CompUSA Red Star Inventory Blowout B&M YMMV

little_krampy

CAGiversary!
CompUSA has been clearancing some inventory for some time now. I don't know if this is a new promo that I stumbled upon or not. But I noticed on the website there is a red star thing going on right now where you save an additional 25% off the clearance price. AND you can check your local stores inventory online! Just looking through a few Wisconsin stores...which I'm not even close to unfortunately...I see some nice deals on hardware. Just thought I'd mention this so hopefully some of you CAGs can score some nice deals.

Link to store selection page
- Select your state
- then on the next page click on "See this store's listing of blowout items"

Examples from Brookfield location:
Norwood P42BSAT 42-inch Plasma EDTV $899.98 - $225.00 = $674.98 (2 in stock)
Game Boy Advance SP, Onyx $49.98 - $12.50 = $37.48 (2 in stock)
GameCube, Platinum Limited Edition $74.98 - $18.75 = $56.23 (4 in stock)

Examples from Madison location:
Magnavox 15MF150V/37 15-inch LCD TV $249.98 - $62.50 = $187.48 (2 in stock)
Xbox Console $99.98 - $25.00 = $74.98 (2 in stock)

Just looking through some other stores I've seen some of the following:
GB Micro Black for $69.98 - $17.50 = $52.48
DS Electric Blue for $119.98 - $30 = $89.98
PS2 Slimline for $129.98 - $32.50 = $97.48
PSP for $179.98 - $45 = $134.98

Might want to try using this too
$10 off $100 purchase

My local store was still at 15% on games, but it seems the crazy people are buying them. I think some games may have been shipped out as well.

The only thing that I saw at 40% was some cell phone accessories.

MOst of the 10% stuff went to 15%. Laptops were still at 5% I think.

LCD's went to 15%, and I'd guess some of them were sent out rather than reduced (I had been eyeing a 24" Gateway, they had a bunch and then suddenly none).

still 15% off games at mine.

they have 360 cores for $254 and a PSP for $169. I'm tempted to find a cheap HDD and piece together a premium system, but it seems like premiums are getting close to the $300 point on ebay with the Elite coming out. and there's nothing I want to play on it right now.

Went yesterday. I was in on Monday. Signs now said 15 to 40% off everything.

Video games went from 10 to 15% off. Wow.

There was one DS Mage Knight left, so I picked it up. $17. I saw it the very first day of the clearance. By waiting a month I saved an extra....$1. CAG deal of the year, I'm telling you.

There are still some good games left, and a ton of 360 games. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm probably not going to get any of them. DS Hamsterz Life seems to have disappeared, along with a bunch of other DS games.

They had some 360 Premiums left, which wouldn't be a bad deal. But they're probably from the 360 launch.

I was at the Compusa in Parsippany, NJ and it is still a crappy sale.

5-40% off. Most of the stuff is still 15% off. PC's and Laptops are 5%. Zune accessories are 30% off though.
Video Game Guides are 40% off. They had the Gears of War Collectors Guide and Perfect Dark Zero. They also had Halo 2 and The Sims. Some other decent stuff. My brother got the Resistance Fall of Man Guide for $6.00? I think that was the price anyway.

I'm still wondering if the sales are in synch with each other to some extent. Most people across the country are reporting the same percentages off. If that's the case, maybe we could start tracking this sale a little better. Posting when percentages on certain products are lowered.

[quote name='BrandonMills']I'm still wondering if the sales are in synch with each other to some extent. Most people across the country are reporting the same percentages off. If that's the case, maybe we could start tracking this sale a little better. Posting when percentages on certain products are lowered.[/quote]

I think it all depends on when the stores lease is up...

I spoke with a manager at a closing CompUSA and got some news that wasn't very hopeful. their plan is to slowly drop the prices of games, but they will not drop them to a point where they lose money. He indicated that they would send them off to other stores before they dropped that low.

[quote name='BrandonMills']I'm still wondering if the sales are in synch with each other to some extent. Most people across the country are reporting the same percentages off. If that's the case, maybe we could start tracking this sale a little better. Posting when percentages on certain products are lowered.[/quote]

I started a northern VA one since the bastards are closing all of them in NoVA :(

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130077

However based on what I have been seeing and reading here, it looks like this is CompUSA's big way of saying fuck YOU to the customers who never buy stuff at the store. My guess is because this is not a complete company wide shut down (meaning the company is going under), this is why we are getting such a shitty close out deal. Anything left over will head to the other stores.. but eventually when the company does go under...those remaining stores will have the best close out deals and we will get the shaft! :(

[quote name='daminion']I spoke with a manager at a closing CompUSA and got some news that wasn't very hopeful. their plan is to slowly drop the prices of games, but they will not drop them to a point where they lose money. He indicated that they would send them off to other stores before they dropped that low.[/quote]

Well, that's terrible. Essentially they want us customers to clean out the crap that's too much of a bother to ship, and they don't even want to bother giving us a good discount. And everything's non-returnable. Exactly what benefit are we getting out of this?

I would say fuck them, but they've already done a good enough job of that themselves.

[quote name='blandstalker']Well, that's terrible. Essentially they want us customers to clean out the crap that's too much of a bother to ship, and they don't even want to bother giving us a good discount. And everything's non-returnable. Exactly what benefit are we getting out of this?

I would say fuck them, but they've already done a good enough job of that themselves.[/quote]

Exactly what I was thinking, these prices aren't much of a savings and with no returns or warranty it isn't such a great deal. Went by the Modesto. CA one the other day to see if prices have dropped, still the same as they were a month ago...

[quote name='MysterD']Anyone been to their nearby CompUSA lately?

If so, at your store, how much are the percentages? They change at all?[/quote]

Stopped by on my way home from work on Friday at Duluth, GA store. Games are now 20% off and are in 2 big metal cages as soon as you walk in. Most of the games are not marked, so you have to ask for a price check..

[quote name='MysterD']Anyone been to their nearby CompUSA lately?

If so, at your store, how much are the percentages? They change at all?[/quote]

20% on games at mine as well. Whoop-de-doo.

Did someone say Phoenix Wright for DS was rare? They had 1 of each game there but I passed it up, I couldn't remember if the games were rare or not. They had the first PW and the 2nd. $30 each with 20% off

Anyway I got Saints Row for $40 and King Kong for $14, not bad I guess. They were out of wireless 360 controllers which sux

Just picked up a wired 360 headset from my CompUSA for $16. Doubly awesome since Best Buy, Target, AND Gamestop were out of stock for that damn thing.

Has anyone been to the one near king of prussia,pa? If so what are the percentages off games and game accessories cause I'm thinking of picking up a wired controller for 360 if they have any.

[quote name='dhelmuth']Stopped by on my way home from work on Friday at Duluth, GA store. Games are now 20% off and are in 2 big metal cages as soon as you walk in. Most of the games are not marked, so you have to ask for a price check..[/QUOTE]

Stopped by on Wednesday and games were 20% off, strategy guides were 40% off.
They had good game for X360, saw Crackdown as well as a couple other recent releases.

Stopped by the one in Edison, NJ, 20% on consoles/games there as well which I don't see as bad but not that great either. at least you can get 360 games for 47.99 or so and some there were cheaper like king kong for 360 was a manager special at $17.99 + 20% off was at $14.99.

Scored a copy of Crackdown with the Halo 3 beta invite for 20% off last night. Less than 50 bucks, is a pretty good deal. I think I got the last copy. All the 360 stuff is 20% off...

This was at the Scottsdale, AZ store.

[quote name='dhelmuth']Stopped by on my way home from work on Friday at Duluth, GA store. Games are now 20% off and are in 2 big metal cages as soon as you walk in. Most of the games are not marked, so you have to ask for a price check..[/QUOTE]

Not priced??? Really???

What happened? Are some of the games cheaper than they were before now or something???

Stopped by a CompUSA near me that was closing and they still had tons of games, all at 20% off. Clearly not a good enough deal for even the average consumer to buy them. So does anyone know when these are going to increase to the 50% off point or so? The employees at the store indicated that they wouldn't increase to that level and the remaining merchandise would be shipped off to other CUSA stores, which I know is incorrect because they are no longer CUSA stores, but rather owned by a liquidator.

So I wonder when the snap will come... when the game % off drops enough that the vultures swoop in and buy anything of interest.

Last wed. the Totowa NJ store was 15%/40%. BOOOOOO

[quote name='portnoyd']So I wonder when the snap will come... when the game % off drops enough that the vultures swoop in and buy anything of interest.

Last wed. the Totowa NJ store was 15%/40%. BOOOOOO[/QUOTE]

my guess is about 2/3rds through april it'll start to hit the sweet spot. I'm waiting till then since I can see a compusa from my house and it only takes 2 min to walk there.

Checked store again yesterday and realized that they had an Oblivion Collectors Edition, had them price check and it was $19.98... Then 20% off of that... Needless to say I got it...

Can anyone recall all of the game deals prior to the store closing and compile a list?

[quote name='dhelmuth']Checked store again yesterday and realized that they had an Oblivion Collectors Edition, had them price check and it was $19.98... Then 20% off of that... Needless to say I got it...

Can anyone recall all of the game deals prior to the store closing and compile a list?[/quote]
That's an awesome deal for the game. Was it the PC or 360 version? (gonna assume it's not the ps3 one)

[quote name='Finalspirit']That's an awesome deal for the game. Was it the PC or 360 version? (gonna assume it's not the ps3 one)[/quote]

360 version

[quote name='Mo the Hawk']Just picked up a wired 360 headset from my CompUSA for $16. Doubly awesome since Best Buy, Target, AND Gamestop were out of stock for that damn thing.[/quote]

I've got like 3 or 4 of those damn things laying around from the Xbox live bundles and I never know what to do with them.

Just as an update, the Columbus, OH Easton store is at the 20% game discount now and they've consolidated all of their Xbox360 games into a stand alone display instead of spread out in aisles. Visually it looks like less games, but maybe that's just an optical trick in taking it from long spread out rows to a kiosk that piles six or seven deep.

Anyway, lots of games left and at 20% right now.

does anyone have any updates? im in tx and i've been a few times already but im lookin for an lcd/flat panel monitor last i checked they were 10% at my store

I checked 2 of the closing CompUSA near my area today. Here's my observation so far:

-Many of the good stuff are 20% off (video cards, network stuff, software, etc).
-Vista Software are 25% off.
-Computer components are 40% off (cases, case stuff, power supplies).
-Only thing that I have seen so far that is 50% off are strategy guides, cellphone accessories, and AC adapters.

I noticed a small print on the percent off signs that saids, "excludes mp3 players and computers". I guess those stuff are only 5% off.

Mine had TV's for 25% off, unfortunately, I don't have the cash to buy a TV right now. All the games for both PC and consoles were 20% off. I picked up 3 PSP games (Ratchet: Size Matters, Sid Meier's Pirates, and Capcom Puzzle Collection) for about $85.

[quote name='ZForce']Mine had TV's for 25% off, unfortunately, I don't have the cash to buy a TV right now. All the games for both PC and consoles were 20% off. I picked up 3 PSP games (Ratchet: Size Matters, Sid Meier's Pirates, and Capcom Puzzle Collection) for about $85.[/quote]

which location was that in Wisconsin ???

[quote name='Optical']I just drove past mine and people had signs saying everything was 20%-50% off. I might stop in tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Same for King of Prussia PA store today. Alot of stuff is still there, seems like people are waiting for another price drop.

Same for my compusa, 20-50 percent off. Still have moderately a lot of stuff left, still a lot of games. I don't think they'll drop it any more if it's taken them this long. Seems like they didn't sell out their inventory to a liquidator and they're just clearancing it out themselves and will probably just keep and ship all the leftover inventory to other stores.

I went by my local store today, games are still 20% off with the exception of PS3 games, which are now 25% off - hotish for those who have a PS3.
Controllers are now 25% off as well. (Keyboards and Mice still 20)

If they do ship inventory to other stores vs. really clearencing it out (as the local CompUSA's sign says) then that's actually funny as that that's how they got into this mess in the first place. Corporate has said that one of their core problems was not competitively pricing stuff and holding on to old inventory.

Numerous games at the local CompUSA that are on clearance are currently cheaper at other stores even with the % discount they are offering. I just wonder if they've learned anything about how to compete.

I liked having a local CompUSA, but knew this was going to happen. The funny thing here is that the FIRST time I ever saw them open any of their checkout registers was the first day of their out of business sale. Before then there was always a sign telling customers to check out at customer service.

[quote name='Thongsy']Same for my compusa, 20-50 percent off. Still have moderately a lot of stuff left, still a lot of games. I don't think they'll drop it any more if it's taken them this long. Seems like they didn't sell out their inventory to a liquidator and they're just clearancing it out themselves and will probably just keep and ship all the leftover inventory to other stores.[/QUOTE]

So pissed

The one in the Brighton, MA area has shipped out EVERYTHING decent instead of selling it off. Video cards, motherboards, ALL CONSOLE GAMES, etc. etc..

The only things they aren't sending back are things that they can't pawn off on other stores.

I'm in Atlanta, GA - there are lots of CompUSA's going out of business sales. Games (including 360, Wii, PS3) are at least 20% off... and PS2/Xbox/Gamecube accessories/games are at least 30% off. Great for old XBL cards :)

Hm. CompUSA finally went down to 20% off video game merch? I wonder if that's YMMV? Then again unless they had some DS Lites in stock I probably couldn't care less. None of the CompUSAs down here ever have squat.

The one in Syracuse seemingly took forever to up their % off and by the time I got back up that way to check out the store again, they had closed. People who don't know squat about games will go in and think 1/5 of the price off is a great deal, whereas I'll wait till the final week of a stores closing sale to go and cherry pick whatever is left.

I'm still kicking myself in the ass over not grabbing multiples of Silent Hill 2 AND 3 for PS2 when the one store in NJ I happened upon was in their final week. I was out there for an auto auction and decided to hit that mall on the way home. I later on paid $30 for a USED copy of SH 3 from GS. :whistle2:X

bread's done
Back