CompUSA Liquidation starts today - 10-30% off - Complete List Inside

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw over on SD that the CUSA stores are starting liquidation today.

Prices are starting at 20-40% (eventually going to 90%) off and each store can have a different discount amount. No more returns after today so "try it before you buy it" on electronics. Apparently service plans are still being sold and will be honored.

I'll add a 2nd post so we can update what stores are offering what.

Goodluck!

Edit: According to the liquidation list I posted below, Video game Hardware and Software is starting at 10% off and startegy guides are 20% off.

What I noticed so far was 10% off video games and accessories and 20% off of movies.

I nabbed 2 things because I know they will be gone soon:

Halo Live Gold $39.99 = $36.00
4000 Point Card $42.99 = $38.69

Not bad knowing that they won't last. I will see what is left when the discounts get better.

***This was in Tampa btw.

[quote name='ronnydobbs']What I noticed so far was 10% off video games and accessories and 20% off of movies.

I nabbed 2 things because I know they will be gone soon:

Halo Live Gold $39.99 = $36.00
4000 Point Card $42.99 = $38.69

Not bad knowing that they won't last. I will see what is left when the discounts get better.

***This was in Tampa btw.[/quote]

Just got back from my CUSA and confirmed the same thing.

Was going to check the store 2 hours ago, before taking kids out of day care, I am glad I didn't wasted my time there..let's see what happens.....

I've got my eye on a GPS attachment for the Nokia N800 I just bought, but I'm waiting for it to drop to 30% or more. Strangely enough, it's got at least that discount online right now, but there's no in store pickup anymore, and I don't feel like fighting Fed-Ex for my package again.

I bought an HP w2207 monitor from tham back in April along with a 2 year warrenty. Now I recenly discovered I have a dead pixel, should I take back my monitor now? How would I got about exchanging it when the store near my house closes?

Ah. Thought that's what it was but wanted to make sure. Can't stand them but I'll gladly take some cheap inventory off their hands.
-G

Hm. I hope I can get a cheap GBA or other console out of this.

The last time I was at CompUSA, a lot of the newer video games were overpriced, but surprisingly the Xbox 360 games were under retail. Since this is in the hands of the liquidators now, there's always that chance prices have been marked up even more.

Anyways, I might check CompUSA in a couple of weekends. I can wait for some more price slashing.

This also makes me glad that I didn't apply for a winter job at CompUSA. Although it sounds like CompUSA sucks in general for most people, my store seemed pretty good. Helps that I know a few people that work there, I guess.

My compUSA went away quite a while ago. The last time i visited, i did get some games pretty cheap, as there was a clearance. However, despite being sold as "new", many already had scratches on them, and had clearly been played before, i am guessing by the staff. Never went back, nor is it missed. (i had visited before, and they never discounted their games, nor have good ones in stock.)

Luckily, i have a MicroCenter, which is awesome for computer parts, and salespeople who actually are accessable and know what they are talking about. I once asked for a 2.5" Hard drive connector to regular 3.5 HD connector (to do recovery of laptop HDs using a desktop), and they took me right to the adapter, which they had in stock, and very reasonably priced.

MicroCenter out of business---i would be bummed.
CompUSA out of business---They weren't already?

The only two CompUSA stores 'by me' already closed a while ago. There was one wayyyy the hell out in NJ(Paramus or Parsippany I believe) and one in Syracuse, NY(at the Carousel Mall).

Outside of those two, I don't know where there would be another one that wouldn't be at LEAST a 2 hour drive, so I'm SOL about getting in on this.

Plus, all the stupid soccer moms and non bargain shoppers will snap up the overpriced inventory @ 10-40% off and leave nothing for the GOOD period of these closing sales, which is the last week or two.

Though, I shouldn't say that, since the Movie Gallery that closed by me recently got up to its final week with alot of inventory left. Unfortunately, alot of it included tv DVD box sets which were broken up into individual dvds and people cherry picked out the middle disc of the set, thus making them incomplete and worthless even @ $1-1.50 a pop.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I think I'll just camp out in my store with some merchandise until it drops to a decent discount.[/quote]

That's about the only way to keep the dumbasses who buy crap at these closing sales when it's NOT a good discount yet from buying up all of the good stuff early on.

Another way is to do like some and hide games and other items you want under the shelving. :lol: But, that would throw off their inventory and the next store to rent/lease the building would get a nice bonus 'surprise' if they don't sell of the shelves.

Man I checked the list also and saw nothing that caught my eye. Maybe it's a good thing that the one here in Bakersfield is closing because they never have good customer service. Although that is just the employees not the store but either way goodbye to a store that had some crazy pricing.

I'm going to guess employees have consoles on hold. Last time when the nearby CompUSA closed, on the day before they closed for good I saw an employee walk out with a PS3 and an HD-DVD player. Those were like 40% off by that time or something.

Most stuff is only 10% right now, yet people will bite... why, I just don't know. I wish I could convince the masses to wait until things hit at least 30%, and ideally more like 40%+ off making these actual "good deals"

Alas, most of the good stuff will be gone before it even reaches 20% off.

At 10%, I'll wait. Maybe I'll check it out when it get to 40% or more.

I went to the last round of CompUSA's closing and many of the regular prices were so high, it wasn't worth it even with discount.

Well, if their store prices are the same as their online prices then %10-20 off isn't worth it for anything, really. I'll hold out for now.

[quote name='PyroGamer']I think I'll just camp out in my store with some merchandise until it drops to a decent discount.[/quote]

I thought about doing that. Camp out in the ceiling rafters, then sneak out via rope ladder each night to scan all the items. When the good prices get uploaded, BAM, I'm right there first in line next morning to get the deals. :lol:

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I thought about doing that. Camp out in the ceiling rafters, then sneak out via rope ladder each night to scan all the items. When the good prices get uploaded, BAM, I'm right there first in line next morning to get the deals. :lol:[/QUOTE]

knowing how crappy CompUSA has gotten, this is 100% feasible.

I just went to the CompUSA nearest me in Tigard, OR.

Stuff in that store was only up to 20% off. However, I'd guess that that 95% of the store's inventory was still only at 10% off so YMMV.

[quote name='A Happy Panda']I just went to the CompUSA nearest me in Tigard, OR.

Stuff in that store was only up to 20% off. However, I'd guess that that 95% of the store's inventory was still only at 10% off so YMMV.[/quote]

That's the one near me, thanks for the info. I would guess the real deals will start after xmas, but most of the hot items will be long gone by people who don't know what the price of stuff is online/other stores and just see the discount %.

I made out real good during the Media Play closeout, so I'm hopefull that I will get at least a couple of items at a good price during this one.

Let's keep the discussion about how we hate or loved the USSR in the huge other thread, and keep this one for the actual 'deals' discussion.

The 50% off games they had yesterday just went to 10% off. Nice call, liquidation company.

So far it sucked, checked it out and there was nothing. I mean the laptops and desktops were all garbage to begin with and then they were only 5% off. Totally bogus. Just make everything a flat 50% off and let people have at it. I guess if they knew what they were doing they wouldn't be going out of business. And yes, the liquidation company is tarderrific.

Maybe something good by Friday, we'll see.

Later,

Alex

bread's done
Back