didn't have to wait for shipping ;-). Waiting on a new PSU (hope there are some left at the 40-50% off mark) and maybe a video card if the deal is right.

But anyways confirmed in Orange/Milford, CT.

Went to the store today (it's close to work) and the sales haven't changed yet, maybe tomorrow.

While I was there this guy bought 5 DS's at the 10% off....so basically he got it for tax free.

bread's done
Back