CompUSA Liquidation starts today - 10-30% off - Complete List Inside

Tirade

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Saw over on SD that the CUSA stores are starting liquidation today.

Prices are starting at 20-40% (eventually going to 90%) off and each store can have a different discount amount. No more returns after today so "try it before you buy it" on electronics. Apparently service plans are still being sold and will be honored.

I'll add a 2nd post so we can update what stores are offering what.

Goodluck!

Edit: According to the liquidation list I posted below, Video game Hardware and Software is starting at 10% off and startegy guides are 20% off.

I probably should have posted my haul from the local Compusas:
Phenom 9500 $105
8GB DDR2 PC 800 for $80 (4x2 GB sticks from corsair)
Vista Ultimate 100
SATA Raptor 74GB with city of villians and spell force 2 and stranglehold all for 100
Not bad if I must say so myself,a fitting haul for a store I shopped at twice in my entire life

Anyone know if any of the Comp USAs in Maryland are open still?
I wanted to stop by Saturday and see what they had left, if anything.

[quote name='CoverD']Anyone know if any of the Comp USAs in Maryland are open still?
I wanted to stop by Saturday and see what they had left, if anything.[/quote]

I thought that COMPUSA was back from the dead. Tiger Direct bought them out....maybe i'm wrong, but my store is still going strong.

I drove by two CompUSAs today, and, to my surprise, both were closed already.

Dang. I was holding out on a couple games, but apparently I held out too long.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I thought that COMPUSA was back from the dead. Tiger Direct bought them out....maybe i'm wrong, but my store is still going strong.[/quote]
I might as well see if the one closest to me in Towson, MD has anything, I'm pretty sure they closed or are about to close, because when I looked at their store locator, it was nothing but locations in Florida.

Picked up a couple of cheap 360 games, a few cables and the best score was Photoshop CS3 for $129. Couldn't believe it was still there on the 2nd last day...

[quote name='mbennum']All of them... :lol:[/quote]

then why does their site say there are stores opening this spring...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coming This Spring[/FONT]
Jacksonville, FL
Altamonte Springs, FL
Orlando, FL
Deerfield, FL
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Plantation, FL
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
El Paso, Texas
Plano, Texas
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

[quote name='cheapomonkey']then why does their site say there are stores opening this spring...
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Coming This Spring[/FONT]
Jacksonville, FL
Altamonte Springs, FL
Orlando, FL
Deerfield, FL
Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Plantation, FL
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
El Paso, Texas
Plano, Texas
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico[/quote]

Because Systemax bought the rights to the CompUSA brand.

According to my local store guy there are stores opening under the tigerdirect name and some maintaining the compusa name. Both will be offshoots of their respective website. Which if you haven't checked recently compusas' website is almost exactly like tigerdirects'.

I made out fairly well. Went in on Saturday and got a laptop in box for $575.00, got rid of the old beast. Definitely will not miss the horrible service I got from them. They were on par with Best Buy in my opinion.

I picked up a working, but stuck HD iPod 60 gig video for $29.99. Will send it in to one of those iPod fixing service and pay $20 to get it fixed. 60 gig video for $50. Not bad.

[quote name='bigdaddy']I just wanted to say fuck YOU COMPUSA! YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED!

:)[/quote]

Compusa used to be great at one time. I remember I picked up Kingpin: Life of Crime there - That game was not sold at any store because of its subject matter but Compusa at least had the balls to sell that.

I also found lots of deal throughout the years - although with less frequency during the latter years..

I went on the second to last day at the one in Cincinnati, and I think I scored pretty good...

Stranglehold CE (360) 17.99
Manhunt 2 8.99
Farcry (360) 10.49

Monster Cable THX 1000 Component Cables 19.99

13" Macbook 2.0 Core 2 Duo [New in Box] 451.99

i'm also going to miss CompUSA. It was at least an alternative when looking for computer type things. Now the only retailer around me that sells stuff like this is BestBuy.

CUSA also had many good deals on Video Games over the last couple of years. Their Manager Specials were always excellent -- I could often pick up a close to new release for $20 - $30 off retail. Example was Gears that I picked up for $25 less than a month after it's release.

Well It seems the Clearwater, FL compusa has reopened as.... Compusa. Has anyone been in any of the ones that have reopened. Are they still as much of a rip off as they ever were?

bread's done
Back